Walk, Eat, And Drink In Naples

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 21, 2010

Greetings!

We had a fun day in Naples and luckily the rain held off until late afternoon.

One thing I forgot about Florida is the grass- I am always amused by how thick and crunchy it is here! Our grass in Ontario is so thin and weak. ;)

IMG_8940

IMG_8942

OSGMOM’s sunglasses- $6 from flea market in Daytona

Mine- $8 from a kiosk in ON

Gotta love knock-offs…

We hit up Naples today! It was a warm and windy 78F today.

IMG_8959

5th Avenue in Naples. Very over priced but quite pleasant on the eyes.

Lots of homes near the beach:

IMG_2611IMG_2612

Fun trees :)

IMG_2626

We looked around for a healthy restaurant, but a healthy restaurant we did not find! All the restaurants we saw were all about the burgers, calzones, pizza, fries, cheese pasta, etc.

We decided on Cafe Luna.

IMG_8946

Their only veg. option was a salad. It was delicious- strawberries, granny smith apples, pine nuts, and vinaigrette. I got a side of mixed nuts for more satiety (It was about 1/4 cup?).

IMG_8952

Volume food? ;)

IMG_8949

Love a cold beer on a patio.

IMG_8948

Eric got a Stromboli which was packed with meat and cheese!

IMG_8950

We all enjoyed our meals, although I was still very hungry after lunch. I ended up having a second lunch later on.

IMG_2605

We went to the beach and just walked along the shore. My mom and I talked a lot about when we used to live in Florida (I was just in grade preschool, kindergarten and grade 1!!!). We lived in the Clearwater area.

IMG_2620

Salute!

IMG_8961

I wish I lived near a beach…they are so relaxing! I’m pretty sure I would come to just meditate and be with my thoughts.

IMG_8962

IMG_8963

IMG_8969

We went to Starbucks after the beach to wet our whistle. My mom and I got an iced green tea and I got some dried apples. They were deelish.

IMG_8974

IMG_8972

Eric got some Gelato!

IMG_8971

Once home I had a second lunch as my tummy was growling. I made an Ezekiel wrap with hummus, black beans, spinach, and tomato.

IMG_2633 IMG_2636

And about 2 servings of these awesome tortilla chips.

IMG_2630

My tummy is finally satisfied!

Indoor palmtrees ;)

IMG_2565 IMG_2560

~~~

I am wondering what your opinion is…if you could choose one which would it be and why:

CVS or Walgreens??? (They are both EVERYWHERE!!!!)

Publix, Whole Foods, or Trader Joe’s (Sadly I don’t think there are TJ’s in FL??)

Target or Wal-mart? (I’m going to SUPER Target tomorrow…My first time ever in a Target!)

~~~

I’m off now to help my mom make a delicious feast for dinner. We are taking a casserole recipe and making it healthier. Should be fun! :)

Have a great night!

Angela_Signature

Page 3 of 3«123
Fae March 21, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Great picture of you and your mom!!!

Have fun at Target tomorrow!

Gab* March 21, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Looks like fun. Must be so nice to be spending some time with your Mum!

Mandiee March 21, 2010 at 11:13 pm

in my mind, whole foods is the only one that really matters… i could live there :P oh, and if you ever go to michigan, you have to go to meijers, it’s amazing. i hope you’re enjoying your time in fl. it looks beautiful!

have a lovely day!
xox

Eri March 21, 2010 at 11:19 pm

cvs and walgreen are basically the same to me, but usually use cvs for perscriptions.
walmart usually has a better food selection than target, but I love target for general shopping. super versions of both.lol
never been in trader joes, whole foods has huge selection, just pricyyyyy. and i have been in publix many times, (i have family in floida) pretty good, as fa as grocery stores go.

Kelly (Local Foodie's Fight) March 22, 2010 at 1:57 am

I dont ever go to Walgreens because they dont have them around here in DC, so I will say CVS. Then Target (love). Then Trade Joes. LOVE me some Tj’s. Plus, their wine prices are awwesmoe!

Kerry March 22, 2010 at 2:40 am

Looks like a fun place to visit! xx

Judy March 22, 2010 at 4:56 am

Target. And super Targets are much better than regular targets . . . I miss our super Target in Austin.

Never been to Publix or Trader Joes (never lived by either). Everyone loves Trader Joes, tho. I do love Whole Foods (and no longer live by one, either), but they are pricey. I miss that too . . .

lacey March 22, 2010 at 5:40 am

Oh I miss Florida!

Walgreens

Publix, In Tampa (and I am sure elsewhere in FL) they have an all organic publix its LUSH! Whole Foods is good too.

Target all the way. I love this place!

Emily March 22, 2010 at 7:09 am

Tar-jay is what we call it down here in the south and it’s only the most fabulous place in the world!!! Sadly, where I live the closest TJs/Whole Foods is over an hour away. =(

Kath March 22, 2010 at 7:22 am

Without a DOUBT:

CVS, Whole Foods, Target!

Lea March 22, 2010 at 7:30 am

Walgreen’s-because (this is ridiculous) I like their logo better
Trader Joe’s-because their prices are awesome
Target-because they are always introducing new lines by designers, make up artists, etc.

ddawnzer March 22, 2010 at 7:43 am

Trader Joe’s for sure..wonderful.reasonably priced TJ’s branded stuff..always a great hot coffee sample and large samplings of new products..I am in Naples with my MOM right now for 6 weeks and so wish there were a TJ’s

Kyla March 22, 2010 at 7:49 am

There’s not really any difference between Walgreen’s and CVS, although I like the Walgreen’s commercials better!
Publix is actually a pretty awesome chain grocery store. I would get less expensive grocery items there since Whole Foods is quite pricey. Whole Paycheck is what it should really be called. But there are sooo many wonderful items there! You’ll be in heaven.
Target all the way!!!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] March 22, 2010 at 8:11 am

CVS – Whole Foods – Target!

your pictures are making me want a beach vacation in a bad way! Keep the ocean pics coming! :)

Lindsey March 22, 2010 at 8:37 am

*sobs* Don’t talk to me about Trader Joe’s!!! I miss it SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Ahem. Yes.

I don’t care for CVS or Walgreens, really. LOL.

But as you know, give me Super Target any day! Hehe!! Enjoy your shopping!!!! :)

Stina @ Girl Can March 22, 2010 at 8:51 am

CVS v. Walgreens: I go to CVS most often because it’s across the street from my house, but I don’t really have a preference. I do think CVS may be a bit cheaper.

Publix v. Whole Foods v. Trader Joe’s: We don’t have Publix in Chicago so that leaves me WF and TJ’s, and they are both winners in my book. I go to TJ’s more often as they’re much cheaper, but I go to WF for more “specialty” items. I would probably do all my shopping at WF if I could afford it though.

Target v. Wal*Mart: There is no compeition here; it’s Target hands down. The Wal*Marts in my area are exceptionally trashy. I generally don’t set foot in them unless I absolutely must.

Melissa S. March 22, 2010 at 8:53 am

i’d def say CVS; publix is great but WF has more variety (but more $$) and yes, no TJ’s down here…and Target is the way to go. Walmart is horrible!

christina March 22, 2010 at 9:02 am

publix is great for the basics, but go to WF for the fun stuff. and TARGET!!! stay away from walmart, blah!!

Alison March 22, 2010 at 11:22 am

CVS! People from Boston have panic attacks if they can’t see a CVS or a Dunkin’ Donuts near them. :)

Sara March 22, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Trader Joe’s has much cheaper organic frozen fruit than WF. Frozen organic raspberries are $2/pound cheaper there!

I’ve also heard irradiation rumors about TJ’s “organic” fresh produce, so I usually stick to WF for my fresh produce!

Eliana >^..^ March 22, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I love that picture of your mom and you walking on the beach, how lovely. BTW, can you ID those birds? :O) They are royal terns, they are such beautiful birds.

WHole foods over publix, however, publix has MANY vegan/vegetarian products. They have a green section. We do not have TJ here.

Target over Walmart anytime. Target has many eco-friendly products, many cleaning/personal products that are not tested on animals.

Have a good day.

Katy ( The Balanced Foodie ) March 22, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Target over Wal-Mart for sure. While Wal-mart is cheaper, not as many healthy/organic options. Look for Super Target’s they have an awesome grocery store! Whole foods is awesome, but Publix is cheaper and depending on the Publix it can have lots of organic options! I WISH there was a TJ’s here. Sadly, there is not. Closest one is in Atlanta, Georgia. CVS over Walgreens, but they are just drug stores for quick pick-ups. If you need toiletries though, go to Target!

[email protected] March 22, 2010 at 1:46 pm

SuperTarget is the best. I live in the land of Target (Minneapolis) so they are plentiful here. I would have to drive quite a ways to get to the nearest Wal-Mart, but there are two Target’s within a few miles of my house. But, I prefer Target to Wal-Mart any day. (I can’t believe you don’t have Target there…I buy EVERYTHING at Target! I am there once a week for sure, usually twice a week!)

We don’t have Publix, but I like TJ’s and Whole Foods pretty equally… but Whole Foods is more of a treat for me since it can be spendy, so I choose TJ’s!

I don’t go to Walgreens or CVS. Walgreen’s seems more expensive and there isn’t anything there I can’t get at Target :) CVS just started coming to the area, so I have only stopped in once or twice.

Nicci March 22, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I like CVS, Trader Joes and Walmart. I get a discount at Walmart plus…they have everything :)

Cassie March 22, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Aren’t the starbucks dried apples AWESOME!?

Cute sand-writing on the beach! :D

tatiana March 22, 2010 at 8:10 pm

The picture you took with your mom looks like the condo that my MIL owns in PORT of the Islands naples. Are you in staying in Naples.

tatiana March 22, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I meant are you staying in Downtown.

FoodCents March 27, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Thank you for sharing the Naples pics, Angela:) I lived there for two years, during high school. It is a beautiful place to visit, not so ideal when you are younger and living there. I have not been back in many years, so nice to see the beautiful beach and 5th Ave., which we used to cruise up and down in HS (cool like that).

Safe travels and BE WELL!!!!

Melanie September 30, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Hello! If you ever come back to Naples, we have an outstanding Whole Foods Market — 52,000 square feet of wonderful! Our extensive salad and hot bar will make you very happy.

I hope you return. If you do, stop in at Whole Foods Market and introduce yourself. I work there! You have a fabulous website.

Melanie

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 1, 2012 at 7:08 am

wow lucky you!! I hope to go back some day…it’s an amazing place! I will have to find you if I do!