Hello From Florida!

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 21, 2010

Hey guys!

We made it safe and sound late last night. :)

IMG_8886

The sweet Southern Belle at the Budget counter sweet talked us into this bad boy!!!! LOL.

IMG_8899

She convinced us it was a special deal just for us…lol. ;)

Lots of fun was had driving to my parents place…music was cranked, songs were sung. Hair got massively knotty, lol.

IMG_8910

Lots of beer and chips were had upon arriving

IMG_2552

I had 2 beer and then some of Eric’s. Soooo thirsty after the flight. Probably not the most hydrating drink, but it tasted amazing!!! Eric proceeded to spill his beer all over his lap. We joke in my family that it isn’t a party until Eric spills something! LOL…he tends to spill things a lot.

IMG_2558 IMG_2559

IMG_2539

OSGMOM spotting!

The condo they are renting is just beautiful and has such a Florida touch to it.

IMG_2561

IMG_2536

Despite our awesome bed I could NOT sleep last night! I was sooooo excited and basically wired up. I laid in bed til 2am and I was up around 7am. Vacation excitement! ;)

IMG_2545

IMG_2566

IMG_2562

IMG_2564

IMG_2548

IMG_2534

IMG_2579

Love this tree…anyone know what it is?

IMG_2586

I started the vacation off on the right foot with a nice 4 mile run this morning.

IMG_8928

Despite my stepdad trying to scare me, I did NOT see any snakes! However, every twig, stick, leaf, rustle was a potential suspect. :mrgreen:

IMG_8938

Lots of great paths!

IMG_8935 IMG_8936

I got a really bad blister though so I need to pick up some blister pads. Ouch!

We’re off to Naples now to look around and see the sights. Back later!

Have a lovely Sunday!

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Janet (Pantry Bites) March 21, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Angela, I think the tree is a Jacaranda. I only saw it after I moved to New Zealand. I have one outside of my house. The leaves are beautiful but they only flower for a very short period.

Carbzilla March 21, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I was also going to say Jacaranda but hard to tell. We had them in So. Cal. Beautiful purple flowers.

That is some wallpaper in the kitchen! Wowza. Have a super trip!

Midgetkeeper March 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Nice car and place! Have a blast.

Deirdre March 21, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Sounds like you’re having a great time so fat. The car looks like so much fun.

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 21, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Looks like fun! It’s definitely fun to have a little healthy “leeway” while on vacation although I’ve been on the road nearly two months and am SO looking forward to getting back into my normal routine and my own kitchen.

Amy @ Running in Pink March 21, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Glad you made it to Florida safe and sound – i promised you the flight would be fine!

I love that photo of your mom and eric in the kitchen (it looks like she is having a cheeky pinch of his bottom!) :o)

What are in the baskets on your bed? I’m being really nosey now!

Angie All The Way March 21, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Tooo funny because the husband and I are going to Orlando on April 12 for 10 days and he got us a convertible lined up too! How FUN and what a treat!!!

Condo looks beautiful!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Fae March 21, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Looks like you’re having a blast already!!! You left at just the right time too. The weather here in Toronto SUCKS right now!!!!

Anyhow, enjoy the vaca!!!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 21, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Hope you have a great time!!! Great work on the run!!!

Meg's Gut March 21, 2010 at 4:07 pm

enjoy florida! hopefully the weather is starting to warm up down there for ya!

Victoria March 21, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I agree with Jacaranda…i have grown up in so cal with those lovely trees…incredibly messy flowers when then drop…

Heather (Heather's Dish) March 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm

what a cute house! i love vacation homes :) way to go with the 4 miler this morning…hope Naples is a blast and I can’t wait to see pictures!

christina cadden March 21, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Have a fun vacation!

Katherine @ Lipgloss and Spandex March 21, 2010 at 6:47 pm

YAY for the start of your vacation, and for a SWEET rental convertible :)

Jolene March 21, 2010 at 10:15 pm

That book is really cool!! And I love the wallpaper!!

Sophie @ yumventures March 22, 2010 at 9:46 am

Beautiful condo! I love it!

Eliana >^..^ March 22, 2010 at 12:01 pm

How much fun!! What a beautiful apartment!

LEt me know when you find out what tree that is, I have been seeing a lot of them around my house but have no clue what it is.

Have fun.

Erin March 31, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I used to jog outside trails in Florida all the time, and I only saw a snake once – it was terrifying though! He was a big boy, and I’d have stepped right on him in two more steps if I didn’t stop. I have also seen gigantic turtles, wild horses and buffalo in the central FL area, and was told by someone else once that they saw a gator right in the middle of the trail!