I am a changed woman.
I have embraced my love of oatmeal and there is no turning back!!
I was chomping at the bit today to try out the Lunchtime Oats I was dreaming up all morning. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but I was willing to throw caution to the wind!
Loaded Lunchtime Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Oats
- 1.75 cups water
- 1/2 cup frozen veggies
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- Organic Black Beans
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley flakes
- P.C. Sundried Tomato and Herb Seasoning
- P.C. Organic Primavera Spaghetti Sauce
- More black pepper
Directions: Throw oats and water into a pot on medium heat and stir frequently for 5 mins. Add frozen veggies directly into pot, black pepper, sea salt, garlic. Cook for about 7-8 more minutes on low-medium heat, stirring often. Pour into bowl and add toppings!
I showed the French side for those of you who get a kick out of seeing French on our labels. ;) Biologique = Organic.
After cooking, I poured it into the bowl and it looked like pure heaven. But of course, I knew it was not complete…
I treated the oatmeal as a baked potato and I loaded on the toppings! Spaghetti sauce, hummus, parsley, black beans…oh my!
I used this beautiful wooden elephant spoon that I picked up in Mexico.
I rest my case.
To say this was pure bliss in my tummy is an understatement. I can’t remember a lunch that I have adored this much in a long time!!
Expect to see lots of Lunchtime oats in the near future! I am currently testing this batch to see how long it keeps me full for. Will report back with results!
Do you make savoury oats? What do you put in them?
I feel like the combos are ENDLESS. I already have my next Lunchtime oats planned out- Pizza Oats.
On today’s agenda:
- Workout (30 min treadmill hill workout, speed 4.1, incline 12%)
- Speed Clean house
- Bake 200 Glo Bars
- Huge Bakery Ingredients delivery + call to pay
- Packaging + Shipping
- Pick up OSGMOM from Toronto airport (her flight was delayed from snow!!)
- Pick up a few groceries + figure out dinner
- Catch up on 2 weeks worth of email
- Finish Whittle My Middle Exercises
- Import invoices into Excel Spreadsheet
- Take after picture for Whittle My Middle
Enjoy your day!