Lights, Camera…CLEAN!!!

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 3, 2009

1 day until the TV crew is here!!!!!!

Thank you for your congrats! For those of you who asked, I will be on CTV News. They are one of the most popular news stations in all of Toronto!!!! They will be airing some preview clips over the weekend and then the feature will air on Monday (time TBA). I will also ask them if it will be streamed online- if not- I may have to get Eric to covertly tape it??? ;)

I’m not going to lie, I have had zero appetite since I heard that I was going to be on TV. I am by nature a very anxious person, and the thought of being on TV brings me WAY out of my comfort zone. I am just proud of myself for doing it though! :) I keep telling myself, it is never as bad as I imagine. In fact, I’m sure it will be FUN! :D You only live once right?

I have been living off the Green Monster. No matter how nervous I feel I am always ready for Green Monster in my tummy!

This mixture was lovely- Almond milk, Amazing Grass Chocolate Meal, chia seeds, frozen blueberries, spinach. Just a delight in a cup, folks. I had two today.

IMG_7425

I like chomping on things when I am nervous. I figure these organic carrots are much better than chomping on chips…

IMG_7427

Pop quiz: How do you know you are stressed?

IMG_7429

When you chomp through 2 carrots and don’t really recall eating them, but you have the stubs as evidence.

IMG_7455

Don’t worry- I had lots of other food today too…just no time to photograph!

You can be sure that I will be keeping up with my workouts over the next couple days as a great stress reliever!

I had a crazy good workout today. My wild night off last night sure paid off! ;)

I did a 60 min treadmill hill workout (speed 4, incline 11%) followed by my best Whittle My Middle yet!

Check it out:

Day 22 (Dec 2)

• Plank: 1:30 secs (arms extended)
  • Side Plank: 1:30  (arms bent)
  • Plank with elbows on stability ball: 1:30 secs
  • Stability Ball Jackknifes: 15 reps
  • Stability ball roll out: 15 reps
  • Plank Rotations: 1:30 secs

Today was the first day I was able to bring back the 90 second planks!!!! :D I was so happy. My core feels strong.

~~~~

I’d like to take this moment to let you know that

I have NO IDEA WHAT I AM GOING TO WEAR!!!!

I had a few tops picked out and then I read that the colours: Red, White, and Black are no-no’s for the camera. Guess what colour my chosen shirts were??? LOL.

So tomorrow, I am booting it to the mall. I am on the HUNT for a COLOURED blazer!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone knows where I can find a coloured blazer (note: Not black, white, grey, or brown) please let me know! We don’t have J Crew, so that isn’t an option. I am looking for a bright blue or teal colour specifically (it’s my ‘power’ colour), but I doubt I will be able to find one in the winter…?

I am going to check out the following stores: Jacob, H&M, Club Monaco, Tristan, Banana Republic, Le Chateau.

~~~~

I’d also like to take this moment to tell you all how much I love my Dear Husband.

He got home from work tonight and started helping me clean. We just stopped around 11:30pm!

We will be moving the extra couch out of this room for Friday…

IMG_7434

We moved the small tree to cover the eye sore wires in the corner…

IMG_7435

Don’t ask…

IMG_7436

I brought the lamp down from our bedroom and put it in this room. It looks quite warm and lovely. I moved the Sketchie lamp into our bedroom.

IMG_7438

Fixed the tablecloth. Vacuumed floors.

IMG_7440

Washed floors. Cleaned kitchen.

IMG_7442

Eric got rid of all of his reno stuff in the entry way and living room! The entry way looks much better now. He refused to remove the blue painter’s tape since he still needs it for painting. I don’t blame him. I need to do the ribbon on the other side.

IMG_7451

Cleaned the office and desk areas.

IMG_7432

Random question: What colour is your Tweetdeck?

As you can see, mine is green, for Green Monsters. ;) I might change it soon though…

I’m off to pack up some Glo Bar boxes for Friday (I’m hoping they put them on camera!!!) and finish some cleaning stuff.

I feel like I’m on a reality show!

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Jocelyn December 3, 2009 at 10:09 am

Hi Angela! Is it Canada am??

Shannon (The Daily Balance) December 3, 2009 at 10:10 am

Your house looks gorgeous! GOOD LUCK!

Ariel December 3, 2009 at 10:18 am

congratulations! let us know when it’s going to be airing!
I kinda hope its on CP24 breakfast cause that’s what I watch anyways :)
As for blazers, forever 21 might have some! But that’s all the way in mapleview mall (the good one, anyway)

Julie @ Wearing Mascara December 3, 2009 at 10:22 am

This is SO exciting!!!!! :-) Your house looks perfect. Also, don’t stress too much about what to wear. You’ll look GREAT no matter what. Even if it is in a “bad” color for TV. I can’t wait to read or even see a recap.

Alexandra December 3, 2009 at 10:24 am

Hi Ange,

I’m a Canadian and would love to catch this on TV. Can you let me know more details about when it will be airing on CTV?

Genie December 3, 2009 at 10:25 am

That is so cool!! Congratulations!!!

The house looks so spic and span! I LOVE your kitchen, especially the tile floors. I just saved the pic in my Home Improvement inspiration folder. LOL!

Katie December 3, 2009 at 10:33 am

Happy Holidays – you are ALL READY!

Check out my blog – new giveaway and workout songs!

Katie

Claire December 3, 2009 at 10:35 am

The house looks great,Angela!!What shade green is that in your dining area? I love it:-) cc

Morgan @ Life After Bagels December 3, 2009 at 10:49 am

yay let us know what time as soon as you know . . .

Also – are you coming into Toronto? How about forever 21 – it’s on the street at Yonge and Dundas. I can’t remember what they have but I was in there last weekend and everything was pretty colourful

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) December 3, 2009 at 10:54 am

How exciting! You’ll do great and look beautiful no matter what.

And I think I need to clean our house now LOL

Oh and my tweetdeck is maroon/dark red color.

Kelsey December 3, 2009 at 11:00 am

you have such a beautiful home! can I move in? :D
i’m the same way with being anxious and needing crunchy things to keep my mind off of the crazy. and gum. lots and lots of gum.

Beth @ DiningAndDishing December 3, 2009 at 11:09 am

CONGRATS Angela!! That is awesome news :O). Very well deserved!!

A couple years ago I got an AWESOME blazer (blue) from Smart Set. Not sure if they still have something like that but I love mine!

Laura Georgina December 3, 2009 at 11:10 am

The house looks lovely! If a camera crew were to come to my house, I’d have to limit them to the front porch. Unless guests are coming to stay–or ants invade–I do a “mother in law” cleaning (a quick once-over of areas that can be seen).

When I stress, I pick at my cuticles without thinking and then wonder why my hands look live I’ve been out planting a rock garden. I wish my stress would manifest itself in nicer ways, like carrot stumps!

Good luck with the jacket search! You can’t go wrong with the targeted search you’ve set up, and let us know where it came from–I’m desperately looking for a jewel-toned blazer too….

Whit December 3, 2009 at 11:13 am

So exciting for you!!! :D You will look lovely, I feel certain. Good luck with the jacket search!

Marta December 3, 2009 at 11:25 am

Hello,
My name is Marta and I am from Portugal, and I dicover your blog a few days ago, I am just loving it.
Please continue.
P.S- I am gona try the green monster.

Kisses,
Marta

Shelly December 3, 2009 at 11:38 am

Good luck!!! And I just wanted to post and say that I think your kitchen is really pretty. :)

[email protected] the doctor takes a wife December 3, 2009 at 11:40 am

you’ll be great!!

Here’s a little tip to help the nerves: eat bananas. I’m a musician and have SOO many friends who pop pills to squash nerves, but bananas have natural beta blockers in them to help calm you down. I eat one about an hour before I have to play, and then another half about a half an hour before :)

Hope that helps!!

Jenn December 3, 2009 at 11:45 am

Ohhh, I have satellite and can get CTV Toronto down here in Windsor. What program? Those of us who can, MUST watch!

I’m so excited for you that I’M losing MY appetite!!

Anais December 3, 2009 at 11:51 am

Oh woah, I had totally misread your last post and thought it was a radio interview – which is great, but a TV interview, good for you!! Do you know if we’ll be able to catch it anywhere else in Ontario or just in Toronto? Good luck!! YOu’ll do great, I have no doubts :D

Krista December 3, 2009 at 12:07 pm

That’s great news, Ang! I hope to be home when it’s aired so I can watch you!!!

Sarah December 3, 2009 at 1:47 pm

That’s the first time I have ever seen a Tweet Deck, ha ha, I have never used it! :)

Carolyn December 3, 2009 at 2:14 pm

CTV? That’s so exciting! Can’t wait to watch it, keep us updated on air times if you can. About the blazer… I think you’ve got some good guidance already. Banana Republic, Smart set, and Jacob would be where I’d look first. And this is totally “duh” advice, but even though you’re suffering a lack of appetite, make sure you eat lots of good food! Nothing looks worse on camera than sallow skin, and I know my skin loses oomph after even just a day of poor nutrition (and I have uber-fair skin like yours, so I’m guessing it would be the same for you). This is all so neat – you only live once, and you’re really racking up the life experience notches on the belt! Good luck, I know you’ll be great.

Rose December 3, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Wow! Your house is so gorgeous and spacious!

Gina December 3, 2009 at 4:46 pm

There is a navy cordurpy blazer at Banana, but if bright blue is your color…they have this awesome blue cashmere sweater dress…it can be a splurge to celebrate your success!

By the way, I made a green monster this morning and left the extra that didn’t fit in the cup in the fridge. My boyfriend drank it this morning and was texting me for the recipe so he could make another…Success!!!

Your home is gorgeous:)

MB December 3, 2009 at 5:22 pm

You are already a star! I hope Eric can tape it or post it on youtube or something so us non-Canadians can see it. Good luck!

I had my first Green Monster today and it was yummy. Just spinach and berries to start.

Good luck finding the right color blazer.

Break a leg …

Lauren December 3, 2009 at 5:23 pm

You have a HUGE house…and so clean! I love it! Good luck tomorrow!

Jackie December 3, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Oh no no I didn’t mean you should censor yourself and I by no means expect perfection. I’ve just become such a HUGE fan of your blog over the months that the specific comment seemed sort of “out” of character. You have such wonderful things to say and the little note you put in my package of Glo Bars brightened my day, so if you can brighten my day I just know you can brighten your own! And you are such a gorgeous girl (and photogenic so tv cameras will look great) I guess I just hope you embrace all your wonderful talents and beauty because you deserve it, heck everyone does!

Jolene December 3, 2009 at 6:05 pm

I don’t even know what a tweetdeck is and I use twitter! It does have to do with twitter, right?

Dara G December 3, 2009 at 6:28 pm

i’m just going to say good luck, and you have a beautiful home. :)

Amanda December 3, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I just love your house! It’s so beautiful!!!!

Lesley Lifting Life December 3, 2009 at 9:55 pm

I’ve read the news about YOU being on the news but haven’t commented yet … CONGRATS, Ang, that’s so neat!! : )

You’ll rock it!!

Kath December 3, 2009 at 11:53 pm

Congrats Ange!!

Trail December 4, 2009 at 12:38 am

Your house looks beautiful! You’ll do great :)

Suzanne December 4, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Check out RW, Cleo or Mexx.

Katy @ These Beautiful Feet December 5, 2009 at 12:16 am

I am a very anxious person as well, I can totally relate. Green monsters are the only thing I can really get down when I am nervous too!! Great fall back though. ;) Love them! My tweetdeck is the dark purple. I am probably going to change soon though!