What Will You Be For Halloween?

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 25, 2009

Last night Eric and I did a little decorating for Halloween! We are having a get together on the 31st so I thought we better get this place looking a little more festive.

I’m excited…not only is it Halloween, but it is also the anniversary for Oh She Glows! This is going to be one exciting week.

The Scull man…aka Mervin ;) and pumpkin #1 yet to be carved. Expect to see Mervin a lot this week.

IMG_5504

Mini pumpkins and leaves

IMG_5515

More pumpkins and a candle with leaves. I resurrected the tablecloths which my mother in law made for my wedding shower last year.

IMG_5506

Ikea flowers in a black vase we received as a wedding gift from Eric’s brother Steve

IMG_5509

Scull man roses….oh yes!

IMG_5510

More pumpkins and foliage

IMG_5513

That is phase 1 of the decorating. Phase two will involve some Dollarstore and our strobe light. We’re going to use the strobe light outside and then move it inside for the dance floor.

Last night we tested it out.

IMG_7137 IMG_7138 IMG_7141

I got a headache. lol.

IMG_7143

Strobe lights = awesome.

We also still need to figure out what we are doing for costumes! Here are our ideas:

1) Green Monster and Coke

2) Jim and Pam

LOL!!!! As you can see we don’t have too many, but I think we could pull either one off! Ideas??

Do you decorate for Halloween? What do you do?

Are you dressing up as anything this year?

I’d love to turn our house into a crazy haunted house this year. If you have any cool ideas for me let me know!

~~~~

I’m off to bake up my orders and get ready for the week. I also am going to exercise for the first time since my half 1 week ago! My body is nice and rested. :)

Stay tuned for one of the best fall soup recipes I have ever made!

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Cara (Cara Craves...) October 25, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Barbie and Ken? They are a mean duo :) Ha!

I love your fall decor…One of my fav things to do is carve out the little mini pumpkins and put tea lights into them…so that the candles are level with the opening…looks cute.

Molly October 25, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Angela-
Ok I’m a lurker, finally coming out of the woodwork :) I’ve been following your very inspirational blog for a few months now and I’ve now started back at the beginning and working my way forward. Congrats on the 1 year anniversary! You are so talented, you have such a gift for writing, cooking, keeping fit, and being an inspiration to men and women (prolly mostly) around the world. I’m tuning in from Japan where finding things to eat is somewhat challenging (since I can’t read or speak Japanese!) Keep up the great work and be very proud of your accomplishments. You. Are. Awesome. Thanks again!!!!

Michelle October 25, 2009 at 8:29 pm

I think it would be even more hilarious if you and Eric dressed up as Dwight and Angela!

Brandi C. October 25, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Jim and Pam!…Too make your party more festive you could make punch and put dry ice in it to keep it cool. The ice will make it look like it’s smoking. (It’s like Halloween fog)
I found a link just in case you have know idea what I’m talking about.

rhodeygirl October 25, 2009 at 9:21 pm

love the decorations lady!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 25, 2009 at 10:17 pm

I have started making my costume but have to keep it secretive, only non obvious pics on the blog this week. I have a wedding to go to on Halloween night (yeah cool eh!). I’ve had NO time for decorations though, even my friends asked today “where’s that batman head you usually have filled with candy at this time of year” I’m sure batman can come out this week, but not likely the candy. I was not so great with food at this time last year.

Kasey (Fit For Wellness) October 25, 2009 at 11:52 pm

I vote for GM & coke!

Shannon October 26, 2009 at 6:40 am

Very nice! We did our decorating this weekend too. It’s fun to be festive. And now we have a jack-o-lantern to light up the house this week!

Paige @ Running Around Normal October 26, 2009 at 7:52 am

Nice decorating! It looks awesome!! Makes me want to decorate more for Halloween, however, we will hardly be home at all next weekend.
Love the strobe light pics!

AGS October 26, 2009 at 8:05 am

Love the decorating (and strobe light!). I invited my husband for a “spooky date night”. . . so need to come up with something for us to do either at home or out for 10/31.

In other news, I thought you might like this article.

Jodi October 26, 2009 at 9:51 am

Ange, have you seen the online “Dwight” pumpkin stencil? lol ;)

Krista October 26, 2009 at 10:17 am

I think it would be hard to recognize a couple as Jim and Pam, they are too “normal” if that makes sense.
We were Homer and Marge one year (and won a bar contest!), and this year we are 20’s mob gangsters.

Betty October 26, 2009 at 12:38 pm

The strobe light looks like a lot of fun. My vote goes for Jim and Pam.

Tina October 26, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I LOVE the skull roses!! Those are awesome. I’m not putting up decorations in my dorm unfortunately, but I think I’m dressing up as some soft of hippie. Gotta do with what I have!

Angela October 27, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Jim and Pam!! haha I love it! My fiance and I are going to be Jon and Kate

P.S. I love your decorations-Halloween is so fun. We put up orange lights on our balcony and have a few pumpkins in the apartment. I think we will decorate more when we get a house.

Have a great day!