An Ode To Sketchie

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 23, 2009

Straight out of a horror film…

IMG_6194

Last night, my brother in law Steve came over and Eric, Steve, and I got cozy in the family room and watched The Bourne Identity. Eric and I are huge fans of the Bourne movies. We have watched each one probably over 10 times. I also may or may not have a crush on Matt Damon. shhhhhh. ;)

Eric and I are going to bundle ourselves up in about 7 blankets and watch #2 and possibly #3 tonight! Can’t wait.

The weather is perfect for some snuggling and movies…

IMG_5361

After the movie finished last night, Eric was showing us his new media player. It lets him play You Tube videos on the TV. He decided to put on a bunch of Sketchie’s videos that have now become quite popular! One of Sketchie’s videos now has over 122,000 hits…pretty crazy! This cat delivered when he was a kitten. haha.

IMG_7170

Without further ado, I present to you a little entertainment on your Friday night. I hope you will get a laugh out of Sketchie’s crazy kitten ways! :D

Let’s start off with the first day we brought him home…April 28, 2007:

His body was too funny!!!!

Let’s just say that Christmas is a very interesting time of year with Sketchie around!!! This was his first Christmas in our condo…

Make sure the music is turned up for the full effect!

Sadly, our Christmas tree doesn’t stay in one piece very long! Does anyone else’s cat climb the tree?

Sketchie as a kitten fighting with that ‘cat in the mirror’…

OMG!!!! Cats are so rediculous.

And now the one that has over 122,000 views! A You Tube Sensation!

Nothing makes us laugh harder than that loud ‘DONG’ at the start of the video when he hits his head. That explains so much…

And now for some kitten pictures…

IMG_3085

Those awkward teen years…

100_2561

He’s a great listener….bahahaha

IMG_0362

He loves his mice…

IMG_0246 IMG_0279  IMG_0425

MY BEH-BEH!

IMG_0306

Small spaces…

IMG_3011

We once found him sleeping in an empty tissue box.

[I’m joking, but that would be hilarious]

IMG_0430     IMG_5969

Oh no you didn’t!

IMG_6847

I think this post officially breaks me into Crazy Cat Lady territory if I wasn’t there already! ha!

~~~~

Now I want you to tell me about your pets!

Do you have any? What crazy things do they do?

If you have any pictures of your pets online or any videos please link to them! :)

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Jolene October 23, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Your cat is probably the cutest cat I have ever seen – I love Sketchie’s colours!

Kelly October 23, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Sketchie is seriously beautiful. And obviously a comedian! And a YouTube star. Quite the CV he’s got. :)

I have two pups, a chihuahua (Tamale) and a miniature dachshund (Mistletoe). Tamale is… feisty, to say the least, but I love her dearly. Missy is disabled and uses a doggie wheelchair and loves getting attention and treats!

Jen October 23, 2009 at 11:52 pm

We have two cats who are almost 2 yrs old, Arty & Fuey (their “proper” names are Arturo & Fuente – they’re named afer my husband’s favourite cigar – but they only get called that when they’re in big trouble, lol) Last year was our first Xmas with them and definitely our last with a mini-tree (it was about 3 feet tall). They sniffed it out and seemed uninterested, but when we came home from a night out with friends, there were ornaments everywhere and our tree was laying on the floor & had definitely lost the battle. Not sure if you will be able to see this video from my Facebook…Fuey once got his head stuck in a tissue box and I nearly pee’d my pants laughing at him: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=61044671221 And finally, check out this video on YouTube and see how Sketchie reacts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih6W19KTlZo My boys FREAKED and spent a good half hour after I shut it off searching for the unwelcome cat, lol!

Jen October 23, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Forgot to add, I love that your first pic of Sketchie is of him in a box that says “High brightness, dynamic sound, wall mountable”. LOL!

Elisabeth October 24, 2009 at 12:02 am

Sketchie is so cute! I was laughing so hard at the video when he bangs his head on the mirror! lol.

I don’t have any cats, but I feel like I live at a circus most of the time. We have two dogs and a bird, and they all have their own fair share of character. Especially the bird! She’s camera shy, so whenever we take out the video camera, she pipes down, but here’s a video of her beat-boxing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eIJv9_qotM

P.s…you’ll see what crazy REALLY is when you watch this. I talk to her like she’s human. Actually, my boyfriend and I both do! lol.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 24, 2009 at 9:35 am

Birds are so cool…he could definitely beat box!

Amber from Girl with the Red Hair October 24, 2009 at 12:53 am

I have a cat named Webster, he’s an orange tabby cat and I absolutely LOVE him. It’s just me and him living together right now so he’s like my BFF!! Haha

I have to say your cat is SOOO different looking. He has like a cheetah pattern – I have NEVER seen a cat like that before. Is he some sort of special breed??

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) October 24, 2009 at 2:24 am

Awwww, what a cutie! I’m more of a dog person, but cats can be so much fun.

The Voracious Vegan October 24, 2009 at 2:27 am

What a stunning kitty! I love that Christmas video, it combines all my favorite things: Christmas, adorable animals and hilarity! This was such a great post, thank you so much for sharing!

Amanda October 24, 2009 at 3:12 am

Luv luv luv your kitty!! So beautiful! So funny xo

Oxidaisy October 24, 2009 at 3:49 am

Bahaha! Sketchie is só cute and funny! I am officially a crazy cat lady too and I also infected my boyfriend. We have 2 cats and both have the capability to be cute, annoying, evil and incredibly funny at the same time.
I can go on and on telling stories about them. like how they sleep in crazy places in crazy positions, kick all the decorations out of the christmas tree, play soccer with whatever. And how one always plays with stuff she shouldn’t and then runs away WITH the thing when I try to take it. And how the other one crashed behind the heater because when she sprinted and tried to jump, she forgot that we had removed the window-sill that was on top of the heater.
Just made me realize…I have to write a cat-blogpost soon!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 24, 2009 at 9:24 am

lol…love it. They are very cute! Look like best buddies. Makes me want to get Sketchie a buddy.

Jess October 24, 2009 at 3:56 am

I can’t see myself ever owning a cat (or a dog, for that matter) but Sketchie definitely makes the prospect more appealing.

I guess I’m not a “conventional” pet person. My ideal pets include pot-bellied pigs (have to get a bigger yard first) and sugar gliders (the absolute cutest things in the entire world).

BUT, my boyfriend and I just happened to bring home a pet today – he’s a hedgehog and we haven’t even named him yet but he’s quite adorable.

Ásta Sigrún October 24, 2009 at 6:49 am

Hey Angela, your best bet is to put citrus on the tree, e.g. put the peel of an orange and lemons inside behind the décor so it’s not visible, but cats apparently don’t like that :) Also put it around the gifts- it doesn’t have to be noticeable:)
Take care

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 24, 2009 at 9:22 am

Thats such a good idea because Sketchie HATES citrus peel. He scrunches up his face and swats at it!!! HAHAH

Kristin (Kristins Nibbles) October 24, 2009 at 6:50 am

You’re no crazy cat lady- my mom has FIVE cats!! lol

And we have found a kitten sleeping in an empty tissue box before. ha!

xo
K

Susan October 24, 2009 at 7:17 am

Bahaha, those mirror videos are hilarious. My cat of 11 years just passed away. He was awesome. A big ‘ole fat cat that totally ruled our neighbourhood. Whevener I was laying down, he would come up and start pawing at my stomach. He was so heavy it would knock the breath out of me! :P

Spotty Prep October 24, 2009 at 7:39 am

Awww his coloring is so beautiful!! I have a dalmatian, so I guess I’m kinda partial to spots ;)

My dog bashes his head against a door if it’s closed- it opens up a couple door at my parent’s house, but doesn’t really work in our townhouse. He still thinks it will though.

There are pictures of him all throughout my blog, but especially here http://spottyprep.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-wedding-day-my-husband-and-i-with.html You do have to scroll through about 4 wedding pictures first though!

christie, honoring health October 24, 2009 at 7:50 am

OMG, those mirror videos are hilarious!!Thanks for sharing them!

chandra h October 24, 2009 at 8:25 am

i think this is one of my favorite posts of yours! :D i love cats soooo much. when i was growing up we always had a good few kitties – we lived in north carolina country and we had a big deck and yard, and they’d live out there. unfortunately life has majorly changed since then and right now I don’t have any cats. someday! :)

sketchie is such a cool looking kitty. i’m sure you are one proud mama ;) hehe

when i do get a cat i want to get one of those super fluffy persian cats with the smooshed in faces. everyone i tell that to is like “omg they are so ugly” but i totally love them. lol

happy saturday angela! enjoy the movies :)

Shannon October 24, 2009 at 8:28 am

Those are great!! My cats cry at bugs when they are hunting them too. It cracks me up. You’re not a crazy cat lady….cats just provide a lot of blog material: they’re cute and they’re funny! Mine have made numerous appearances on my blog!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 24, 2009 at 8:46 am

I have a slight obsession with photographing my cat, Max. He is the best!!

Menden (Skinny Menny) October 24, 2009 at 9:53 am

Aw, Sketchie might just be the coolest cat ever!

I have a cat, Pinot, and a dog, Zoe. They are my world!!

Last year, Pinot was a kitten at Christmas time…so she didn’t really attempt to climb the tree. I have a feeling this year’s gonna be a different story ;)

Diana October 24, 2009 at 10:00 am

Oh Angela he’s so cute! :) My cat used to react the same way to mirrors. Hilarious. Aw, this made me miss him..

natalie October 24, 2009 at 10:08 am

those videos were so so so funny. me and my husband watched them and laughed so hard! our kitty did the same thing when we first got her! you made us want to get another one by watching that….we looked online last night at kittys for sale. it was fun! such a cute post!!

Tina October 24, 2009 at 10:47 am

I’m not really a cat person, but Sketchie is probably the cutest one I’ve ever seen!! I’m in love with his cheetah spots :D

I have a golden retriever, Maggie. She’s the sweetest dog ever! I miss her so much :( She better remember me when I come home for Christmas

Kasey (Fit For Wellness) October 24, 2009 at 10:48 am

I grew up around cats! Unfortunately, my fiance is deathly allergic to them so no more kittys for me… we are planning on a hypo-allergenic dog once we move from our tiny condo into a house with a yard!

Autumn Tao October 24, 2009 at 11:20 am

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that this morning. I have a rescued dog and kitten, and they light up my life. The cat is a new edition, Dallas (after the Cowboys). He’s affectionately named Tom Sawyer because he makes playing with his toys so difficult. Much like Tom and his elaborate plans to help Jim, the slave, escape in the novel Huck Finn, Dallas dive-bombs off the couch for a toy he was sitting next to a few minutes before. He stalking toys from behind the wicker on the dining room table, and stretches to attack it, when he could just walk around the table and get it straight on. It’s fantastic to watch.

Jen October 24, 2009 at 12:22 pm

I have a cat named Elmo… and she fetches, and chases her tail, so we’ve always said we think she’s actually a dog just masquerading as a cat.

Up until August, we had two cats, but the older one, who was 16 years old (we’d had him since I was 7, so for 13 or so years) got sick and we ended up having to put him to sleep. He wasn’t the most quirky cat, but he loved rubbing his face all over my head right after I showered. And if you made him really mad he would spit at you. He was the cutest cat, Himalayan with big blue eyes.

Your cat is adorable! And very entertaining…

Emily October 24, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Sketchie is hilarious! I want to meet him!

I am totally a crazy dog lady. I got my first puppy this spring, a little golden retriever named Lily. She is now 8 months old. I think of her as my daughter.

Her quirks include giving high-fives, always bringing visitors a stuffed animal as a gift, and going through the laundry to find my socks then bring them to me in the morning!

I love her to bits, even though last night she chewed up my favourite heels from New York City….but I can’t stay mad at her for long ;)

Julie @savvyeats October 24, 2009 at 7:38 pm

So cute, and I don’t even usually like cats! I especially like when he is fighting with the “other cat” (ie: his reflection), and jumps around the corner expecting the other cat to be on the other side :)

pam October 24, 2009 at 8:51 pm

The bourne movies are awesome! I think the top CIA agent, Pamela Landy has a pretty awesome name, but then again I might be a little biased since it’s my first and last name :).

janetha October 24, 2009 at 11:06 pm

this is such a great post! sketchie is amazing. i loved all the videos, aren’t pets the best?!

Hannah October 25, 2009 at 12:07 am

Oh my gosh Angela this was hilarious!!!! I loved the videos and my mom and I are cat lovers (we have a “mutt” Abyssinian and Bengal mix) so we laughed hysterically at the videos of Sketchie. Those types of cats have so much personality! Thanks for sharing with us, he’s a beautiful cat!

Amanda October 25, 2009 at 2:30 am

Sketchie is so beautiful!!! My cat, Yoda, a large black and white rescue kitty is my ‘beast’. She knocks things off the counters to watch them fall, burrows under my blankets, drinks exclusively from the bathroom sink WHILE I’m in the bathroom and loves clean laundry. I loved that video of sketchie climbing the christmas tree, now I don’t feel alone! My cats always ruin the tree!…. and play hockey with the GLASS christmas ornaments.

Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness October 25, 2009 at 2:56 am

Oh my goodness! Sketchie is hilarious. That video of him fighting with himself in the mirror is so funny!

We have a cat and a dog… they both have been up to such antics lately, but my favorite is my “I am T-Pain” app on my iPhone. Let’s just say that the dog howling on auto-tune makes for a racuously good time! Haha

Diana October 25, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Sketchie is the CUTEST cat EVER! I’m not a big cat person, but I’ve been toying with the idea of getting one. If we did, it would have to be one as cute as your little guy! :)

Denise October 25, 2009 at 2:08 pm

That Christmas Tree video is totally destined for National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! While I was watching the YouTube sensation video, my kitty was going nuts at the meowing!

jessica November 18, 2009 at 6:53 pm

haha so I was showing my mom pics of Sketchie and remembered there was this post full of pics and videos so I showed her…. she might have just become Sketchie’s #1 fan. She thinks he is the coolest looking cat and wants one for herself. :)