Eric & Ange Do Fresh Restaurant

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on August 30, 2009

Fresh restaurant was everything I hoped it would be and more!! We ended up going to the Crawford location for ‘lupper’ around 4:30pm. :)

IMG_5722

The inside was just as I pictured it would be: Casual, green, and minimalist.

IMG_5704

Unfortunately, it was freezing and really windy so we didn’t sit out on the patio. Next time!! These brave souls almost blew away!

IMG_5706

We sat down to the menu and suddenly every suggestion that I read on the blog yesterday left my mind. I drew a blank! I guess it was the excitement of it all. ;)

IMG_5701

I studied the menu (front and back!) and Eric spoke but I didn’t hear any words. I was so serious about my menu pick! He was a good sport though.

IMG_5705

I was going to create my own juice, but I figured, hey I do that every day, why not leave it to the pros today.

IMG_5703

So I decided on something I have never had before- a hot immune elixir!

Untitled

I decided on the hot ‘Flu Fighter’ since I was quite cold and had a chill. It was very hot and paired excellently with my dish. I seriously think this new hot drink idea is going to be my go-to GM in the winter time! I will have to try this as a smoothie and not a juice since I don’t have a juicer.

It looks like Eric is drinking it! But he’s sipping his mango juice. ;)

IMG_5707

Oh. Dear. Me. was this ever tasty!!! Celery, kale, carrot, ginger, lemon, cayenne, Echinacea. WOW. I am seriously going to start making these asap! I got mine without garlic though since my tummy has a hard time digesting it.

Eric got fresh mango juice:

IMG_5709

It was delicious too!

Then came the mains. I recalled everyone saying Fresh’s bowls are really good, so I decided to get one of those. I am so glad that I got the ‘baby’ size because it was tons of food and the perfect size.

I opted for the ‘Energy’ bowl :D

Untitled

IMG_5710

Ingredients: Marinated tofu cubes, coconut curry sauce (divine!!!!), chick pea & veggie stew, cukes, tomato, red onion, sunflower sprouts, and tahini sauce.

It was sooooooo mouth-watering delicious!! The coconut curry sauce was maybe the best sauce I’ve ever had. It wasn’t overpowering in any way (something that curry can often be for me).

Here I was pretty much in seventh heaven bliss.

IMG_5712

A peek inside my dish:

IMG_5713

There was a thick layer of curry coconut rice on the bottom. The tofu was also outstanding.

Eric went for the Grilled Vegetable and Pesto Burrito:

Untitled

IMG_5711

Have you ever seen a wrap look as delicious as this? This wrap did not disappoint. Eric and I talked about how many new foods he eats since I came along. lol. It’s crazy to think about it because when we started dating in high school he wouldn’t even eat any veggies- no joke! Now he is happily eating at vegetarian restaurants.

He absolutely loved his wrap. The pesto was out of this world delicious.

And then I spotted the dessert menu…

IMG_5715

We decided to split the carrot cake and also try a double chocolate cookie.

IMG_5716

The cake was phenomenal. It was VERY dense though and I suspect very high in oil. It was definitely a splurge!

IMG_5717

We didn’t really care for the cookie though. It was a bit dry. Eric still ate it though! hehe.

IMG_5718

We left most of the icing on the plate because there was just way too much. I think we had about 1/4 of the icing. It was pretty good, but I really preferred the cake itself.

IMG_5720

All and all, our experience at Fresh was definitely A+. It felt so good to leave a restaurant and feel GOOD about everything we ate. Everything tasted amazing, the service was fast and pleasant, and it was a great place to people watch.

On the way home, Eric got me this anniversary gift…

IMG_5749

What a fabulous day. :)

Happy girl.

IMG_5689

~~~~~~

Not sure what we are up to tonight, but I should get going! NIGHT! :)

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Alex August 31, 2009 at 10:52 am

Glad you had such a great experience at Fresh! It’s definitely where I like to go for homestyle eats when I don’t feel like cooking. I’ve never tried their carrot cake but I think I should now! Carrot cake is my ALL-TIME FAVOURITE DESSERT! My use of capitals should express how much I love it. It is a splurge though, so I usually reserve it for my bday or other very special occasions.

And I’d definitely be down for a blog meet-up! I’ll send you an email soon :)

brandi August 31, 2009 at 11:11 am

happy anniversary!

that place looks so good! all the dishes sounded wonderful.

Megzz @ Megzz Wins At Life August 31, 2009 at 11:15 am

Ang, You look so beautiful in those pictures!! The food looked delish!! What a wonderful one year!!

Runeatrepeat August 31, 2009 at 11:17 am

You are totally glowing :) Gorgeous!

That restaurant looks amazing!

Anne Marie @ her new weigh August 31, 2009 at 11:28 am

Fresh looks like so much fun! Happy anniversary-you look beautiful!

Sally August 31, 2009 at 11:32 am

Ditto to the bounced email re. meet-up. I’m a Toronto-based long-time reader and would love to partake in a Buddah Bowl with some like-minded blog readers. Because Buddah Bowls are delicious and blog readers are (clearly) awesome. Email me whenever you are making plans for a meet-up!

And Happy Anniversary!

Sheri August 31, 2009 at 11:58 am

Wow that food looks awesome! Yes, you do have a glow…but you are always glowing! ;)

Alice August 31, 2009 at 11:58 am

happy anniversary to a beautiful couple! :)

Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness August 31, 2009 at 12:09 pm

I love the Anniversary ‘do! Pretty hair :-)

The juice looks really good – and to be served hot – what a great way to chase a chill away. Wish we had something like ‘Fresh’ in Milwaukee.

~Jessica~ August 31, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Wow! That’s the first menu I have EVER seen where I could actually get something to eat (vegan/coeliac/allergic to soy, garlic and onion)…I would definitely have ordered the ‘simple’ bowl with brown rice, and those juices! Well, let’s just say I’m greener than your GMs right now.

Have a lovely Monday!

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) August 31, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Aw! Happy Anniversary! You look gorgeous in that photo! I hope you two have a fabulous time celebrating.

Claire August 31, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Happy Annivrsary !!It looks like you made a good decision on your own.Mmmm…cake:-)

Katharina August 31, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Okay first and foremost – YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I love trying new places and being happy about it :D Happy anniversary, love! Take care

XO

AGS August 31, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Happy First Anniversary!! Enjoy the memories — and the anticipation for the future.

BTW: I really like the calendar feature for finding old posts. Don’t know how long it has been there, but it’s great.

Pam at Highway to Health August 31, 2009 at 3:43 pm

The meal looks great! Happy anniversary! Enjoy every minute!

Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) August 31, 2009 at 4:14 pm

that looks amazing. i think i just drooled over my keyboard at your bowl.

happy anniversary!

Jenny August 31, 2009 at 4:51 pm

now there’s a restaurant that certainly lives up to it’s name!

happy anniversary, Angela :)

Lainie August 31, 2009 at 5:04 pm

You look so beautiful!!! Happy anniversary to you, Angela! Looks like a wonderful day. Oh – and your food – that curry sauce looks DIVINE!

kristi (sweet cheeks) August 31, 2009 at 5:09 pm

WOW!! I would love to go to that place…how awesome!!

I loved everything you got…especially the carrot cake. I have been seeing carrot cake all over in bloggie land lately and have seriously been craving it big time. I need to get to work in the the kitchen!

[email protected] August 31, 2009 at 6:30 pm

you look so pretty Angela! Fresh looks great; I wish I lived closer for a meetup! I could have used a warm GM this morning, it was freezing!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope August 31, 2009 at 6:49 pm

OMG that place sounds fabulous! I love the decor and the food all sounds and looks so good. Happy Anniversary! :)

xxoo
Heather

faith in food August 31, 2009 at 7:10 pm

that place looks awesome, i wish we had something like that in NC. i’ve really been missing seattle lately where there is stuff like that. i think i would have chosen that same bowl u did!! it was that or the one with thai sauce and peanuts :P fun night! happy anniversary!

Liz August 31, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Fresh looks like an amazing restaurant! I love places like that that make you feel good about what you eat, instead of weighed down and gross. It looks like you picked the right dish for sure!
Have a wonderful anniversary day and night!

Lauren August 31, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Happy Anniversary! Both you and your food look stunning- you are definitely glowing! :)

theskinnyplate September 1, 2009 at 1:05 am

Happy Anniversary! Love what you did with your hair. And your skin is indeed glowing. OSG is the perfect name for you and your blog. Fresh looks like a wonderful place to eat.

foodie September 18, 2018 at 12:18 am

happy anniversary! late wish :( Beautiful you in an amazing restaurant!