Lunch today featured a much better grain than millet! ;)
I love quinoa and don’t make it often enough!
6 grams of protein per 1/4 cup serving (uncooked). As well as many vitamins and minerals, with it being especially high in manganese, magnesium, iron, tryptophan (oh on don’t fall asleep Ange!), copper, phosphorus.
I mixed it with leftover curry sauce I made last night!
Along with a Money’s Veggie burger, high protein pita, tons of hummus, and red pepper:
This was such a filling and flavourful lunch! :) I intended to have a big fruit bowl for dessert but my tummy is a bit full right now, so I will have it as a snack in between orders later today.
As many of you know, I am running my first 10-mile race this Sunday at the Acura 10-miler and 5k in Toronto!
In an effort to raise even more money for the Canadian Cancer Society, I have decided to hold a fun $5 auction for a bunch of amazing health books! While I am sad to part with these books, I know they will go to a great home and will help raise some more money for a great cause. :)
Here is the wonderful prize package:
Included in this wonderful health book package:
1) Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s live and how it can change yours!
2) Five Good Minutes In Your Body by Dr. Jeff Brantley
You have seen the fun relaxation exercises I have featured on the website, now you can own this awesome book and try them out yourself.
3) Everyday Raw by: Matthew Kenney
Filled with some drool-worthy raw recipes like raw warm fudge brownie and tofu scrambler!
4) The Whole Foods Guide To Strong Bones by Dr. Annemarie Colbin
An essential book for any woman! This book is just brimming with wonderful information on vitamins, supplements, and bone building recipes.
Click to enlarge:
How to enter in the auction:
- Each $5 CAD you donate, equals 1 entry into the draw for all of these books!
- E.g., You donate $10 bucks, that equals 2 entries into the draw
- Minimum donation is $5 CAD for 1 entry
- Contest is open to US and Canadian residents only please.
- Click here to place your donation
- Forward me your receipt for confirmation ([email protected])
- Auction is open until Saturday at 6pm EST. Auction winner will be announced Saturday night.
Thank you in advance for your support. Don’t forget all weekend I will be showing you how I am prepping for my 10-mile race from all the wonderful food I am eating to fuel my run, to what I am wearing, and more!
Today’s question: What’s your favourite grain?
Mine is probably spelt. I only discovered it this year but it is so versatile, nutritious, easy to digest, and amazing in my baked goods! What about you?