I Like It Green

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on June 24, 2009

Before my run today in 32C/90F hot sun!!

IMG_7784

Eric was like…’Are you sure you want to run in this heat?’ :) I wasn’t sure myself but I left with the plan of ‘feeling it out’ and seeing how my body was. I also took along some water. I REALLY want to get one of those camelback backpack things that Jenna has.

IMG_7782

I just have a clip on water bottle and I hate it because it jiggles around too much. I just hold it in my hand. Of course, the water got HOT and then I freaked myself out about BPA and wasn’t too thirsty for it. :( Does anyone know of any BPA-free bottles made specifically for running?

I don’t know about you guys, but I have always felt very self conscious about how I look after a workout! My face gets really red and sweaty. I remember leaving the gym and always holding my head down when I walked out because I felt so ugly!

But today I decided that ends NOW!

IMG_4092

My workout was HOT!!!!!!!

The stats:

• Duration: 31 mins
  • max heart rate: 170 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 158 bpm
  • Avg pace: 9:22 min/mile
  • Distance: 3.33 miles

I wanted to go longer but I was so hot so I listened to my body and cut it shorter! It is best not to overdo it in this heat!!! I might try some evening runs this week because last night it really cooled down nicely after sunset around 9ish. :)

Another day, another green monster photoshoot!

IMG_7768

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1 scoop Hemp-Maca-E3Live Protein powder
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Wheat Grass powder
  • 1.25 cups Almond Breeze
  • 4 cups steamed spinach
  • 1/2 ripe banana
  • ICE!!! (4 cubes)
  • Kyolic Garlic Extract

IMG_7772

So peeerrty…

IMG_7771

+++++++++++

Sketchie pic of the day:

IMG_7792

Stretch!!!!

+++++++++

Last night I made a Vegan Blueberry Banana bread with a streusel topping (or sliced bananas- great idea Leah!):

IMG_7819

O-M-G is it ever good!!!!!!!!!

IMG_7820

It is now up on the Glo Bakery webpage if you’d like to order this delicious bread. :)

IMG_7797

+++++++++

Ok, back to baking in the sweltering kitchen, I have 3 orders to do today and the kitchen isn’t getting any cooler!!!

I figure if I can make it through this week of NO A/C during the heat wave we are having, I will be laughing! ;)

Also, check out all the new tee-shirts that I added to my shop today!!! :) If you have any ideas for what you want them to say- let me know and I will make you a personalized OSG shirt!

My newest favourite that I came up with is: ‘I Like It Green’…I’m SO ordering it! :D

Untitled

Have a great HUMP DAY!!!

Page 2 of 2«12
andrea June 24, 2009 at 5:37 pm

You should make a shirt that says
‘Green Monster Goddess’ – with a little green martini glass (like a sour apple martini picture)I think it would look cute!!! Especially because you always put them in such magnificent glasses!

just a thought I wanted to share!
You are awesome! Thank you for keeping us updated with all your outstanding information! I look forward to reading your blog daily!

-andrea

Courtney June 24, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Bust out the shorts, girl! HOT SUMMA DAYS ARE UPON US! :] Love your sweaty picture, I was so self conscious at the gym, with everything going on in my life presently, I had to leave. I walked in, and walked right back out! I think you’re so lucky that you don’t have to deal with the “image” that comes with working out at the gym, it’s tough. And I WORK there.

Courtney June 24, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Oh, and P.S. does Eric take pictures of you? Do you ask him to, or does he just like following you around with a camera? :D I would!

K June 24, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Sketchie is too cute!! :D
I sweat a ton and have always been pretty self conscious about it. I swear I sweat more than the boys in ballet class. You have inspired to me try to love my sweaty self a little bit more! ;)

Faith June 24, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Your green monsters always look so good! Believe it or not I haven’t tried one, but you’ve inspired me, I think I will tomorrow morning!

Shelby June 24, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Aww, that is such a cute picture of Sketchie!

Jackie June 24, 2009 at 7:57 pm

I think everyone looks better after working out. For me I love that my blood is pumping to the surface of my face making me look so alive with pink cheeks and my sweat gives me that dewy look I love! Keep running!

Meg June 24, 2009 at 8:13 pm

I was JUST having this conversation with my husband today, after my trainer at the gym said, “wow, you’re getting a nice sweat out of this today.” And the tone he said it in was anything BUT complimentary. It pissed me off SO much. I wanted to scream at him that HELLO, I was WORKING OUT! Needless to say, it was the first and LAST time I trained with him! ;)

Susan June 24, 2009 at 8:32 pm

First, I can’t believe you went running in that heat! It was cooler than that in NB and I still wussed out of my bike ride :P AND you’re baking in it! You are one tough cookie :)

Amy June 24, 2009 at 8:42 pm

I was inspired by your sweaty Operation beautiful post today, and just posted my own sweaty note!

Crystal (Bye Bye Fat Pants) June 24, 2009 at 8:54 pm

For a BPA free bottle you should check out Mountain Equipment Co-Op, they have a wide variety and they’re great!! They also have water belts and hydration packs for your back … they ROCK :)

Beverly June 25, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I have a Camelback bottle and I love it. It has a straw, so I feel like I drink more, and I don’t have to worry about tipping it back too far and spilling it all over my face. :-)

In regards to the super sweatiness, totally sexy!! I used to always feel gross after a workout because I get the red face, wet sweat spots on my shirt on my chest/back, and my skin is “glistening”… my husband is totally turned on by it hahaha, so now I feel super sexy after a workout because that’s how he sees me. That combined with the strong/fit feeling you have post workout, you can’t lose!!

Claire June 26, 2009 at 4:24 pm

I feel a little late to the party, but for the first time, I added several handfuls of fresh spinach to my smoothie this morning and it was delish! I should not have been surprised base on the number of people on this site who have exclaimed about it, but I kind of was! I have been energized all day and I can’t get over how tasty it was! Thanks for plugging those GMs so often!