I decided to do my measurements again today for the BBBC! With only 10 days left I figured another recap was in store. At Day 53, I have experienced some good changes with an overall loss of about 5.5 inches.
|Starting date||Measurement 1||Measurement 2|
|Body Part||March 26, 2009||April 30, 2009||May 19, 2009|
|Smallest part of waist waist||25”||25 1/4”||24.5”|
|Largest part of waist||32.5”||31”||30.5”|
|Hips (at widest part around butt)||35 1/4”||34 1/4”||34 1/4”|
|Largest part of thigh||21”||21 1/4”||20 1/2”|
|Bust||No Change||No Change||No Change|
I was quite happy with the results so far. I attribute the 2.5 inch decrease in my stomach area to all the planks and core work I have been doing. I really find that the planks are the most effective ab workout for myself. Katie asked me what I attribute the 1.5 inch decrease in my thich + butt area and I would have to say it is all the hill walking I have been doing!
Day 53 (May 19): Today we are going to do another version of the side planks because they work oh-so-good! Get in your normal side plank position and then take your arm (the one that is not supporting you) and twist it underneath your waist (as shown below). Do this move very slowly and controlled. Now raise the arm back up into starting position. Do as many as you can (I like to do about 10-15) and then switch and repeat on the opposite side.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the OSG Reader Review Survey! I apologize if the survey was closed when you went to check it out. I had an overwhelming number of responses, so the survey kept reaching the maximum number and I had to open a new survey. This is the annoying part of Survey Monkey, unless you upgrade to a premium account and pay $25 a month. I did that all throughout grad school and I don’t want to do it again. :)
Here are a few snippets of the results:
- The majority of you come to Oh She Glows 2 or 3 times a day
- Overall, the main reason you visit Oh She Glows is for the meal pictures and recipes
- The second reason you visit Oh She Glows is for my writings on topics such as the journey to health series.
- Other popular reasons are baking how-to’s with recipes and my workouts and fitness
- Only 20% of you visit the run page on a regular basis to check on my daily workouts.
- 75% of you want to see a summer edition of the BBBC
- The majority of you would like to see guidelines for a meal plan or foods to eat and not to eat
- Most of you think OSG is inspirational, upbeat, and positive and is why you keep coming back
- Some popular suggestions to improve OSG are: making the sidebars less busy and distracting, don’t bold and underline text as much (how’s this post?), and most of you didn’t have anything to improve and you enjoy it just the way it is.
Many of you also asked if I could post the recipes for Glo Bakery. At this time, I won’t be posting all of my recipes for the world to see, but I do hope to do so in the future once I have built up the business base. However, I will be throwing some out there every now and then, such as the raw chocolate chip cookies or granola bars that I recently posted about.
Speaking of raw chocolate chip cookies, Jennifer has whipped up a batch and loved them!
Also, apparently people have been fridge-watching for a very long time! You can even sort by country.
Back to tax research for the rest of the morning and then baking this afternoon.
Have a healthy, glowing, and happy day!!!
The strongest among the weak is the one who doesn’t forget his weaknesses.
– Danish Proverb