Good eveeeeening! :)
I thought I would start off tonight’s post with my 20th FAQ Installment– twenty baby! Pretty crazy.
FAQ Installment 20
162. Kristen asks, “Hi, I am sorry, but I am new to the blog, so I was wondering if you are all ready married? I have been looking at your beautiful wedding pictures, but then I saw that you are trying to slim down for your dress. Sorry about being so confused, I am just curious. Thanks!”
I am sorry for not clarifying this! I totally left my new readers out in the cold on this one. I can only imagine what you were thinking. Lol. No, I didn’t leave Eric for a rich sugar daddy! Eric and I were contacted to model in an upcoming wedding photography workshop. In preparation, I am trying to drop a couple pounds so I can zip my dress and feel my best.
163. Sarah asks, “I know you use almond butter instead of peanut butter, but I know that you’re trying to also save some money. When I looked at the prices the last time I went to the store, almond butter was nearly twice as much as peanut butter. I know you’re making your own now, so it would be cheaper, but I’m wondering why you made the switch to almond butter?”
I chose almond butter over peanut butter because almonds are nutritionally superior to peanuts. Let’s take a look at their nutritional profiles below:
This is a chart comparing Barney Butter (made from Almonds) Vs. Peanut Butter: (Click to enlarge)
As you can see Almond butter is higher in fiber, calcium, iron, Vit E, Magnesium, and is also lower in saturated fat.
Further, I always buy raw almonds over roasted. Here’s why:
“Roasting nuts at a temperature higher than 170F will cause a breakdown of their fats and the production of free radicals. When nuts roasted at the high temperatures used commercially are consumed, the free radicals they contain can cause lipid peroxidation-the oxidizing of fats in your bloodstream that can trigger tiny injuries in artery walls-a first step in the build up of plaque and cardiovascular disease.” ~World’s Healthiest Foods
164. Marianne asks, “Just curious – is the sodium content for the Green Monster mostly from the almond milk? I was just surprised at the number.”
You got it! The majority of the sodium comes from the store bought Almond Milk (150 mg per cup). Sodium is lurking everywhere! For example, Kellogg’s raisin bran has almost 350 mg of sodium per cup!!
165. Hallie asks, “Those burgers look great! I was curious, does your hubby eat the same things you do for dinners etc., or do you usually have his-and-hers meals? (Don’t mind me if you’ve mentioned this before, I’m a semi-new reader.)”
That is a great question! Typically Eric eats whatever I cook. lol. He doesn’t cook so he typically eats whatever I put on the table, which is great because I have got him eating tons of new foods. He absolutely loves veggie burgers now, for example! He eats St Ives veggie ground round in spaghetti as well. There are foods he doesn’t like (he hates soup for some reason) so stuff like that I will just eat myself. He has come a long way from his university diet of chicken fingers, grilled cheese, and Delissio Pizza! He used to hate vegetables with a passion. This firmly supports my theory that the more you present a food to someone, the more they will eventually start to like the food. Familiarity is key. Other times, I just serve him food and don’t bother mentioning what is in it. I’ll serve him veggie beef spaghetti sauce and he thinks it is ground turkey sometimes! Lol.
166. Michelle asks, “Were you sore at all after using the elliptical?”
Not one bit! *smiles* I am happy to report I did not feel one twinge of pain. It is a great feeling.
167. Kristine asks, “I have a question: are you trying to lose a specific amount of weight? Do you KNOW that you gained weight since your injury and how much weight you gained or can you just feel it and you are trying to get back to your “perfect wedding dress weight?” Sorry, that sounds confusing, haha, but I think you know what I mean! :) Hopefully! I just don’t know if you are going by specific numbers or on how you feel! Thank you!”
I decided to kick the scale a while back and I knew if I weighed myself now, it could start up the bad habit again. That is the last thing I wanted. The way I see it is, I knew I gained a bit of weight because my dress was tight when it hadn’t been last August. I know that the weight will be gone when it fits again. I asked myself, then why do I need to know a specific number? I don’t. That is the beauty of it. I prefer to go by how my clothes fit me now, rather than by the often infuriating daily scale weigh ins.
168. Alice asks, “I’ve been doing the Kath thing with kale and toasting it in the oven – even unseasoned it is like chips. I don’t have the guts to smoothie it – though if I did it would probably have to be buried in mango or raspberry or some other delicious fruit… Would raw cacao compliment the bitterness or be an abomination?”
To be honest with you, I really don’t know. I tend to think that raw cacao is pretty bitter, so I would tend to think not. But perhaps a small amount would work. Personally, I find that bananas are the best thing to hide the bitterness of the kale. Smoothie combinations are hit and miss; you just need to take a leap sometimes to find what you like best. They are not a one size fits all. But it is so pleasing when you literally throw in random stuff and it comes out tasting great!
169. Carrie asks, “I would appreciate some tips on how to give up my sugar addiction.”
See my Crap Free Week posts, where I talk a little bit each day on beating my sugar addiction. :)
170. Wiggs asks, “Could you explain to us a little bit about how the exercise machines calculate the calories burned, and how reliable this measure is?”
I actually use a Polar Heart Rate Monitor, the RS200 model. I love it and have had absolutely no problems with it. The strap goes around my chest and then I wear the watch. I also bought the Foot Pod that measures running distances, but I only wear it when outdoors. I have noticed that the exercise machines tend to overestimate my calorie burn by 50-150 calories. It varies a lot.
Thanks for all the great thought-provoking questions! Keep em coming! :)
My workout today was the elliptical once again! For some reason, today’s workout went at a snail’s pace. Well, I know why it did. It was because all there was on the TV was sports news, and two bad soaps. I didn’t get to see Thr Dr’s and I didn’t have any workout music! Makes for a slow workout…but I’d still take it any day over an injury.
- Duration: 37 mins
- Incline 12, resistance 10
- Feel the burn: 349 kcals
- Max heart rate: 178 bpm
- Avg heart rate: 161 bpm
Spelt cereal + low fat soy milk + raisins. After this bowl I had a few more handfuls ;) Hey, I had to finish the ‘crumbs’! lol.
Wedding Dress Plan: To help control portions, I used the smaller cereal bowl as opposed to the bigger one I normally use. Remember- smaller plates trick the eye to thinking you are eating more food!
I also had a carrot with a couple tbsp. of avocado spread on it. Sorry about all the carrots lately, our fridge is desperately empty right now!! I am using up every last veggie and fruit.
I loooved this combo!
- 1 Amy’s Veggie Burger
- 2 handfuls baby organic spinach, sauteed in Kraft light balsamic vinagrette
- 2 tomato slices, sauteed in the above
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies, boiled
- 2 raw carrots, drizzled with balsamic vinagrette
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 avocado
Wedding dress plan: My ‘bun’ tonight was the delicious bed of spinach! I swear I enjoyed this bed of spinach more than actual bread. I saved about 150 calories by using the spinach in replacement of the bun.
Eric didn’t eat all his veggies because I forgot he hates vinegar and I drizzled the vinagrette on his veggies by mistake. I happily cleared his veggies off his plate and had another 1/2 cup or so. Eric goes nuts over these veggie burgers though. They really are amazing and worth every penny ($7 for 4 patties!). And yes, I have contemplated making them myself…some day!
A juicy Orange! YUM!
Angela’s Friday Challenge:
Did anyone try the mirror challenge today? I sure did. And I thought I would post some geeky pictures to document it:
Yup, I felt silly. But I admit it did put a little bounce in my step.
Negative thoughts POOF-BEE-GONE!
Oh She Glows Announcements:
1) For the Canucks- “10 reasons I love Canadians: From ‘eh’ to ‘zed’” from I Am The Beholder. This post cracked me up!
2) You only have 2 more days to enter for your chance to win a copy of 30-Day Shred. What? You are getting sick of reading this? Well, I am damn near sick of posting about it! lol.
3) The launch of the new and wonderful Oh She Glows website is set for either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday– stay tuned for updates! I am going to work on it now to polish it off. I can’t believe we Eric put this together in a week!
Have a super fun Friday night everyone!
That 10 reasons to love Canadians list was pretty funny…even if they did incorrectly label Peter MacKay as our PM (bad enough it’s Harper, lmao). //Cute mirror pics! Have a great weekend!
Your mirror picks are too cute. You have such a happy face! :)
I love using spinach in place of buns for veggie burgers. If I’m really wanting carb with it then usually I’ll just eat it with half an english muffin on the bottom or sandwich it between one slice of bread cut in half. It’s JUST as satisfying as a whole bun but half the cals obviously.
Canada really does have a lot of supreme awesomeness. Number 10’s oozy goodness is making me hungry. I haven’t had poutine in ages! Although that’s probably not a bad thing haha
You’re so cute :) I love your goofy pictures!
I’m going to try my hand at making almond butter. . . I never knew there was a difference in saturated fat and calcium. Wow.
Thanks for linking to my Ode to Canada!
And haha, I got major S-H-*-T for calling Peter MacKay your PM! But in my defense, my CANADIAN fiance read the post and didn’t say a word. So I can’t be held accountable! I *do* randomly know that Kim Campbell was your first female PM (even though she inherited the office)…so do I get some brownie points? :)
I’m glad you liked the post!
I was just wonering how long you can keep your homemade almond butter? I would love to make some but live on my own.
Great blog by the way!
You are making me feel increasingly tempted to make a long-ass hike over to the natural grocery store, as my closest two don’t carry Amy’s veggie burgers. They look so good!
Haha, I TOTALLY do the smaller bowl thing. And plate thing! And when I have a dessert, I use seafood forks and baby spoons!
I can’t wait to see your new site!!!
I loved that 10 reasons I love Canadians list! #3 is so true – and we’re definitely so polite. My bf is that stereotypical Canadian that will apologize to you if YOU bump into HIM. Haha!
Nice mirror pics! Looks like you had fun with it!
My running skirt is from Target- I got it last year, and I love it!
I love the combination of the carrot and avocado spread. I would have never thought of that! It sounds delicious!
For my crap free week,I totally avoided carbs but that actually help me evaluate healthy choices and that was great cuz I lost 4 lbs. Not that i hate carbs but hey, its all about healthy choices right?
Waiting for the new website!
Thanks to the post I’ll be finishing up my last bit of my peanut butter and attempt to make my own almond butter tomorrow after seeing the stats! :)
I came across your blog a few weeks ago and I love it! I just wanted to leave some bloggy love and say thank you thank you thank you for introducing me to these green monster smoothies. I finally gathered the guts to try it this past week and I love them! They have become my new morning staple! Can’t wait to see your new website.
Cool faqs! That’s awesome that you get to do some modeling!
everyday use alice walker critical essay
dulceros de blanca nieves
cornrows with a puff 2009
gory dead people auto accidents
ammo caliber size comparison
beckett af transformer troubleshooting
lennox furnace flame sensor
free scary computer pranks
free lined paper from santa
snowflake bentley lesson plans
lolita nymphet portal
gaia gold bot
qvc lisa robertson images
young models ls
styles fo micro braids
annik nayler taplin nude
mugen dc char
ls magazine torrents
childrens bob haircuts
https www att software yahoo com
fresh prince of bellaire funny quotes
myspace com 904spades
marty kent murder
phimphat xuc gia
rank phone calls ricky smiley
program a coolsat box
waterfall flower tattoo
talladega nights soundtracks
kelly wwe naked pictures
bobby kent photos
jenny mccarthey hairstyles
jeff dunham peanut stuffed animals
majika sabina picture
incredibles eatable fruit basket
juegos online de mario gros
www lucky casegame
fotoracconti incesto blogcu
walkthrough for naruto uzumaki chronicles
nicole catsouras graphic photos
longhorn dish login
resepi masakan berasaskan belacan
pistol bullet comparison chart
pintable rulers with 1 4 inch
lpn entrance prep exam
dayton timberline mt 33 12 5 15
descuidos de shakira
deos porno caseros gratis
kenmore elite he4t manual
bodas de mujeres maduras lesbianas
taurus 431 revolver
the greensheet northwest houston texas
carson prairie scott prom dresses
red lobster my dish login
betterbuisness bureau washington dc
marshall football 1971 record
symptoms of impacted colon rupturing
sex stories in urdu fonts