We had a busy day today…
- Dropped Sketchie at the vet/picked him up ($155!!!!!!! For a urine analysis!)
- Bought cat food
- Organized/paid bills [phone, internet, water heater rental etc], changed phone plan
- Office stuff: Paid property taxes, faxed in warranty for car, discontinued tenant insurance
- Took car in to have transmission checked
- Transferred insurance companies on my engagement ring
- Wal-Mart (see photos below)
- Glo Bakery business stuff [research, phone calls, applications, etc]
- COOKING, clean up etc
- Post office
I still have to organize all of my files! When we moved in this house my mini filing cabinet BROKE and I haven’t gotten a new one until today…I got this one below at Wal Mart for 10 bucks:
I need to move the two on the right, into the new one on the left…plus add in tons of bills and files that I haven’t been filing since we moved in end of November!
Our Wal-Mart Shopping trip:
Eric stuff on the left:
- garbage bags (he is our sanitary engineer, lol)
- 1% cow’s milk
- Raisin Bran
- Dad’s Oatmeal Cookies
My stuff on the right:
- Icing color paste (!!!)
- Piping bags (50)
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 bunches of bananas on sale for 30 cents/lb.
- Organic carrots
- organic garlic puree (the whole jar only $1.29- it was cheaper than buying whole garlic cloves)
- Nature’s Path Spelt Cereal
- Bulk honey
- Europe’s Best Frozen Pineapple (sooo sweet!) for smoothies
i can’t wait to decorate and mix all kinds of wonderful icing colours!
Sweet Potato Spelt Perogies
I was in wal-mart tonight and passed the perogies in the frozen section, and this idea for dinner just came into my mind! It turned out pretty darn fantastic if you ask us!
- Spelt dough
- Sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
Directions: Boil sweet potatoes until tender, drain, and mash. Sprinkle with lots of paprika. Set aside. Cook other veggies if desired. In retrospect, I would have added some mixed veggies to the sweet potatoes and mixed together. Roll out spelt dough as if you were making a tortilla, Cut into the size you want to make perogie. Spoon 1-2 tbsp. of sweet potato puree on each piece of dough. Fold together as shown and pinch at sides to secure. Cook in a skillet for 4-5 mins. each side on medium heat until firm to touch.
We dined with another couple in the window! tee hee
Beautiful house warming gift from my brother and sis in law:
Dessert was a small bowl of spelt cereal + Almond breeze and 3/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce with a handful of raisins.
Tonight I was really craving sugar– specifically my pumpkin bread!!!! I still haven’t had any yet since I made it and I was watched Eric eat it everyday. oye. Day 6 complete….but damn I want some pumpkin bread!!!!!
See you tomorrow for the next contest announcement!
Off to file…
Which celebrity said this quote:
““I have a chocolate drawer in my desk where I keep treats at all times,” she admits. “As long as I can have one or two pieces, I’m fine. But my biggest food vice is bacon. And no, I don’t have a bacon drawer. In fact, I don’t keep bacon in my house—that would be way too tempting.”