I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I am so mixed up on my days after being off work this past week.
I decided to run 6 miles late this morning, and I will admit, it wasnt pretty. I was up til 4:30am last night, so I was ‘running’ on about 5-6 hours sleep. I also got running pains in my stomach again! I only ate 1/3 of a Larabar before the run so I was a bit puzzled.
I guess I need to make it a point to let my food digest for a half hour before running! Does anyone else have this problem?
So miles 2-6 were a bit uncomfortable and I pushed through the cramps hoping they would pass. They didn’t! lol.
Despite the running cramps and wanting to stop, I managed to get in some great mileage.
Oh and PS- I am very very sore in the shoulders and back from playing 4 hours of Wii last night! haha…this is confirmation that it IS a good workout! :D
- 0.10 mile walking warm up 4.0 mph, incline 4%
- 6 mile interval run (first 2 miles at 7.0 mph, next 2 6.5 mph, 1 mile 6.0 mph, last mile 6.5 mph) incline 4%
- Max Heart Rate: 174 bpm (89% of max)
- Avg Heart rate: 161 bpm (83% of max)
- Total duration: 59 mins 30 seconds
- Feel the burn: 541 kcals
This run put my Christmas week mileage at 21 miles! Not bad for going away for the holidays to two different locations. :D It just goes to show you that a little planning goes a long way!
Last week I planned my workout goals for the week: [What I actually did is in bold]
Mon. Dec 22: Gym- running either on running track or treadmill (4-5 miles), stretching, 15 mins. Yoga/Pilates (in the evening from Youtube) [I ran just over 4 miles]
Tues. Dec. 23: Body Pump (weight) class with my sis, maybe light cardio before or after class [I did Body Pump Class + 1/4 mile walking]
Wed. Dec. 24: Gym- running (4 miles) [I ran 7 miles!]
Christmas Day: OFF or 30 mins. Pilates workout videos online [Off day!]
Boxing Day: Running- (4 miles) [I ran 3 miles due to time constraints]
Sat. Dec. 27: OFF or Running- speed work (3 miles) [1 mile run, wasn’t feeling it so I didn’t push myself]
Sun. Dec. 28: Running- long run- (6-7 miles) [I ran 6 miles]
Anticipated running mileage goal: 20 miles
Actual Mileage: 21 miles…..sweet! :D
So as you can see game plans work well, especially when on vacation. While I didn’t stick to it to a tee, it served as a great framework as to how to structure each day’s exercise.
Haven’t ever done a workout gameplan?? Try it out and see how you like it!
The one thing I have enjoyed with half marathon training is the training schedule and planning ahead. I never used to do this with workouts, but it can actually be really fun!
Oh She Glow’s Domestics:
- My sister is gearing up for her first guest post on Jan 1st 2009! For those of you who missed it, Oh She Glows is introducing a very exciting and motivating feature to the blog in the new year. You will be following my sister, weekly, on her journey to lose the baby weight, get fit and healthy in the new year. I know many of you have these goals as well so I think it will be a really motivating story to follow! I have already read the draft of her first post and I can tell you it is going to be great.
- I am having a much more difficult time deciding on a Charity (and how to do it) for my half-marathon in May. I am concerned that the marathon organization is taking an overhead from the charity orgs. on the website. I don’t like this. I want 100% of all the money donated to be going toward the charity!! If anyone knows of how I can organize an online charity website for my marathon I would greatly appreciate the help!
Stay tuned tomorrow for a new health bar review, my orthotics update, motivating quotes and much more! I may be taking tomorrow off work because I just found out that the day I had planned to take off in January is our rescheduled team day. So we shall see….! Hopefully I will have a nice day off and finally get caught up on unpacking and laundry! Our room looks like a bomb went off!
Thought provoking question of the day: What was your biggest mistake in 2008?
I heard this on the radio tonight and it was really interesting hearing everyone’s answers. I am going to think about this a bit more and get back to you.