Good evening everyone!
My day was going along swimmingly until I left my office party around 3:30pm. I walked back to my car to find a $30 parking ticket, then it took me 2 hours to commute home! Here I was thinking that I was leaving early and *beating* the traffic. No such thing in Toronto apparently. Argh.
Then I was disappointed to find out that our new washer and dryer wasn’t hooked up because we need a new tube and bracket. Luckily my dear, sweet husband is going to get that for me tonight so I can get started on the massive pile of laundry that has been accumulating for the past 2+ weeks! I am happy to just have clean clothes to wear again! lol.
*deep breath*- afterall, it is FRIDAY night– my most favourite of all nights! :D
I think I need to get a good audio book for my commute to and from work to make it less frustrating– does anyone have any good suggestions? Maybe health related? I wonder if they have any marathon-type books in audio book format!?
Ok time for the re-cap of the OSG reader poll from the other day! I am going to highlight key findings: (Oh Gawd, I’m such a researcher!)
1. Gender: 100% Females– lol, not too surprising! No men out there?
2. Age: 86% are between 19-30
3. Occupation: The majority work full time at 58%
4. The majority of readers (43%) visit Oh She Glows a couple of times a day
5. Why do readers visit Oh She Glows? 60% say “for everything how could I choose!?” (Flattery will go a looong way!) :D
6. Readers health goals: Improve fitness (26%), prep for race (8%), Weight loss (42%), Eating better (15%), etc
7. Favourite junk food (oh man, we ARE women!): C-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e with 37%. Pizza and Ice Cream were close seconds.
8. 56% have one or more pets
9. Do you have kids? 9% say yes!
10. Married? 32%; Long Term partner? 37%, Single? 24%, and casually dating? 5%
11. The majority of readers want to see more Fitness related posts (workouts, research, etc) at 28% and my Journey to Health story at 22%
12. What time of day do you workout? 30% say first thing, 15% mid-day, 18% afternoon, and 37% night
13. When do you get up during the weekdays? 18% before 6am, 38% 6-7am, 33% 7-8am, 11% 8am or later
14. How many days a week do you workout? 1-2 days (16%), 3-4 days (39%), 5-6 days (39%), 7 days (6%)
15. Where do you workout? Home/outdoors (36%), gym facility (64%)
16. Do you have a New Year’s Resolution? 41% say yes!
- I work full-time (although I was a FT student and PT teaching assistant/researchers for many, many years. I also worked about 20-25 hours a week during a couple years in university- I like money!)
- I visit Oh She Glows– 86 times a day- what I like it! :D hehehe
- My current big health goal: Training for a half marathon race
- Fav. Junk food: Candy!! I am one of the few I guess! Sweet tooth :)
- Pets? I think that is obvious with crazy Sketchie!
- Kids? Nope, except for my husband. ;)
- I’m married (for about 3 months!) but we’ve been together over 8 years.
- What I’d like to see more of on Oh She Glows– contest giveaways! And yes, I am working on it! :D (Sorry I know it wasn’t an actual option!)
- I workout first thing in the morning (Or I would never workout later in the day!)
- I get up between 6-7am during the weekdays
- I workout 6 days a week (and pretty much have for the past 8 years or so, give or take a few slump periods)
- I workout at home now that I have a treadmill, but I used to workout at a gym for the past several years
- Yes I have a NY’s Resolution: Organizing the disaster that is my recipe collection!!!!
That was fun- thanks for participating!
if you haven’t already- the polls are still open!
Isn’t this a funny picture of Sketchie???? lol…what a ‘lady like’ pose! hahah. Ok he’s all male, but still! :D
Eric and I think he’s sitting like a bull dog here! haha
See you later for some great weekend fun!!! :D
“Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, “I’ve never seen anyone run like that before.” It’s more then just a race, it’s a style. It’s doing something better then anyone else. It’s being creative.” ~Unknown
sorry about the parking ticket, I’ve been there, NO fun! I wish I had some book on tapes suggestions, I’ll be curious to see if anyone else does. :)
Awesome poll, it’s always nice to “get to know” your readers! Enjoy your evening!
I Love Pema Chodron’s books and this one I recently finished and loved. It centered my thoughts and helped me to start working out again and not be so hard on myself. If may be a good listen to prepare you for the marathon, if not just an inspirational listen:
Sorry about the ticket! And then never ending traffic!
I don’t have any book on tape suggestions :( If you are interested in learning the basics of a new language, you could get language learning audio CD’s! That’s probably what I would do if I had to sit in traffic for a long time.
Thanks for the recap! Very fun to know who is reading what I’m reading too!
I love Sketchie! He should have his own blog!
Enjoy your favorite night!
Ick, I hate parking tickets! Interesting poll results :)
Ahh so sorry about the ticket!! :-(
Hooray for fun poll results!!
I can imagine a 2 hour commute would be frustrating. I can’t imagine that much traffic!! Hopefully you’ll find something to make it more tolerable!!
I like you also have a HUGE sweet tooth!!
That picture of Sketchie made me laugh out loud. Keep ’em coming!
HAHA Sketchie RULES!!
My favorite books on tape are the Harry Potter series! The guy who reads them has a different voice for each character, and I get totally different perspectives on the stories when I listen to them.
haha one of my cats does that… we call it his “penguin pose”