As I hinted to in my previous post, I registered for the big race today! :D
I will be running the Mississauga Half Marathon on May 10, 2009! I am officially registered! Yawhoo! :D
151 days to go!!
Now for my yummy, work pot-luck baking post!
I decided to make Brown Sugar Banana Nut Bread
Although I took out the nuts (and added chocolate chips) because someone in my workplace is allergic to nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Stir in vanilla and banana. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Blend the banana mixture into the flour mixture; stir just to combine. Fold in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
I prefer this recipe with the nuts, but it was still really good!
I rate this recipe a 4.5/5 stars.
Stay tuned tomorrow for the inspiration and significance behind the name ‘Oh She Glows’
Oh yes…there is one! :D
A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.
– Fr. Jerome Cummings