I am now sure that I made the right decision regarding buying a treadmill vs. signing up at a gym.
- I decided for my workout today I would use my Guest Pass at a gym I was considering signing up at
- The changeroom was downright gross! For a new gym I was shocked. The bathroom stall was out of toilet paper, the personal changeroom was hairy, gross, and unclean looking (gag!!!), and there were dustbunnies on the floor. Not impressive for a gym that is brand new (March) and charges an arm and a leg for a monthly fee! I know it would have been really ‘unpleasant‘ having to get ready for work there every morning. Hectic and rushed. And unclean feeling! lol.
- Each cardio machine has a personal TV screen (huge plus in my books!), however when I went to use the treadmill I was disappointed to find that the TV only had 3 channels– three!- what the heck? I suspect most of them were like this too. False advertising in my books!
So overall it wasn’t a great experience today.
I did get a free workout though so I can’t complain! hahaha. The one great thing was that I had a rockin’ workout and it felt nice to sweat after a brief 2-day hiatus from heart-pumping exercise.
I had a delicious bowl of banana, almond milk, and Spelt cereal before the gym. I also grabbed a handful of raw almonds on the way there for extra energy.
Nuts are a great pre-workout snack because they are small and don’t give me that uncomfortable full feeling when I run.
- 2 min. warm-up on treadmill, speed 4.0 mph, incline 7
- Ran 4 miles @ 6.0 mph, incline 7 (this was tough!)
- 5 min. cool down
- Total duration: 47 mins.
- Max heart rate: 174 (89% of max)
- Avg. Heart rate: 157 (81% of max)
- I also did 15 shoulder presses with 25 pound weights.
It felt lovely!!! :D
What did you do to get your heart-pumping today?
I am quite happy that I made the right decision about the gym vs. treadmill debate.
I am glad that I didn’t get sucked into a 1-year contract too. I hate that I couldn’t just sign up on a monthly basis. The YMCA isn’t near the highway so I didn’t want to have to drive across the town to go to the gym because it would have added on another 20-25 mins of driving time there and back.
The good news?
I ordered my treadmill and it arrives Wednesday!!!
Stay tuned for the ‘unveiling‘ of this magnificant running beast!! lol :D
More unpacking today….(along with Christmas tunes pumping!!)
It is amazing to us that we only moved from a 2-bedroom condo, yet we seem to have a gazillion more boxes than we thought!!! lol. It just never ends!
See you tonight for a Beauty product review as well as another unpacking re-cap!
In order to discover new lands, one must be willing to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.