The Oh She Glows Recipe App is here!!

Artichoke Collage_lessblue

Today is a big day! After years of dreaming, planning, and hard work, we’ve officially launched the Oh She Glows – Healthy Plant-Based Recipes app for iPhone and iPad devices! You guys have been asking for an OSG app for years, and I’m so excited the day is finally here. Many of you will now be able to cook from your phone or tablet with ease, or meal plan while commuting to and from school or work with convenient offline access. Think of this app as your personal OSG on the Glow!

Our app features the most popular Oh She Glows recipes from the past 8 years (oh boy, did I rediscover some gems), and includes brand-new photography, with a cohesive, sleek new look. All of the recipes have been edited and streamlined, and many have been improved as I cooked my way through Oh She Glows’ archives. You can be confident that the recipes in our app are delicious, super reliable, and will wow your family and friends! Check out our short video below for a sneak peek:

This project has been a huge labour of love involving myself, Eric, our app team, and also hundreds of you—our awesome beta testers who applied via our newsletter. Thanks to those of you who tested our app during the development phase, we were able to improve it in many ways, and add all kinds of useful features based on your feedback.

For example, we created a killer search function that sorts recipes by keywords, dietary info, dish types, and seasons, as well as handy filters like freezer-friendly, kid-friendly, quick and easy, budget-friendly, and more.

Features we’re excited about:

– Enjoy more than 60 Oh She Glows recipes (and growing!), including 50 fan-favourites plus 11 new recipes exclusive to the app (see the bottom of this post)
– Browse through beautiful full-screen, high-resolution food photography
– Strike out ingredients and directions as you cook so you don’t lose your place
– Customize your own favourites list with your most-loved recipes
– Easily view cook time, prep time, serving size, headnotes/tips, and allergy info for each recipe
– Add your own notes to the recipes to save/record your own recipe modifications
– Take recipes with you on the go with convenient offline access
– Search for recipes with ease using ingredient keywords or by recipe title
– Filter your recipes based on dietary/allergy info, season, dish type, and more
– Cook without worry that your device will go to sleep with our anti-lock feature
– Enjoy split view on your iOS 9 iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, and iPad Pro

ohsheglowsapp1

Best of all, each new recipe that I post on the blog in the future will upload to the app, so the app will continue to grow and grow over the years! Also, keep your eyes peeled for exclusive recipe bundles only found in the app. (Spoiler Alert: there are a couple bundles in there right now as our thank you for purchasing the app!)

logo

I’m thrilled to let you know that we’re donating 10% of the proceeds from the first week’s app sales to Blessings in a Backpack Canada, a children’s charity that is near and dear to our hearts. Each Friday, Blessings in a Backpack provides backpacks of food to children all across the country who otherwise may not get enough to eat on the weekends. Just $120 feeds a child on the weekends for an entire school year. How awesome is that?! I’m so excited to be working with Executive Director Karen Green on this wonderful initiative, and together we’ll be directing our donation to local children right here in the Greater Toronto Area.

I truly hope that you’ll love this app, share the recipes with loved ones, and use it in your kitchens (and on the glow!) as much as we do. Thank you all for your continued support, and for the encouragement to make this recipe app a reality when I mentioned the idea a few years ago.

You can download the app here, or simply click the button below!

App_Store_Badge_US-UK_300x89

iPhone_iPad_w_Food

FAQ

1. Which devices will the app work with? Our app has been developed for Apple iOS 8.0+ devices. We’ve optimized the app to display perfectly on both the iPhone and iPad. The iPad version works in both landscape and portrait orientations, while the iPhone version currently supports portrait mode. We’ll be working hard to constantly improve what we offer you in the future!

2. Is there a fee for the app? Yes, there is a small fee of $4.99 USD/$6.99 CAD to download the app.

3. Do you have an app for Android or Windows phones? Our app has been developed for Apple iOS devices (approximately 75% of our readership uses an Apple device). However, we’re open to exploring development for other devices in the future if our budget allows.

4. Will there be any new content in the app aside from the revamped fan-favourite recipes and photography? Yes! As a thank-you for purchasing the app, you’ll receive a free bundle of 8 new recipes exclusive to the app. You’ll also have access to an additional 3 free recipes with a simple social media share. Check out these recipes in the image below!

ohsheglowsapp

Our goal is to keep growing and improving the app over the years, and make it the best we possibly can. If you have any suggestions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Drop us a line at: app_support[at]ohsheglows.com.

Last but not least, stay tuned for a big giveaway later this week!

1 Tanya April 11, 2016

Yippee! Hooray! Félicitations!
The demo app was a wonderful teaser and I’ve already purchased the live app. Congratulations on all your hard work and the time you’ve put into this blog, your books, and the app. I look forward to more glowing recipes!

2 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thank you so much for your support, Tanya!

3 Dana April 11, 2016

75% of your readers use a Apple device. Does that mean just iPhone or iPhone and Macbook? Because I’m sure a lot of your readers, including myself, use an Apple computer but an Android smartphone. Are there any plans to make an Android app?

4 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Hi Dana, while we don’t have any current plans to develop the app for Android devices, we’re definitely open to exploring the idea in the future if budget allows us to do so! :)

5 Alyssa Russ April 13, 2016

I was bummed that it isn’t on the Android store for my phone, but thankfully I have an Ipad, Can’t wait to download it when I get home!

6 Angela Liddon April 13, 2016

I hope you enjoy it, Alyssa! :)

7 Ellie April 13, 2016

That would be great – I would LOVE to buy the app and was disappointed to see it’s not on Android! Definitely understand the logistical complications though.

8 Sally B April 18, 2016

Ditto on Android! I went to Google Play as soon as I saw the post title, but don’t own any apple devices (nor am I interested). That’s ok, I love your cookbook but the app would be nice for when I’m shopping for groceries. Crossing my fingers it will be such a hit with ios that it makes sense to translate to android!

9 Krissy M April 26, 2016

I did the exact same thing! So sad.

10 Jordan April 14, 2016

Also bummed there is no android support. Had to give up my apple devices since it was just too expensive. Let us know if you plan to roll it out for android!

11 Angela Liddon April 18, 2016

Hi Dana, I also meant to clarify that the 75% stat represents our mobile users who use an iPhone or iPad (it does not include Mac computers). I hope this helps answer your question!

12 Ali April 18, 2016

Add me to the list of users who would very much appreciate an Android app!

13 Katie April 19, 2016

Yes, me too! Waiting for Android version.

14 Marina April 20, 2016

I’m also waiting for the Android version! Where do you get your 75% stat? It seems high.

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 22, 2016

Hey Marina, It’s from Google Analytics. Thanks for your excitement :)

16 ChristineinMass April 11, 2016

I’m so excited to find this out and also to be the first comment! I just bought the app and am about to get on a place, so I will be playing with the app from Boston to Atlanta!

17 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Hi Christine, thanks for your support! I hope you enjoy the app, and have a great flight. Safe travels!

18 Stephanie April 11, 2016

Hey Angela! Just downloaded your app! Been watching you progress through this process on snapchat and have been waiting for months to get to try this out. It is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for this, I am excited to use this in my kitchen! My techie me is simply glowing with excitement! Thanks for this!

19 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks, Stephanie! I hope you love the app as much as we do.

20 Liza April 11, 2016

The app looks so great from what you have shown on this post!! Wish I had an Ipad so that I could buy the APP. JEALOUS! I’ll just have to wait for the release of your second cookbook, (cant’ wait!) or just bite the bullet and finally buy an ipod haha.

21 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Haha, thanks for the enthusiasm, Liza! I hope you love the next cookbook when it’s released–and, if you cave and get that iPod, that you love the app. ;)

22 ChristineinMass April 11, 2016

I meant get on a PLANE, not a place. Doh! Congrats on releasing the app!!

Christine

23 Heather J April 11, 2016

FYI… Re: FAQ #2:
The app is listed at $6.99 in the app store, not $4.99.
(I’m still going to buy it :)

24 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Hi Heather, whoops, you’re absolutely right! $4.99 is the US store amount only; it’s $6.99 in the Canadian Apple store. Thanks so much for the head’s up; going to clarify that now! :) I hope you enjoy the app!

25 Lauren April 11, 2016

YES! I was lucky enough to be a beta tester and this is the most beautiful app I’ve ever used. I couldn’t stop looking at it and exploring it. My husband declared me smitten :) Congrats!

26 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks Lauren, both for the congrats and all your help as a beta tester. Your help was so, so appreciated!

27 Nikki April 11, 2016

Congratulations on a wonderful app! What a great way to be reacquainted with earlier recipes and find new ones. I just purchased it and marked a few of my favorites to get started with today. Maybe one day I’ll be able to purchase your books through there, too. I do use another iOS app to hold all my recipes and do meal planning, so I’ll have to fine tune how I use both of these together. Thank you!

28 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks for your support, Nikki. :) Enjoy the app!!

29 Anna Saliola April 11, 2016

Congrats on this accomplishment. 😃
Your app is downloading now and I’m so excited to start playing with it.

30 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks, Anna! I hope you absolutely love it.

31 Nicole W April 11, 2016

Too exciting for you! I just downloaded the app and I know I will love cooking from it. Testing it was such luxury…the ability to strike out ingredients and directions as I want was so handy in a house full of children and distractions! Also, I have many food restrictions so being able to filter the recipes to reflect that made it all so simple.

The photography is mouth watering and I know from my lucky experience that the recipes are too delicious for words…it was like a little gift that the recipes you will post on the blog automatically appear in the app for easy access and cooking. I made your soup post from last week using the app and its features and YUM!

That you are donating to a local charity reflects your kind heart and pure love of children. Working with children everyday, I put a huge focus on their nutrition and I know that many more don’t have enough.

God bless,
Nicole

32 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Hi Nicole, We couldn’t be more grateful for all of the testing you’ve done for us! We truly couldn’t have done it without you. Thanks for all of your kind words! We appreciate you so much.

33 Heather April 11, 2016

So exciting!! We’ve been avid readers of your blog for ages and our copy of your cookbook is well-worn with use and I *cannot wait* to download this!! …..oh wait…..only on Apple iOS?? Well, I guess our family is in that 25%. Disappointed, but like another poster said, there is your next awesome cookbook to look forward to!

34 Elisabeth April 11, 2016

Hurray ! Can’t wait to try it ! Congrats on the launch !!!

35 Alexa [fooduzzi.com] April 11, 2016

This is SO exciting, Angela!! I was one of the lucky beta testers, and I can attest to the fact that the app is easy to use and beautiful! Can’t wait to download my copy :)

36 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Sending so much thanks for being a beta tester, Alexa! Your help was incredibly appreciated, and I hope you love the final product. :)

37 Tiffany April 11, 2016

Congratulations, Angela! I bought the app and absolutely love it! I also pre-ordered your next cookbook and I can’t wait to receive it. Congratulations to you and your family on baby number two! Wishing you and your family lots of love and happiness during this special time. xoxo

38 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks for all your support, Tiffany! I hope you love both the app and the cookbook when it arrives!

39 Jennifer April 11, 2016

I agree with needing an Android app. I had been following along on Instagram & Snapchat and was sooo excited when you announced your app, as I knew it would your usual high quality endeavor, only to learn it’s only for Apple devices (womp womp). I hope you reconsider, it looks beautiful! :)

40 Anne Gannon April 11, 2016

Your pics make me drool! Yay! So happy for you….adding the app today!

41 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks, Anne! Enjoy :)

42 Kara April 11, 2016

Awww nuts – no Android? Please strongly consider this. I don’t doubt there are many others out there that don’t have an Apple device.

43 Stephanie April 11, 2016

Yes, I have your cookbook and would be all over this app but I also use an android smartphone and tablet. Thanks!

44 Alison M April 11, 2016

Yes, I would love to have the app but use a Samsung Note.

45 dana April 11, 2016

just adding a vote from the Android camp!

46 Erica Sanes April 11, 2016

Definitely all for Android! I’ll get it for my itouch to show support, however, it would get a lot more use on my android phone. Looking forward to when that’s an option!

47 Rose April 11, 2016

I’m actually genuinely wondering why it is that apps are always first developed for Apple devices? In my country the percentage of Android-users is overwhelmingly higher. Is it just easier to develop for IoS? It seems so weird to me but happens every time.

Oh and just in case that wasn’t clear, I’m voting for an Android version as well :D :)

48 Amy April 11, 2016

I was eager to get the app, but I’m in the “lucky 25%”! Patiently awaiting the Android version :)

49 Claudia April 11, 2016

Yes, please release an Android version!!

50 Lisa April 12, 2016

Alas, I am also not one of the 75%. :(

51 Krista April 12, 2016

Grats!! How exciting! I hope you decide to release an Android version as well! I don’t have any Apple products. :(

52 Becky April 12, 2016

I discovered Oh She Glows a number of years ago and have been promoting to all my friends, including meat eaters. I was super excited when Angela finally created a cook book a few years ago. Then to hear that an app was under developed took me over the moon. I use both the cookbook and the website weekly to inspire me in my meals I cook for the week. Reading the email that came out announcing the app made my commute in bearable this morning. I was ready to search google play get my credit card out and buy the app. Needless to say this excitement was quickly extinguished when I got to the bottom of the email and found out it was for IOS only. How very very disappointing! I hope enough of us “rare” android users can come together and convince Angela to develop something for us.

53 Nicki April 12, 2016

Another vote for Android please. I won’t buy Apple products.

54 Erin April 12, 2016

Yes, I would love this for Android!

55 Angela April 12, 2016

Another vote for android please.

56 Kristen April 11, 2016

Yeah! I just purchased the app! So very excited! The photography is gorgeous! We’re having your veggie burgers for dinner tonight! I also already pre-ordered your new cookbook from Amazon! I can’t wait! Thank you sooo very much! Everything we have ever made is delicious!😊

57 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Hi Kristen, thank you so much for all the support! I hope you just love the app and the new cookbook (that release date is getting closer and closer, isn’t it?!).

58 Kristen April 11, 2016

Yes…time flies by! And my husband and I loooove the app! African peanut stew is for lunch tomorrow! And my husband…after me gushing and showing him your gorgeous app…is requesting your enchiladas and chocolate chip cookies! He knowns and loves your recipes just like I do! (Your smashed potatoes with the avocado cream are insanely good…we devour and inhale them! And I’m not kidding! Every time I make them, I make more and more and we eat more and more! Never leftovers! Lol! One of the best recipes I’ve ever made and ate!) Thank you sooo much! I loooove to cook and it’s priceless when I’m asked to make something special! Especially when it’s from YOU because I know it will be delicious and nutritious! I know I will love your new cookbook just as much as I treasure your blog and first cookbook! I look forward to more delicious recipes in the future! Thank you so much! We appreciate your hardwork! ❤️😊💕

59 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

I’m glad we’re not the only ones who are bottomless pits when it comes to the smashed potatoes! :) haha that’s too funny. I can’t thank you enough for the kind words. We’re so grateful to have your support!

60 amelie April 11, 2016

That is HUGE ! thats amazing !!!! I already bought your book and I will def buy your app ! thank you so so so so much <3 :) (ps I also am vegan (french) and have a website with recipe (in french and english for those interested:)) http://www.amelietahiti.com <3

61 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks for all the support, Amelie! I hope you love the app when you get it.

62 Danica April 11, 2016

YES!!!! Since following along on snap chat I’ve been waiting for the app! So far looking forward to making some Vegan Caeser Salad and Hot Detox Tonic!

63 Ruth April 11, 2016

Excited that the day has come! Don’t know that the app will work on my very old iPad, but I’ll be trying to find a way! Maybe will try using an emulator to make it run on my Android devices.

64 Ruth April 11, 2016

Woot, success in firing up the old iPad which had been collecting dust. My machine is kinda slow, but I can view the beautiful app wonderfully! Congratulations on the launch, THANK you for all the amazing work, and looking forward to book #2 (preordered)!

65 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Aw, thank you Ruth. I hope you love the second book when it finally drops, and I am so happy to hear you’ve found the app well worth digging out the old iPad for! ;)

66 Catherine Bagi April 11, 2016

So disappointing. You’ve made it feel like android users are losers. That we joined the wrong club. Not sure why you have made such an obviously exclusive choice.?????

67 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 15, 2016

Hi Catherine, I’m so sorry you feel that way, but that’s not what I was saying. I was simply stating the reason why we chose to develop the Apple version first (there are always tons of questions about it). From a business perspective, it makes sense to create where the majority of customers are and for us, our statistics show that 75% of our readers use Apple devices. If we had the budget to develop both versions immediately I can assure you we would have! Likewise, if we have the budget in the future to develop across other devices we definitely will. :) I hope this helps!

68 Jolene Nelson April 11, 2016

The app is downloaded, I didn’t even have to look at it to see if I wanted it, because I just KNEW I would love it! I direct my clients to your website and your book often to learn to cook with vegetables in a creative and healthy way. Thank you for caring about your fellow humans!
God Bless You and Yours.
Jolene

69 Emily April 11, 2016

I just bought the app and love it!! The photos are so gorgeous (loved watching the process on snapchat) and the app is so intuitive and easy to use. Can’t wait to use it while cooking. Congratulations on the app launch, baby #2, and your upcoming book!

70 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks so much, Emily. I’m glad you’re loving the app already! :)

71 Laura April 11, 2016

Congratulations on all your hard work, Angela. I’ve already purchased the app and am so excited to use it. The bonus recipes look awesome. Thanks again!!

72 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks, Laura — I really hope you love it! :)

73 Chantel April 11, 2016

Congrats on the new App!

74 Evelyn April 11, 2016

Oh it’s so so beautiful!!! I just purchased it and I can’t stop playing with that feature where you click on a recipe, and when you scroll down the picture on top gets smaller, only to become full-screen again when I scroll upwards! Also all the new pictures, woman what a work that must’ve been! But they really glow and practically jump from my screen, and even though I just had dinner, I want to make alllll the things now. Congratulations on this beautiful app, and I totally understand why the blog has been a little quiet lately. Hell, I’m even deeply impressed you managed to make both the app and your second cookbook! The first one a friend of mine brought it from the US for me, and I can’t wait until it gets joined by no 2 :)

75 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Well, now I’m just smiling from ear to ear! Thank you Evelyn. We couldn’t be happier to hear you say such nice things about the app. It’s always hard to know what the reaction will be when you put something creative out into the world, and hearing your excitement makes it all worthwhile. I hope you enjoy it for years to come!

76 AGS April 11, 2016

Amazing! What an incredible effort, and a terrific app!

77 hairwonderfulday April 11, 2016

HOW EXCITING!!!! Now I can check on my way home from work what to cook and get all ingredients I need :) Congrats!

78 Leslie April 11, 2016

I would love this app but I am an android user…so I’ll just have to wait to see if you ever make it for my devices!

79 Alyssa April 11, 2016

Congrats on the app! Hopefully there will be enough demand for an android app so that I can get a chance to enjoy it!

80 Katie April 11, 2016

Congratulations! I’m a long time fan and can’t wait to use this!

81 Angela Liddon April 11, 2016

Thanks, Katie! :) I hope you love the app when you try it.

82 Maryz April 11, 2016

So excited…downloading the app now!

83 Annaliese April 11, 2016

Hooray! This is so awesome-congrats!!!

84 Sweet Vegan April 11, 2016

Félicitations!! That’s great news!

85 Sara April 11, 2016

Congratulations on the app launch! It looks so amazing, I don’t have an iPhone but this makes me realllllly want one! Hopefully there will be an Android version one day :) thanks for everything you do!!

86 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thanks for the lovely comment, Sara!

87 Lauren April 11, 2016

Hi Angela,
I’ve downloaded the app and am very excited to try it out! I love your cookbook too and can’t wait for the next one. I did notice that a lot of the recipes in the app have bananas and I’m allergic. Any recommendations for substitutions? Thanks so much! 😊

88 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Hi Lauren, thank you so much for purchasing the app — I hope you love it!! Do you have any particular recipes you were wondering about for banana substitutes? Just let me know, and I’ll do my best to offer suggestions.

89 Rosanna April 11, 2016

Have been waiting since you announced it… It’s finally here and of course I bought it!.. I love all the recipes I’ve made from both the blog and the book.. I make them over and over again!. Can’t wait to use the app and report back! Looking forward to your second book! Congrats on the look of the app.. It’s AMAZING!

90 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Hi Rosanna, thanks so much for your support! I hope you love the app and second book. :)

91 Jean April 11, 2016

What about Android users like me

92 Mima April 11, 2016

Hoooray :) congrats! Was really looking forward to it.
Just downloaded it and it looks great!
Thank you for your hard work!
Mina

93 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

I hope you absolutely love it, Mima! Thanks for your support. :)

94 Emily April 11, 2016

The app is straight up dreamy! Absolutely beautiful and very user friendly. Just spent 30 minutes revisiting some of my very favorite recipes from over the years. Feeling inspired! :-)

Thanks for all your hard work on that – and the bundles! Can’t wait to get in the kitchen!

95 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thanks, Emily – you’re too sweet! I’m so happy you’re loving the app.

96 Svetlana Podvalniuk April 11, 2016

I just got the app, its beautiful!!! Congrats and thank you for all your hard work! :)

97 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thanks, Svetlana! I hope you love it as much as we do.

98 Anna Lee April 11, 2016

Congrats on the app release!! The photography looks amazing (as always) and the recipes simply mouth-watering. Hopefully I can get an iPad or iPhone soon so I can start playing with the app!

99 Regina Miller April 12, 2016

I was very excited about the app, but I’m Android user… Oh, well maybe some day..

100 Anne At Home April 12, 2016

What a gorgeous app, and so easy to use. Downloaded it this morning & by dinner your creamy avocado pasta was on the table & devoured by my children (and me). Didn’t even need to hit the shops (no fun with kids in tow) as I had the ingredients on hand. Love that. The feature that stops the iPad going to sleep is brilliant, no trying to wake the damn thing up with messy hands. For the info of your Australian readers, it’s $7.99 In Aus iTunes Store. Worth every penny, can’t wait to try some more recipes. Congratulations!

101 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thank you for your kind words, Anne! It’s wonderful to hear how much you’re loving the app already. The anti-sleep feature is definitely one of my fav things about it, too–no one wants to have to swipe messy hands all over their screen! :)

102 Srivani April 12, 2016

Super excited to formally get this app. I feel honoured to have been one of the beta testers and absolutely loved the sneak peak! The final version looks wonderful and I’m so glad to be able to select favourites. I am wondering how to add notes to the recipes though?? Congrats to Angela and Eric. App development is no small feat, especially while blogging full time, writing another cookbook, raising an active toddler and growing a new baby!

103 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thank you so much for all your help beta testing, Srivani – we truly could not have done this without you, and are so, so grateful. There should be a “Notes” section toward the bottom of each recipe, where you can type in any reminders, modifications, etc. (Just keep scrolling all the way to the end!) Give that a try, and please let me know if it’s still not showing up for you. Hope this helps, and thanks again! :)

104 Srivani April 15, 2016

Thanks Angela… I found the Notes area. Perfect!!! Thanks for adding the Favourite option and the Notes option… super helpful for me. The only downside with beta testing is the desire to see this app on an iPad (I only have an iPhone)… so guess what I asked for for my birthday next week!

105 Ron April 12, 2016

Great app. with 5 star content. My wife has already downloaded it this morning. Also, congratulations for the contribution to the Backpack program. Well done!

106 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thanks so much for your support and kind words, Ron! It’s wonderful to hear you and your wife are enjoying the app already. I’m so pleased to be working with Blessings in a Backpack, and appreciate every single one of you who have rushed out to buy the app and have helped me contribute to this great cause!

107 Em April 12, 2016

Not an apple user 😩😩😩😩
What about the people who don’t buy into the apple hype?

108 Nancy April 12, 2016

Hi Angela,
This looks so amazing! I would love to download it right away, but I am one of approximately 25% that doesn’t have Apple. I really hope you can design this for Android.
Thanks!

109 Kate April 12, 2016

Oh my goodness! PLEASE OH PLEASE do an android app! Your recipes are my absolute favorite, and have truly contributed to me being a healthier person overall. I’d love to have them in my pocket all the time! My boyfriend is a programmer, I volunteer him for the job as he’s the beneficiary of my experiments in cooking. :)

110 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Hahaha, thanks for supplying us with a programmer, Kate! (Lol, that’s hilarious – does he know about this?!) In all seriousness, we’re definitely open to the idea of developing for other devices in the future if budget allows for it, and it’s great to see so much enthusiasm for the idea. I’m so glad you’ve found my blog and recipes so inspiring!

111 Shannon April 12, 2016

Very sad that Android wasn’t including in the development process………..

112 Jana Cervinka April 12, 2016

Congrats! I just downloaded your new app…was going to wait but learned you were donating to charity during the first week of app purchase so did so right away – bravo!

You’ve come a long way baby!!!

Jana

113 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Hi Jana, thank you SO much for supporting Blessings in a Backpack. We’re so thrilled to be working with them, and your help is so, so appreciated!! :)

114 Jeannette M April 12, 2016

So disappointed there is no Android app. 😕

115 Maggie April 12, 2016

Android version???

116 Jo April 12, 2016

Really disappointed no Android version.

117 Melanie Stykalo April 12, 2016

The app is gorgeous! Can’t wait to begin cooking.

118 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thank you, Melanie! Enjoy. :)

119 Terri April 12, 2016

Another vote for Android. So sad I cannot utilize the app. I might have to “steal” my daughter’s iPad.

120 Claudia April 12, 2016

Congratulations on the app!!! the moment I saw the announcement on FB I purchased it! I haven’t even looked or played with it, LOL but as your cookbook was my first and is still my favorite of all cookbooks (and I’ve amassed quite a collection in the last 2 years), i have no doubt that I will love it!!
Congrats also to your other bun in the making!! :)

121 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Aw, thank you for the sweet comment, Claudia. Thank you for all the congrats, and for your support! I hope you absolutely love the app. :)

122 Tami April 12, 2016

I just downloaded the app and it is beautiful! Very well thought out. Well done. Can’t wait to start using it.

123 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thanks for your support, Tami! I’m glad you like the app so far, and I can’t wait for you to start using it either. It’s been such a labour of love, it’s so exciting to have the app finally out in the world!

124 Emily April 12, 2016

To be honest, I’ve been struggling a bit with your blog as of late. What I love about my favorite blogs (which used to include OSG!) is that it feels like having a friend in your life with all sorts of interesting stories, pictures, or recipes. The ones that truly stick with me have a presence in my life and it’s a fun ride to tag along as life changes.

I bought the first cookbook and will probably buy the second cookbook but I feel as though I’ve really lost my connection here. You were updating the blog through being pregnant and moving and releasing a cookbook, even updating monthy when you had your daughter, lately it’s been basically silent.

I hate to admit it, but I’m really disappointed. I knew you were working on this app and that was a big reason it was so quiet. After all the waiting, I can’t even buy the app because I’m an Android user. I know you have a lot going on in your family and I’m excited for the next step for your family, but I feel as though this community has taken, not even a backseat, but like the spare car left at home. I’m hoping that isn’t the case, but I it certainly doesn’t feel like the connection I used to feel to the plant based community here.

Good luck with all your endeavors, I’m glad to have been a part of it for awhile and truly wish you well!

125 Angela Liddon April 18, 2016

Hi Emily, I can tell from your comment that you care a lot, and I really appreciate your honesty. I have to be honest with you too; I felt a rush of guilt, sadness, and embarrassment as I read your comment. I think the hard part is that it’s impossible to see someone’s entire life and what they are going through from a blog or social media.

I can tell you one thing I’ve realized over the past few years: I’m not perfect at juggling big life changes/demands and work projects, especially when they happen all at once. Creativity is a funny thing at times; I can pour everything into a single project when I need to, but then I feel burned out in other areas. I’m not very good at switching back and forth among creative pursuits.

I can, however, promise you that every day, I’m trying my absolute best and putting 100% into everything I do. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely!!! I know this more than anyone; I’m incredibly tough on myself and strive for progress daily. I certainly don’t have all the answers, and know I’ve dropped the ball in various areas of my life as I’ve tried to balance motherhood, writing a second cookbook, creating an app, a second pregnancy, blogging, and starting up a newsletter over the past 1 1/2 years. If I can’t give 100% into a blog post, I will not post, because I want to give everything I can into each post and recipe, even though it may mean my content slows. I never publish something “just to get a post up” or to meet a quota.

I totally agree with you that the blog has had to take a backseat at various times (just like other things have in my life too), but I didn’t have another solution at the time. As I mentioned, sometimes I have to focus all my creative energy into one project. It’s just how my brain works the most efficiently. Trust me that no one feels as much conflict over this as I do. I do think that I can develop better strategies in the future, though!

As I reflected on your comment this week, I also had a bit of an epiphany. I realized that I never give myself credit for all of the things I am doing successfully. Eric mentioned that I never once stopped to appreciate or celebrate the things I accomplished as a new mother. How many of us don’t stop to reflect on all that we’ve accomplished and how far we’ve come? I bet it’s a lot of us.

I also feel like our community has spread far beyond the blog. I connect with thousands of readers a week on social media, reply to dozens of comments and questions daily, share behind the scenes on Snapchat, and more. I hope anyone who subscribes to my newsletter sees the passion I put into it, too. I write a lengthy personal letter in each issue (among other content such as a Q+A and recipe flashbacks) talking about what’s going on in my life. I’m always trying to connect with my readers in diverse ways, even though I may miss the mark at times!

Despite the conflicting feelings I’ve had over the past few years (and probably should’ve talked about more openly, but I feared it would come across as ungrateful), I’ve never once regretted pursuing new projects, taking risks, and especially, taking the time to focus on my family these past 19 months. I have definitely delayed blog posts to spend time with my daughter and I’m more than ok with that. I have one shot at my time here and I have to trust my heart, even if it doesn’t work out perfectly in the end or please everyone all the time.

I can’t promise you that my blog will be everything you’re looking for or need, but I can promise that I continue to give 100% of myself into each post and project, even if it’s sometimes hard to see. And of course, I will take your feedback to heart and try to improve.

I’m sorry that after waiting all winter you were not able to download the app. I can promise you if we had the budget to develop across multiple platforms simultaneously, we definitely would have.

I so appreciate your support for my cookbooks, and even if you don’t continue to read my blog, I’m very thankful that you enjoy my work!

Take care,

Angela

126 Jessica Piekenbrock April 12, 2016

Can you please please please make an android version of this?? I looove your recipes and would love to have this app! :)

127 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Aw, thanks for your interest, Jessica! We’re definitely open to exploring the idea.

128 Marti April 12, 2016

Congratulations, looks lovely.
Really would love to see this for Android also!!!

129 Kristen April 12, 2016

Just downloaded the app and plan to preorder the book this week! I’ve been in a bit of a rut lately with staying on a healthy track and figuring out what to cook for my weekly meals, but your app has re-inspired me! It’s so beautifully crafted and very user-friendly. I can’t wait for my weekly grocery trip! Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to your OSG brand – I (as well as everyone above) look very much forward to all your future brilliant ideas. Thank you again! <3 <3 <3

130 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thank you, Kristen! I hope you love the book and the app both.:) I’m sorry to hear you feel like you’ve been in a bit of a rut lately (it happens!)…sending you tons of food-inspiration vibes!

131 Fiona April 12, 2016

Have you considered adding the recipes from your cookbooks as separate bundles to be purchased on the app? I already own and love your first cookbook, and I will be buying your second, but if I could have the option to buy all of them on the app I totally would. Maybe you’d even make more money selling the bundles on the app than physical copies what with publishing costs?? You’ve prob thought of this already but thought I’d mention it. Your app is absolutely perfect. I really admire the quality of the things you produce. I think that’s a big part of your success. It always helps to be beautiful too. ;)

132 Carmi April 12, 2016

Congrats Angela on the app. I sometimes feel that I am one of the few people on the planet that doesn’t have a cell phone! I know hard to believe. The attached link might peak your interest. Love getting the newsletter via e-mail.

133 Elise April 12, 2016

Can’t wait for an Android version!

134 Marcia April 12, 2016

Here’s another vote for the Android app version….please?

135 Debra April 12, 2016

Angela,
I just downloaded the app! It’s so beautiful and obviously a labor of love. I’m so excited to have your delicious recipes close by on my phone and my ipad!

Thanks for your many hours of work on this project for all of us to enjoy!

~Debra

136 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Thanks so much, Debra! I truly appreciate your kind words, and hope you end up loving the app as much as we do.

137 Bron April 12, 2016

Another supporter requesting android. Desperately hope its an option in the future.

138 Milly April 12, 2016

It would be great to have a Google Play app as well, are you able to have that platform as well in the future

139 CarriePcarr April 12, 2016

Congrats on the great ap! I just downloaded it. It looks awesome!! I can’t wait to use it and am stoked that I will have it available on both my phone and iPad when I travel. Great job!!!

140 Angela Liddon April 13, 2016

Thank you so much for your support and enthusiasm! I hope you absolutely love it.

141 Christine McMahan April 12, 2016

I love your cookbook but I wondered if the recipes in the app are predominately the ones from the book?

142 Angela Liddon April 13, 2016

Hi Christine, many recipes are revamped fan favourites from the blog, plus, as a thank-you for purchasing the app, you’ll receive a free bundle of 8 new recipes exclusive to the app. (You’ll also have access to an additional 3 free recipes with a social media share.) There are some super popular recipes from my blog that made it into both the book and app, however (such as my 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta, Classic Green Monster Smoothie, etc). Hope this helps!

143 Sue Johnston April 12, 2016

Please oh please an android version!!

144 Lynn April 12, 2016

Hi, Angela. Just bought the app. What beautiful photos. Going to make the lentil soup this weekend.

When I try to “buy” the free bundle, a pop-up appears that says BUY an error occurred while buying “Free Bonus Bundle.” Please try again later.

This also happens with the Spring Bonus even though I shared the link through the app with my friends on Facebook.

I have an iPhone 6S and am running the latest iOS. Hope you can help.

145 Angela Liddon April 13, 2016

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Lynn! Please shoot an email to app_support[at]ohsheglows[dot]com and we’ll try to get that sorted out for you.

146 Lynn April 13, 2016

Thanks for your team’s help, Angela. I was able to download both bundles today. Best wishes.

147 Julie April 12, 2016

It looks fabulous, and I was very excited, until I read it’s for Apple only. Yes, please and android version!

148 Casey April 12, 2016

Please add a shopping list like ‘my pepper plate’ and ‘fork over knife!!’ Would make your app extra helpful! Thanks! Looking forward to more recipes ☺️

149 DJ Wicked Will April 12, 2016

Is there a ETA on an Android version debuting soon? Thanks.

150 Caroline April 12, 2016

WOW Angela! I just purchased your app. I knew it would be awesome because I have followed you forever and everything you do is awesome! But the app? Wow. Just Wow! You have put so much thought, time, energy, love and so much of who you are in this app. And you have a toddler at home…how do you do it? I am so proud of you! And I thank you for all your amazing, creative recipes that you give us to make in our home. Keep it up! Can’t wait for the next cookbook, and more details on the next baby ;) Thank you!! And thank you for choosing such an important cause to send some of your proceeds.

151 Angela Liddon April 15, 2016

Hi Caroline, I can’t thank you enough for your lovely note! You are too kind, and I’m so grateful for your excitement and support! Happy cooking =)

152 Nicole S April 12, 2016

The app is absolutely beautiful! As soon as I heard you were releasing one I knew I’d have to buy it! I’m in love already. It’s conveniently organized with beautiful photography. The only problem is that looking at it makes me hungry! Congratulations! xx

153 Angela Liddon April 13, 2016

Thank you for the kind words about the app, Nicole! They’ve brought a smile to my face this morning. :)

154 Lauren April 13, 2016

Love the app! I just wish all of your blog recipes were on it!

155 Lauren April 13, 2016

P.S. I already used it last night to make your granola!

156 Pure Ella April 13, 2016

Wow!! This looks stunning Angela!! Congrats!
At first quick glance I thought this was your new cookbook cover – BUT I’m glad it’s not because I hope it will have your gorgeous face on it :)
Of course I can’t wait for that reveal next! So much excitement for you! How are you handling it all?? ;)
xoxo ella

157 Diana Simplair April 13, 2016

I’m sad. Only Android phone and tablet :-(

158 Fiona M. Lang-Sharpe April 13, 2016

Sad Android user. Hope the budget allows room for it soon. In the mean time I love everything else. Keep up the great work. Warmly Fiona

159 Debbie April 13, 2016

Angela, I have shared the ipad giveaway 3 times on Facebook, but it doesn’t seem to connect back to rafflecopter to give me my entries.

160 Angela Liddon April 14, 2016

Hi Debbie, thanks for entering the giveaway, and for choosing to share it with your friends! For each friend that enters the giveaway, you’ll receive +1 entry (up to +10 extra entries). But, Rafflecopter only gives you the additional entries when a person you refer enters the giveaway as well. Don’t worry if you don’t get a notification letting you know you’ve received an extra entry – it’ll go in automatically. Good luck!

161 Sam April 13, 2016

I am loving the app, the photography is beautiful and I can’t wait to try out the new recipes and some old favourites!

162 Rebecca April 13, 2016

Hi Angela,
Thanks for your app! It’s beautiful. I wanted to ask, though, it says Free Bonus Bundle and Spring Bonus, but both say N/A. Are we unable to get the bundles of recipes? Or is that only for Canadian customers? Here’s hoping…….

163 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2016

Hey Rebecca,
Thank you! We just sent you an email to figure out the issue!

164 Sara April 14, 2016

Congrats on the new app! I’m a little disappointed though, since I cannot enter the giveaway. I understand that these giveaways are a means to promote your hard work, but for someone who chooses not to use some social media platforms (and feels glad about that!) I also miss out on these giveaways.

165 Angela Liddon April 14, 2016

Hi Sara, thank you for the kind congratulations. :) You should be able to enter the giveaway by logging in using your email (the email login button is just below the blue Facebook login button on the widget). Please let me know if that doesn’t work for you!

166 Pat April 14, 2016

Thank you for putting together this app. I recently got an iPhone 6 and this is the first app I bought for myself. I just made “My Favorite Vegan Chili” and am looking forward to using it on vacation this summer.

167 Angela Liddon April 14, 2016

I am so happy to hear you’re enjoying the app, Pat! Thanks :)

168 Tara April 14, 2016

Congrats on the app! I absolutely love it!!! : ) It’s beautifully photographed and I’m happy to see many of my favorite recipes, like the perfect veggie burgers, included! Love the little bonus recipes, too–I can’t wait to try the almond fudge overnight oats. It exceded my expectations.

169 Dori April 14, 2016

Once you pay for the app, is everything else free? Do you have to pay for any recipes?

170 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 15, 2016

Hi Dori,

Currently , yes everything is free. We may have some exclusive paid recipe bundles in the future, but when you purchase the app you’ll receive the free bonus bundle with 8 recipes, and the option for the social media bundle with 3 free recipes. Hope this helps!

171 SusanJ April 15, 2016

Congrats!!!! That is soooo exciting. I am an Android user so I would love to see it available for me to use too. I will be waiting patiently for it and will continue to enjoy the website and cookbooks.

172 Jaimey Anderson April 15, 2016

I want this app so bad, but don’t have an apple device. I hope you consider putting an app out for android devices.
I sure do love your recipes and blog!!!
For now I will keep using your amazing book and checking out your blog. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes with us!

173 Angela Liddon April 18, 2016

Thanks for the sweet comment, Jaimey! We would love to expand to other devices, for sure – hopefully our budget will allow us to do so in the future!:)

174 Stephanie Beckman April 18, 2016

Congratulations! I’m very happy you have an app. I guess I’m one of the 25% who has an android device. Please consider giving us the chance to enjoy your app, too!

Thanks,

Stephanie

175 Angela Liddon April 18, 2016

Thanks for the congrats, Stephanie! We’d love to be able to expand to Android devices in the future if our budget allows. :)

176 D April 19, 2016

looks great. unfortunately for me I have a samsung S6 android smartphone and am unable to access the app. how extremely disappointing. ;( feeling cheated.

177 Rebekah April 22, 2016

Exciting news! Please consider an Android app!!! I would buy it in a heartbeat. :)

178 Angela Liddon April 25, 2016

Thanks for your support, Rebekah! We’re all crossing our fingers that our budget will allow us to expand to other devices in the future. :)

179 Caroline Dufresne April 23, 2016

Hi Angela , i was wondering if tou can suggest any time management tips that work well for you , ideas for saving time with organising emails , sorting emails ,

I find you are so busy with multi tasking i am sure tou have discovered ways to be more efficient in the day to day , would love to hear your suggestions

Caroline

180 Deb April 25, 2016

Let me know if you come out with an app for android phones please.

181 Tricia April 25, 2016

Hi! I got the app the other day and love it!!! I am confused, though, about the bundles. It says I have successfully “purchased” them, but I cannot get them to open so I can view the recipes. Am I missing something??? Congratulations on this great new step. I have followed you for years and recommended you to many friends, who have also become hooked on your recipes. Great, creative work you are doing!!!

182 Brenda May 3, 2016

I too am hoping that it will soon be available for Android! OR Kindle Fire.

183 Kim Casselman May 5, 2016

I was so excited about the App that I downloaded it immediately! I must say the visuals are GREAT and I like the ease of use. I am disappointed however in the fact there or so few recipes, unless I’m mistaken there are less than 60 available. I did find a couple of errors with recipe instructions but that’s not a big deal. Would be really helpful if there was a way of making a grocery list within the App.

184 Jamie May 6, 2016

Just putting in a vote for Android! Samsung only for this family, even for our tablets! :) Seems so crazy that 75% of readers have iPhones… pretty much all of my friends & family are android users. Your cookbook is the one cookbook I actually use & everything always turns out perfectly… I will definitely get the app when available on Android!

185 Karin May 9, 2016

I am looking forward to seeing the app for Android too at some point.

186 Hippie Spinster May 20, 2016

Please consider an Android app. I understand there may be a correlation between veganism and wealth in North America so it may be your least affluent followers who are not able to take advantage of the app.

187 Jenny June 13, 2016

Bummed there is no Android app!

188 Lisa pes June 25, 2016

That’s a shame. I was really looking forward to downloading the app on my android.

189 Cheri Hallchurch June 25, 2016

love your recipes, I do have your app but sadly I took it off my iphone…. often when I opened your app it would just start download recipes, I don’t have WIFI in my home so it used up a lot of my data very quickly every time I opened it. wish there would be a way to just update it when I choose not every time I opened it

190 Angela July 8, 2016

I’m not sure how I missed the app release, I must’ve been under a rock! But I have it now and I admit I’m absolutely addicted to your recipes and I’m over the moon with the app! Thank you so much for all your hard work. Every recipe is always packed with flavor and texture and yummy vegan goodness. I simply cannot express how much I appreciate you and your work! I even make your recipes for non- vegans who always rave about the tastiness. i can’t wait for the new book!

191 Angela Liddon July 11, 2016

I’m so glad to hear you’re enjoying the app, Angela! Thanks so much for your support.

192 Chantal De Bruyn July 29, 2016

Hi,
Whised that this app was also available for android so I could download your app.

193 Angela Liddon August 2, 2016

It’s definitely something we’re keeping in mind for the future if budget allows, Chantal!

194 ryan c skelly September 4, 2016

Great site. Going to make going vegan a lot easier. Please roll out an Android app asap!

195 Stacey Brewer October 11, 2016

Wish I could use your app, but it is IOS only.

Please consider an Android version.

You are missing out on a huge market as well as disappointing people. :/