Bust a move

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 27, 2015

IMG_9004

Hey everyone,

I’m pulling myself out of the post-holiday haze to let you know that we’re moving OSG to a bigger, badder server tomorrow (December 28th). By "we", I mean my favourite husband ever. This site has been on the same dedicated server for the past 4 years, but it’s time to upgrade for some exciting ventures in 2016.

We’re doing the move now because the last week of the year is always the slowest traffic wise. The site could be spotty for a day or two. If you’re planning on making any blog recipes this week, I recommend printing them now in case the site is down when you need them. That would be sad. PEEPS GOTTA EAT.

If you don’t hear from me again you can assume that the new server swallowed me whole. I’m hoping to be back with a post to close out 2015 though…big guy willing!

Cheers to the good kind of downtime this last week of the year. Enjoy,

Angela

Brittney December 27, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Thanks for letting us know!!

Looking forward to posts in the new year!!
-Brittney

kipp b. December 28, 2015 at 3:36 am

Vegan question~

I own a donut shop and am thinking about offering a vegan donut from a vegan recipe.

I only have one fryer, and need to use the same oil for both regular and vegan donuts. Does that break a vegan rule?

Kathy Catlin December 28, 2015 at 8:21 am

Well, congratulations to you!! Beat of luck with the move BTW, your vegan lasagne with lemon basil cream was a Christmas dinner hit with the family…Loved it !!

Barbara December 28, 2015 at 8:32 am

Looking forward to your new website. Do I need to subscribe again?

[email protected] December 28, 2015 at 9:03 am

I need a man with tech skills in my life!

Alex Bernier December 28, 2015 at 9:50 am

Happy Holidays, Angela! Bring OSG over to YouFood and we’ll host it for free! We’ll help manage the transition, too. Our users already love you. Keep it in mind for the future if not now :) In the meantime, cheers to your upgrade without a hitch and a great 2016!

Deborah Wilson December 28, 2015 at 10:13 am

Looking forward to a new website. The old one was great but I trust that this will be greater.

karen tanner December 28, 2015 at 11:25 am

good luck with the server change,look forward to seeing the new site.wishing you a happy and healthy new year

Amberley December 28, 2015 at 11:26 am

I’m so excited!! Do I smell a gingerbread recipe then? Haha, not that I snapchat stalk or anything…

Marie at the Lazy W December 28, 2015 at 11:35 am

I’m a relatively new reader & love your posts. Good luck with the transition. Happy new year!!

Tiffany December 28, 2015 at 11:54 am

Looking forward to the new site as well :)

Is the oh she glows tea shop still running? I ask because I’ve tried to visit the site and it doesn’t fully load – none of the teas show up.

Thank you! Happy New Year!

Amy December 30, 2015 at 11:50 am

I am also wondering about the tea shop- I was thinking of placing an order but I have noticed for months the website isn’t working. I have noticed people asking for months but strangely no response from Angela

Katie Barthel December 30, 2015 at 3:43 pm

She made a post about it at some point… can’t remember where… maybe Instagram? They aren’t doing the tea business anymore.

Dee December 28, 2015 at 12:02 pm

I received your cookbook as a Christmas gift. I am so excited to read it and flag all the recipes I want to try!
Happy New Year!
Dee

Kathy December 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm

How exciting! May you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve! I think I have all of my recipes ready for this week (as she shuffles through OSG stack and shopping list)… :)

Patricia December 28, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Could you turn your considerable talent and creativity to inventing a gingerbread cookie recipe? Our holiday season meals have been dominated by your fabulous recipes, but we are craving a snappy gingery accompaniment to your Nutella hot chocolate.

Katie December 28, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Hi Angela and Eric (aka Bestest Husband Ever),
More than once in my mechanical engineering career it has been my responsibility to migrate things from one server to another. In one particular job I was even responsible for the physical server itself! How a mechie ended up with that I have no idea, but I know what you are going through.
Good luck Eric on the move, and may we see both of you on the other side!

Cheers,
Katie

Shelley December 29, 2015 at 11:09 am

I love this site and all your humorous comments! Under the recommendation of coworkers I bought your cookbook and already it’s been the most used cookbook in my kitchen. Everyday I go through it to see what wonderful meals I can make. I have to admit that I am not vegan or vegetarian but this site has changed my eating remarkably. I feel great! Thanks so much for sharing your creations, you are a true artist. If you were here, I’d give you a big hug!
Excited to see what your doing in 2016! Happy New Year!

Eric December 30, 2015 at 5:37 pm

We still haven’t moved yet, but I’m close. =)

Eric January 15, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Testing Newsletter

Eric January 15, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Testing again

Viola January 21, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Looking forward to receiving news.

Marian Burns February 24, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Looking forward to receiving your cookbook. It all looks delicious! Thank you!

Angela Liddon February 25, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Thanks, Marian! Hope you enjoy the book. :)

Food Delivery in Mumbai March 7, 2016 at 5:31 am

I’m feeling glad while reading your article… Its have been so wonderfully written & I like your way to dress it up… Keep sharing more… I’m waiting!!!

Danielle March 29, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Hi Angela: I am so happy for you! Our girls are 22 months apart, and with the youngest just turning 1 year old, we are so happy to watch them love on each other! Our lives are so blessed right now that we are actually considering a 3rd…crazy, I know! May God bless you and your growing family. :-)

Angela Liddon March 30, 2016 at 10:26 am

I bet it’s so fun to watch them interact at those ages! I look forward to when they can play together. All the best with your decision about having a 3rd! We’ve said in the past that we wanted 3 kids, but now I think we’re just going to play it by ear and see how the second one turns out. hahah!