Gourmet Chia Seed Pudding (from scratch!)

chiaseedpuddingrecipe-8860

Your comments on my Kitchen Quirks story were quite hilarious. They also led to even more funny stories here at home and among our friends and family.

I got a text from a friend shortly after posting.

“I’m reading your kitchen quirks post aloud to my husband (because he is absolutely nuts about the dishwasher just like Eric is). I finish reading it to him and he goes, “Ugh, I wonder what some of Eric’s tricks are? Did he write specifics?”

There are many inquiring minds as to what Eric’s dishwashing tricks are, it seems. Eric is in the process of penning an e-guide for dishwasher enthusiasts. Ok not really, but I told him he can’t keep his secrets all to himself for ever! Plus, I need others to know what I’m going through.

When we were talking about the blog post, Eric decided to mention another one of my kitchen quirks. You know, aside from general “chaos”. Apparently, I have this annoying little habit of leaving kitchen cupboards/cabinets and drawers open while I’m baking or cooking. I’ve been doing it for years. Basically, since I started cooking.

In my eyes, leaving the drawers and cupboards open is efficient. I do it because I know I’ll probably go back to that cupboard later on in the cooking process so I see no need to close it every single time. See it’s not lazy; it’s practical! I’m all about efficiency.

One morning about 4 years ago when we were living in our previous house, I headed downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. Eric was still upstairs getting ready for work. As I approached the kitchen I immediately noticed something was wrong…very wrong.

chiaseedpuddingparfait

Every single cupboard and drawer in the entire kitchen was wide open. Just picture your own kitchen with every cupboard door open and every drawer open. It’s freaky stuff, right?

I stopped dead in my tracks at the edge of the kitchen.

“OH… MY… GOD…”

I was absolutely horrified. Of course, I immediately assumed there was some kind of weird Poltergeist shit going on. Or some evil force taking over my kitchen. Or both.

I turned on my heels and BOOKED it upstairs. There’s no way I was going to wait around for the drawers to start spontaneously slamming or something!!

Eric started laughing uncontrollably. He then confessed that he opened every cupboard and drawer before bed to play a trick on me. What kind of sick person does that?

So it’s been 4 years since his prank and I’m long overdue for retaliation. I’m thinking it’s going to have something to do with his beloved dishwasher. I’m open to your suggestions, as always.

chiaseedpuddingrecipe-8839

chiaseedpuddingrecipe-8878

Gourmet Chia Seed Pudding

Vegan, gluten-free, no bake/raw, oil-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free

By

4.7 from 16 reviews

Creamy, rich, and thick chia seed pudding made from scratch! If you want to make the speedy version using store-bought almond milk and liquid sweetener, see the tip below. This makes a large batch (3 cups or so), but I discovered that chia seed pudding freezes well and it thaws beautifully in the fridge. So there’s never fear of any going to waste. I like to freeze it in individual servings in freezer-safe zip bags or small glass containers, so I always have a healthy snack on hand. If you aren't down with the tapioca-like texture of chia seed pudding, feel free to blend this pudding in your blender until smooth.

Yield
3-3.5 cups (serves 4-6)
Soak time
overnight + 2-3 hours
Prep Time
Cook time
0 Minutes
Total Time

Ingredients:

• 1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
  • 3 cups filtered water
  • 1 vanilla bean, chopped into a few pieces (optional, but recommended)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Dash of fine sea salt
  • 3 to 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup or 1/3 cup packed pitted Medjool dates, or to taste
  • 1/2 cup chia seeds

Directions:

1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with a couple inches of water. Soak overnight or for 8 hours. If you are in a rush, soaking for 1 to 2 hours works in a pinch. Drain and rinse almonds after soaking.
  2. Place almonds in a high-speed blender along with the 3 cups filtered water, chopped vanilla bean (if using), vanilla extract, and salt. Blend on the highest speed, for about 1 minute until the almonds and vanilla bean are pulverized.
  3. Place a nut milk bag on top of a large bowl and pour the almond milk into the bag. (You can also use cheesecloth placed over a fine mesh sieve, however a nut milk bag yields the smoothest result and is faster.) Squeeze the bag and press out all the milk. The pulp will remain in the bag/cloth (you should have about 1 cup of pulp).
  4. If using dates as your sweetener: Note: I only recommend using dates if your blender can pulverize them super smooth, otherwise use liquid sweetener. Rinse out the blender. Carefully pour the almond milk back into the blender and add the pitted dates. Blend on the highest speed until the dates are pulverized and the milk is super smooth. Add milk back into the bowl.
  5. Whisk in the chia seeds (and the maple syrup, only if not using the dates). Place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours, until thickened and cold. Give the mixture a good stir every once in awhile to redistribute the chia seeds.
  6. Layer the chia pudding with mango, raspberries, and top with Coconut Whipped Cream. Chia seed pudding will keep in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. It freezes well too, just thaw in the fridge before ready to enjoy.

Tips:

• For a quicker version, simply use 3 cups of store-bought unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup chia seeds, and 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup. Whisk everything in a mason jar and chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
  • Ideas for using leftover almond pulp: Spread the pulp onto a baking sheet and dry it out by baking it at 300°F for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden in some spots. Cool completely. Grind it in a food processor until a coarse flour forms. You can use the toasted pulp in granola recipes or any other baked goods you see fit.

chiaseedpuddingrecipe-8886

1 Christine (The Raw Project) May 23, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This pudding looks amazing, yum! Too funny on Eric, my husband always leaves cabinets and the pantry open too and it drives me nuts since that takes up more space in our small kitchen while we’re playing dueling chefs. :-)

2 Alexa [fooduzzi.com] May 23, 2015

YUM! I LOVE that you used homemade almond milk (with the addition of vanilla beans…OMG). I make a Turmeric Date Almond Milk that I may substitute in this recipe! I cannot wait to give this a try as the weather starts to get warmer! Pinned!

3 Laura ~ Raise Your Garden May 27, 2015

The vanilla bean is so enthralling in here!~ I love the idea, the scent, the whole package. I need a nut milk bag, it’s been on my to-do list. I’m wracking my brain trying to think of a prank to get back at your husband for the kitchen cabinet trick, but the dishwasher is tricky! All I can say is that kitchen quirks will totally test anyone’s marriage. My husband rinses all the dishes but leaves them sopping on the countertop. My mom says to count my blesses that he even think to removes the dishes at all from the table, but I’m struggling. I can’t figure out why he won’t just put the dishes in the dishwasher? And yes, I’ve asked but just get a blank stare (this is the way his mom always did things……ut-oh.)

4 Tom ~ Raise Your Garden May 28, 2015

Honey, please don’t forget that I read Angela’s blog too! And yes, annoying me with the dishwasher is not that hard (and yes, I’m the dishwasher man here too.) All you have to do, is put the silverware pokey side up inside of down. I mean, who wants to empty the dishwasher nicking their finger with a pokey fork or knife wife? We are obviously opposite dishwasher loaders, that’s all I can say. I can think of plenty of ways to get back at Eric, but as a guy, I just feel like I’m on his team right now. Great pudding though Angela!

5 Julie May 28, 2015

You guys are so cute! Laura, whenever I find dishes sitting in the sink (rinsed off!), which happens to reside RIGHT NEXT to the dishwasher, I shake my head like you. But I try REALLY hard (as your mom points out) to be grateful that the dishes actually made their way to the sink because it could be much worse! We just moved in together a year ago, & I remember what his old house looked like (shudders!). :P

6 Filipa May 23, 2015

Sounds like such a great idea since chia seeds are a super food, I’m just not a fan of puddings because of the slimmy consistency or I’d try this today =)

uniquelyfilipa.blogspot.pt

7 nutrition mate May 23, 2015

my puddings never look this good, I just put everything into a bowl, and that’s all. This way it looks much more yummy <3

8 Jessica May 23, 2015

I do the SAME thing! Leaving cabinets, etc open totally IS practical! My fiance does not understand, it drives him crazy. He is constantly getting frustrated with me over it. But I am always going from cabinet to cabinet in my cooking/baking frenzies so it makes sense to me… Until I hit my head and then he’s looking at me like, “I told you so.” Oh well! I don’t think I can change at this point. I’m surprised he has not played the very same trick on me! Anyway, I cannot wait to make this pudding! Thanks for the recipe :D

9 Heather May 23, 2015

This made me scream with laughter. I compulsively leave drawers/cabinets open too! I do it everywhere. We share a chest of drawers and my side is always ajar because I know I will need to get back in to get more clothes later. It drives my husband crazy! He says I am allergic to closing drawers but then he somehow becomes blind to dishes left beside the sink. We don’t have a dishwasher and he will happily do the washing up but it has to be IN the sink not BESIDE the sink otherwise somehow they are invisible.

10 AmandaYoga May 23, 2015

I cannnot wait to try this recipe! I’m always on the lookout for make-ahead recipes I can take to work for breakfast! (I tell my co-workers about your blog all the time!) Thanks Angela.

11 Cristina @ I Say Nomato May 23, 2015

Oh my goodness, I do the same thing! I always regret it when I (inevitably) hit my head against a corner of a door! But I love it, so easy to see everything. This looks so delicious, I can’t wait to try it!

12 Emma Potts May 23, 2015

haha, cheeky Eric! You’ll have to get him back ;) Love the idea to serve the chia pudding with soft serve. Will definitely be trying this.

13 Carolyn May 23, 2015

Haha I do the same thing with the cabinets, except its not only when I’m cooking, its all the time! I’m just glad I’m short or I probably would always be bleeding from the head lol! Eric’s prank is pretty hilarious..I want to tell my fiance but he might get some ideas!

14 Lissa May 23, 2015

This looks amazing.

15 Cassie May 23, 2015

I just bought the Qia Cranberry Vanilla chia superfood cereal! Perfect for this recipe!!

16 Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine May 23, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Yum! It’s been a long time since you posted a banana soft serve parfait! I saw your photos on Instagram last night and I already have my chia seed pudding soaking in my fridge for breakfast. I used to make parfaits all the time for breakfast :) Beautiful shots of this one!

17 Karen July 9, 2016

hi there, I can’t seem to find a recipe for the banana soft serve nice cream as pictured in the recipe. Just needing the ratio of ingredients. Can anyone help me, I have looked everywhere on here Thanks

18 Angela Liddon July 12, 2016

Hi Karen, It’s been a while since I made this, so I can’t quite recall the exact ratios, but I believe I made the mango-banana soft serve by simply processing a frozen banana with some frozen mango and a splash of almond milk. Hope this helps! :)

19 Karen July 12, 2016

thanks for your reply Angela! I made this chia pudding , it was delicious. Layered it with fruit. next time i will try with the banana soft serve!

20 Carolina Bertolucci May 23, 2015

Angela, your post ideas have been so unique and original! wow! Thanks for making me think outside the box <3

21 Amy @ Cultivate Beauty May 24, 2015

Oh my goodness this looks amazing! Will have to check out the banana mango lime soft serve recipe too, it sounds divine! :)

22 Ann-Sofie May 24, 2015

wauw. This look so delicious! Definitely will try myself:)

23 Stef May 24, 2015

Hahaaa!

24 Beth May 24, 2015

This look perfect for a Sunday pudding. Fingers crossed I have everything as if I do I will be making it today.

Beth x

25 Anna May 24, 2015

yummy can’t wait to try this at home!!! looks scrumptious

26 Heather May 24, 2015

Hi! Just wondering if anyone in the toronto area can tell me where I can track down vanilla beans?

27 Davilyn Eversz May 24, 2015

Most likely you will have to buy them online. I get mine on Amazon.

28 Connie May 24, 2015

Try Whole Foods or Bulk Barn. I’ve found them at both

29 Stefanie May 25, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made this last night and my kids ate it all. I got very little!! ;). As for the vanilla bean, they are really easy to find in just about any grocery or natural food store.

30 Megan May 24, 2015

Bulk Barn often has them! I’m sure lots of other places have them too but I can’t say for sure – Whole Foods? Other health food stores?

31 Genya May 24, 2015

Thank you for this recipe! I wanted to make chia seed pudding for ages…now I will give it a go for sure! x

32 Chad May 24, 2015

Look delicious I may try it with some banana protein powder!

33 Harriet - & Projects May 24, 2015

This chia seed pudding looks fab, could be a new breakfast favourite!
PS my sister is the same with the kitchen cupboards but she doesn’t close them full stop! So frustrating.

& Projects

34 Jessica May 24, 2015

I see the practicality of having all the cupboard and cabinet doors open, but my condo kitchen is pretty tiny. Having everything open would essentially trap me in. :)

As for a dishwasher prank, if Eric is very into making sure that everything is loaded a certain way, I suggest sneaking in at the last minute and carefully rearranging a few noticeable items before you run it. Of course, this will only work if you know that Eric will be the one unloading it.

35 Naomi May 24, 2015

This looks amazing, I can’t wait to try it out! (:

Naomi | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

36 Karissa @ Vegan À La Mode May 24, 2015

I do the same exact thing with the cabinets!! My roommate in college said she felt like she was living with the little girl from signs! Except instead of leaving glasses of water out, I leave all the cabinets open. It was a habit of mine I had forgotten about until my boyfriend (who I live with) recently injured his ankle. This week, I started noticing all the cabinets were open all the time. He said to me, that’s because he usually closes them but now that he’s been resting his ankle he hasn’t been in the kitchen to close them! Now my own bad habit is driving me crazy lol. Glad to know I’m not the only one that does that!

The dishwasher quirk of Eric’s is hilarious because my boyfriend does the same thing! Every night when he gets home from work, he reorganizes it!

37 Davilyn Eversz May 24, 2015
Recipe Rating:

If he starts the dishwasher before going to bed – do the same thing, get up early and change everything around in the dishwasher so it is total chaos. Or spray cheese whiz on everything – LOL! Did you know your reply for email is disabled? Several months ago you emailed me wanting more information on formaldehyde in coconuts and I tried several times to reply but it bounces it back. I noticed this morning, it did the same thing when I inadvertently tried to reply by email instead of putting this in the comments section.

I’ve been using this recipe for years – I put cardamon in it too.

38 Davilyn Eversz May 24, 2015

I add fruit to my almond mixture before I Vitamix it. You can put up to a cup of fruit in and it will come out just fine.

39 Tanya May 24, 2015

Lol! This is hilarious! I do the same with kitchen cabinet doors and my husband played the same trick on me one of the mornings!!!

40 Bonnie May 24, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Yum! To the quick version I add vanilla bean and dates and I think after the above suggestion I’ll add cardamom , as well.

41 christine May 24, 2015

This looks great. I’m thinking- I want to make the quick version of this. Could I use coconut milk instead of almond milk? or half/half? I’m thinking coconut milk might give it a really delicious creamy-ness but have never tried. Would love to hear your advice!

42 Jill @ Champagne for Everyday May 25, 2015

This looks amazing!! I am in an Italian beach town right now, and I brought my chia with me. I can’t wait to get back to the states and whip this up – no more overnight bar fridge chia pudding :P

xx Jill

43 Jessica DeMarra May 25, 2015

I am digging the sound of this pudding. I feel vegan food can be gourmet, despite what others may say about it! Simple, good quality ingredients, whipped together in balance can really take fruit and vegetables (and seeds!) up a notch. Or several notches.

Pranks ideas: How does he feel about a giant rubber spider in the toilet? Or wrapped around a shower head? It gets my boyfriend pretty good when he decides to tighten all the jars in the fridge or put my kitchen essentials on the top shelves. Just an idea ;)

44 Deborah @ The Harvest Kitchen May 25, 2015

Hilarious!!! Definitely whipping up a batch – it looks incredible!!

45 Sagan May 25, 2015

Love the layering in this jar! It looks so pretty :)

I cannot STAND it when the cupboard doors and kitchen drawers are open. If Mr. Science leaves them open while he’s cooking, I’ll follow him around, closing cabinet doors. I always think things are going to start falling off the shelves, haha.

46 Rosenoisettes May 25, 2015

That looks so yummy!
I’d love that for breakfast ;)

47 Erin @ Erin's Inside Job May 25, 2015

That pudding looks great! I do the same thing when I am making dinner. I have been making a lot of Blue Apron meals and so I always make sure to leave the trash drawer open since there is a lot of chopping and prep. That way I can just toss scraps in there instead of opening it every time!

48 Lori May 25, 2015

Hi,
I love your recipes and would love to try this one. I am allergic to nuts is there a seed substitution I could use instead?

Thanks,
Lori

49 Anna May 26, 2015

Maybe try coconut milk instead?

50 Julie May 25, 2015

That is too funny because my husband leaves the cabinet doors open when he is in the kitchen and it drives me NUTS! HA! HA! He drives me nuts with the dishwasher too. He is obsessed with filling it and emptying it as soon as possible.

51 CARLA May 26, 2015

OH LOVE THIS.
we are scratch people all the way.
with our chia anyway :-)

52 Emily May 26, 2015

We’re obsessed with Chia Seeds at the moment, such an amazing super food.

We’d love you to check out our blog wearefunnycooking.com

Love you work
xx

53 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 26, 2015

LOL! Love this post Ange! I am 100% the same way with kitchen cupboards and I wasn’t even conscious of it until I was having a chat with a friend who mentioned she has the same habit. I was in the kitchen a few days later making recipes for the blog, stopped for a second, and looked around to find 3 cupboards and a few drawers open. I guess it’s a sign of a good cook!? :) As for this pudding, it looks soooo delicious. I’ve been loving my chia seeds in smoothies lately, but pudding is just as good too. I need to find some real vanilla beans (and I’m sure they’re at Whole Foods… so in that case I just need to fork over the moolah lol!)

54 Jennifer Harmon {Peppers and Peaches} May 26, 2015

Ah this sounds amazing! I love all your little tips in your posts–>like, chia pudding freezes well?! That is a game changer! I usually make mine in individual servings but now I’m just going to whip up a big batch and freeze away! Also, you and Eric crack me up. I wonder if my husband notices any kitchen quirks of mine….I’ll have to ask!

55 Tina May 26, 2015

I have to make this right now. The Banan-Mango-Lime Soft Serve… mmm.

56 Ashley May 26, 2015

haha, I leave all doors, cupboards, and drawers open, not just in the kitchen. It makes my husband sooooo mad!

57 Rachael @ Squat.Eat.Repeat May 26, 2015

I was laughing as I read this because I always leave cabinets open. I want to try this soon, do you prefer the syrup or the dates in this recipe?
Thanks!

58 Mary @chattavore May 26, 2015

a) I am completely obsessed with your site and your cookbook right now; (b) this looks delicious; and (c) I can’t believe it’s taken you this long to retaliate! I would have been taking care of that ish the day of! :)

59 natalia May 27, 2015
Recipe Rating:

What type if food processor do you use? Does it make peanut or nut sauces?

60 Amanda May 27, 2015

That pudding looks incredible!

Love that the produce sticker war is alive and well. So is mine. Stickers all over the place!

61 Anna Lee May 27, 2015

Wow, this looks so great! And it’s exactly what I need right now.
I still leave all the cabinet doors open, even though I’ve been trying to remember to shut them. If I’m gonna be back and forth all over the kitchen (and let’s face it, I’m not Martha Stewart, my ingredients are never neatly laid out before I start cooking), it just makes more sense to leave them open haha.

62 The Vegan Junction May 27, 2015

Gosh that looks good. I love all the different textures!

63 Michele @ Two Raspberries May 27, 2015

i have never ever made my own pudding! this is definitely interesting to me! it looks really delicious, i think i should probably put this on my to-try list ;-) YUMMY!

64 Connie May 28, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I’m a key lime fanatic, so I actually went for the banana mango lime soft serve first (with an extra squeeze of lime) – it was fantastic. I’ve decided when I’ve got that key lime pie craving, I’m going to make a “key lime sandwich” with your recipe and two graham crackers.

65 Ashley May 28, 2015

I leave doors + drawers OPEN! I don’t even think it’s an efficiency thing, it just happens. And now our drawers are filled with crumbs. I also just go straight to the fridge no matter what state my hands are in, so the front is always filthy. haha

66 Jessica May 28, 2015

Now that the summer I was sure would NEVER come has come, I am totally making this to stay cool. Thanks for another great recipe!

67 Alycia May 28, 2015

The mango soft serve was delicious!!
I’ve also made a version with strawberries…so good :)

68 Janet May 28, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Served this for a friend and I for breakfast this am; loved the whole ensemble (I didn’t make my own almond milk), and the Mango – Banana soft serve was a huge hit! Thanks!

69 Detox Girl May 29, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Chia seeds are the best! I love them :)

70 Maria May 29, 2015
71 Rashelle May 30, 2015

This sounds great! Also, I loved the tip for using up the pulp strained out of almond milk.

72 Sarah May 30, 2015

This recipe looks delicious! The photographs are so beautiful – some of your best work for sure in my opinion. ;)

73 Indigo Blue May 30, 2015

Oh my God, how amazing is this!
super delicious! First time I tried adding salt to my Chia Pudding – game changer! <3

74 janine May 31, 2015

Turns out Chia seeds have a very stupid habit of clogging up the sieve in the dishwasher. But I just can’t live without them. Well, I suppose I’ll just have to always lick the bowl clean. No problem!
I live in a house share, so there are always a few ups and down, particularly when it comes down to the kitchen. I love cooking and it seems to me that things taste best only after having made the biggest mess possible. It’s all organised chaos, of course! Everything has its purpose… °°-
Thank you Angela! Not just for this one, but in general. When I made the step to a plant based diet after having been veggie for a long time, your recipes and stories have saved me a number of times. I wish all the best in the world to you and your little family!

75 Laura May 31, 2015

I was so optimistic about this recipe, that I went right out and made chocolate and vanilla pudding. Imagine my disappointment when I tasted it and it was ‘off’. I added sugar to help, but just threw both batches out. Do you think this may be because I put the chia seeds into the vitamix first to grind them and then added the liquid? Am I using the wrong chia? Could it go bad? Help?

76 Brooke Weber May 31, 2015

Angela! I played that exact trick on my family about a year ago. My mom always makes fun of how when I’m in the kitchen, I never close any of the cabinets. So I decided to have a little fun with that. Everything was open save for the fridge; all cabinets and drawers, oven, microwave, both dishwashers, garbages. It looked nuts. My dad thought we were robbed and my mom was just really freaked out. So I totally get where your husband was coming from ;)

77 alicia May 31, 2015

Hahaha! Love this story. I leave kitchen cabinets open too. Notably the one above the stove where the spices are and my partner always inevitably bangs his head on it because he’s tall. I will never learn.

Looking forward to trying this recipe too. It looks delish, healthy and easy! Thank you :)

78 Lauren @ alovelysideproject.com June 1, 2015

I have been on an insane chia pudding for breakfast kick lately!!! I’ll definitely be working this into rotation. :)

For my latest smoothie bowl: http://alovelysideproject.com

xo, Lauren

79 Shazzy June 1, 2015

Ummmmm…..just wondering…..What’s with the swearing? I’ve always enjoyed your posts so much because of your awesome recipes, equally awesome story-telling ability and the “cleanness” of your descriptions.

80 Erena DiGonis June 1, 2015

This recipe sounds great and my favorite part is the presentation – it looks just beautiful!

81 Heather June 2, 2015

Hi Angela,
Just made the granola with some substitutions because of what was in the pantry. It is highly addictive! So good!

82 Romeo Denali June 2, 2015

Oh boy. You should fill the dishwasher with those multicolored pompoms you get at party stores. That, or with something antithetical to the vibe of Eric.

83 Megan June 2, 2015

I am so excited to order your first cookbook! Is there a way I can get the Canadian cover version? I LOVE that cover! But I live in the US.

84 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2015

Hi Megan,

If you order it from Amazon.ca they should ship it with a Canadian cover.

85 1 Hour Athlete June 3, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Looks delicious, just wondering do you have a rough nutrient breakdown of how many carbs / protein / fat are inside?

Thanks!

86 Gulcan June 4, 2015

Love your new heading, photos & updates on your ‘about me’ section!! Eric and you look lovely. Keep up the positivism, Angie! Best of luck for your second cookbook xx

87 robin June 4, 2015

Can’t seem to locate the ‘tip’ that gives the store bought almond milk recipe. How much almond milk should I use? Thanks!

88 Shashi at RunninSrilankan June 5, 2015

Haha – too funny about the cabinets – I tend to leave mine open as I cook/bake too – but then get mad at myself for doing so!
I am a huge fan of chia pudding – love this pairing with mango-banana-lime soft serve!

89 joseph muita June 5, 2015

wow lovely thanks for sharing..

90 Emily June 5, 2015

I tried this recipe the other night and it has a fishy taste. I have black chia seeds from Costco that are well within the use by date. What went wrong?

91 Lane June 8, 2015

Woah! Gourmet is right! This looks so amazing, as do all of your recipes.
xx Lane

92 Paige June 10, 2015

Such a great post! Your story was hilarious and the pudding looks delicious! Such a great way to use chia seeds. This could be a yummy breakfast or even dessert. Thanks for sharing!

93 Janey June 19, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I love chia seeds. And I’m gonna love making this pudding too. It looks delicious. You can just keep them in jars and snack on them anytime you want.

94 Katrina June 24, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Yum!!! I just made the banana-mango-lime soft serve by itself tonight and it is so good! Just hits the spot on a warm night. I will definitely be trying the whole pudding soon though! Thanks for sharing!

95 julia June 25, 2015

This looks so amazing i will try to make it myself..this article is making some of us to salivate…..a well prepared dish .. cogratulation.

96 Shelly June 26, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Ok, I see I’m not the only human who leaves open cupboard doors while working in the kitchen.

97 KCamille NATURALS June 29, 2015

This looks absolutely delish! I will definitely need to try this recipe over the summer. Any recipes using quinoa for desserts?

98 Owen Staples June 30, 2015

Wow!! How do you come up with all of these recipes?? Your own creations. They glow also! Can’t wait to try them.

99 Dianne July 19, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Please keep this one posted for the long haul. I have you as shortcut on my phone for regular use. I made this from scratch exactly. First time for granola and almond milk. Its soooo easy and everything turned out superbly. This nut milk bag is a great find! What an attractive and tasty summer breakfast! I will use this for guests. My only hitch was the chia seeds didnt want to expand as much as normal. What am I doing wrong here? I let them stand overnight….Also, is there a way to add calcium to the almond milk like the store has (my brand has 50%

100 Rebecca July 22, 2015
Recipe Rating:

So delicious. Mine turned out browner than in the pictures but think that was because I used dates for the sweetener. Really good on fresh fruit also.

101 kyra July 27, 2015

How do you read peoples reviews for your recipes? I’m sure there is something wrong with me b/c for the life of me I cannot figure it out!

102 Sara November 20, 2015

I do the same thing Im always leaving cupboards open it drives my family crazy but I agree its more efficient! Making this this afternoon with unsweetened store bought almond milk but just ordered the nut bag cant wait to try it with homemade like your recipe suggests.
Thanks!
Sara http://www.wholistickitchen.com

103 เมล็ดเจีย December 3, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Just want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity
in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you are an expert
on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your
RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

104 Scott February 20, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Chia seed puddings are a great addition to my breakfast menu. I do have to say that I get bored of smoothies.

105 Christine May 28, 2016

Where can I find this Banana-Mango-Lime Soft Serve recipe!? I’ve looked everywhere on this site!? It looks delicious. Thank you!!

106 Angela Liddon June 9, 2016

Hi Christine, It was actually a recipe I just came up with on a whim and didn’t post it anywhere, sorry about that!

107 Natasha May 30, 2016

This looks delicious but I have a quick (and probably very easily answered) question – what is that yellow custard-y looking cream that you’ve layered the pudding with? It’s such a pretty colour and looks amazing, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out what it is!

108 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 1, 2016

Hey Natasha, It’s been a while since I posted this, but I believe I made some kind of mango-banana soft serve in the food processor (simply process a frozen banana with some frozen mango and a splash of almond milk!) Hope this helps :)

109 Samuel Kazungu June 20, 2016

So delicious will try this.