Thursday Link Love

linklove

Still here. Still #readytopop! Food photography has been a bit of a challenge lately (it’s not easy bending over with a 39 week bump), so I thought it would be nice to change it up for today’s post. It’s been a while since I put together a link love or things I’m loving lately post, but I hope to feature more of these types of posts every once in a while.

Here are some recipes, articles, and other random links I’m enjoying lately – hope you enjoy them too!

Drooling over the thought of Roasted Sweet Potato Slices and Cilantro Pesto – The Kitchn

A green smoothie to celebrate end of season peaches – Leaves of Kale

A guide to September produce – Cookie and Kate

Looking at getting some Fruit and vegetable prints to brighten up the kitchen (these too) – Etsy

A delightful batch of pumpkin butter went down this weekend

10 Barn Doors in the Kitchen – The Kitchn

Chilly fall weather calls for comfort soup – Fat Free Vegan Kitchen

Down with these nut-free sunbutter cups – The Honour System

A handy guide to tofu – Oh My Veggies

Currently reading this Chickpea Magazine Fall 2014 digital issue

Loving this office space – Houzz via Pinterest

My first magazine cover photography featuring an OSG dessert recipe –  Low Sugar Living Magazine

Picking up some newborn photography tips in this book

An argument for eating the skin  – The Awl

An interview with the lovely Amanda from Pickles & Honey

12 Clever Ways to Enjoy Art in the Kitchen – The Kitchn

Can’t wait to try out these high-protein breakfast crêpes – Blissful Basil

1 Alex @ True Femme September 18, 2014

So excited for you, Angela!

2 Sarah September 18, 2014

Ekk! I kept wondering if the time came but sounds like soon. I love these types of posts, so its fun to see you doing them. I really like Gina’s Weekend Reading posts. Ok Nut Free Sun Butter cups here I come! Sending positive thoughts your way:) Congrats!!

3 Ksenia @ At the Immigrant's Table September 18, 2014

Thank you for these. I particularly agree with the ‘eat the peel’ piece. Coming from a house with two doctors, I’m used to everyone constantly touting the benefits of eating vegetable and fruit peels… I’m glad others are listening! Also, congrats on the magazine cover!

4 Laura @ Raise Your Garden September 19, 2014

I need to read the “eat the peel” piece asap. I had no idea! Always had the impression that peels were bad for you because they contained more pesticide. Eager to read and learn!! But of course if you bought organic, I guess it wouldn’t matter.

5 Ceara @ Ceara's Kitchen September 18, 2014

I can only imagine that food photography gets more difficult at this stage – so excited for you!! Loving this link love! Congrats on the magazine cover picture – it looks great! And I love the Comforting Soups from ‘Fat Free Vegan Kitchen’ – you can never go wrong with Susan’s recipes!

6 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! September 18, 2014

So many good links to check out!! Can’t wait to do some reading. PS: So excited for you!!!

7 Minna September 18, 2014

I get in the strangest positions when I’m photographing my food, so I can only imagine what that must have been like with a 39 week belly bump! Thanks for sharing these links- I loved Cookie and Kate’s September produce guide :)

8 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 18, 2014

hah glad I’m not the only one! It’ll be nice to be mobile again…and stand on chairs, hah :)

9 Abby @ The Frosted Vegan September 18, 2014

First of all, congrats on the magazine cover photography, gorgeous as usual! Second, best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I’m sure you are excited along with everything else, I can’t wait to see pictures of the little nugget : )

10 Jill September 18, 2014

Wow! Magazine cover looks great and that must be so exciting!
Thanks for sharing the links :) You’re so close!

11 K September 18, 2014

Great links! Any products or New food that you’re loving lately?

12 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 18, 2014

I have a post on those coming up – probably in early October :)

13 Molly September 18, 2014

Great links! Thanks for sharing what you have been loving lately! It’s nice to be reminded that we all are continuously learning, perfecting our skills and becoming inspired through others and that creativity doesn’t always come easily! Those prints are super cute! Congratulations on the magazine cover! Your photography is beautiful so I am excited for your pregnancy photos when the little one is born! :) I was in need of some ‘tofu’ guidance as my recipes are in a rut so this came at the perfect time! Can’t wait to try the sunflower butter cups only I’ll have to use soy nut (allergies!!).

14 Sharon September 18, 2014

Holy crap! So excited to be included, Angela. :) Thanks so much. We are sending you nothing but the best wishes for the arrival of the baby!

15 Jyo September 18, 2014

Hi Angela the other day I saw this magazine in fresh thyme market, I was screaming to my husband saying that this is damn sure Angela’s pic…I went to it and saw ohsheglows on the magazine, congrats….so happy for you…can’t wait to see your baby pics….wish u all the best and free delivery

16 Audrina @ Mindfully Audrina September 18, 2014

I love the guide to September produce and photography tips! Thanks for the links :)

17 Mickie September 18, 2014

Hi Angela!
Thanks for sharing these awesome links. I am so excited for all the great stuff that is happening to you! A baby on the way, featured in mags left right and center, and the Oh She Glows Cook book… Every single time I see a copy, or a reference made to it in a mag, I get sooo excited :). I’m a loyal reader, and very happy for you. Have a lovely day,
xoxo,
Mickie

18 Laura September 18, 2014

Hi Angela,
Congrats on the mag cover! Your photography is really so beautiful. Do you have any recommendations (i.e-photography books or websites) for those who are looking to improve their photo skills??
All the best to you.

19 Jen September 18, 2014

Loving the rustic look of the pantry door in The Kitchn’s barn door list. Thanks for providing such a variety of awesome links!

20 Britt September 18, 2014

Aw, Angela–thanks for the shout out! And many congrats on the magazine cover–it looks great! Thinking of you as these last days (hours, minutes?!) count down…. Best!

21 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 19, 2014

Ok, I’ve got my reading material all set for this weekend thanks to you, Ange! Thanks for this roundup, and huge congrats on the magazine cover – that photo is absolutely stunning. Keeping my fingers crossed for you over the next couple of days! :)

22 Emmy September 19, 2014

Shenanigans is one of my favorite words too :D I smile a little every time I hear it. English is my second language and when I heard it for the first time I started saying it all the time, like a kid learning a new word :)

23 Ella September 19, 2014

Squeeee! I am SO excited for you, Angela. The coming weeks are going to be amazing! Thanks for sharing this link roundup, I for one love posts like these where bloggers show what they’ve been loving elsewhere! Those etsy art prints are too cute. Have an awesome weekend!

24 Katrina September 19, 2014

Angela, I would love to know what makeup you use! You always look so stunning and natural in your Instagram photos!

25 Mary FS September 19, 2014

These are great links!! Thank you for sharing :)
I’m especially looking forward to trying the pressure cooker lentil soup – my hubby & I just bought a pressure cooker and haven’t used it yet.
The info on the various types of tofu is also helpful.
Haven’t had a chance to look at the other links as I’m at work. These were the two that caught my eye right off the bat, and I’ll check out the others later.

Have a great weekend, and blessings to you as you await your bundle of joy!

Mary FS

p.s. I’m loving the Oh She Glows cookbook – it’s my new go-to on my cookbook shelf :)

26 Kathy Sturr of the Violet Fern September 19, 2014

What a great list of links – thank you so much. I am going to enjoy some of these recipes – ALWAYS enjoy yours and reading the Chickpea Fall issue. I also loved browsing art in kitchens. I can’t believe you survived a kitchen reno pregnancy – that is bravery!

27 Lauren September 19, 2014

Thanks for the great reading materials! You have me set up for the weekend!

28 Ashley @ Blissful Basil September 19, 2014

I love those veggie prints, and congrats on your first magazine cover photo; it’s so fun hearing about all of the wonderful and exciting things happening for you. You deserve each and every bit of goodness. Thanks for always being an inspiration and for including one of my recipes in this amazing round-up! All the best to you :)

29 Laura Gross Smith September 19, 2014

Great links, thank you so much.

30 Stacey Davis September 19, 2014

Hi Angela,

Can’t wait for baby news:) We would love to send you some of our all natural deodorant. Let us know your fav scent and contact info and we will pop some in the mail for you xo

Stacey

31 Kate September 20, 2014

Angela, I’m so excited for you! Can’t wait to see pictures of your soon-to-be-here baby girl! I hope you are feeling well. Thank you so much for the link love. Thinking of you!

32 Kristen September 21, 2014

Angela, Hi..I just made your Ultimate Green tacos with lentil walnut meat…AWESOME! Sooo good! My husband loves them too. I put fresh avocado, hot salsa, green onions, and a little daiya cheddar on them! Sooo good! You’re amazing! You mentioned substituting toasted sunflower seeds for the walnuts…would you suggest using 1 cup just like the walnuts? You must be getting excited! You look amazing! Good luck! Thank you soooo much! Kristen

33 Lauren @ Beautiful Plant-Based Life September 22, 2014

Thanks for sharing the link love… I am eager to read up!

Also, I remember that you are a yoga lover like me. I’m wondering if you continued to practice throughout your pregnancy? Thinking of you! :-)

34 Brittany September 22, 2014

Angela! Just tried the sweet potato recipe and omg drool* amazing

35 Nourish Nature September 23, 2014

Everything on your blog is amazing!

36 Bianca September 23, 2014

I love this roundup! Thanks so much for sharing all these fabulous links… it is so inspiring to see what all these amazing bloggers are doing! <3

37 DessertForTwo September 24, 2014

Aww, I’m sorry you can’t photograph food. I know how frustrating that must be :( Thanks for the link round up! Everything looks great :)

38 Maria September 24, 2014

Hi! My name is Maria, and I am the editorial assistant at KrisCarr.com. We are stepping up our recipe game at KrisCarr.com, and we would love to feature your recipes regularly on the website (with credit and link to you, of course).

It’s fairly simple. I would choose recipes you have already posted that are appropriate for our readers and post them on KrisCarr.com regularly. They would then be posted in our newsletter and on our social media outlets for your increased exposure.

Please e-mail me back if you’d like to be a regular contributor.

Thank you!

39 Carrie (This Fit Chick) September 24, 2014

Love the link loving! I’m going to head over and check out the sun butter cups- those are calling my name!