18 + 19 Weeks

18 weeks:

18weeks   18 + 19 Weeks

19 weeks:

19weeks3   18 + 19 Weeks

Nope, it’s not just the horizontal stripes, the belly has popped! Apparently, baby is around 6 inches now, or the size of a mango. This probably explains why I’ve been so hungry lately.

The highlight of this week was finding out the sex at the anatomy scan. We’re currently sharing the news with family and friends and then I’ll share it on here shortly. We also found out that baby has some long legs (measuring at 21 weeks) so he/she might take after Eric who has legs for days. hah. Definitely not a trait of my own! I’m also feeling a lot of movement in bursts throughout the day – nothing very pronounced yet, but it feels like little gas bubbles floating around and it’s pretty darn cool.

cravings this week: fresh mango, coconut water, toasted bread with strawberry jam and almond butter, salt & vinegar green beans

Nursery planning officially begins in 3…2…1….

Pinterest here I come.

Adie April 30, 2014

You look so beautiful! What an exciting time. It brings back memories from when I was pregnant with my boys.

Ashley May 1, 2014

That is one adorable bump! <3 <3

Zana May 1, 2014

Congrats! Love your top! Where did you get it? I am 18 weeks. Now I have a craving for salt and vinegar green beans.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 1, 2014

Congrats!
It was a gift from my mom from “A Pea In The Pod” (February)- I have one in light blue too. Comfiest shirt ever and a great transition piece into summer since the sleeves are just past the elbows and the material is light weight. :) Not sure if they still carry it, but you might be able to find something similar.

Robyn B | Modern Day Missus May 1, 2014

Angela – you’re looking amazing and I’m so happy for you. Congratulations.

Robyn xx

Olivia May 1, 2014

Thanks for these detailed posts, unfortunately the miracle of childbirth is one I won’t be able to experience, so reading about it so intimately is truly appreciated. Thanks for sharing such a special and private part of your lives!!

Jacquelynn May 2, 2014

So exciting! I can’t wait to hear the gender… Are you doing a gender reveal party?

Brynn May 2, 2014

I am nineteen weeks on Monday and can definitely see the bump coming out, too! This pregnancy business is crazy. We started planning the nursery this week. Pottery Barn offers in-home design. The lady I worked with in the store came over to measure the room, talk all things baby, color and wants/needs and created a Pinterest board and floor plans. It is making this a breeze (and super fun!).

Lauren May 2, 2014

Angela,

As a long, long, longtime reader, I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am for you. Can’t wait to find out whether you are having a boy or a girl! And it’s great to see that you are having such healthy cravings! This article might interest you, if you haven’t seen it already:

npr.org/blogs/health/2014/04/29/307787984/moms-diet-right-before-pregnancy-can-alter-babys-genes

Beth Fischer May 2, 2014

Your bump is so cute! Can’t wait to hear if it’s a boy or a girl.

mish May 3, 2014

How exciting! The first little movements, they felt like a goldfish flipping around, was fun. I have been enjoying “PregTastic” podcasts on itunes. Jenna first got me onto them. They had a great 45 minute one about planning a nursery which was cool. It’s kinda nice sometimes to listen to stuff, take what you want and what works for you. Enjoy the second trimester it’s great. Oh and there will be days when all you do is eat, eat, and eat :) I craved peaches for about a month.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 3, 2014

Thanks, I’ll be sure to check out those podcasts!

Laurie May 3, 2014

You look so adorable…..and so happy. Children are such a beautiful gift!!

Katie May 3, 2014

Awwwwww how sweet!!

Kate May 4, 2014

Hi Angela – I LOVE your blog – the smoked red lentil and tomato soup may just be my favourite soup ever! I used so many of your recipes to cook and freeze when getting ready for my little babe Violet (6 weeks old now). Because I think you are so awesome I wanted to share a couple of books I loved during pregnancy – I have no doubt you will rock your labour like nobody’s business, and you may already know about these books, but I found the following three books to be sooooo helpful at making me feel like I could actually do it (without scaring me)! The books are: The Birth Partner (for my hubby to read ;)), Birthing from Within, and Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth. Sorry if this sounds like unsolicited advice – I just wanted to share some of the love and wisdom I found helpful. Hugs to you and your beautiful growing family. Babies really are the best :)

k May 4, 2014

Congrats!! Have been following your blog forfour years and every recipe I have tried has turned out great!!
Such exciting news that you’re having a girl!! I myself have a daughter who is 10 months old. This will be my first mother’s day as a mom. The joy my daughter brings me every single day is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. My husband and I feel so incredibly blessed. You will love motherhood and enjoy pregnancy too… Such a special time. :)

k May 4, 2014

Pinterest was my best friend in planning my nursery!Etsy has great one of a kind items for nursery;)

Ruth May 4, 2014

Thanks for the update. Maybe this is TMI, but as a person with an “apple” shape, I’m always scared people will think my belly is a baby bump and start asking me awkward questions. It’s comforting to see that a true bump looks very different! You look great, as always!

P.S. Recently my husband’s doctor noted that he is officially overweight. He is a consistent soda drinker. I often think of Eric and how he stopped soda a long while back. He is hope to me that my hubby’s health can change, too! I’m also thankful that my husband loves all of your recipes when I make them. :-). We swapped your 60-Second Berry Sorbet yesterday instead of ice cream.

Christabel May 4, 2014

Oh! These posts make me feel nostalgic and my baby is only 7 months old! You’re making me want to have another one!

You really do look great and I’m glad you’re feeling great. I was crazy for pineapple around that time too. When I got to 41 weeks and was still pregnant, I ate pineapple and pineapple core to help induce labor. I went into labor at 41.5 weeks so I think it helped! It definitely didn’t hurt. :) (don’t eat the core now!)

Hailey May 5, 2014

Angela, congratulations!! You look fabulous! I am 22 weeks and it is amazing how much stronger the kicks have gotten and I think I can tell the difference now from the baby spinning around and a kick or punch. I can already tell this baby has a LOT of energy! It is absolutely amazing to be able to feel the baby getting bigger and stronger.

I had a question for you – in the post where you revealed that you were pregnant, you had the cutest ‘I love my dad’ onesie. I was thinking of getting one like that for my husband for father’s day. We are going to be surprised by the gender, so I liked that the onesie was gender neutral. I tried searching for one online and didn’t find one I liked.

Thanks!

Hailey May 5, 2014

I guess I should have asked the question – where did you get the onesie? :-)

Em @ Love A Latte May 5, 2014

You look awesome! Yay so exciting finding out the gender!

Mary May 5, 2014

Your recipes got me through my pregnancy!! Congratulations, and all te best for a healthy pregnancy!!

Jaclyn May 6, 2014

Angela, I’m SO excited for you and Eric. I didn’t realize you were posting here and not on the homepage so I’m pleased to be able to follow your journey.
Sending you so much love!