Winter Wonderland

IMG 4576   Winter Wonderland

While we’re getting unpacked from the holiday and gearing up for NYE celebrations, I thought I’d share some pictures. The week started off with a bad ice storm and a big power outage, but thankfully things improved from there and we enjoyed a great Christmas in the end. You’ll see some of the ice-covered branches and broken trees below.

photo 7   Winter Wonderland

winterphotography   Winter Wonderland

IMG 4533   Winter Wonderland

winterphorography2   Winter Wonderland

photo 3   Winter Wonderland

IMG 4575   Winter Wonderland

photo 1   Winter Wonderland

photo 9   Winter Wonderland

[Granola Nut Clusters!]

photo3   Winter Wonderland

psst – There’s still time to enter the Whole Foods and Chickpea Magazine giveaway.

Alex @ Kenzie Life December 28, 2013

Those pictures are gorgeous!

Lou December 28, 2013

Awww!! Who’s puppy?? So cute!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 28, 2013

That’s Benny – my brother in laws dog. He’s a senior. Poor thing has been through a lot this year, including a car accident and broken leg, but he has bounced back better than we expected at his old age. He’s a puppy at heart for sure.

glowingbil December 30, 2013

Thanks for the Benny-love :). Silly dog was using the bushes as a backscratcher

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2013

gift idea for his bday? hah

Kayla Moothart December 28, 2013

It might have been inconvenient for a while but it sure made for some amazing pictures to have all of that ice!

Kate December 28, 2013

Lovely! The shot of the seagulls is definitely my favorite. Happy Holidays!

Alisha @ Gluten Free Perspective December 28, 2013

Beautiful! Sometimes, I wish I lived in a place that got wintry weather, but then I remember I’m southern to the core and would likely die of the cold so I live vicariously through blog posts like this one haha :)

Have fun with the NYE celebrations!

Nicole December 28, 2013

I love Winter landscapes, they’re so pretty. I just don’t like driving in snow.. or having to bundle up just to go outside, lol.

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate December 28, 2013

We get a ton of snow out west here in Calgary but never ice storms like that! Unreal!

Claire @ Karats and Kale December 28, 2013

Your photography is always gorgeous! I’ve been a big fan of your recipes for a long time now. I just made Peanut Butter Balls and they were absolutely delicious! I’m so glad you had a great Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 28, 2013

Hey Claire, I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed them! I think I had a dream about them last night. Not weird at all, right? hah. Thanks for trying them out!

Stefanie December 28, 2013

Beautiful! Snow and ice is so pretty to look at, but… gosh, I need some more hot tea after looking at these. Love the pictures of you too, so pretty!
Happy New Year!

Kathy December 28, 2013

Beautiful photos!!
Whose kitties are those? So cute!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope December 28, 2013

Gorgeous photos!! I lived in Wisconsin for 20 years, and I have to admit I miss the snow this time of year now that I’m in Texas!

Melanie December 28, 2013

Great pictures! I love your boots in that one of you. I can’t make out the brand… Would you mind sharing? :)

kristen December 28, 2013

Wonderful photos!

Shel@PeachyPalate December 28, 2013

Stunning pics!!!

Beth December 28, 2013

Where do you live that the scenery is so beautiful. Also, are the two cats and dog yours? Beautiful pictures! I’m new to your blog and I love already!

kimmythevegan December 28, 2013

Wow – gorgeous pictures Angela! I was sad to hear of the ice storm as it caused a lot of issues for people, but it sounds like many were able to make the best of it.
I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

Erin December 28, 2013

Hi Angela!
These are gorgeous winter pictures! But I’m also writing because I’m moving to Boston in January and have lived most of my life in TX! I’m quite scared of the snow and cold due to raynauds syndrome. Your snow boots look warm and cozy. Could you tell me which brand/ store you got them from? Thanks!

Catherine @ foodiecology December 28, 2013

So, so beautiful! As someone who’s seen snow only about 4 times in my life (coastal Alabama resident here), I’m fascinated by this scenery (but not the power outages, although we do get those during hurricane season). Hope your Christmas was fabulous, and I wish you a wonderful new year!

Andrea December 29, 2013

Wow, those photos are absolutely gorgeous!! I wish it was soldiery where I am, hopefully by New Years we’ll have some powder :)

Laura-Jane December 29, 2013

Great winter shots! We’ve pretty much got the same weather here, and more on the way. Love the kitty-cats – they know where it’s toasty and comfy!

Bonnie December 29, 2013

I am so glad you fared o.k. with the storm. Your pictures are beautiful.

Shan December 29, 2013

Gorgeous photos. The ice storm was sure something else. I can’t believe some people are still without power! We were out about 28 hours and that felt stressful enough.

Also love your boots. So hard to find attractive vegan boots. Can you share the brand?

Happy New Year!

Cheryl December 29, 2013

What beautiful pictures. Thank you for using your gift of photography to share such beauty.

Lori December 29, 2013

Your photos are beautiful! Would you mind sharing what camera you use to take these wonderful pictures?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 29, 2013

Hi Lori, These pictures were taken with the Canon 7D with their 24-105 f4 lens. Thanks for your kind words!

Morgan December 29, 2013

I love all your beautiful photos :-) I don’t have any snow here in NC so it’s great to see these!

Laurie Clement December 29, 2013

Your pictures are beautiful! I love snow but never get to see it living here in South Louisiana. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Brittany December 29, 2013

What beautiful pictures! I have been meaning to bring my camera along with me when I take my dog for a walk. The snow and ice is so inspirational and beautiful, it’s begging to be captured!!

Emily C. December 29, 2013

I love your photos. I’ll add to a previous commenter’s request for any info about your cute green snow boots. Thanks!

Sandra December 29, 2013

Beautiful pics! I have family up there and they had their hydro for Christmas, thank goodness! I made your Sinless Sticky Toffee Pecan Pudding for Christmas and my family LOVED it!!! As a matter of fact, they want me to make it every week! Haha! Dont know about that one, but I will make it for every special occasion from now on for sure! Thanks for the great recipes! Your website is my favourite food site by far! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 29, 2013

Hey Sandra, Aw I’m so happy you all enjoyed it! Its a fav of ours too. :) Happy New Year!

Luv What You Do December 29, 2013

Those pictures are stunning! Looks like an awesome holiday!

Crista January 5, 2014

gorgeous photos! I love! xox

Adrienne January 15, 2014

Angela, these pictures are all too beautiful. You really have a good eye and a way of capturing things (on film) just perfectly. I hope you had a nice (and restful) holiday !!

Patti February 6, 2014

I missed these over the holidays…looking at them now, they REALLY have an aura of the silent beauty of nature! You’ve have captured something special, so peaceful and elegant.

Living in Southern California, it’s difficult to get that kind of sense, especially this year when we have not had any winter.

I’m so glad I just happened to find these today!