Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

pineapplebakedoatmeanvegan 4473   Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

If Pineapple Upside Down Cake was morphed into breakfast, this would be it.

Shredded coconut, rolled oats, pineapple, banana, and a shot of coconut rum for good measure, makes this one of the tastiest oatmeal recipes to ever cross my lips. The coconut rum accents the tropical flavours in the dish, but you can always leave it out if you need to. Rum extract or coconut extract would work fine too I’m sure.

Cinnamon and ginger add to the party-in-your-mouth! Oh and it’s a party I tell ya.

pineapple 2718   Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

This baked oatmeal is sure to win over a crowd and it would be a lovely addition to a brunch menu. Try serving it with some whipped coconut cream to really take it up a notch. Rest assured though, it tastes amazing without any toppings at all. This isn’t one of those baked oatmeal’s that you need to add a bunch of things on top to make it taste good. It’s absolutely amazing served plain straight from the dish.

pineapplebakedoatmeal   Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

pineapplebakedoatmeanvegan 4428   Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

Throwing it together only takes about 10 minutes and then you’ll need to bake it for about an hour. The smell when you pull it from the oven is just heavenly – the wait was sure worth it.

Once it’s baked the most challenging part is letting it cool down for about 10-15 minutes before digging in. More waiting, I know, but that baby is sizzling h-o-t. When you take it out of the oven, it will look under baked in some parts, but this is totally normal (I reassure myself this multiple times a week in the kitchen!). When it’s still warm it has the texture of stove-top oatmeal (with firm edges), but once it cools completely it’s fairly solid and firm, like a soft oatmeal square. I gave the pineapple rounds a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and coconut sugar before going in the oven – never a bad idea!

pineapplebakedoatmeal2   Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

pineapplebakedoatmeanvegan 4435   Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

Vegan, oil-free, soy-free, gluten-free (only if using gluten-free oats)

Email, text, or print this recipe

Serves 6

Dry ingredients:

• 1.5 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup oat flour
  • 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt

Wet ingredients:

• 2.5 cups almond milk (or coconut milk)
  • 3-4 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste
  • 2 tbsp coconut rum (optional – or try 1/2-1 tsp rum extract or coconut extract)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 large banana (or two small), peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
  • 6 fresh pineapple rings (about 1/2-inch thick)

1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 2 or 2.5 quart baking dish. I used a 2.5 quart baking dish (10 cup) and it was a tad bit large, so I think 2 quart would work just fine.

2. Stir all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.

3. Add the wet ingredients (milk, maple syrup, optional coconut rum or extract, and vanilla) into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Fold in the chopped banana and chopped pineapple.

4. Pour oatmeal mixture into the baking dish and spread out evenly. Place the 6 pineapple rings on top of the oatmeal and sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut sugar (or other granulated sugar).

5. Bake at 350F, uncovered, for 55-65 minutes or until the oatmeal is golden and firm in some spots, but still soft in others. Allow the oatmeal to cool in the dish for 10-15 minutes before digging in. Serve with whipped coconut cream to take this dish over the top!

Nutritional Info

pineapplebakedoatmeanvegan 4442   Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

If you’re looking for other oatmeal breakfast recipes, check out these below:

Flourless Strawberry Apple Breakfast Crisp & On the Glo Basic Oatmeal Squares:

veganoatmealrecipes   Tropical Pineapple Boozy Baked Oatmeal

And now leftovers are calling my name…

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Terra May 10, 2013

Happy Friday! That looks yummy! :)

Nicole May 10, 2013

I love that Eric is your hand model sometimes! Wish I could get Blake to do the same ;)

Are you celebrating your birthday this weekend or next? Either way, I hope you have a fantastic weekend. See you soon.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2013

hah – he’s not the most eager hand model. The pay really sucks, but he gets paid with food so I guess that helps. ;)
My birthday is on the 16th – we’ll have to celebrate both our birthdays in a few weeks!

Abby @ The Frosted Vegan May 10, 2013

I love the pineapple cutting picture, what a model you have! This looks crazy good!

Katie @ The Almost Vegan May 10, 2013

OH MY GOODNESS!! You just made my day! I was just talking with my mom about Pineapple Upside Down Cake … it was my fave as a kid and have not had it in YEARS! I must make this one asap! Thank you!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2013

Glad to hear that – hope you enjoy as much as we did!

Kelly @ Vegan Iowan May 10, 2013

Just when I thought every possible oatmeal recipe had been thought of, you come up with this! Looks fantastic and like a wonderful variation on the typical bland breakfast. I’m going on a tropical vacation next week and this looks like the perfect pick-me-up when we return to the cold!

LisaR @ Who Stole My Baby? May 10, 2013

Yum. Pineapple slices look like those hole-protector stickers to me, though. I think I’ve worked in an office too long when my breakfast starts to look like office supplies.

Lillian @ Seize the Latte May 10, 2013

OMG, that made me laugh out loud. I’d never thought of the connection before, but you’re totally right!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2013

That’s funny – they kinda do! I thought they looked a bit like boobs hah.

Mai-Lis @ A Sunshiny Day May 10, 2013

Oh my gosh, this looks amazing! I thought I had left oatmeal behind for the summer months, but I may have to bring it back and get into a tropical state of mind. Yum!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 10, 2013

This oatmeal looks beautifully delicious! It would be perfect for a Mothers Day brunch. And I love your background, is it turquoise cement? Makes me think of the Caribbean and vacation, sigh.

Lillian @ Seize the Latte May 10, 2013

Oh, that looks amazing! Oats + booze = always a win. (IMHO, at least.) :) Happy Friday, and have an awesome weekend!

Lauren May 10, 2013

Hi! I was wondering what brand of baking dish is used in these pictures?!

Thanks :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2013

Hey Lauren, It says “Strawberry Street” on the bottom – it’s from Winners or Homesense :)

Amanda @SpiritualSweat May 10, 2013

Holy moly are my eyes seeing this correctly?!! This looks amazing! Looks like I’ve found my weekend breakfast… :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 10, 2013

I LOVE roasting or just sauteing pineapple. I put it in my TVP oatmeal with coconut… baked is just brilliant though! Sounds like a great Mother’s Day to me! :)

Dara May 10, 2013

This looks outstanding. Although I’m slightly thrown off by the banner add that encourages me to “wake up to eggs!”

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2013

Hi Dara,
Thanks for letting me know – we can’t see the ads that are run in the US and elsewhere, but we do block as many non-vegan brands as possible (we literally have hundreds blocked!) with our ad hosts. If you email me a screenshot of the ad (or better yet the URL) this will help in locating it so it can be removed. Send it to press[at]ohsheglows[dot]com
thanks for your help!

Sarah @ Yogi in Action May 10, 2013

This looks beautiful and tasty! Perfect for a Mothers Day brunch this weekend. Thanks for the great idea :)

Jesse (OutToLunchCreations) May 10, 2013

This looks delicious, its making me hungry and lunch is so far away! I love the pineapple, rum and coconut combo, its such a great idea to turn it into an oatmeal dish. I made overnight oats with dried mango and coconut a couple weeks ago and it was delicious, I’m sure mango would taste great in this recipe as well.

Ashlee@HisnHers May 10, 2013

Oh my gosh. I think this is the best recipe I’ve seen in LONG time. I CANT WAIT to try it!! Mmmmm

Erin @ The Grass Skirt May 10, 2013

As always, this sounds amazing! I might have to make it on Mother’s Day. :)

Erika @ balancedspoon.com May 10, 2013

This looks fabulous and made my stomach start growling. Yummmy ;)

Chef Amber Shea May 10, 2013

Booze at breakfast…you just reaffirmed you are my kinda girl. :P

Jenni May 10, 2013

Yum, coconut and pineapple. Always a winning combination! I’m liking the addition of cinnamon here!

Marcie@flavorthemoments May 10, 2013

I’ve made two different versions of baked oatmeal, and loved them. This one looks very fun and those flavors would have me in tropical paradise.

heidi May 10, 2013

Oh my! It looks so good! I honestly don’t know how you come up with your recipes – they are so delicious :) I am definitely going to make this pineapple baked oatmeal one of the Next days.

Katy @ Katy's Kitchen May 10, 2013

I think you’ve given the mimosa a run for its money here. Coconut rum in oatmeal? That sounds even more delicious than coconut rum in a cocktail. ;)

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 10, 2013

This oatmeal sounds wonderful! Can’t wait to try it out!

Josephine May 10, 2013

Wow, I really want this! But waiting so long for breakfast? When I get up I feel like “I need food, nooow!” :D Hmm, maybe I’ll just make it for dinner some time.

Krista Jett May 10, 2013

yum! I can’t wait to try this! Here in Rwanda we get fresh pineapple every day. It’s amazing and this recipe is perfect. I think some chopped macademia nuts could add a nice crunch to the top. Maybe I’ll try that little addition. Thanks!

Kat May 10, 2013

This looks perfectly delicious, and what a great breakfast for summer!

Alex @ Delicious-Knowledge.com May 10, 2013

This looks fantastic!! I love the tropical twist on oatmeal, definitely making this soon!

Katrin - therawfoodsisters.com May 10, 2013

What a great idea! Love the pics :) You are such an inspiration!

James May 10, 2013

This just looks AMAZING. I’ll have to try it soon!

Christa @ Edible Balance May 10, 2013

Oh man… once I am able to have these foods again I will be all over this!! Crossing fingers that I will be able to :) just gorgeous!

Tiffany May 10, 2013

Sounds delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

How did you cut the whole pineapple into those beautiful rings? Can you please do a tutorial? :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2013

I will certainly keep it in mind – Eric is the pro at it! :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 10, 2013

This is the best take on oatmeal ever! Pineapple is a fave of mine ( I made a Hawaiian Bread overnight French Toast Bake with Pineapple & Mango a month or so ago) – but the boozy part pushes it over the good edge. Love it!

Emily @ The Sunny Studio May 10, 2013

This looks divine! My version of baked oatmeal is very plain (and I add PB&J or other toppings to spice it up), but I love this fancier version!! Definitely something I would serve to guests for a fun summery brunch. Thanks!

J @ Chocolate Covered Chickpeas May 10, 2013

This is such a creative take on baked oatmeal! Definitely going to pick up a pineapple on my next visit to the grocery store!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 10, 2013

Ooh boozy breakfasts! I like it! As a former coconut loather, I can’t seem to get enough of it these days and love love love the pineapple combo. Is Eric’s payment as your hand model first dibs on taste testing? ;) Have a great weekend Ange!

Jeanette May 10, 2013

Dang, that looks good! It’s all my favorites mixed up in one dish! I am going to have to find an occasion to use this recipe soon.

Cole May 10, 2013

I have a recent obsession with coconut. I will definitely be trying this recipe.

Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} May 10, 2013

I love baked oatmeal, this looks spectacular!

Keri May 10, 2013

Pineapple upside down cake is sooo good. And makes me want to watch 50 first dates :)

I can’t wait to try this recipe!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Page 1 of 212»