Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30-16}

At the end of each year, I love to look back and see which recipes were the most popular. I usually have a good idea based on your feedback, but it’s nice to delve into Google Analytics and see which recipes were clicked on the most. Plus, I have a horrible memory. These days I can hardly remember what I made last week, let alone 12 months ago. From looking at this list, it looks like a nice balance of everyday eats with healthy but indulgent treats – just the way I like to eat in my day-to-day life. I think we’d get along just fine…..juuuuust fine.

Top Recipes from 2012 (#30-16)

#30. Falafel with a Twist

#21 Homemade Rolo Knock-Offs

homemade rolos 7159 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#20. Oh Mega Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies

breakfast cookies 6154 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#19. Sundried Tomato Cheezy Kale Chips

kale chips 9725 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#18. Back On track Green Monster (Banana free)

green monster 8139 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#17. Crispy Baked Onion Rings

baked onion rings 7789 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#16. Endurance Crackers

endurance crackers 7234 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

The top 15 recipes will be coming up sometime next week, so keep your eyes peeled.

Have you made anything from this list? How did it go?

christy January 4, 2013

the homemade vegan Bailey’s was a nice treat for us on New Years Eve :) The next day we blended up the leftovers with ice in the Ninja and that was a yummy frosty treat.

Andrea @ Vegvacious January 4, 2013

I’ve made your crispy tofu sticks and I love them! It’s a nice “treat” on a Friday night when I’m feeling like having junk food, but don’t want to waste a bunch of calories. I know it isn’t vegan, but these are swoon-worthy when dipped in honey mustard! :-)

a farmer in the dell January 4, 2013

the lightened up sundried tomato pesto. It’s a go-to for me!

Brigid January 4, 2013

Happy to say I helped with the analytics on endurance crackers A LOT.

Sarah Gail January 4, 2013

From the list I made your falafels and lightened up sundried tomato basil pasta- both big hits! We’ve made the pasta multiple times, and I passed both recipes on to my brother who is looking for ways to utilize his food processor. Thanks! Currently on the hunt to make a special dinner & dessert tomorrow to celebrate 4 years vegan!

AKwan January 4, 2013

The only one I’ve tried from the list is freezer fudge, but my coworker specifically requested that I make an extra batch of them for him and was shocked when I told him that there were no eggs or dairy in it. Omnivores: 0, Vegans: 1.

The falafel looks delicious.

Bekka January 4, 2013

the Spiced Red Lentil soup is one of my all time favorite OSG recipes. My boyfriend, an avid carnivore, loves it too. Thanks so much for all of the amazing recipes, you have made meals at my house so much more interesting and delicious!

Kari@Loaves n Dishes January 4, 2013

Every single one of these recipes looks A-maz-ing!

Sally DeHart January 4, 2013

Usually I go toward the savory dishes (like the yummy Lentil/Kale soup!) but I just made the Rolos and they are also amazing! I can’t wait to buy your book and see all of the great recipes in it, and I will continue to follow your blog in 2013!

Sharla January 4, 2013

Dates are FINALLY available around here (only happens like once a year within a 200 mile radius)!! I’m so excited about those rolos I might cry.

Erin January 4, 2013

I’ve made about a half dozen things from your blog over the last month or so. The lentil and kale soup was a huge hit and I’ve made it three times. I first discovered your site and made the sinless toffee pudding and that was out of this world. I’ve also made the detox salad and some other things that were great. Tonight I’m following your recipe for spaghetti squash with your almond and pecan parm and kale (mix and match is how I roll..haha).

I also wanted to say how much discovering your blog has helped me. Around the same time that I found your blog (maybe out 3 months ago), my therapist helped me to finally admit that I have disordered eating and exercise (I call it my eating and exercise weirdness). Healing is a process and having these outstanding recipes has truly helped me!

Luv What You Do January 4, 2013

Wow, Everything on this list looks incredible…it’s hard to know where to start : )
Looking forwar to seeing the other half of the list!

Ashley @ Blissful Basil January 4, 2013

Love the reminiscent post of 2012 favorites. Your recipes are always beautiful and delicious and my non-veg husband has become a believer in vegan food thanks to many of your creations. Looking forward to reading about and making whatever tasty masterpieces you create in 2013!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 4, 2013

Gah I’ve just eaten dinner but now you’ve got me craving the oatmeal squares!! I actually just made falafels the other day, but I’m going to check out your recipe too!

Heather Joy January 4, 2013

I have a pot of the lentil soup simmering right now! It has already become a family favorite, even for my pickiest eater!

Herbivore Triathlete January 4, 2013

I made several batches of the tomato basil pesto and still have one jar in the freezer! I was actually thinking about pulling it out the other night…

I made the rolo knock offs shortly after they were posted and not only did I love them, so did my kids!

I’ve also made the crispy breaded tofu strips, we call them “Tofu Tenders” at my house. They’ve actually replaced chicken nuggets for my youngest as she prefers them over the frozen bagged nuggets.

The endurance crackers and the red lentil, kale and tomato soup are both on my to-make list. I’m also loving the looks of the oatmeal squares!

Meghann B January 4, 2013

The lentil kale soup was so good that it has now become a staple in my repertoire. It’s easy to make and leftovers freeze great.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 4, 2013

All of these recipes look so good. I don’t know how I would ever decide what to make first! I will definitely be bookmarking this post :).

Willow January 4, 2013

Happy 2013! I’ve only tried the soup of those recipes, and it was lovely! I’d love to try the others, they all sound incredible… especially those onion rings. I’m a sucker for good onion rings, but rarely order them because it’s so hard to find them done well. I’m all for a healthier version, too!

Vegan Radhika Sarohia January 4, 2013

Yess!!:)
Have made many of these and many are still on my list of things to make for the first time
Those onion rings were the very first things I made from this blog–I think those were how I found this blog, actually, from Googling vegan onion ring recipe

Heather Joy January 4, 2013

I forgot to say that I always add carrots to the lentil kale soup. Delicious!

Michelle DePolo January 5, 2013

Spiced kale and lentil soup….soooooo good.
I also really like Krispy twix bars. Huge hit for thanksgiving!

Denise January 5, 2013

Love your site and recipes! Btw, you can order Chia seeds from Amazon.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 5, 2013

Ohh, everything looks good, but the oatmeal bars are calling me! On my must make list!

Michelle January 5, 2013

Hi Angela,

I’m reading your blog often and it’s very inspiring reading not only your recipies but also some stuff about your life :)

I was very curious if your kids are gonna be vegan as well ? Very curious…

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2013

Thanks Michelle, I’m glad you are enjoying the blog!
If we do have kids someday, that will be for them to decide. Of course, our house is mostly plant-based now (except for dairy milk that Eric uses), but if they go to friends and have meat or ice cream or what have you, that will be their call. Kids need to be kids and try new things, I understand this. Hopefully being raised in a house with a vegan focus, they will grow up loving those foods anyway.

Vegan Radhika SArohia January 6, 2013

^ I’m nowhere near having kids but if I were to have them, my approach would be the same as this. I’d just let them make up their own mind, in general.

Michelle January 10, 2013

Thanks Angela for your reply. You mentioned before that Eric eats meat once in a while. Do you think he will want the kids to try it? I’m very curious what he thinks about kids being vegan. And how he ended up not eating meat anymore…. My fiance is not a vegan and he is not very happy about me wanting to rise them in a vegan home. He even says that he will learn how to cook meat in order to feed his kids…Of course its their choice what they are gonna eat later on, but I wanted to introduce them to a vegan lifestyle first. If they decide to eat meat after, then I totally understand.

(Our home is currently vegan. My fiance eats non vegan stuff at work and whenever he has a chance to eat out. But besides that he could care less if there is meat at home. He’s happy with my cooking…)

Katie January 5, 2013

Given how often I stop by the blog, I can’t believe I’ve never tried any of these recipes! Lentil soup is on my list for this coming Monday, and I totally need to try those onion rings!

Has anyone ever eaten the oatmeal bars during long runs?? I’m a marathoner and I only eat “real food” on long runs. Right now I’m been eating Nutri-grain bars… more real than gu, but still not that real.

Hollie January 5, 2013

Thank you for all of the delicious recipes. Your site is definitely my “go to” site and I’ve made many of your recipes! From this list, I’ve made the falafels, rolos, twix bars, peppermint patties, green monsters, baked tofu, and the lentil soup (I used green but it still turned out SOOOOO good and is one of my families favorites). Endurance crackers are next on my list and I’m currently munching on a small jar of baked oatmeal with homemade butter – both your recipes! Thank you for all you do! Can you recommend any other yummy vegan websites that you enjoy?

Hollie January 5, 2013

*pumpkin* butter :)

Carrie @ Kiss My Whisk January 5, 2013

Many of these are going on my to make list, can’t wait for the next 15!

Lia @ Sojourning January 5, 2013

It’s always nice to get a reminder of your recipes. You have posted so many that this is a great refresher. I’ve made the Bailey’s and the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta. I WANT to make the baked onion rings. I used to hate onion rings, probably because I hated onions as a kid, but now I love them! I just hate the fried oily part. I totally forgot you had these in your recipes. Thanks again!

Kenzie January 5, 2013

Make some version of the Green Monster daily… Now it’s time to try out some cheesy kale chips! Thanks for all the great ideas:)

Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian January 5, 2013

The Endurance crackers sound great; making crackers would be a first.

Elisa Lipton @ Beach Girl Abroad/Elisa Yoga January 5, 2013

Ah, you are such an inspiration! Thank you for this list…I just made an Asian Superfood Soup…the Crispy Tofu Strips will be PERFECT to go on the side ;)

Cara January 5, 2013

LOVED the freezer fudge. It turned out I didn’t process the almonds enough (fear of generating butter) so the end result was very crumbly instead of cohesive and fudgy (be warned) but it still tasted delicious!

Ella January 5, 2013

Making the Tomato Lentil Kale Soup this weekend! Can’t wait! Thanks so much for your recipes :-)

Lauren @ Gourmet Veggie Mama January 5, 2013

That red lentil soup is the BOMB. It’s one of my go-tos (with a few small tweaks, of course… I am a tweaker). There are a few more yummies on there I need to try, too!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 6, 2013

I’m so glad that you did this round-up. Now when I’m planning my menu for this week, I can just be lazy and look in one place! :)

LizAshlee January 7, 2013

I have all the ingredients for the endurance crackers and I can’t wait to try them!

Caroline January 7, 2013

I am completely in love with your Spiced Red Lentil and Kale soup. It is so awesome that I’ve made it several times in the last couple of months and shared the recipe with my mom, who loves it too! I make it in big batches and freeze it in meal-size containers to take to work for lunch.

Since I almost never have all of the ingredients any recipe calls for on hand, I’m a queen of substitution. I’ve made this soup once with celeriac instead of celery, and once with carrots instead of celery. Both were superb.

I can’t thank you enough for this soup! It’s made me a loyal follower of your blog!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 7, 2013

Thank you so much Caroline! I’m so happy you enjoy it and thanks for the tips on the substitutions.

Beth January 7, 2013

I made the “Rolos” yesterday and they were soooooo yummy and easy to make! My husband thought they were better than the real deal. Tonight I’m making the Red Lentil Soup for dinner since it is a cool, drizzly day here in FL! I know it will be great ~ I love all your recipes!

Thanks!
Beth

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 7, 2013

Hi Beth, so glad to hear you enjoyed them!! :) Thanks for your kind words. Enjoy the soup!

Missy January 7, 2013

I tried out the tomato lentil kale soup the other day. It was so delicious and extra nutritious!
Can’t wait to try out the falafel next.

Page 2 of 3«123»