Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30-16}

At the end of each year, I love to look back and see which recipes were the most popular. I usually have a good idea based on your feedback, but it’s nice to delve into Google Analytics and see which recipes were clicked on the most. Plus, I have a horrible memory. These days I can hardly remember what I made last week, let alone 12 months ago. From looking at this list, it looks like a nice balance of everyday eats with healthy but indulgent treats – just the way I like to eat in my day-to-day life. I think we’d get along just fine…..juuuuust fine.

Top Recipes from 2012 (#30-16)

#30. Falafel with a Twist

#21 Homemade Rolo Knock-Offs

homemade rolos 7159 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#20. Oh Mega Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies

breakfast cookies 6154 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#19. Sundried Tomato Cheezy Kale Chips

kale chips 9725 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#18. Back On track Green Monster (Banana free)

green monster 8139 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#17. Crispy Baked Onion Rings

baked onion rings 7789 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

#16. Endurance Crackers

endurance crackers 7234 thumb   Most Popular Vegan Recipes of 2012 {#30 16}

The top 15 recipes will be coming up sometime next week, so keep your eyes peeled.

Have you made anything from this list? How did it go?

Melissa January 4, 2013

I wouldn’t be surprised if my clicking was almost solely responsible for the falafel making the list!

My fiance and myself are falafel addicts! It is one food that has made the transition from vegetarian to vegan so much easier and more delicious!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 4, 2013

hah good to know. Thanks for that! ;)

Kinsey January 4, 2013

The tomato basil pasta and onion rings! Both turned out AMAZING. I can’t wait to see what recipes you have up your sleeve in 2013 :)

Sarah L. January 4, 2013

Endurance crackers are my personal fave. Easy, yummy, and a soul mate for hummus. I always make the mistake of eating them at work, where I am guaranteed to talk to at least one person with seeds in my teeth! :)

Jenna | The Paleo Project January 4, 2013

I definitely shouldn’t have looked at these before breakfast. Now I want peppermint patties and fudge. I’m not vegan but many of your no-bake recipes and salads are transferable to my “Paleo” lifestyle! Thanks for creating such beautiful delicious recipes all year long ;)

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh January 4, 2013

The peppermint patty bars are AWESOME!!! Note to self…make more!

Abby @ The Frosted Vegan January 4, 2013

Peppermint patty bars (so so good!) and green monster as often as I can, it really makes a difference in my day!

Marielle | Vega in Vianen January 4, 2013

I made the falafel once, which tasted great but still crumbled a little while trying to cook them. I’d love to make them again soon, but my partner is not really a falafal fan. Then again… I think I still have one hidden in the freezer somewhere… I also made the Oh mega cookies. I love them. As for the endurance crackers… There are no words. Except when you season them with too much seasalt, as I did the last time. WATER! I wonder what others use as an extra to season them? The first I tried to put something extra in, it was an epic fail.

Katie January 4, 2013

I don’t know how I missed the tomato basil pesto! NOM!

Rossi @ A Baking Girl January 4, 2013

Those kale chips look delicious! And I’m sure we could all use a sip or two of the Green Monster following the holidays :)

Christine Gillis January 4, 2013

Endurance crackers and falafel are two of our staples. I got a Nutribullet for Christmas and I find that I’m looking at a lot of your recipes in a whole new light! Everything that I’ve made from your site is absolutely amazing! Thank you!!!!

Hilary January 4, 2013

I made the red lentil soup for my mom and she has asked me to make it 3 more times! Thank you for the great recipes, I look forward to more in 2013!

chris January 4, 2013

I don’t tell you this often enough – but i just love you :)

JD January 4, 2013

I made endurance crackers! They were so easy!

Gillian January 4, 2013

Just printed off the lentil soup to try today — yum!

Erin January 4, 2013

We have been making your vegan Bailey’s now for a couple months. My hubby loves Irish Cream and looks forward to it in his coffee in the winter. This recipe is awesome!! Thanks!

Danielle January 4, 2013

Definitely the Spiced Lentil and Kale soup! Soooo good! I’ve made it three times!

megan @ whatmegansmaking January 4, 2013

That falafel is calling my name! Great list :)

Christine January 4, 2013

Thanks, Angela! I’ve been waiting for your “best of” posts. I wasn’t good about cooking recipes last year, so I’m adding some of these to my list for upcoming menus. Need to get back on track!!!

Amanda@ Spiritual Sweat January 4, 2013

I love when you put up the top recipe posts! I am getting ready to move across the US so I am going to make a huge batch of the endurance crackers and the carrot cake breakfast cookies to have on-hand when I get hungry in the car. I just love your blog, everything is so darn tasty!

Li January 4, 2013

I’ve been making the red lentil soup once a week for the past month to have for lunch. Both my husband and I really like it. It’s very flavorful and comforting. I wasn’t sure my kids would like it, but I fed it to them for dinner last night, and they both ate it all up! My 8 year old daughter especially loved it and told me again this morning how good it was. She even requested that I pack it for her school lunch! I add a small amount of adobo sauce from a can of chile in adobo to give it even more of a smoky flavor. We are not a vegetarian or vegan family, but for the past 6 months or so, I’ve been trying to significantly cut down on the amount of meat we eat. So, it’s great to find a vegan meal that everyone actually likes! I love your blog – the photographs are great, and the recipes always look so tempting. I have also tried the lightened up tahini-lemon dressing and the coconut whipped cream – both are so good.

Liz January 4, 2013

I had to pin this page. Everything looks so good. I want to try it all. Thanks for all the great post. You are awesome. :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 4, 2013

We made the lentil kale soup the day after Thanksgiving and it was fabulous! Added a little more heat… ’cause I like my mouth to burn a little. ;)

I also keep those endurance crackers in my freezer for a quick snack. They are SO good with hummus or crumbled on a salad. Or both.

Karen January 4, 2013

I made the carrot breakfast cookies and the tofu strips. Both turned out really good! The cookies seemed to take a while for me to make, but it was my very first time making them, so I wanted to get it right. :)

Nikki W. January 4, 2013

A delicious looking round-up of favorites. I must try to vegan Bailey’s :). Bookmarked!

Jill in Chicago January 4, 2013

Oh wow, I had forgotten about some of these — thanks for the yummy reminder!

Ann January 4, 2013

How is it possible I’ve made nothing on this list? Discoverd your blog last year and it’s my best discovery of 2012. Vegan overnight oats have saved my mornings, I’ve told at least a dozen people about the Butternut Squash/blackbean burritos and have learned so many ways to incorporate better eating into our lives. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Jenna January 4, 2013

Oh, Angela. Your website has helped me so much. I’ve been a vegetarian for years but I get so much negative feedback from family and co-workers. I don’t actually know anyone who is a tried and true veggie. I used to be very passionate about cooking and now – most days – I just dont even feel like eating at all. It’s really easy to feel defeated and un-inspired – but then I visit your site and it’s like an escape from all this pro-meat propaganda.
I’ve successfully tried many of your recipes, but as for this list the green monster is a winner for me. I tried and onion rings and the crispy tofu – I think I added my own twist but both turned out great. I’ve got my eyes on the oatmeal squares AND the breakfast cookies for my next attempts.

Keep doing what you do Angela! If you ever stopped I think I might cry.

AKwan January 4, 2013

*hugs* Jenna, if you get a chance, check Meetup.com and see if there are any vegan/vegetarian groups in your area and join them. It’s hard to go it alone, but the web can really help you connect with a strong support group either online or in person which should make it easier on you.

I’m inspired by your perseverance for 4 years despite the negative feedback. You’re awesome, Jenna.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2013

I’m so sorry to hear that Jenna. Not having support with your decisions can be so isolating and discouraging. As Akwan mentioned, it can be helpful to seek out veg’n groups in your area. Wishing you a great 2013 with lots of delicious food!

jacqui January 4, 2013

My Family LOVES the red lentil soup! So flavorful with the hint of coconut. This is one of my favorite soups to make in a pinch, its so easy!

Lauren (@poweredbypb) January 4, 2013

Loved the endurance crackers. I still have yet to get round to making the faux rolo’s- they look so good!

Catherine January 4, 2013

I feel like am responsible for putting some of these recipes on the list haha. The carrot cake cookies are a breakfast staple for me; I’m pretty sure I have the recipes memorized now lol. I’ve also made the kale chips, oatmeal squares, freezer fudge and endurance crackers– all delicious! Thanks for the great recipes Angela :D

Jessica January 4, 2013

Too funny, we had the pesto for dinner last night (leftovers for lunch today) and I have the back on track green monster for breakfast every morning! I’ve also made thetofu, oh mega cookies (so good!) and the falafal. I can’t wait to try the soup, peppermint bars and crackers

Robyn January 4, 2013

Angela

I absolutely LOVE the Red Lentil, Kale and Tomato Soup. I have made it several times. My husband loves it to. I made a few adjustments to it and it’s is such a wonderful soup. I haven’t made anything off your blog so far that hasn’t been good:) Thank you so much for what you do. I can’t wait til your cook book comes out.

Robyn

Marina January 4, 2013

The crispy breaded tofu strips are in my regular mealtime rotation. Hubby adores them! :)

Cammy January 4, 2013

I made the Endurance Crackers and the Tofu Strips. Loved both! I make the crackers all the time- so good and healthy

Meredith January 4, 2013

I’ve made the Twix, the Rolo, the Bailey’s, and the freezer fudge – looks like I need to try some more of your savoury recipes :). All four recipes were amazing!

Sara January 4, 2013

I have made the falafel MANY times and I am IN LOVE with it! The Lightened Up Tahini dressing is sooooo yummy too! I take it with me when I go to school and just zap the falafel in the student union microwave, crumble it over a salad with tomatoes, onion, and cucumbers, drizzle some of the tahini dressing on and boom! Lunch is on! It is definitely college-student approved because it’s 1) portable 2) an easy reheat 3) extremely filling! I dread bringing my own lunch. Most of the time I’m still hungry after eating what I brought because I don’t want to carry a big lunch tote around (I’m on campus for at least 8 hours at a time). The protein and sustenance in the falafel are a great complement to the light salad and dressing. Perfect balance. I haven’t eaten meat for years, but from what I can remember it is almost like a waaaaaaay better tasting chicken strip salad (not to mention healthier!) I struggle BIG TIME with individual portions and convience as a vegetarian/vegan college student so more recipes like this would be great!!! Sadly, I eat in my car a lot :’-(

Christine @ Shot Bun January 4, 2013

I’ve made the Red Lentil Soup a bunch of times, switching up the ingredients each time to create new/flavourful soups! Delish! I’m also a huge fan of green monsters and I try to have them at least 4 times a week!

Michele January 4, 2013

The lentil soup was delicious. My/our favorite are the kale chips-can’t get enough!
Twix bars are good if eaten immediately. The tofu was a bit bland.

Jessica January 4, 2013

I want to try every single one of these recipes! I did try out the vegan Baileys for a Christmas party, and it was a huge hit! I was so amazed at how creamy and delicious it was. I don’t really remember how regular Baileys tastes but all of my friends said it tastes better than the real thing. I am looking forward to seeing what great things you create this year! :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks January 4, 2013

Thank you for the trip down memory lane – the vegan Baileys, the kale chips, the dishes in #29 (have them & love them), the homemade Twix – it was an amazing year around here and thanks for the reminders on that I need to make in 2013 that you made in 2012 :)

Page 1 of 3123»