Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip Highlights

Whistler British Columbia 63401   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip Highlights

I’ve dreamed of visiting Whistler since I was a little girl. My best friend Allison used to tell me about her Whistler ski adventures and I knew one day I had to get there myself. Let me tell you, it was so worth the wait! While we only had a mere taste of what Whistler has to offer (as much as one can fit in 1.5 days), it was one of my most memorable travel experiences to date. Hopefully, we can go back sometime for a longer visit – maybe to experience the winter season next time.

To our surprise, Whistler was the hottest spot along our trip! It was 28 – 29C. Such a powerful, dry, glorious heat, it was. The mornings and evenings dipped down, but quickly warmed up by mid-morning. We were told there’s usually snow on Whistler mountain this time of year, so we really lucked out. I just wished I packed more summer clothes!

My mom and John also happened to be visiting Whistler at the same time, so we were treated to some great company to share the experience with, as well as our last night in Vancouver before flying home. :)

Here are some of my favourite pictures below. This post may self-destruct. Food, hotel, and to-do highlights follow!

Whistler British Columbia 61512   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 6160   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 61501   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 63021   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 62861   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 61576   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 61521   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 62061   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 62211   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 36051   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 09 thumb   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 18 thumb   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 3618   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 3578   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 63231   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip Highlights

What we did: Zipling with Zip Trek (so much fun w/ knowledgeable, funny instructors!), Peak 2 Peak gondola, chair lift to Whistler Peak, hiking, photography, exploring the village, a dip in the hotel’s outdoor pool. I breathed deeply in Whistler. The air is magical.

Whistler British Columbia 6231 thumb   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 6142 thumb   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 6141 thumb   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip Highlights

Where we stayed: The Westin – steps to the main village area, small galley kitchen, fireplace (which we actually used in the morning as it was chilly!), lovely view of pool and driving range from 7th floor. The hotel was virtually empty this time of the year (3rd week of Sept).

Whistler British Columbia 3604 thumb   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 3574 thumb   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip HighlightsWhistler British Columbia 3575 thumb   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip Highlights

Food highlights: Royal taste of India (Amazing service. Owner will accommodate any vegan request and was so helpful. Killer veggie samosas), Lucia’s Gelato stand on Whistler mountain for vegan mango & berry gelato, Moguls Coffee House for banana bread and a raspberry choc chip muffin (very sugary). We also made some meals/snacks in our kitchen. Check out Nester’s grocery store, just outside of the village for groceries/snack items.

And, last but not least, a cool HDR photo by Eric :)

Whistler British Columbia 1   Whistler, British Columbia Photography & Trip Highlights

Can you believe it’s our Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend? It crept up so soon this year. I’ll be back to cap the week off with a tasty main course Thanksgiving recipe.

mary @ what's cookin with mary October 3, 2012

Such beautiful photos Ange. This French Canadian needs to get her booty up to Canada!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 3, 2012

Ahh this makes me want to go back to BC so badly!! The mountains look so gorgeous, and the water is ridiculously blue!! Looks like you had an awesome time in Whistler. PS. Would that be the Scoop Me Up tank in your photo with Eric? The blue one? If it is, we’re twins! ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

Maybe we’ll have to go back together…perhaps a yoga retreat? hah. The tank is a racerback. :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks October 3, 2012

That sky is SO BLUE! That is my happy place! Just looking at super blue skies (or the ocean) seriously just puts me in a zen-like trance! I would be in one big trance if I ever went there :)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit October 3, 2012

Ah, you make me miss home so badly! Whistler sure is beautiful, isn’t it? We used to go up there every couple of months. The mountains in Quebec are nice… but nothing like the Rockies, that’s for sure. So happy that you enjoyed your time there. You look fabulous in each picture!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) October 3, 2012

Wow – that last photo is incredible!

Cher @ Weddicted October 3, 2012

Great pictures! My husband and I were going to go to Whistler or Banff for our honeymoon, but we decided to make that trip when we’re a teensy bit better at skiing, lol. That, and we didn’t want to have to wait 5 months for a honeymoon.

Can’t wait for your Thanksgiving recipes! I’m hosting on Saturday and I still don’t really have a menu.. eek!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

I know what you mean, I’d be so intimidated snowboarding in Whistler!
You aren’t alone in not having a plan for this weekend… ;)

Samantha October 3, 2012

Angela- When is your cookbook due to come out?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

Hey Samantha, It should be out early 2014. :)

Kathy Steger @FoodWineThyme October 3, 2012

I just told my hubby to start planning our next trip :) How gorgeous.

lizforaday October 3, 2012

Your photography is so beautiful. That looks like a great vacation. Did you actually see any bears? :)

Angela October 4, 2012

Sadly, no! Next time we want to do one of the bear tours. One of the men in our zip lining group did it and he saw about 10-12 bears.

Sarah @ Yogi in Action October 3, 2012

Absolutely beautiful pictures! I’m sure this is somewhere on your blog- but what camera do you use? I’ve decided I need a DSLR but I’m not very knowledgeable about what makes one camera better than the other. Any recommendations would be extremely helpful! Thanks :)

I’ve lived in Kelowna (which is 3 hours from Whistler) and I’ve never been. Based off your pictures, I think I need to remedy that!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

Lucky girl, I’ve heard Kelowna is gorgeous too. I wish we had time on this trip to make it there! yes definitely make a trip to Whistler if you can.
My camera info can be found on my FAQ page: http://ohsheglows.com/faqs/ Hope this helps!

luv what you do October 3, 2012

Those pictures are stunning! Looks like an exciting vacation!

Kit-Kat October 3, 2012

I love Whistler, so much!!!!!

Alex @ Raw Recovery October 4, 2012

I love your pictures!! I so badly want to take pictures that turn out that well. I love the mountains this time of year…I used to go up to Breckenridge (a popular ski area here in Colorado) or Aspen every year with my parents and sister and we’d make fires and smores and watch the snow fall over the fall leaves changing. I miss doing that. Glad you had a good time! Can’t wait to hear about your Thanksgiving!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

That sounds so fun & cozy :)

Nanna October 4, 2012

Oh, that looks so gorgeous! Wow, I wish I had an excuse to visit that place – shame that I live in Europe.

Heidi kokborg October 4, 2012

Oh my goodness! It is so beautiful and picture perfect! I must have been such an amazing trip :) One day I have to go to Canada – my parents are always telling me that I have to go, and after having seen your pictures I am so much more convinced that I have to go :)

Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy October 4, 2012

I would love to go there – it looks beautiful.

Emily @ www.main-eats.com October 4, 2012

WOW-looks like an amazing trip!!! Glad you had fun and I hope you can go back soon!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh October 4, 2012

Absolutely gorgeous! I’ve read some great travel posts lately and I’m gonna need to get a 2nd job to afford all of the travel I want to do now!

Marina October 4, 2012

Hi Angela,

love love love the photos!!! And Whistler! Have to go back some time soon as well! It seems to be even more awesome in fall than in summer! :-)

Thanks for sharing your beautiful adventures with all of us!

Annemarie October 4, 2012

Wow, Whistler looks incredible! I hope I get to go someday!

Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset October 4, 2012

Your photography skills are unreal! I love Eric’s last pic too- so beautiful!

Meg @ Sweet Twist October 4, 2012

Beautiful Photos. My husband and I went out to Vancouver/Whistler/Victoria/Seattle a few years ago. It is just so pretty out there, I love the mountains!

michelle s October 4, 2012

Gorgeous photos! I am going to vancouver for three days next week for a conference. I am fitting in a day trip to Victoria/ Sidney. Is part 2 of your Vancouver post coming up? I want hotel recommendations so I can eat GF and vegan! We are staying closer to Gorila food, but my husband doesn’t love the raw food as much as me!

Lily October 4, 2012

Michelle S – for vegan / gluten free restaurants in Vancouver, try:
- Las Bandidas (veg mexican, have vegan, should have gluten-free)
- Foundation (vegetarian, have vegan, should have gluten-free)
- Gorilla (you know already)
- Organic Lives (raw vegan takeaway downtown, delish smoothies)
- Jamaican pizza jerk (omni, with delish vegan jamaican food, tho menu/times are unreliable – they don’t seem to have gluten-free anymore tho)
- Wallflower (omni, have many vegan and gluten free choices)
- Rhizome (omni? veg? have vegan food, should have gluten-free)
- Nuba (omni, with lots of vegan choices, should have gluten-free)

and there are other places I still haven’t tried!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

Thanks Lily!

michelle s October 4, 2012

Oh wow! Lily, thanks for this awesome list! love it! and you realized my “hotel” meant “restaurant” ha ha!

Michelle@Peachy Palate October 4, 2012

I can see why you loved it so much! I would love to go back to Whistler (even if there are bears everywhere!) Beautiful pictures!

Sarina @ Earthgiven Kitchen October 4, 2012

Spectacular! I haven’t been to BC since I was a child and I would love to go back. Thanks for sharing. I am SO not ready for Thanksgiving — I need your recipe ideas!

Kate October 4, 2012

Absolutely stunning views and photos! I’ve never been to Canada (I live in London, UK) but by looking and reading your blog, triple thumbs up!!! Huge fan.

Rachel October 4, 2012

wow, I am adding this place to my bucket list!

Dara October 4, 2012

Is it weird that when I saw “Canada Thanksgiving” on my calendar yesterday I instantly thought of you and (silently) asked, “Oh look! I wonder what Angela is going to make for Thanksgiving this year?” Haha.

Our Thanksgiving is not until November and I am already planning for a vegan pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, OSG fluffly dinner rolls and a veggie root roast! Cannot wait!!

Dara October 4, 2012

Oh! and one more meal I am quite proud of (even though it is not vegan) I convinced my grandmother to let me take over the traditional fruit salad. She has always used canned fruit and fat free cool whip. I got the brilliant idea to use fat free plain Greek yogurt and flavor it with honey and cinnamon instead of using cool whip. AND on top of that I am using all fresh fruits instead of the canned stuff.

So excited!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

hah that’s cute! I asked myself the same thing… ;)

jess @ cupcakes and kale October 4, 2012

Isn’t the landscape incredible out there? I lived in Whistler for 10 months about 7 years ago after finishing my undergrad – what a wonderful time. Did you make it to Ingrid’s across the way from Moguls? When I worked there we used to make up some amazing homemade vegan burgers!

Mari October 4, 2012

Love love love the pictures! Thanks for sharing! Whistler is far away from my home (Scandinavia) but will be worth it once I get there :)

Sarah Herrewynen October 4, 2012

Angela you are so inspiring and beautiful! Every time you post a picture of yourself I can’t get over your beautiful smile and healthy glow. :) I eat your meals almost exclusively every day. Thank you so much for posting your recipes, and for this blog. Without it I would be a junk food eating unhealthy disordered eating vegan with no idea how to cook healthy delicious meals. You are the best! Every time I see that you have updated I get so excited. Your recipes have also helped me kick my bulimia by giving me better, tastier and healthy options that I don’t feel guilty about and have taught me it’s ok to eat dessert/not count calories.

So thank you for making me love cooking and giving me the gift of food, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2012

Sarah, I’m so touched by your beautiful words. You don’t know how much that means to me. I’m so happy to hear how well you are doing!

Joanna October 4, 2012

Looks like a great trip. Your photos are amazing. Makes me want to take up photography.

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes October 4, 2012

How incredibly beautiful!! You look like you had a great time! :)

OSGMOM October 4, 2012

The highlight of my trip to Whistler was meeting up with you and Eric! I enjoyed it so much.
The beauty of the Whistler landscape took my breath away. I feel so fortunate to live in the West & have this breath taking scenery all around me. How I managed to overlook Whistler for so long is a mystery ;) I want to go back to Whistler — soon! :) Your photography has once again inspired me to get out my canvas and paintbrushes!

Ang W October 4, 2012

Amazing photos Ange!! Wow. I have lived in BC my whole life and yet the mountains and the beauty of it never get old to me. I grew up going to Whistler for a week in the summers and riding my little bike all day long. They have wonderful bike paths all over! Next time you come to BC, definitely take a trip to Kelowna! The summers here are spectacular… I mean, if you like wineries, orchards, golf courses, patios, sparkly warm lakes…you know, that sort of thing ;)

Carissa October 4, 2012

That looks like so much fun! I’ve been to Whistler in the winter many years ago. I really want to go back!

Life's a Bowl October 4, 2012

Another post full of stunning pictures! Looks like it was a wonderful getaway :)

Ashlee October 4, 2012

Your photography skills have gotten SO SO good! I can’t wait to see the pictures in your book!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 5, 2012

aw thank you! It’s a work in progress ;)

purelylori October 4, 2012

wow!! stunning photos!
I hope to go visit there one day

Anon Non October 4, 2012

Gosh! Thank you so much for sharing these pics and experiences. I miss Whistler so much and seeing it through your eyes renewed my love of home!

Page 1 of 212»