The Jig Is Up!

IMG_2653

IMG_2632

IMG_2663

IMG_2661

IMG_2650

IMG_2659

Today is a bittersweet day…we’re moving into a new home!

Just over a year ago, Eric and I decided that we wanted to move because his commute just got to be too much for him. He spent 3.5 hours every day commuting to and from Toronto and it was making him miserable. He looked for other jobs nearby, but wasn’t able to find anything close. As much as we loved that house, a house isn’t a home if you are never home to enjoy it. We leave this house with so many amazing memories and a bit of sadness, but I know that this change will make a positive difference for us both. You know what they say, life’s a daring adventure or nothing! Bring it on!

Our house was on the market since last fall and it was a long, loooong wait to sell. I won’t even get into how many times I had to drop everything in the kitchen and leave with 15 minutes notice for a house showing. It was a tough 6 months and it was even more difficult not talking about it on the blog! When we finally sold, it was one of the happiest days because it meant that we could finally proceed with our life.

We decided to rent for a while until we decide where we want to eventually settle down..it’s still very much up in the air. We looked at rentals in Toronto and Oakville and eventually found a place that is perfect for us in Oakville. Remember when we worked the Oakville Organic Farmer’s Market a couple summers ago? We always said we’d love to live here someday, we just didn’t know how soon that would turn out to be. Life works in mysterious ways!

I have lots of unpacking and cleaning to do, but not a crazy amount because we donated more than half of our possessions to fit in the new place. Don’t be fooled by the huge moving truck; we’ve been storing about half a truck’s worth of Steve and Joanne’s furniture in our basement for the past couple years. Guess where that is going? To brother Dave’s! haha. It’s the circle of life. Thankfully, we’ve had about 10 friends/family helping us move…so it’s going super fast!! What would we do without our family and friends?

Much more to come about all of this, but I better get back to work! Thanks for putting up with my rather sporadic blogging schedule for the past while. :)

IMG_2649

Sketchie is either super excited or super ticked off…the jury is still out…

IMG_2671

Yes, he loves his front claws. ;)

However you are spending your St Patrick’s Day, have a great one! We hope to end our day at the pub with a different kind of jig…although the beer is calling my name from the fridge already. Lots to celebrate!

Page 3 of 3«123
Stefanie March 23, 2012

Ange,
congrats on the move – the new place looks amazing, LOVE the kitchen! I know how hard it can be to sell a house (in Germany “used” houses don’t sell well), I’ve been through this process myself. It took us 18 months to sell the joy and some showings really sucked! We’re renting as well but always have the option to buy – this really is a good way to check out if you feel comfortable there in the long haul.

I’d gone crazy if my cat had disappeared – how could your neighbors just drop him off outside??? Ah well, some things you just cannot grab with your mind…thank God you got Sketchie back!

Enjoy the new place and the additional time you get to spend with Eric!

Chaz March 23, 2012

3.5 hr commute! OUCH!
Even if he did audio books, I can see where that would still get old, fast.
I applaud you guys* for taking the leap. I’m sure it was a hard decision to give up home for new location, but it sounds like you two (and Sketchie) work together well in making those important decisions.
In the next six months, I’m going to do my best to get my solar cooking website back up, but right now I need to find another place to live for me, my 17 yo son, and the cat, since the ex is giving us the boot.

*guys – okay, I don’t know how to address a man and a woman.

Jennifer M March 21, 2012

Congratulations! Six months is a very quick sell!! Plus, you & Eric had done so much work, who wouldn’t want to snatch it up!?! We have our home for sale, too, but with the ecomony and the slow housing market in the States, things are slow going. We intend to move to Colorado, where we will rent. Your rental looks fabulous! Way to score!!!

Willow March 21, 2012

Wow, big move! I know moving can be a really stressful and hair-pulling experience, but I hope you’re enjoying the excitement that comes along with it as well. At least you have lots of helping hands – that always makes things easier. :)

Kaylee March 20, 2012

Congrats on the move! I’m from Oakville (although I currently live abroad) and its a very nice place to live. The Whole Foods is amazing and I practically run there everytime I come home! x

Kathryn March 19, 2012

Ahhh! We just moved too. TOTAL moving bomb! We lived 30 minutes from work and it was too much always a 45 mintute drive with traffic. Now we live in town above resturants and shops. It is great and the famers market is across the street in the park!

Happy unpacking!

Jess March 19, 2012

Congrats on the move and best of luck with all the big changes coming your way. I grew up in Oakville, so I hope you enjoy your time in my home-town! :)

Kristina March 19, 2012

Oakville is lovely, congratulations on your move and here’s to new adventures! :)

Tracy March 19, 2012

Congratulations on the move! Moving is always bitter sweet, but I am sure in the end you will be happy with your decision.

Shannon March 19, 2012

Congratulations! Moving can be both exciting and stressful, here’s hoping it goes quick and easy for you. :)

Brittany@FloydsKitchen March 19, 2012

LOL at first I thought you were starting your own cookbook team or something with all of the computers!
Try and have the LEAST stressful move possible k? We still need you making amazing recipes!

anne March 19, 2012

What a great attitude to have, and way to support your husband. Your old house was so beautiful, I’m sure you can make the next one your own as well!

Cindy Robinson March 19, 2012

How exciting! Congratulations to you, I’m sure you’re so relieved to finally be moving. Best wishes for new wonderful things to come!

Jasper @ crunchylittlebites March 19, 2012

Any chance you’ll choose Stratford, ONTARIO? you know who is from there…

Karen March 19, 2012

Oh wow! That is amazing and sad at the same time. I know you and I have spoken about this before since I am in Burlington and work in Toronto too! CONGRATS and I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful new chapter for you two! The downtown Oakville strip is my favourite- it’s so cute! Hope to see you in the neighbourhood!

AGS March 19, 2012

Good luck — looks like you are most of the way there with packing/moving. . . and maybe even some unpacking. Look forward to hearing about your new digs. And I feel for Eric — my husband and I spend 1.5-2 hours each day commuting, and I don’t think I could handle any more than that!

Robyn March 19, 2012

wishing you a smooth transition to your new place! now you’re so close to whole foods and organic garage! not sure if you’ve already been to voila – gluten free bakery on lakeshore. and oakville has the best bulk barn in my opinion – big, bright, wide aisles. i’m a bulk barn snob, haha.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 19, 2012

aha nice!!!

mc March 19, 2012

Welcome to Oakville! I do the Oakville to Toronto commute each day on the Go Train, and find it’s still around 2.5 hours a day, which is WAY too much – but Oakville is an amazing place to raise a family so I make do. Hopefully the commute will be a bit less for your hubby.

BTW If you ever need a “tester” group in the Oakville area to try out recipes for the cookbook just let me know! I would be extremely interested as everything always looks delicious!

MC

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 19, 2012

Thank you for the offer!

LizAshlee March 19, 2012

Wow! So excited for you and Eric! We are also moving!! I just found a new job…a great opportunity for me so we are moving about an a hour and a half away from our current home…we are a lil nervous as we love where we are but excited at the same time for new possibilities!

Happy cleaning! :)

Jessica March 19, 2012

Congrats on the move, Oakville is such a beautiful place to live! Enjoy unpacking everything and finding it a new home. I find that to be much more fun than packing!

Jennifer M March 18, 2012

Congrats on your new life!!! I am not too far from you in Kitchener! Did you ever get the chance to try out Norwex Products for cleaning?? Your picture of the cleaning supplies reminded me of that other post from a while back!! I’d love to send you a set if you haven’t! I’ve been reading your blogs for a long time now since I found out my daughter is sensitive to wheat/dairy and eggs! And you have been SO helpful!!! I found Norwex and it fits with the clean living lifestyle so well!!! Please let me know if you would like to try it out and get rid of chemicals in your home! Keep glowing!!!! And thanks so much for all the great recipies!! Jennifer

Keri March 18, 2012

Oy! I definitely know packing up and moving to a much smaller space. I can’t believe it, but it’s almost been a year since I moved from my home to the city (for love)! We are still in this small apartment–renting much longer than we had planned, but making the best of it. My best advice for living in a small space is organization–actually, you won’t have a choice, it’s awesome to be forced to be so organized….Anyway, I wish you all the best in this new venture! Can’t wait to read about it here :)

The Cozy Herbivore March 18, 2012

Ugh, moves can be so stressful. Good luck, and I’m sending you good vibes…

Michaela@pilgrimageofhealth March 18, 2012

Moving is hard! But exciting–a new place to live brings a fresh new start.

Alison (Fueling for Fitness) March 18, 2012

Congratulations on the movie! Sometimes change is scary, but necessary. Best of luck in the move and the upcoming few weeks. :)

Ali March 18, 2012

Good luck with your move! Your husband and you will feel so much better without him having to commute! I hope you love your new town.

Amy March 18, 2012

Congrats! I am actually going to miss your house and I don’t even know you, but what matters most is both of your happiness and I’m sure you’ll find another amazing place that will be much more of a home with the hubby in it!
Oh and is this your wild card by chance?

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed March 18, 2012

Wowza! That’s super exciting. Glad you had so many people come out to help. And glad that Eric’s commute will get cut down… 3.5 hours sounds terrible!

Hope everything is going smoothly!

Christine March 18, 2012

Congratulations on starting this new chapter in your life! :-)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes March 18, 2012

cool!! How exciting :D

Kate @ get up and flow March 18, 2012

Good luck with the move, and congrats on your new place! How’s the kitchen looking? I’m sure you scoped it before signing on the dotted line :)

Jen @newellnd March 18, 2012

Oakville is beautiful and you have moved in the perfect time to enjoy the pretty town in spring and summer.

Karen March 18, 2012

How wonderful for you, Ange…I had a strong feeling your wild card was a move! Wishing you guys all the best in the next few days as you settle in and lots of joy in your new home :)

Susan March 18, 2012

Best of luck with the move and settling in. Moving is a TON of work but quality of life is more important yet! Looking forward to the inspiration you’ll get from your new kitchen and new community.

Aimee March 18, 2012

Your new place is going to become an AWESOME home. And HOW COOL that such a great farmer’s market will be right in your backyard. Before you know it, you’ll have taken root in the community and you and Eric will both flourish there! Sketchie might be a little pissed off for now, but he’s probably more excited than anything else, and soon he’ll flourishing too in his own little Sketchie way. By the way, I am FINALLY home from my year in China and I AM COOKING EVERYTHING ON YOUR BLOG….ok I’m exaggerating but trying your recipes has been wonderful. Good luck with everything!

angela March 18, 2012

Thank you Aimee, so glad to hear that! Thanks also for your words of encouragement…I need them right now as I stare down at 765 unpacked boxes beside me. lol.