The Jig Is Up!

IMG 7840 2 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2675 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2673 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2676 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2680 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2677 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2653 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2632 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2663 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2661 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2650 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

IMG 2659 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

Today is a bittersweet day…we’re moving into a new home!

Just over a year ago, Eric and I decided that we wanted to move because his commute just got to be too much for him. He spent 3.5 hours every day commuting to and from Toronto and it was making him miserable. He looked for other jobs nearby, but wasn’t able to find anything close. As much as we loved that house, a house isn’t a home if you are never home to enjoy it. We leave this house with so many amazing memories and a bit of sadness, but I know that this change will make a positive difference for us both. You know what they say, life’s a daring adventure or nothing! Bring it on!

Our house was on the market since last fall and it was a long, loooong wait to sell. I won’t even get into how many times I had to drop everything in the kitchen and leave with 15 minutes notice for a house showing. It was a tough 6 months and it was even more difficult not talking about it on the blog! When we finally sold, it was one of the happiest days because it meant that we could finally proceed with our life.

We decided to rent for a while until we decide where we want to eventually settle down..it’s still very much up in the air. We looked at rentals in Toronto and Oakville and eventually found a place that is perfect for us in Oakville. Remember when we worked the Oakville Organic Farmer’s Market a couple summers ago? We always said we’d love to live here someday, we just didn’t know how soon that would turn out to be. Life works in mysterious ways!

I have lots of unpacking and cleaning to do, but not a crazy amount because we donated more than half of our possessions to fit in the new place. Don’t be fooled by the huge moving truck; we’ve been storing about half a truck’s worth of Steve and Joanne’s furniture in our basement for the past couple years. Guess where that is going? To brother Dave’s! haha. It’s the circle of life. Thankfully, we’ve had about 10 friends/family helping us move…so it’s going super fast!! What would we do without our family and friends?

Much more to come about all of this, but I better get back to work! Thanks for putting up with my rather sporadic blogging schedule for the past while. :)

IMG 2649 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

Sketchie is either super excited or super ticked off…the jury is still out…

IMG 2671 thumb   The Jig Is Up!

Yes, he loves his front claws. ;)

However you are spending your St Patrick’s Day, have a great one! We hope to end our day at the pub with a different kind of jig…although the beer is calling my name from the fridge already. Lots to celebrate!

Sana March 17, 2012

Oh wow.. I hope you and Eric enjoy the new place!

Shamima March 17, 2012

Congrats on the move and even more importantly – less commuting time for your hubby!! We are currently renting so that we can be close to transit/work/amenities and had also donated/sold a lot of our things and it feels wonderful. Funny, we now think to ourselves that we don’t even miss that stuff we donated/sold.
Take care,
Shamima

Hannah March 17, 2012

Congrats!

Jenn (eating bender) March 17, 2012

Congrats on your new adventure!! Best of luck moving into your new place. :)

Michelle @ Esculent Dreams March 17, 2012

congrats on your move! love the last picture haha my cats do that all the time~

Clair March 17, 2012

Love it…so excited for you. I love moving…such a cleansing new start.

And 3.5 hours a day commuting is just.too.much. So happy for you both!

Mrs. Brown March 17, 2012

Good Luck on your move.
Looking forward to more delicious recipes once your settled.

Alex @ Raw Recovery March 17, 2012

That’s a big step, congrats! Do you have any regrets about putting so much work into your old house though? I hope you find a new one that gives you everything you need!

Greta @ Staying Lost March 17, 2012

Wow! I hope the move goes well! And on a side note, your bowls are so neatly packed in those boxes- I’m impressed. :)

Ellie March 17, 2012

Ahhh~moving is never an easy thing. But im glad Eric will be happier with this new change. :) what a blessing!

Katie @ Nutrition in a Peanut Shell March 17, 2012

Congrats on your move Angela!! Hope you new home is much more…homey :)

radioactivegan March 17, 2012

Congratulations on your move! At the first picture, I thought you were opening a dell store .. lol. I’m sure this will be a great new chapter for you guys!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 17, 2012

haha Eric and his brother Dave both work in IT, so they have access to old boxes :)

mary @ what's cookin with mary March 17, 2012

I thought the same thing ! ;0)

Sarahh March 18, 2012

Is dave the dreamy one in the reebok sweatshirt?? haha

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) March 17, 2012

Wow!!! Exciting news!!! Best of luck on the big move!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon March 17, 2012

Good luck with this next chapter of your lives! I can’t wait to see and read about the wonderful things it brings to you two!

Em (Wine and Butter) March 17, 2012

ohh goood luck Ang – moving house is a HANDFUL. Poor Eric though – glad you guys are moving because that commute sounds pretty much mega awful. Best of luck in this new chapter of your life! :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 17, 2012

Congrats! I feel Eric’s pain – used to commute 3.5-4 hours everyday (depending on traffic). He’s going to be one happy man!

Good luck with the move!

Rach March 17, 2012

Congrats and good luck getting settled. Someone is very lucky to have all of the upgrades at your old house. Very bittersweet.

My cats are the same and have to climb to the top of a mattress when it is standing up like that. I like to think that cats like to get into the mix of the chaos, jumping boxes, etc….

Good luck.

Amanda March 17, 2012

Congrats Angela!
Though bittersweet enjoy this new journey!

Heather March 17, 2012

Happy moving and welcome officially to Oakville. You are going to love it here! We were downtown last night walking around and it was gorgeous. :-)

(Also)Angela March 17, 2012

My house has been on the market for THREE years so I know the pain of the waiting to get on with life and dropping everything for house showings! We are in the process of selling right now (waiting for the appraisal to go through and then closing), thankfully, but I won’t say that trying to find a new place and getting ready to move while being busy otherwise isn’t just as stressful. In short, I get what you’re going through! It is exciting and sad and stressful all at once! I hope you love your new city :)

Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats March 17, 2012

Congratulations! What an exciting time in your life. I’m glad your house finally sold, it is a bad market out there!

Yellow Haired Girl March 17, 2012

Congratulations! I hope this new home brings you nothing but joy :) can’t wait to hear more about it!

Amber K March 17, 2012

Oh man, I can’t even imagine commuting that long. Poor Eric! Glad you are off on a new adventure. :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 17, 2012

Congrats on
Selling your place
Packing and moving
Finding a place that you love
And again…that selling your house thing, ESEPCIALLY in today’s market…eek! Congrats!!

“I won’t even get into how many times I had to drop everything in the kitchen and leave with 15 minutes notice for a house showing.” <– and I have been there, and with an infant. Nothing like waking up a sleeping baby to do it, too. People have no shame about wanting to just "drop by" in 15 mins. Glad those days are OVER for you guys!

Happy unpacking!!

Red Deception March 17, 2012

How exciting! I look forward to finding out about your new home and community – I bet it is lovely!

Tiffany March 17, 2012

Congrats on your new place! You’re cat is too cute! When we were moving we had our mattress like that and our kitten climbed it and was doing the same thing! haha!

Ashley March 17, 2012

Hahaha, love the Sketchie photo. Good luck to you guys!! xo

Jocelyn March 17, 2012

Oh boy..oakville = far too close to a whole foods LOL have fun ;)

Ingunn March 17, 2012

Congratulations!! I’m sure you’ll grow to love this place too, especially since you two will get so much more time together because of it.

We moved two weeks ago and I have all our essentials unpacked, but the garage is still a mess of boxes. Time to go through it with a critical eye and donate all the stuff we no longer need.

Izabela (yoginiselfportrayal.wordpress.com) March 17, 2012

Congrats!!! and welcome in Oakville;)

mary @ what's cookin with mary March 17, 2012

Congrats you guys! A long commute is so , so hard. Growing up I watched my Dad commute 3.5 hrs plus each day to and from work and knew I could never do it. It took such a toll on him (he’s still doing it). Glad you guys are on your way to finding something that works better for you.

Mel March 17, 2012

Congrats. Is that why you added the decking or was the done prior to the moving decision? But poor kittie lol they hate change worse than we do! Have fun in your new home

Katie March 17, 2012

My first thought was “BUT THEIR GORGEOUS NEW HAND-CRAFTED DECK!!!” I guess someone else gets to enjoy it. Perhaps it was built to make the house more sellable, but I’m still oddly sad about this, maybe irrationally ;) Best of luck with the moving! If you get overwhelmed with all the moving overwhelmedness and throw a glass bottle of flax seed into the street while sobbing and screaming, I understand :) Moving can suuck. Cheers to a more manageable commute for your boo!

Tash (dairy free chick) March 17, 2012

Aww, I remember the days of your renocations! It must have been hard not to share.
I’m excited for you to find a new place and I hope you find a dream kitchen (and post pictures). We’ll be moving this summer too and I’m excited/nervous. Ours is across the country though ;)

Kale Crusaders March 17, 2012

And all along I thought the new book was the cause for the semi-sporadic posting. :) Congrats, you two!

Moni'sMeals March 17, 2012

Yay! Good for you and Eric, you gotta do what you gotta do and being happy is everything. I live in LA. Can we say traffic hell! No thanks, and that is why I try to ride my bike as much as possible. :)

So glad it worked out and someone will love your deck in the future. :)

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. March 17, 2012

Congratulations!!! Such a major pain to move your stuff, but so worth it when you finally get settled in.

Stacie March 17, 2012

Yay!! Congrats on the house selling and moving to the new place! Bittersweet I am sure, but glad to hear you guys will be happier :) Moving is hard work, so hopefully you guys (& friends/family) can have some fun tonight!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 17, 2012

Congrats! Things are coming together for you and Eric! Enjoy your new home!!

katie March 17, 2012

Congrats to you both! I am sure that had to be so tough on him with that commute! Glad you guys are closer now to his work and you guys will find a home again, everything happens for a reason :)

I am sure the place you are renting is fabulous!

Page 1 of 3123»