The Jig Is Up!

IMG_2653

IMG_2632

IMG_2663

IMG_2661

IMG_2650

IMG_2659

Today is a bittersweet day…we’re moving into a new home!

Just over a year ago, Eric and I decided that we wanted to move because his commute just got to be too much for him. He spent 3.5 hours every day commuting to and from Toronto and it was making him miserable. He looked for other jobs nearby, but wasn’t able to find anything close. As much as we loved that house, a house isn’t a home if you are never home to enjoy it. We leave this house with so many amazing memories and a bit of sadness, but I know that this change will make a positive difference for us both. You know what they say, life’s a daring adventure or nothing! Bring it on!

Our house was on the market since last fall and it was a long, loooong wait to sell. I won’t even get into how many times I had to drop everything in the kitchen and leave with 15 minutes notice for a house showing. It was a tough 6 months and it was even more difficult not talking about it on the blog! When we finally sold, it was one of the happiest days because it meant that we could finally proceed with our life.

We decided to rent for a while until we decide where we want to eventually settle down..it’s still very much up in the air. We looked at rentals in Toronto and Oakville and eventually found a place that is perfect for us in Oakville. Remember when we worked the Oakville Organic Farmer’s Market a couple summers ago? We always said we’d love to live here someday, we just didn’t know how soon that would turn out to be. Life works in mysterious ways!

I have lots of unpacking and cleaning to do, but not a crazy amount because we donated more than half of our possessions to fit in the new place. Don’t be fooled by the huge moving truck; we’ve been storing about half a truck’s worth of Steve and Joanne’s furniture in our basement for the past couple years. Guess where that is going? To brother Dave’s! haha. It’s the circle of life. Thankfully, we’ve had about 10 friends/family helping us move…so it’s going super fast!! What would we do without our family and friends?

Much more to come about all of this, but I better get back to work! Thanks for putting up with my rather sporadic blogging schedule for the past while. :)

IMG_2649

Sketchie is either super excited or super ticked off…the jury is still out…

IMG_2671

Yes, he loves his front claws. ;)

However you are spending your St Patrick’s Day, have a great one! We hope to end our day at the pub with a different kind of jig…although the beer is calling my name from the fridge already. Lots to celebrate!

1 Sana March 17, 2012

Oh wow.. I hope you and Eric enjoy the new place!

2 Shamima March 17, 2012

Congrats on the move and even more importantly – less commuting time for your hubby!! We are currently renting so that we can be close to transit/work/amenities and had also donated/sold a lot of our things and it feels wonderful. Funny, we now think to ourselves that we don’t even miss that stuff we donated/sold.
Take care,
Shamima

3 Hannah March 17, 2012

Congrats!

4 Jenn (eating bender) March 17, 2012

Congrats on your new adventure!! Best of luck moving into your new place. :)

5 Michelle @ Esculent Dreams March 17, 2012

congrats on your move! love the last picture haha my cats do that all the time~

6 Clair March 17, 2012

Love it…so excited for you. I love moving…such a cleansing new start.

And 3.5 hours a day commuting is just.too.much. So happy for you both!

7 Mrs. Brown March 17, 2012

Good Luck on your move.
Looking forward to more delicious recipes once your settled.

8 Alex @ Raw Recovery March 17, 2012

That’s a big step, congrats! Do you have any regrets about putting so much work into your old house though? I hope you find a new one that gives you everything you need!

9 Greta @ Staying Lost March 17, 2012

Wow! I hope the move goes well! And on a side note, your bowls are so neatly packed in those boxes- I’m impressed. :)

10 Ellie March 17, 2012

Ahhh~moving is never an easy thing. But im glad Eric will be happier with this new change. :) what a blessing!

11 Katie @ Nutrition in a Peanut Shell March 17, 2012

Congrats on your move Angela!! Hope you new home is much more…homey :)

12 radioactivegan March 17, 2012

Congratulations on your move! At the first picture, I thought you were opening a dell store .. lol. I’m sure this will be a great new chapter for you guys!

13 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 17, 2012

haha Eric and his brother Dave both work in IT, so they have access to old boxes :)

14 mary @ what's cookin with mary March 17, 2012

I thought the same thing ! ;0)

15 Sarahh March 18, 2012

Is dave the dreamy one in the reebok sweatshirt?? haha

16 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) March 17, 2012

Wow!!! Exciting news!!! Best of luck on the big move!

17 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon March 17, 2012

Good luck with this next chapter of your lives! I can’t wait to see and read about the wonderful things it brings to you two!

18 Em (Wine and Butter) March 17, 2012

ohh goood luck Ang – moving house is a HANDFUL. Poor Eric though – glad you guys are moving because that commute sounds pretty much mega awful. Best of luck in this new chapter of your life! :)

19 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 17, 2012

Congrats! I feel Eric’s pain – used to commute 3.5-4 hours everyday (depending on traffic). He’s going to be one happy man!

Good luck with the move!

20 Rach March 17, 2012

Congrats and good luck getting settled. Someone is very lucky to have all of the upgrades at your old house. Very bittersweet.

My cats are the same and have to climb to the top of a mattress when it is standing up like that. I like to think that cats like to get into the mix of the chaos, jumping boxes, etc….

Good luck.

21 Amanda March 17, 2012

Congrats Angela!
Though bittersweet enjoy this new journey!

22 Heather March 17, 2012

Happy moving and welcome officially to Oakville. You are going to love it here! We were downtown last night walking around and it was gorgeous. :-)

23 (Also)Angela March 17, 2012

My house has been on the market for THREE years so I know the pain of the waiting to get on with life and dropping everything for house showings! We are in the process of selling right now (waiting for the appraisal to go through and then closing), thankfully, but I won’t say that trying to find a new place and getting ready to move while being busy otherwise isn’t just as stressful. In short, I get what you’re going through! It is exciting and sad and stressful all at once! I hope you love your new city :)

24 Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats March 17, 2012

Congratulations! What an exciting time in your life. I’m glad your house finally sold, it is a bad market out there!

25 Yellow Haired Girl March 17, 2012

Congratulations! I hope this new home brings you nothing but joy :) can’t wait to hear more about it!

26 Amber K March 17, 2012

Oh man, I can’t even imagine commuting that long. Poor Eric! Glad you are off on a new adventure. :)

27 Averie @ Averie Cooks March 17, 2012

Congrats on
Selling your place
Packing and moving
Finding a place that you love
And again…that selling your house thing, ESEPCIALLY in today’s market…eek! Congrats!!

“I won’t even get into how many times I had to drop everything in the kitchen and leave with 15 minutes notice for a house showing.” <– and I have been there, and with an infant. Nothing like waking up a sleeping baby to do it, too. People have no shame about wanting to just "drop by" in 15 mins. Glad those days are OVER for you guys!

Happy unpacking!!

28 Red Deception March 17, 2012

How exciting! I look forward to finding out about your new home and community – I bet it is lovely!

29 Tiffany March 17, 2012

Congrats on your new place! You’re cat is too cute! When we were moving we had our mattress like that and our kitten climbed it and was doing the same thing! haha!

30 Ashley March 17, 2012

Hahaha, love the Sketchie photo. Good luck to you guys!! xo

31 Jocelyn March 17, 2012

Oh boy..oakville = far too close to a whole foods LOL have fun ;)

32 Ingunn March 17, 2012

Congratulations!! I’m sure you’ll grow to love this place too, especially since you two will get so much more time together because of it.

We moved two weeks ago and I have all our essentials unpacked, but the garage is still a mess of boxes. Time to go through it with a critical eye and donate all the stuff we no longer need.

33 Izabela (yoginiselfportrayal.wordpress.com) March 17, 2012

Congrats!!! and welcome in Oakville;)

34 mary @ what's cookin with mary March 17, 2012

Congrats you guys! A long commute is so , so hard. Growing up I watched my Dad commute 3.5 hrs plus each day to and from work and knew I could never do it. It took such a toll on him (he’s still doing it). Glad you guys are on your way to finding something that works better for you.

35 Mel March 17, 2012

Congrats. Is that why you added the decking or was the done prior to the moving decision? But poor kittie lol they hate change worse than we do! Have fun in your new home

36 Katie March 17, 2012

My first thought was “BUT THEIR GORGEOUS NEW HAND-CRAFTED DECK!!!” I guess someone else gets to enjoy it. Perhaps it was built to make the house more sellable, but I’m still oddly sad about this, maybe irrationally ;) Best of luck with the moving! If you get overwhelmed with all the moving overwhelmedness and throw a glass bottle of flax seed into the street while sobbing and screaming, I understand :) Moving can suuck. Cheers to a more manageable commute for your boo!

37 Tash (dairy free chick) March 17, 2012

Aww, I remember the days of your renocations! It must have been hard not to share.
I’m excited for you to find a new place and I hope you find a dream kitchen (and post pictures). We’ll be moving this summer too and I’m excited/nervous. Ours is across the country though ;)

38 Kale Crusaders March 17, 2012

And all along I thought the new book was the cause for the semi-sporadic posting. :) Congrats, you two!

39 Moni'sMeals March 17, 2012

Yay! Good for you and Eric, you gotta do what you gotta do and being happy is everything. I live in LA. Can we say traffic hell! No thanks, and that is why I try to ride my bike as much as possible. :)

So glad it worked out and someone will love your deck in the future. :)

40 Get Skinny, Go Vegan. March 17, 2012

Congratulations!!! Such a major pain to move your stuff, but so worth it when you finally get settled in.

41 Stacie March 17, 2012

Yay!! Congrats on the house selling and moving to the new place! Bittersweet I am sure, but glad to hear you guys will be happier :) Moving is hard work, so hopefully you guys (& friends/family) can have some fun tonight!

42 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 17, 2012

Congrats! Things are coming together for you and Eric! Enjoy your new home!!

43 katie March 17, 2012

Congrats to you both! I am sure that had to be so tough on him with that commute! Glad you guys are closer now to his work and you guys will find a home again, everything happens for a reason :)

I am sure the place you are renting is fabulous!

44 Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) March 17, 2012

Wow! Didn’t see that coming. Can’t wait to hear more! I know how hard it is to move–I moved for the second time in 6 months right before Christmas and it’s very stressful, but exciting!

45 Amanda March 17, 2012

Wow, 3.5 hours every day is a crazy commute. I’m glad you guys were able to sell your house and find a place closer to work. Moving is so stressful (and I don’t even own, I rent!) – definitely time to kick back and have a beer. :)

46 Amanda March 17, 2012

Oh wow! I’m sure you guys made the right decision, I can’t imagine spending that much time commuting! That was a gorgeous home and you two put so much work into it. Bittersweet indeed.

47 Andrea (Our Lighter Footsteps) March 17, 2012

Moving is one of the most stressful events in a person’s life but it can also be so exciting with all the new possibilities! Good luck with the move and the unpacking.

48 Radha March 17, 2012

Angela, what a big and exciting announcement. Now you will get to see Eric more, and he will be happier. I know you will make your new place delightful. Lots of love to you both and to darling Sketchie.

49 PoochesForPeace (Anna H) March 17, 2012

Wow I hope everything goes well during your transition!

50 Sarah L. March 17, 2012

Wow, that is big news! Congratulations on your new home! Oakville is a very nice city, and now you can visit Organic Garage any time you want! :)

I’m sipping some of your homemade Bailey’s right now…mmmmmmm

51 Zestful Lou March 17, 2012

Bittersweet indeed! Your house was so beautiful and you two worked so hard on it!!

I wish you the best in your new place! Happy St. Patty’s Day!!

52 kath March 17, 2012

Moving is so exciting!! Hope you love your new place :)

53 Margaret March 17, 2012

Well, the day finally arrived Looks like you had lots of help to get you out of the old and into the new.
I’m sure you will love (really love) living in the Oakville area. They have the nicest down town area of any city of town I have ever seen.
Enjoy your time there.
MIL

54 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 17, 2012

thanks mom! Cant wait for you to come visit :)

55 Cortnie March 17, 2012

Exciting stuff! Congratulations!

xo
cortnie

56 Daniela March 17, 2012

Congrats, Angela! Welcome to Oakville. Hey, if you need a running buddy, you can find me huffing and puffing on Lakeshore. :)

57 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 17, 2012

Sweet! Give me a shout :) angela @ ohsheglows . com

58 kaila@ healthy helper blog! March 17, 2012

I love the Whole Foods in oakville! Its the closest one to me in the US….So looks like I will be visiting your neighborhood next time I come up!! Exciting!!!

Hope everything goes well with the move!

59 Brittany March 17, 2012

Best of luck with the move lady!! I’m happy for you all as I know first-hand how hard long commutes can be.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

60 Sarah @ The Healthy Diva March 17, 2012

Wow that must have been difficult to keep under wraps! I have moved a LOT in my life so know how stressful it can be. Hope that you can settle down quickly and start exploring your new area. I always have fond memories of the places I’ve lived, but always know that wherever I go I will make new ones as well. Life is a fabulous journey :)

61 Christine March 17, 2012

Wow! I’m shocked to read that you and Eric are moving…didn’t you just renovate your home and put a beautiful deck out on the back? I saw the progress pictures along the way…I read your blog daily and love your style of writing and of course your recipes, our life and health have never been better due to most of your recipes and all of the other blogs that you have recommended or mentioned. No more home in the country? I wish you luck and patience at this most stressful time…go for a run to clear your head when you need to :)

62 eatingRD March 17, 2012

Congrats on your move! Hope you get settled in soon! Commuting is such a pain, I thought 1.5 hours was bad, wow.

63 Sara@ Nik Naks and Noms March 17, 2012

Oh my gosh! And you guys have done so much work on the house! I’m sure this new chapter will be super exciting though!

And, I love moving because it causes me to purge things! Haha. Of course, the stuff always builds back up in the new place but oh well!

64 Stephanie @ Legally Blinde March 17, 2012

Wow, this is big news! You’ve been juggling a lot! I can’t imagine having to drop everything in the middle of cooking and leave your house :( Good job for getting through that! And I’m so impressed that you donated half of your things – that would be really difficult to do. Hope everything goes smoothly and that you get settled in soon – cleaning and unpacking is not too fun :/ PS Love your title – so clever!

65 Joann@womaninreallife March 17, 2012

Good luck with the move and the unpacking. Give your cat some extra love. Change can be hard for them!

66 Crystal March 17, 2012

Good luck with your move! I can certainly attest to how exhausting the process is.

I’ve had your recipe for Avocado Pasta put aside to make forever, and finally created my own rendition tonight – complete with the additional of spinach and edamame to increase the green-factor for St. Patrick’s Day.

Thanks for the inspiration!

67 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 18, 2012

that looks incredible! nice job :)

68 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 17, 2012

Way to give Dell some free advertising LOL! Congrats on getting into your new place and starting a new chapter in your lives, Ange! I think you two will be so happy in O-ville (and I’m sure you’ll make Whole Foods, Organic Garage, and Lulu happy too!) Can’t wait to see the place, and enjoy a cold one tonight!

69 Kamaile March 17, 2012

Ohh I like the open kitchen! Congratulations to both of you. Shorter commute for the win! :)

70 Suzanne March 17, 2012

OMG I am thinking of all the incredible renovations you have done, all the blood, sweat and tears. And that gorgeous deck you built last year! I’m sure you will miss running on the local roads but you will have a husband instead :) Good luck to both of you! My husband commutes from Georgetown to Toronto every day plus teaches spin at the gym (GL). It wears me out just thinking of it! You will enjoy the extra quality time spent together.

71 Holly W March 17, 2012

congrats on the move and the new changes you have in your life! I know how stressful, yet exciting, moving can be. Good Luck with it all!

72 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen March 17, 2012

Good luck getting settled. It sounds like a smart move (literally, haha) considering Eric’s commute and hopefully you can both enjoy more of each other’s company now :)

73 Kari @ bite-sized thoughts March 17, 2012

Oh wow! What a big thing to have kept under wraps! Congratulations on selling and now moving – I hope the transition goes as smoothly as such things can. It will be great for you both not to have Eric’s long commute, I’m sure.

74 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit March 17, 2012

Oh my goodness! This post totally, ridiculously, surprised me. Congrats, guys!

75 scissors and spice March 17, 2012

Congratulations and good luck!

76 Denise March 18, 2012

Moving is so difficult but you will love dropping the commute time. We changed jobs, moving a few states away, and no longer had a commute– what a new lease on life!! We are remodeling our kitchen soon and I worry about the upheavel but I guess we can get through anything, can’t we? Congrats on your new place and hope you get settled soon.

77 Katie March 18, 2012

The hardest part is behind you and now you get to enjoy the fun of getting settled in your new place. I’ve moved four times in the last three years and I never tire of that great feeling you get when everything is all settled in your new place. And downsizing, while sometimes a painful process, always leaves you feel better at the end.

Here’s to a wonderful new home with all sorts of memories just waiting to be made!

78 Ellie March 18, 2012

Congratulations! Sounds like an exciting time. I also just moved. (All the way across Canada. From Montreal to Vancouver-) It’s been a great adventure! Sending you an abundance of patience for your unpacking adventures!

79 Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com March 18, 2012

Oh wow, you guys had your hands full! Hope that you will be happy at your new place!

80 Lisa March 18, 2012

Angela,
Love the pictures of Sketchie and all the Dell boxes. Happy moving!

81 Leah March 18, 2012

Hope yesterday was a huge success with a couple of coronas at the end of the day. Can’t wait to see your new place, and Oakville is just amazing.. love lakeshore, love whole foods, love the downtown area.. you will really settle in well there I bet. Happy for Eric to have a shorter commute. I bet you will be seeing more of him!

82 Lia March 18, 2012

Congrats on moving! When it is time, it is time. I hope it is a smooth transition :)

83 Katie March 18, 2012

Congratulations!! What an exciting adventure! :) My parents just closed on their house on Friday, so I definitely feel your pain of packing and moving!

84 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 18, 2012

Moving is such a pain, but it’s definitely worth it because commuting every day is even MORE of a pain. ;) Good luck getting settled into your new house!

85 Pure2raw Twins March 18, 2012

Congrats Angela! We are so happy for you and Eric, moving and starting a new chapter in life can be so exciting, and a little overwhelming haha
good luck with everything!!

86 Anne @ZenandGenki.com March 18, 2012

Big congratulations on the new place and new, wonderful beginnings, Angela! And on having a Whole Foods so closeby :) Love Oakville! Best wishes to you and the hubs and you get settled into the new digs :)

87 Aimee March 18, 2012

Your new place is going to become an AWESOME home. And HOW COOL that such a great farmer’s market will be right in your backyard. Before you know it, you’ll have taken root in the community and you and Eric will both flourish there! Sketchie might be a little pissed off for now, but he’s probably more excited than anything else, and soon he’ll flourishing too in his own little Sketchie way. By the way, I am FINALLY home from my year in China and I AM COOKING EVERYTHING ON YOUR BLOG….ok I’m exaggerating but trying your recipes has been wonderful. Good luck with everything!

88 angela March 18, 2012

Thank you Aimee, so glad to hear that! Thanks also for your words of encouragement…I need them right now as I stare down at 765 unpacked boxes beside me. lol.

89 Susan March 18, 2012

Best of luck with the move and settling in. Moving is a TON of work but quality of life is more important yet! Looking forward to the inspiration you’ll get from your new kitchen and new community.

90 Karen March 18, 2012

How wonderful for you, Ange…I had a strong feeling your wild card was a move! Wishing you guys all the best in the next few days as you settle in and lots of joy in your new home :)

91 Jen @newellnd March 18, 2012

Oakville is beautiful and you have moved in the perfect time to enjoy the pretty town in spring and summer.

92 Kate @ get up and flow March 18, 2012

Good luck with the move, and congrats on your new place! How’s the kitchen looking? I’m sure you scoped it before signing on the dotted line :)

93 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes March 18, 2012

cool!! How exciting :D

94 Christine March 18, 2012

Congratulations on starting this new chapter in your life! :-)

95 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed March 18, 2012

Wowza! That’s super exciting. Glad you had so many people come out to help. And glad that Eric’s commute will get cut down… 3.5 hours sounds terrible!

Hope everything is going smoothly!

96 Amy March 18, 2012

Congrats! I am actually going to miss your house and I don’t even know you, but what matters most is both of your happiness and I’m sure you’ll find another amazing place that will be much more of a home with the hubby in it!
Oh and is this your wild card by chance?

97 Ali March 18, 2012

Good luck with your move! Your husband and you will feel so much better without him having to commute! I hope you love your new town.

98 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) March 18, 2012

Congratulations on the movie! Sometimes change is scary, but necessary. Best of luck in the move and the upcoming few weeks. :)

99 Michaela@pilgrimageofhealth March 18, 2012

Moving is hard! But exciting–a new place to live brings a fresh new start.

100 The Cozy Herbivore March 18, 2012

Ugh, moves can be so stressful. Good luck, and I’m sending you good vibes…

101 Keri March 18, 2012

Oy! I definitely know packing up and moving to a much smaller space. I can’t believe it, but it’s almost been a year since I moved from my home to the city (for love)! We are still in this small apartment–renting much longer than we had planned, but making the best of it. My best advice for living in a small space is organization–actually, you won’t have a choice, it’s awesome to be forced to be so organized….Anyway, I wish you all the best in this new venture! Can’t wait to read about it here :)

102 Jennifer M March 18, 2012

Congrats on your new life!!! I am not too far from you in Kitchener! Did you ever get the chance to try out Norwex Products for cleaning?? Your picture of the cleaning supplies reminded me of that other post from a while back!! I’d love to send you a set if you haven’t! I’ve been reading your blogs for a long time now since I found out my daughter is sensitive to wheat/dairy and eggs! And you have been SO helpful!!! I found Norwex and it fits with the clean living lifestyle so well!!! Please let me know if you would like to try it out and get rid of chemicals in your home! Keep glowing!!!! And thanks so much for all the great recipies!! Jennifer

103 Jessica March 19, 2012

Congrats on the move, Oakville is such a beautiful place to live! Enjoy unpacking everything and finding it a new home. I find that to be much more fun than packing!

104 LizAshlee March 19, 2012

Wow! So excited for you and Eric! We are also moving!! I just found a new job…a great opportunity for me so we are moving about an a hour and a half away from our current home…we are a lil nervous as we love where we are but excited at the same time for new possibilities!

Happy cleaning! :)

105 mc March 19, 2012

Welcome to Oakville! I do the Oakville to Toronto commute each day on the Go Train, and find it’s still around 2.5 hours a day, which is WAY too much – but Oakville is an amazing place to raise a family so I make do. Hopefully the commute will be a bit less for your hubby.

BTW If you ever need a “tester” group in the Oakville area to try out recipes for the cookbook just let me know! I would be extremely interested as everything always looks delicious!

MC

106 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 19, 2012

Thank you for the offer!

107 Robyn March 19, 2012

wishing you a smooth transition to your new place! now you’re so close to whole foods and organic garage! not sure if you’ve already been to voila – gluten free bakery on lakeshore. and oakville has the best bulk barn in my opinion – big, bright, wide aisles. i’m a bulk barn snob, haha.

108 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 19, 2012

aha nice!!!

109 AGS March 19, 2012

Good luck — looks like you are most of the way there with packing/moving. . . and maybe even some unpacking. Look forward to hearing about your new digs. And I feel for Eric — my husband and I spend 1.5-2 hours each day commuting, and I don’t think I could handle any more than that!

110 Karen March 19, 2012

Oh wow! That is amazing and sad at the same time. I know you and I have spoken about this before since I am in Burlington and work in Toronto too! CONGRATS and I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful new chapter for you two! The downtown Oakville strip is my favourite- it’s so cute! Hope to see you in the neighbourhood!

111 Jasper @ crunchylittlebites March 19, 2012

Any chance you’ll choose Stratford, ONTARIO? you know who is from there…

112 Cindy Robinson March 19, 2012

How exciting! Congratulations to you, I’m sure you’re so relieved to finally be moving. Best wishes for new wonderful things to come!

113 anne March 19, 2012

What a great attitude to have, and way to support your husband. Your old house was so beautiful, I’m sure you can make the next one your own as well!

114 Brittany@FloydsKitchen March 19, 2012

LOL at first I thought you were starting your own cookbook team or something with all of the computers!
Try and have the LEAST stressful move possible k? We still need you making amazing recipes!

115 Shannon March 19, 2012

Congratulations! Moving can be both exciting and stressful, here’s hoping it goes quick and easy for you. :)

116 Tracy March 19, 2012

Congratulations on the move! Moving is always bitter sweet, but I am sure in the end you will be happy with your decision.

117 Kristina March 19, 2012

Oakville is lovely, congratulations on your move and here’s to new adventures! :)

118 Jess March 19, 2012

Congrats on the move and best of luck with all the big changes coming your way. I grew up in Oakville, so I hope you enjoy your time in my home-town! :)

119 Kathryn March 19, 2012

Ahhh! We just moved too. TOTAL moving bomb! We lived 30 minutes from work and it was too much always a 45 mintute drive with traffic. Now we live in town above resturants and shops. It is great and the famers market is across the street in the park!

Happy unpacking!

120 Kaylee March 20, 2012

Congrats on the move! I’m from Oakville (although I currently live abroad) and its a very nice place to live. The Whole Foods is amazing and I practically run there everytime I come home! x

121 Willow March 21, 2012

Wow, big move! I know moving can be a really stressful and hair-pulling experience, but I hope you’re enjoying the excitement that comes along with it as well. At least you have lots of helping hands – that always makes things easier. :)

122 Jennifer M March 21, 2012

Congratulations! Six months is a very quick sell!! Plus, you & Eric had done so much work, who wouldn’t want to snatch it up!?! We have our home for sale, too, but with the ecomony and the slow housing market in the States, things are slow going. We intend to move to Colorado, where we will rent. Your rental looks fabulous! Way to score!!!

123 Chaz March 23, 2012

3.5 hr commute! OUCH!
Even if he did audio books, I can see where that would still get old, fast.
I applaud you guys* for taking the leap. I’m sure it was a hard decision to give up home for new location, but it sounds like you two (and Sketchie) work together well in making those important decisions.
In the next six months, I’m going to do my best to get my solar cooking website back up, but right now I need to find another place to live for me, my 17 yo son, and the cat, since the ex is giving us the boot.

*guys – okay, I don’t know how to address a man and a woman.

124 Stefanie March 23, 2012

Ange,
congrats on the move – the new place looks amazing, LOVE the kitchen! I know how hard it can be to sell a house (in Germany “used” houses don’t sell well), I’ve been through this process myself. It took us 18 months to sell the joy and some showings really sucked! We’re renting as well but always have the option to buy – this really is a good way to check out if you feel comfortable there in the long haul.

I’d gone crazy if my cat had disappeared – how could your neighbors just drop him off outside??? Ah well, some things you just cannot grab with your mind…thank God you got Sketchie back!

Enjoy the new place and the additional time you get to spend with Eric!