22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

It must be snacking season because I’ve had a lot of emails lately asking for some healthy vegan snack ideas and I thought it was a great idea for a post. Many of the recipes below are also some of the most popular snack recipes of 2011, so I will also add this post to my Top Recipes of 2011 page for easy reference.

Ready to get your vegan snack attack on?

1. Endurance Crackers

My all-time favourite cracker and quite possibly one of the top 3 recipes so far in 2012.  Endurance Crackers are extremely light and crispy while providing long-lasting energy. They are also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free, and oil-free to boot. Feel free to change up the seasonings and spices as you wish (see the comments in the original post for some ideas) and serve with protein-packed hummus for a snack that will fuel you for the long haul. Man, I wish I had some right now!

IMG 7224   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

2. Flu Buster Creamsicle Smoothie

Enjoy this ultra-creamy, thick, and energizing smoothie, with a hint of orange that will help keep those cold bugs at bay!

IMG 7994 2   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

3. Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie

Love dipping your finger into a bowl of cake batter? I hear ya. Now the cake batter flavour we know and love is in smoothie form so you can slurp away to your hearts content.

IMG 0913   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

3. Salt & Vinegar Chickpeas

Just like my favourite salt and vinegar chips, but better. Enjoy these protein-packed, crispy chickpeas without any processed ingredients and a fraction of the fat.

IMG 5225   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

4. Easy Homemade Wheat Thins

Incredibly easy to make. Minimal ingredients. Best of all, they’re even better than the store bought version.

IMG 1159   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

5. Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares

Growing up, I always loved strawberry nutri-grain bars. These are similar in taste, but with all natural ingredients and much less sugar.

20101018IMG 7581 thumb   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

6. Half the Calories, Double the Fun Almond Butter

Adapted from the lovely Heather, this almond butter is the best thing to pair with a juicy apple or drizzled over fruit. Or just spoon it straight from the jar…you’ll see what I mean.

IMG 5479   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

7. The Hummus that Changed Everything

This is the homemade hummus that convinced me I can make a hummus as good as my favourite brands in the grocery store.

IMG 4667   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

8. Lightened Up Granola

I’ve always loved granola, but I rarely buy it because it tends to have as much sugar in it as many decadent desserts. This is my lightened-up version with the least amount of sweetener necessary while still tasting like granola should.

IMG 6944   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

9. Tropical Lemon Cranberry Coconut Chia Bars

Packed with chia seeds, dried cranberries, pistachios, and lemon, these bars are chewy, light, and tropical. I like to think of them as a tropical macaroon bar. They also make a perfect breakfast when you are running out the door!

IMG 9416   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

10. Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats

These Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats are a gourmet version (read: no bake) of my beloved childhood rice crispie squares. Unlike the original, this recipe is made without marshmallows, but I promise you won’t miss them!

IMG 7922   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

for the rest click the link to continue…

11. No Bake Protein Energy Bars

Simple. Delicious. Addictive. 8 grams of protein per bar. Meet the protein bars that carried us through miles and miles of walking throughout NYC! I added protein powder to rev up the protein in these bars, making sure they would give me lasting energy when out and about. I wasn’t really sure what they would taste like with 1/2 cup of protein powder, but I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome! Just make sure you use a pleasant tasting protein powder and you’ll be fine. I used an unsweetened rice protein powder (Garden of Life) which worked great as it doesn’t have a strong flavour.

IMG 4796   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

12. Carrot Raisin Spice Muffins

Like carrot cake, but healthier. My favourite way to enjoy these muffins is slathered with Earth Balance or crumbled on top of a bowl of vegan overnight oats. Perfecto!

IMG 4257 2   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

13. Cheezy Hummus

This is what you get when you combine my cashew cheeze dip and my favourite hummus. Pure bliss in a bowl.

IMG 8895   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

14. Oil-Free Zucchini Walnut Raisin Loaf

A dense loaf, but not in a bad way. Whole grain spelt flour tends to make dense breads, but I just love the nutty flavour of spelt so I don’t mind. The walnuts, streusel, and raisins add just the right amount of sweetness and crunch and the zucchini gives moisture without needing any oil. You also can’t taste the zucchini at all, but you can see the pretty green flecks!

IMG 7463   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

15. Rustic Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Cake

Two pictures…just because I love it that much.

IMG 06341   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

Thanks to the ripe bananas, there is minimal sweetener and oil required in this snack cake.

IMG 0583   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

16. Frosty No Bake Glo Cakes

Prep time is just 3 minutes for these healthy frozen treats. It doesn’t get much quicker than that!

IMG 1820 thumb   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

17. My Favourite Guacamole

Amazing with corn chips, spread on a wrap, spooned on a salad, or enjoyed with a fork…

IMG 6160 thumb   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

18. 5 Minute & 5-Ingredient Almond Butter Chews

These Almond Butter Chews couldn’t be easier and they make a light pre-workout snack for about 100 calories each. They take 5 minutes to whip up, use just 1 bowl, and do not require an oven. You could even make them gluten-free. I use the Nature’s Path Rice Crisp cereal that is Gluten-Free.

IMG 8364   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

19. Healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding

I make this pudding when I want something indulgent tasting, but don’t feel like eating a ton of sugar. I love mixing carob powder and cocoa powder for a more complex chocolate flavour. The carob powder also adds a natural sweetness as an added bonus. If you don’t have carob, I suggest using a bit more cocoa powder and sweetener since it will be less sweet without the carob. Serve cold or heated up!

IMG 6188   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

20. Banana Split Vegan Overnight Oats

A rich and indulgent banana split…now made healthier.

IMG 48572   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

21. Blueberry Pie Chia Pudding

Last but not least, this is a recipe that I made over the weekend. It reminds me of blueberry pie, in chia seed pudding form.

IMG 7648   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

Pretty isn’t it? You can enjoy this warm or chilled depending on your mood.

The crumbled Basic Oatmeal Square really took it over the top. It’s like an upside down blueberry pie.

IMG 7652   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

22. On The Glow Basic Oatmeal Square

Think of this oatmeal square as basic baked oatmeal that can be dressed up any way you like. Each large square contains a tablespoon of flax and a teaspoon of chia seeds as well as 7 grams of fibre and 6 grams of protein. Feel free to add in nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, and other mix-ins as you desire.

IMG 6373   22 Ways To Get Your Vegan Snack Attack On

Don’t forget to check out my Top Recipes of 2011 round up, filled with the blog’s most popular entrees, salads, breakfasts, and soups of last year!

Jennifer @VeganPCOSGoddess February 23, 2012

These all look so amazing and delicious, can’t wait to try several of them out! Shared the list with the readers on my blog tonight too. You’re inspiring me to want to get into the kitchen this weekend, thanks! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 24, 2012

Thanks for sharing Jennifer! Let me know what you end up making this weekend…feel free to post a pic on my facebook page too!

Lorell July 13, 2012

My kids love Nutri-Grain bars and I’ve been hoping to find a healthier recipe for them…thank you! Can’t wait to try them out!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 23, 2012

All of these sound DELICIOUS!!! :D

Stacey February 23, 2012

mmmmm…. I can’t wait to make all the ones that I haven’t made already. I’m gonna be a baking mah-chine the next few days. nom. nom. nom.

Jen @ Life Starts February 24, 2012

I’m always looking for healthy snack ideas, especially as I’m on a new healthy eating plan, this was perfect, thank you!

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie February 26, 2012

I am dying to try some of these recipes!!!! All those rice krispie-esque creations are calling my name :)

Danica February 28, 2012

Finally made the Endurance Cracker! They turned out great, i used a thai spice since that is all i really had. very surprised at how well they stuck together and didn’t crumble!

Idelisa March 3, 2012

I’m glad I clicked a link to your site! I’m on a plant based weightloss journey at the moment and needed some recipe ideas. Loving what I see!! Thanks.

Melissa March 9, 2012

Wonderful recipes! I am trying to go vegan and live in Richmond Hill. I find it difficult sometimes to find ingredients. Where can I purchase chia seeds?

Connie March 16, 2012

What a great list! I’m especially excited about the no-marshmallow rice crispie treats! Thank you!

Elena @MTJW March 19, 2012

Just bought some chia seeds at Bulk Barn to make those awesome looking crackers to go with my homemade hummus. I usually just wing the hummus but I’ll try using this recipe to see if I can get it even tastier!

My favourite snack lately has been Power Balls!

Laura March 21, 2012

This is mouth watering! I’m hungry!

Danielle March 27, 2012

Angela, your post is a Heaven-sent! I was just planning to wake up earlier tomorrow morning and work on some healthy snacks like your homemade wheat thins, some of the bars, granola…because healthy snacks are essential for me to stay on the right track of healthy eating!

Thanks for putting them all together in what is now one of my favorite of your blog posts! :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 28, 2012

Enjoy the recipes!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit March 27, 2012

You know you’re addicted to a blog when…
You’ve made 20 of the 22 recipes listed.
Awesome roundup, Angela! Each and every single one I enjoyed was darn tasty :)

Kait's Inside Dish March 28, 2012

I am now officially starving after ogling your blog! Everything looks amazing especially the blueberry chia pudding, I love the color, makes for a great refreshing and delicious dessert! I will definitely be trying all of these recipes!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 28, 2012

haha sorry about that….enjoy!

christen March 29, 2012

I can’t wait to try them all! Amazing! (by the way, the link for #19 keeps taking me to the recipe for #20. A sign that’s what I really want to make?) :)

Mama's Gotta Bake March 31, 2012

Absolutely love, love the chickpeas!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 1, 2012

Glad to hear that!

Brittney April 8, 2012

This is the first time I’ve ever been to your website and I can’t tell you how happy I am to have found you on Pinterest! I almost didn’t click the pin! Your recipes look fantastic, something I don’t often say about vegan recipes. I am pregnant and nursing right now and all of your snacks on here can be eaten and enjoyed! I can feel my protein intake rising.. :P

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 9, 2012

Glad to have you here Brittney! I hope you enjoy the recipes and all the best with your pregnancy.

Steve April 14, 2012

Awesome! I have been trying to eat healthier as of late but have really been missing sweet snacks. These all look like great recipes I can try out.

Kayla April 17, 2012

I love all of these and am excited to try each of them. I feel like I should make them all in one day…..
I really enjoy coming to your page and reading through all the recipes..planning my meals and then enjoying them. Thank you for sharing.

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 18, 2012

Thank you Kayla!

K July 4, 2012

Absolutely loving your recipe ideas. Stumbled upon them as I googled
recipes today. I couldn’t find the chia pudding recipe. Would you
repost or email it to me? Thanks again! -k

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 6, 2012
Erica July 8, 2012

The blueberry pie chia pudding is my new favorite breakfast! It’s so nice after a morning run with some cereal and almonds on top (I like Kashi cinnamon Heart to Heart). I liked it so much that I took a few pictures of it and I’ll post them and a link to the recipe on my blog. Thank you so much!

Meghan South July 19, 2012

Over the past 3 days I have been doing some research for a friend and I must say your blog has helped me alot to understand Vegan living as a whole. Iam even considering going Vegan Myself

Nacole July 23, 2012

hi! i am LOVING these ideas and printing off recipes for snacks! my girls and i have already made the salt and vinegar chickpeas and whole wheat crackers! we have recently gone vegan and this has helped so much!

i thought you would also want to know that there is a virus attached to your blog–when i go to your blog from google search, a blinking alert shows up in the place where your blog address was and tells me that there are viruses on my computer and then tells me to clean it– i thought it was valid because it was from microsoft essentials–my spyware–but then it downloaded something–i just took it off my computer–thank goodness! also, some of your recipes won’t print–it tells me there is insufficient memory to print (error in page script)–on some of them but on others it prints fine. just wanted to let you know! thanks for the great ideas!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 24, 2012

Hey Nacole, I’m glad to hear you are all enjoying the snack recipes!
Re: the virus, we don’t have any problems on our end. I spoke with my husband and he said it’s likely you have a virus on your computer, so you might want to run a scan with a virus software. I haven’t heard of anyone having problems with the print function, but I will look into it!

Karla August 14, 2012

Hi Angela,

Do you have a banana bread recipe?

Kate October 11, 2012

I want all of these right now and it’s 6am? I’ll have to bookmark this page. :) Thanks for this awesome post!

Celeste October 17, 2012

I have a question. I saw chia seeds in alot of recipes and I really want to try it but what worries me is I have read that it “could” cause cancer in males granted my husband probably will never try it but what if I was to make muffins or something and he wanted to try it….how do you feel about that? Does your husband eat chia seeds?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2012

Hey Celeste, I haven’t read anything about harmful effects of chia seeds. Can you point me to the article you read? Thanks!

Celeste October 17, 2012

Sorry I should have commented here ooops!

Celeste October 17, 2012
Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2012

Thanks for the links Celeste. One article says ALA can have anti-cancer properties (with regard to breast tissue). Another says ALA may reduce risk of heart disease while it could be a risk factor for prostate cancer. Confusing! The studies are 6-9 years old, so I’d be interested in seeing if more recent research has been done on this topic. It’s definitely worth looking into. Thanks for passing them along!

Celeste October 18, 2012

I really want to try chia seeds so it looks like I would be ok. Does your husband eat them?

venu October 21, 2012

hi ange!
i tried your recipe “endurance cracker” but it didnt come out well….the seeds didnt hold together like crackers but they were just like toasted seeds…do you know what might have happened? thanks a lot!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 22, 2012

Hey there, Did you make any modifications to the recipe? It’s hard for me to know what went wrong since I wasn’t there.

venu October 22, 2012

NO….well..the only modification i did was to change the 1/2 cup of chia seeds (cause i didnt have those) for 1/2 half of mixed seeds. I put the seeds, the water, grated onion and garlic and some herbs…. they are reallly tasty tough! i really loved them! i was just expecting it to be like crakers….i was thinking that maybe i missed some flour or sth similar that allows the mix to hold together…. what you think?
thanks a lot Ange!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 22, 2012

Hi again, I think the chia seeds are a necessary ingredient in this recipe as they bind the ingredients. I hope your next trial goes better!

Diane November 29, 2012

Wow! What a beautiful compilation! Can’t wait to make them. Am about to do the endurance crackers now! Question: I clicked on the link for chocolate chia seed pudding and the banana split overnight oats is what came up instead. ??

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 1, 2012
Diane December 1, 2012

Thank you!

Ann November 29, 2012

Just like all your admirers I can’t wait to get started trying these recipes and admiring,tasting and sharing the results with family and friends . I was putting together the ingredients for Christmas cake chopping almonds measuring fruit and stopped to read your mail, nice break ,thank you !
Ann in London (England !)

Phyllis November 29, 2012

Angela…thanks for these wonderful recipes! I copied all of them for use in the immediate future…all except one that is. The link for #19, Healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding, points to
# 20, Banana Split…. I really would like the Chocolate Chia Pudding!!! Please fix the link? Please? (Thanks again!!!)

linda December 3, 2012

I love the recipes that i see and want to keep getting them!

Alicia February 15, 2013

Great recipes and ideas! For those who love a really creamy hummus, try peeling your chickpeas and then rinse well before blending. This takes a bit of extra time, but trust me it makes the most smooth amazing hummus. Cheers!

Jo February 15, 2013

I’m not a vegan, so it wasn’t that aspect that drew me in–it was the fact that all of these are so low in sugar, and packed full of super healthy ingredients! It’s surprisingly hard to find snacks, treats, and energy bars in the store that don’t have upwards of 10 grams of sugar (in that case, you might as well just be eating a candy bar!). Since I’ve started looking at food labels more, and since my Grandpa’s diabetes has gotten harder for him to handle, I’ve been trying to be more careful about my sugar intake. These recipes sound delicious and easy to make, and I won’t feel guilty about indulging in a little extra when I make them!

Renata March 9, 2013

Too bad most of the links on this post are broken. x.x

Kat Davis April 9, 2013

A friend of mine is going vegan for 30 days. While I already subscribe to your RSS feed and had given him your website for recipes and inspiration, he was struggling for snacks (other than plain baby carrots) so I googled “vegan snacks” and look what showed up first! So perfect! I sent him the link and there are so many yummy suggestions!

Cass September 18, 2013

These options looked pretty good. Fruit is the best snack. I’ll eat 5 bananas for a snack or 3 mangos. For more raw/vegan snack and dinner recipes, check out my site @ veganslivingofftheland.blogspot.com

KellyK September 28, 2013

I am so excited to find this website! I am walking 60 miles in the Susan G Komen 3 day in 6 weeks and I am worried about cheese and peanut butter as the only vegetarian options during the event! I plan to make several of these and keep them in my pack while I walk. Thank you!!!! You have saved me :)
Kelly

Adam Paul November 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the recipes. Always looking for new vegan snack ideas and you have some great ones!

Page 3 of 3«123