True Food Kitchen

On Tuesday, we had the pleasure of lunching at True Food Kitchen at the Biltmore Fashion Park in Phoenix. Many of you recommended it on the blog and on my Facebook page (thank you!), so we figured it was a safe bet. I later found out that the famous Dr. Andrew Weil (along with restaurateur Sam Fox) opened this first location of several, in 2008. The entire menu is based around Dr. Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Diet and food pyramid with an emphasis on local and organic food whenever possible.

IMG_1807

The weather was gorgeous and sunny, so we opted to sit out on the large patio. A quick peek inside the restaurant revealed a huge interior absolutely packed at 1:30pm on a Tuesday. That’s always a good sign!

IMG_1764-2 IMG_1784

We soon deemed the weather beer worthy.

IMG_1776

I tried the organic Eel River Acai Berry Wheat Ale. Loved it. Light and fruity, but not overly so.

IMG_1773

For an appetizer, my mom and I shared the Shiitake and Tofu Lettuce Cups with Ginger, Cashew, and Garlic.

IMG_1792

The lettuce cups are filled primarily with cashews, teeny-tiny bits of tofu, and shredded carrot all coated in a lovely Teriyaki-like glaze. Very fun to roll up and make a huge mess!

IMG_1793

For my main, I ordered the Teriyaki Brown Rice Bowl with Asian vegetables, sesame, and avocado. I also added big chunks of tofu.

IMG_1801

Oh my gosh was this ever amazing. Easily, one of my favourite meals in a long time. It’s so simple, but not lacking in any way. I also loved the huge sliced avocado half on top. Not one single piece of rice was left behind.

Eric and John ordered the Turkey Burger with provolone, lettuce, tomato, avocado, mayo, on a flax seed bun. It came with sweet potato hash and a kale salad.

IMG_1796

They both gave it two thumbs up!

Mom ordered the Spaghetti Squash Casserole with mozzarella, organic tomato, and zucchini. She also really enjoyed it, but thought the cheese was a bit heavy.

IMG_1797

For dessert, Eric devoured the warm & pudding-like Flourless Chocolate Cake. No surprise there!

IMG_1802

My mom and I shared the Vegan Apple Crisp with Maple Ice Cream. John also had the apple crisp, but did not share with anyone. ;)

IMG_1804

Absolute perfection. The crispy, sweet crumble topping was the best part.

IMG_1805

I washed it down with a big glass of water when I realized that beer probably wasn’t the best idea before hiking a desert mountain!

IMG_1769

After lunch, Eric and I drove straight to Camelback Mountain to begin the hike of our lives, my dangly earrings and all.

All in all, it was a great experience at True Foods. The service was friendly and attentive, the atmosphere to die for, and the food fresh and satisfying. My only suggestion is that the restaurant adds more vegan options on their menu as there were only 2-3 vegan entrees indicated on their lunch menu.

As for that hike, my glutes and quads might recover some day. Just not today.

Tomorrow = Sedona and the promise of more hiking. Better rest up!

1 Nadiya @ Milk and Honey January 27, 2012

The lettuce cups look delicious! Great for a portable lunch or a cool appetizer for a party :P

2 AG (Our Lighter Footsteps) January 27, 2012

Goodness, all I can think of is how can I replicate those lettuce wraps?!?!?!

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

I was thinking about that too. I don’t think it would be too hard…lettuce, cashews, teriyaki sauce, fresh ginger/garlic, shredded carrots, mini chopped tofu, onion?

4 AG (Our Lighter Footsteps) January 27, 2012

I happen to have those ingredients in the fridge right now, I think that I might try it this weekend and let you know how it works out!

5 Sana January 27, 2012

I would totally wear earrings on a hike ;)

6 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 27, 2012

Acai Beer sounds amazing! Get your antioxidants in with your booze. :)

Have you ever heard of Veev? It’s a vodka-like alcohol made from acai berries. Pretty tasty!

7 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Hey Laura, I don’t think I have, but that sounds fun :)

8 Alyssa January 27, 2012

Yum! I would love to see you recreate the lettuce cups…! I bet edamame would be good in those as well…

9 Laura @ She Eats Well January 27, 2012

That place looks wonderful, especially because it looks sunny too! I kind of love the idea of kale salad and sweet potatoes as a side dish…and also, very jealous of the Maple ice cream that came with that flourless chocolate cake. Mmm.

10 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh January 27, 2012

That looks like a wonderful restaurant! There’s nothing like when almost everything you get is a score! I’ll take the desserts because well, I’m a girl and we’re kind of entitled like that. :)

11 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga January 27, 2012

The 9 months that I lived in AZ I never went to True Food. Now that I see these pics, WHAT the heck was I thinking??! To be honest, it wasn’t until about a month before I moved away that I realized this gem of a restaurant even existed. I guess I was living under a rock. That or was having desert-brain, i.e. can’t think in the heat :)

The Vegan Apple Crisp with Maple Ice Cream looks to die for; really all of it does!

12 Amy :) January 27, 2012

Enjoy Sedona! It’s so beautiful! :)

13 Michelle January 27, 2012

You are going to LOVE Sedona. It is my favorite place on earth! I grew up in a tiny town about fifteen minutes away. I never tired of cresting the hill on my way to Sedona and seeing a breathtaking view of the Red Rocks. Geez, it makes me tear up just thinking about it. I’m gaga for Cathedral Rock. Please do whatever you can to make it to Oak Creek Canyon. If you have time, follow it all the way to Flagstaff. I PROMISE you won’t regret the drive.

Have fun!

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Thanks Michelle! That sounds incredible. We’re def hitting up Cathedral Rock today…can’t wait!

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Ok I just looked up Cathedral rock a bit more and some parts seem really steep. Do you think it’s on par with Camelback or more difficult?

16 Michelle January 27, 2012

It’s definitely easier than Camelback! I’m sure you’ll be able to do it no problem!

17 Steph January 27, 2012

Ange they can make lots of modifications for vegans. My mon is vegan and loooves it at True Food! Next time, order farro instead of rice in the teryaki bowl ;). Oh my!! My fav there is the farmers market salad. Yes, agree with ur mon, i was astonished at the cheese that came out on my spaghetti squash casserole. Next time ill order easy cheese…….. Or NO cheese! :D

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

I was wondering about that…so good that they are flexible! Maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t know that at the time or I wouldn’t be able to decide. ;)

19 Jessica January 27, 2012

So funny… I wrote a post very similar to yours!

20 Sherlock January 27, 2012

Ah, I was hoping True Foods was going to be more vegan friendly. Well…now I know not to make a trip to the Easty valley just to eat there. Thanks for the post!

21 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Apparently they can make more vegan modifications (see comment above)

22 Lana January 27, 2012

Sedona is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been!
Definitely check out Chocolatree Cafe. The Palatki ruins are very cool, and there is an old mining ghost town called Jerome near by that is the epitome of eclectic.
You’ll fall in love with the red rocks! :-) enjoy!

23 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Thanks Lana. Have you ever dined at D’lish as well?

24 Lana January 27, 2012

I unfortunately did not make it there but I’ve heard good things! I’m not sure how long you’ll be there for, but the mountain biking is unreal. It’s a great way to see Sedona. There are tons of trails that range from beginner to expert. It’s a real thrill physically and mentally. I’m much like you with anxiety, and mountain biking demands metal focus and confidence.

25 Lana January 27, 2012

Well, mental focus, not metal focus. But metal focus sounds pretty badass :-) haha

26 Monique January 27, 2012

Greetings from a fellow (former) New Brunswicker! This is my first post, as I discovered your wonderful website through the PPK’s top 100 list of 2011 so I would like to say hi and congratulate you on such a great blog! I’ve tried a few of your recipes so far and they are great (my husband insists that I make your chocolate chip cookie dough balls on an industrial scale from now on).

We also hiked in Arizona last year for our honeymoon and it was one of the most memorable experiences of our lives so I am happy to see that you are enjoying yourselves as well. We enver made it to True Foods kitchen so it’s nice to hear your perspective. I am a bit surprised that they have so few vegan options, as Dr Weil sits on the advisory board for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (who, as you probably know. promote vegan diets). I can sympathise with finding good vegan options whilst travelling or eating out. Finding vegan-friendly places to eat here in meat- and dairy-centric Holland is quite often a struggle.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

27 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Thanks for your comment Monique! Love meeting fellow NB’ers :) Glad to hear that you enjoyed a great honeymoon here…I bet it was lovely! Nothing like this sunshine.

28 Jessica January 27, 2012

Except that Dr. Weil is anything but vegan…. he is a big fish eater and he uses a lot oils (another no no by pcrm). Boards aren’t necessarily about having carbon copies on thinking but rather diversity and open thinking.

29 Emily (Edible Psychology) January 27, 2012

This looks like such a wonderful vacation so far! I must admit, I am quite jealous as I sit in gray, rainy England…but I am really happy you are getting some sunshine. :-) Thanks for sharing it with those of us stuck in wintry locations!

I’m sure you will come up with your own amazing recipe for tofu lettuce wraps once you are back home, but if you need a fix right away, Emily on Daily Garnish has a great recipe that my boyfriend and I love.

~Emily~

30 Victoria January 27, 2012

So glad you are coming to Sedona. I love it here! Check out Bell Rock or Catheral Rock (start at the Baldwin Trail, off of Verde Valley School Rd). You can actually see my house from this trail! How lucky am I. Food here is ok. Chocolat Tree is the only vegan/raw food place around. However, if you can eat at Elote’s. It is above the King Ranson Hotel and it is amazing!! Have fun and if you need anything call the Sedona Police Department and ask for me! (928-282-3100) Hopefully you won’t be needing to call the Police!!

31 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

haha thanks Victoria! Have you heard of D’lsih restaurant?

32 Victoria January 27, 2012

D’lsih closed several months ago. Now there is a bad pizza place in there spot!

33 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 27, 2012

Wow! I actually just heard about this restaurant via something mentioned in one of my Institute of Integrative Nutrition lectures, and googled the website right away. I can’t believe you got to eat there, that’s amazing!! The food looks so so good. Hope you get a chance to give those legs a stretch! ;)

34 Alex @ Raw Recovery January 27, 2012

Those desserts look great! Have fun in AZ!

35 Raven January 27, 2012

Sedona is easily my favorite place in all of Arizona and I was born there and lived there for the first 18 years of my life. You will LOVE IT.

Make sure you get to Sunset Point in time to check out an Arizona Sunset, it’s worth it :-)

Migley bridge is a great view and of course you’ll want to check out Oak Creek Canyon and Slide Rock if it’s open.

I read the other comment about taking the drive all the way up to Flagstaff and I agree it’s a fantastic drive but it’s also a bit harrowing with it being up the side of a mountain in a really high elevation and a lot of switch backs. With your anxiety, I don’t want you being taken off guard, I believe you can do it, but it’s best that you are prepared for it.

36 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Thanks Raven! I appreciate your help. Is the Sunset Point different from Airport Mesa trail? Eric said he heard that was a great spot to see the sunset.

37 Michelle January 27, 2012

So true, Raven! I totally didn’t think about that :) Maybe you might just want to go partway up the canyon, Angela?

38 Lauren (Maillard's MIstress) January 27, 2012

That looks fabulously yummy! I love your sunglasses, too.

39 Kirsty January 27, 2012

Looks fabulous xx

40 Rachel B January 27, 2012

Oh man that looks so delicious!! I’m REALLY hoping to get a research internship in Flagstaff, AZ for the summer, and I am a big hiker so reading all your trips is making me VERY excited and really hopeful that I get to go. I have family in Phoenix, so it would be nice to spend more time with them as well. You need to eat some tamale’s while you’re out there and then come up with an incredible recipe for them, they are one of my favorites!!

41 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

I hope you get it Rachel! That would be amazing.

42 Laura January 27, 2012

Loved that place! And their desserts are fantastic way to end the meal!

43 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed January 27, 2012

It’s gloomy and rainy here in PA. I’m so jealous of your outdoor lunch and a brew in the sun!!!!

44 Jasper Naomi @ crunchylittlebites January 27, 2012

Did Eric and John share the turkey burger or did they, both, order the turkey burger…it’s be cute if they shared :D

January + Arizona = sunny summer days looks lovely, Angela! enjoy yourself OH S(she)O MUCH(glows – um this last word didn’t really work)! you and your mother are adorable!

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

heh no they got their own :)

46 Britta January 27, 2012

You MUST hike Cathedral Rock. Bear Mountain is also an amazing experience as well as Devil’s Bridge. We also have a hot yoga studio that is fantastic. Enjoy Sedona and check out the breweries and wine rooms while you are here!

47 Amanda January 27, 2012

Wow, that food looks good! I really need to make lettuce wraps. I’ve never attempted to make them myself for whatever reason. Time to change that!

Also, the vegan apple crisp is calling my name… :)

48 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 27, 2012

What a great restaurant! I wish we had one of those around here! The food looks wonderful, and I want to try the spaghetti squash meal your Mom got, just with less cheese!! Have fun, I’m enjoying reading about all the fun your having.

49 Rhona January 27, 2012

That dessert looks amazing. I cannot wait for the Sadona post. I have always wanted to go there. I will live vicariously through you….for now.

50 Helene January 27, 2012

You MUST go to the Enchantment Resort for lunch or a drink when you are in Sedona. The view from the restaurant is spectacular.

51 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 27, 2012

looks delicious!! Great pics :)

52 Christine (The Brighter Side of Life) January 27, 2012

The food looks amazing, especially the lettuce wraps and brown rice bowl with tofu and avocado. Mmmmm…!

I’m more of a wine person than a beer person, but do like a really good, cold beer on a warm sunny day – especially on vacation. Your pics make me want one now! Well, maybe not at 9:45 am. ;-)

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

I know what you mean, I’m the same way!

54 Andrea January 27, 2012

That lunch looks so fresh and yummy! So jealous! I know a woman who is obsessed with Sedona. She is a reiki master and met her reiki “master” there and was trained. She also replicated her wedding there… please take tons of pics!! :)

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

hah that’s cool. I’m sure our pics will top 500 today ;)

56 Beth @ Running on Cloud Nine January 27, 2012

The food looks amazing! We are overdue for a trip to Phoenix to visit relatives, and I am definitely putting this on our list of places to go. I’ve never hiked up to Camelback, but last time we went to Squaw Peak. Love the views!

57 Colleen January 27, 2012

Hey Ang, I was at a restaurant a while back and they said that the teriaki sauce was not vegetarian/vegan because it is made with chicken broth. do you know if this is true for all teriaki sauces?

Thanks!

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Hey Colleen, I’m not sure. I think it’s always best to ask for clarification unless otherwise indicated.

59 Cait's Plate January 27, 2012

Ooooh that looks like my kinda place! Everything looks so incredibly delicious!

60 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 27, 2012

Wow and wow to all that food. I could eat that turkey burger plate for every meal. You’re going to love Sedona.

61 LizAshlee January 27, 2012

When you get home, will you please run to the kitchen and make all those delicious foods and then share the recipes?:) They all look so good…JK to the above, make sure to go home and rest, traveling can take it out of ya!

Happy Friday!

62 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Yes, I def want to make them at home….the best part is they seem quite easy to make!

63 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 27, 2012

No wonder it was so highly recommended- all of that food looks amazing! I would have definitely ordered the same dessert that you did. I will lean towards a fruit crisp or cobbler 10 times out of 10 over anything else on a dessert menu- especially if it’s a la mode.
I hope you try to recreate the lettuce cups when you come home and post a recipe… hint, hint. :)

64 Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf January 27, 2012

Oh man, now I really want to make a vegan apple crisp! And vegan maple ice cream!

65 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 27, 2012

Oh, enjoy Sedona! We spent 4 days there a few years back and I absolutely loved the scenery and trails. It’s gorgeous :)

66 Ileana January 27, 2012

Yum. What a sweet lunch!

67 Kris | iheartwellness.com January 27, 2012

Ok by looking at these pics I have to know how to recreate the lettuce wraps and the flourless cake….that would make me happy today ;)

Have a great time down there!!

xxoo

68 Amanda January 27, 2012

Oh my gah! Acai berry wheat beer?! I am swooning.

69 briana January 27, 2012

so glad you’re having a good trip! i live in scottsdale and frequent true food kitchen regularly–in fact, i chuckled b/c the teryaki bowl with tofu has become my regular meal and the turkey burger is my boyfriend’s! i saw you mentioned d’lish above–have you eaten there yet? i would recommend both that and green…..but i know it’s always hard to squeeze everything in!

70 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Hey Briana! That’s awesome :) so yummy.

We were under the imppression that D’lish is in Sedona, but we couldnt find it and their number was disconnected…perhaps it closed?

71 briana January 28, 2012

Oh, I’m not sure about the one in Sedona, but there is one in Scottsdale–North Scottsdale Road, just south of Thomas. Have a great rest of your vacation!

72 Kerri Conger January 27, 2012

Ooooh HEEEEEY, shout out to Eel River… My homeland :-)

That place looks AWESOME and i cannot wait to see the future recipe of that apple crisp and maple ice cream. I also never had a desire to go to AZ, but now I see why I should (Food, Hiking… HELLO)!

Thanks so much for your blogging dedication.

73 Jesse January 27, 2012

I’m so jealous of this experience! Looks amazing- unfortunate about the small selection though. You’re going to love Sedona- try to hike Bell Rock, and if you want to get gimicky: go to the ‘vortex’ haha

74 Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie January 27, 2012

We have a true food kitchen in California too that is pretty good! A tad bit pricey but very nice :) Last time, I tried the edamame ravioli and fell in love!

75 Susi May January 27, 2012

I love True Food Kitchen — been to the one in LA. It is tasty food that feels like it is actually feeding your body rather than just empty calories.

76 Kit-Kat January 27, 2012

Everything looks so good, especially the brown rice bowl!

77 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 27, 2012

That restaurant looks amazing! I wish we had more places like that in the GTA, not including Toronto. I don’t think I’ve ever come across a restaurant like that here. We have a small handful of vegan restaurants, but none that offer both vegan and non-vegan food! Why is Canada always so behind on food trends? :P

78 Jessica January 27, 2012

They might not have a lot of vegan – that isn’t really their approach – BUT they are supper flexible. The spaghetti squash pasta dish is superb without cheese! Also, they have a vegan kale and carmelized onion pizza that doesn’t come with cheese which just melts in your mouth. The farmer’s market salad is by far the best salad (quinoa, marcona almonds, arugula, avo, green beans… yummy). Also, always get a side of roasted veggies – the best brussel sprouts! – which varies from season to season. You did right by the dessert… the apple crisp!

79 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! January 27, 2012

I love restaurants like that! i food is always so inventive…..not to mention healthy and delicious!! That maples ice cream looks amazing!

80 kristen January 27, 2012

Looks fabulous! You will love Sedona, it is so beautiful and serene! One of my favorite places!

81 Moni'sMeals January 27, 2012

What a lovely meal and time out.
And BOTH OF THOSE desserts look KILLER!

Have a great day. :)

82 Tiff January 27, 2012

I visited True Food Kitchen of Santa Monica once, and I love it! I think I got a curry dish for dinner, but my desert was the strawberry rhubarb crisp. Heaven!

83 Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) January 27, 2012

Wow, that food looks great! Love Eel River! I’m surprised they have it there.

84 Lauren January 27, 2012

I love True Food Kitchen. We have one here in Newport Bach, CA and it’s always a place we go for a date night or when people come into town to visit. I can never get tired of it.

85 Aanstasia@healthymamainfo.com January 27, 2012

I’m jealous now :) Those Shiitake and tofu lettuce cups look so so good!

86 Janou January 27, 2012

True Food is the best!! I’m waiting for them to open one in DC! (fingers crossed) Did you see all of their amazing clean juices? I’ve been meaning to try and replicate them.

87 TeenyLittleSuperChef January 27, 2012

Wow what an absolutely fabulous lunch! I would definitely have ordered the same thing you did. I love when dishes come with huge chunks of tofu in them instead of all scrambled up and hard to detect. Oh holy crap, that apple crisp looks tasty. It’s still breakfast time around these parts, but I want that dessert right now. Maybe apple-cinnamon oats should be in my near future. Oh to heck with it, I’m having desssert!

88 Patricia January 27, 2012

I saw someone mentioned the Enchantment Resort – I got married there, surrounded by the Red Rock Canyons. So beautiful, enjoy!! Sedona is one of my favourite places. Don’t worry about the hike, I did it 4 1/2 months pregnant!

89 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

you were right it was great!

90 Hannah @ PalmBeachRunner January 27, 2012

The apple crumble looks amazing! So vegan is basically anything dairy and meat free?

91 Betty January 27, 2012

I LOVE True Food Kitchen. I’ve tried a lot of their dishes but have never tried a dessert. I must try one next time because they look really good.

92 Mindy January 27, 2012

I had that same rice bowl when I was there in November and I loved it!!! I tried to recreate it, but it didn’t taste the same :( Maybe you can figure out the recipe!

93 Jenny January 27, 2012

That maple ice cream sounds amazing! I wouldn’t have shared either :)

94 Lauren January 27, 2012

My family is from Sedona, it’s an absolutely breath-taking place! I highly recommend hiking Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock or Broken Arrow. As for good eats, Cafe Elote is fancy but has some of the best Mexican food I’ve ever had and for casual daily eats the Wildflower Bakery located next to the Hilton Hotel has a wonderful breakfast and lunch. They also have a Pioneer Foods market there that has some good quick on-the-good vegan and vegetarian options. Enjoy!!!

95 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Thanks Lauren! Cathedral rock was amaaaazing

96 Denise @ Crazy Mother Runner January 27, 2012

What a gorgeous series of photos you’ve had this past week. I am living vicariously through your pictures… back in Sounthern Ontario we’ve had grey skies since Tuesday. That food looks amazing! Looking forward to reading about your hike soon.

97 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Ah yes we aren’t looking forward to the grey skies after all this sun.Maybe we canbring it home on Sunday?

98 Christine LeClair @ CleanLiving / DirtyWorld January 27, 2012

First of all, it must be so wonderful to be sitting on a patio on a warm sunny day, while drinking a beer!!!

Secondly, I wonder if that Acai Berry beer is available in Ontario???

The food there looks absolutely incredible! I look forward to seeing your take on the lettuce bowls in an upcoming post :)

99 Sonia the Mexigarian January 27, 2012

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Sedona. It’s amazingly gorgeous and the energy, wow. I bet your photos are going to be breathtaking.

100 Natalie @fitjamericangirl.com January 27, 2012

Lettuce wraps look awesome. I am most curious as to how that ice cream tastes. I’ve been thinking of getting an ice cream maker and I’m really into vegan ice cream.

101 Brianna January 27, 2012

I’ve been reading your blog for about half a year and this is my first comment. I would like you to know that I use your recipes all the time, and my boyfriend frequently asks “is this Angela’s recipe?” in order to determine how much he is going to like whatever I’m cooking. He is now a big fan of your blog as well, has started cooking himself, and we both enjoy your upbeat and inspiring view of life, as well as your chocolate chip cookies.

Thanks for your great blog, and keep it coming!

102 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2012

Thank you so much Brianna, I’m so honoured!

103 Leah January 28, 2012

If comments had a like button i’d definitely like this one! Keep it up Ange!

104 Marlene January 27, 2012

Enjoy Sedona! it’s amazing and leave at sundown, the reds are incredible! We were there exactly 1 yr ago. Can’t wait to go back. Love your website! I’m telling everyone about it!
signed an Oakville fan!

105 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 27, 2012

Everything looks delicious! I can’t wait to hear about Sedona. I’ve always wanted to go.

106 miranda @ mirmadecollections January 27, 2012

Unreal! You always do hind the greatest little restaurants!
They must be pleased to be featured on your blog :)

107 Sarah January 27, 2012

Angela, Just started reading your blog and I love it. My husband and I just returned from Sedona – make sure to hike Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte – amazing views!!

108 Lorin January 27, 2012

Sedona is gorgeous! I’m from california and my parents and I went there a few times now. It is great. Go to Chocolatree!!

109 Leah January 28, 2012

Nothing wrong with a bit of glam added to a fab hike :)

Looks like a great lunch! I’d love some of that maple ice cream. Maple is such a nice flavour.. especially in cookies!

110 Amber K January 28, 2012

Wow, that food looks delicious! Glad you’re having a great time :)

111 Deirdre January 28, 2012

The sunshine makes your food look like it is glowing! (in a good way)

112 Ally January 28, 2012

Ok seriously…right now it is gloomy and snowing in Toronto. Do you know how jealous I am?? Unfair! :)

113 Docia January 29, 2012

Sounds like a relaxing afternoon out on the patio!

114 Chelsey @ Chew with Your Mouth Open January 29, 2012

Those lettuce wraps look AHHH-Mazing!!

115 Weight Loss King January 29, 2012

The Flourless Chocolate Cake actually made me salivate! :P

116 VeggieGirl January 29, 2012

Oh WOW, what a wonderful place to eat! Im jealous, I wish I had one in my town! I’d love sweet potatoes and kale as a side rather than the average unhealthy fare, eating out could be good for you that way :) And the Acai beer looks almost healthy too ;)

117 Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles January 29, 2012

Yummy looking food!

118 Sarah @ The Healthy Diva January 29, 2012

I must say the food looks sensational…but more than that your hair looks amazing!!!

119 lyndsay January 29, 2012
120 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 29, 2012

awesome!!! Thanks Lyndsay I will check them out :)

121 Karen February 3, 2012

Aaaah, I feel ya – no worries, not a DOUBT you can create sum’in even BETTER your own self! ;D

122 Kelsey January 30, 2012

I live in Phoenix and was just at True Food. Were we there at the same time? Glad you enjoyed your time in Arizona.

123 Karen Singer February 2, 2012

Hi sweetie!! OMG, I HEART True Food Kitchen – I went there this past summer -yummy, and they were really nice, fun atmosphere – two enthusiastic thumbs up…oh and LOVE the kale salad there! Did you try it – It’s fabulous even w/o the parm. :) (I’m usually not a raw kale girl but whoooa – LOL xoxo Karen

124 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 3, 2012

No I didn’t get too since Eric’s had cheese on it…but it looked insanely good!

125 Jaima February 2, 2012

This was the first place we went to eat brunch for our honeymoon the day we flew in. We absolutely loved it and wish they had them in Florida.

126 Hollyrock February 6, 2012

Yea! I am so glad you were able to visit True Food. It is an awesome place to eat. Thanks for coming to Arizona.