Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

IMG 5320 thumb   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 8958 thumb   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 3216   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011IMG 3316 thumb   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 20101108IMG 0034   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 8752 2   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011IMG 2128   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 6950   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011 IMG 4080 2   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

Not many people know that I’m a former stats geek.

During my 2nd year of my undergrad program, I was absolutely terrified to take my first stats course. I thought I was going to fail, thus shattering my dreams of going to grad school. As it turned out, I ended up falling in love with (most) of my stats courses, studied my butt off, and excelled in them. I surprised myself because I’m not normally a math person, but stats appeal to me because they tell a story! Stats have a hook.

I realized that the Best of 2011 recap posts are like a mini research project for me. It’s fun to see what types of recipes you guys love the most!

This breakfast round-up comes at a good time because my breakfasts were all over the place while on holiday. I was eating random things like dinner leftovers, odds and ends (read: cookies), and sometimes I forgot to pack enough breakfast food while away and got by on random pieces of fruit. It wasn’t ideal and didn’t leave me with bursting energy.

My goal for this week is to get into a normal breakfast routine again and back on the Green Monster train!

15. Glowing Sunshine Juice

5. Apple Pie Oatmeal

IMG 9758   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

4. 12 Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait recipes

IMG 4080 21   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

3. Carrot Cake Oatmeal

IMG 6612b   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

2. Vegan Overnight Oats recipes were very popular such as The classic recipe, Blueberry Banana Pie, PB and Jam, and Carob Banana Chia

IMG 6969 2   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

and the #1 breakfast recipe of the year goes to…

1. Classic Green Monster!

IMG 8958 thumb1   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

and the honourable mention award goes to…

Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie!

IMG 0924 thumb   Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

What types of breakfast recipes would you like to see more of in 2012?

Jessica @ Garden Gastronomy January 3, 2012

I’ve been thinking about switching up my breakfasts. Just in time! And peanut butter swirl pancakes? YES PLEASE!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 3, 2012

I SUCK at pancakes. A tutorial+more lessons would be oh so fab. And then maybe, not so flat.

TeenyLittleSuperChef January 3, 2012

Oh man, thanks so much for the compilation of awesome breakfast recipes. I’ve probably made half of them already and plan to make the rest of the list very soon. I especially love the sweet potato oatmeal casserole and have made it for me and my husband about 5 times since you posted it. I can’t wait to try the buckwheat porridge now that I finally got my hands on some raw buckwheat. Kinda hard to find around here for some reason.
As far as what types of breakfasts I’d like to see on OSG, maybe more savory casserole type recipes would be great. I’ve loved all your sweet ones so far and I bet you could make an outstanding savory one. Just an idea :)

Natalie @fitjamericangirl.com January 3, 2012

I see that we’re all on the same wave length here. I’m really trying to cut back on dairy but it’s hard to find a vegan savory breakfast dish that doesn’t involve eggs or cheese. SO Something like that would be appreciated :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012

thanks everyone! great ideas

Adrienne J January 3, 2012

I just made the pumpkin gingerbread smoothie for the first time this morning. So delicious!

Cassidy January 3, 2012

Yes definitely more savoury!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 3, 2012

so much deliciousness !!!

Moni'sMeals January 3, 2012

Man! All of them look so good! Especially 4 and 14! Dishwear too.

I love all your recipes, so just keep them coming… no requests from me. :)

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine January 3, 2012

I’d vote for a savory breakfast oatmeal of sorts! I already love your lunch version :)

Freja January 3, 2012

More Gluten-Free Breakfast in 2012 please!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 3, 2012

I hated stats in my second year of university! :P

It seems like a lot of commenters want more savoury breakfasts, but personally I love all your sweet ones. I have such a sweet tooth in the mornings!

Emily (Edible Psychology) January 3, 2012

I am so glad you are doing these round-up/year review posts. I keep seeing things which I wanted to make when I saw them and then subsequently forgot about…

In terms of the stats, that is one thing I’m afraid we are very different on. I have always loved math, but stats have been a struggle for me since my very first encounter with them. I am still determined to fix this as it may always be a part of my work but since I have always managed to just scrape by with my stats, I have never taken the time to really go back to the basics. Was there a particular textbook you really liked for psychology stats, or do you think it was just the work you put in?

Anyway, please keep the Top 10 posts coming. I’m really enjoying them and have been doing some round-up type posts featuring links to your recipes on my blog (my blog is just a baby so there aren’t enough recipes to do any sort of fair top 10 lists of my own recipes).

~Emily~

~Emily~

Melissa S January 3, 2012

I would love to see more green monster recipes, breakfast smoothies, or gluten free breakfasts! Thank you for your awesome recipes! :)

Jen January 3, 2012

I think the parfait may be my favourite, it’s just so beautiful!

Ashley January 3, 2012

I’d love to see a breakfast burrito. I’ve done tofu scramble in a tortilla that was pretty yummy. Back home we had this fast food place that did potato and egg breakfast burrito and it was topped with queso and spicy salsa verde. Amazing! I’d love to see this veganized! Just an idea. :)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit January 3, 2012

I loved those strawberry pancakes but I think my ultimate favorite breakfast recipe of yours was the baked oatmeal. My gosh, I’ve probably made it at least 20 times since you posted it. Recipes for this year… I’m with a couple of others – savory. I’m so bad at making savory breakfasts and always go for the sweet variety.

suzanne January 3, 2012

So many great recipes…so little time! I must try this sweet potato casserole – it looks amazing. I also want to try more of the VOO (have loved what I have tried)- I have been so addicted to green monsters that I can’t seem to pull away and make VOO. Also have some weird mindset thing about having green monster (lots of veggies – no grains) and replacing with something with less veggies and more grains. Crazy I know – this cold weather may cure that though since VOO can be served warm :-)

Sadie January 3, 2012

I love your overnight oat parfait recipes. Whenever I make them I change small things (the flavor of banana “ice cream”, etc” and they always turn out so yummy!

Cassie January 3, 2012

Your pancake recipe for the peanut butter swirl pancakes actually became the staple pancake recipe for my household :) I was so happy to try a healthy pancake recipe on my family–and for them to love it!! We don’t normally do the peanut swirl, but I just want to say thank you for it! Happy new year! <3

Keri January 3, 2012

Really want to try to re-create the Glowing Sunshine Juice…but my juicer is broken :( However, in the meantime, so many of these recipes look awesome! Also, in #4 Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits, are those old Cascadian farm jelly/jam jars? What a good idea :)

Judy January 3, 2012

Happy New Year Angela!
I love your Green Monsters and VOO. I would love to see more recipes that can be made in advance. That helps give me some extra time in the morning.

Bethany :0) January 3, 2012

I looooove oats, but I’m looking to diversify. I’ve gotten stuck on oats of all varieties and brown rice farina. Maybe something quick, delicious, filling, gluten free (if possible), and oat free to boot? ;0) There’s a challenge!

Heather @ dragonflygirlruns January 3, 2012

My all time favorite… so far… is the overnight oats. Not sure if I can do the Green Monster (can’t have spinach!), next will be the pancakes….. love pancakes!!

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts January 3, 2012

I think there are a lot of recipes in this round up that I’d be happy to have at any time of day :) Which is a sign of a good breakfast I think!

Also, I’m always up for stats, so feel free to intertwine them with your posts for your geekier readers :P

Kathleen January 3, 2012

In the winter, I like a warm breakfast waiting for me in the morning. Perhaps you can come up with some slow cooker breakfasts? Thanks!

K January 3, 2012

LOve green monsters of course! :) Would like to see more weekend breakfasts ideas, other than pancakes… perhaps something that can be baked? Brunch items even?

Thanks!

Cindra January 3, 2012

I am a photographer as well and I have to say….its not just the beautiful, clear pics, but very nice composition Angela. It has my mouth watering every time. I loved this breakfast reminder list! Keep up the great work!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 4, 2012

Thank you! What a lovely compliment :)

Amy January 3, 2012

It always amazes me how yummy your overnight oats look! I wish I had the patience to make mine look pretty! :P

Ally Chick January 3, 2012

Perhaps some vegan waffles, mmm yum! With stewed rhubard and some kind of vegan cream… And what about something like a potato rosti with savoury mushrooms and spinach. I just ate, but my stomach is getting excited thinking about food :)

Burnsy January 4, 2012

I stopped to look at the strawberry shortcake pancakes and thought that was THE ONE for me but then I got sucked into every single breakfast on your list! I LOVE having breakfasts like this for lunch since I can’t live without my shake in the morning. Looks like I have several lunch meals planned out for awhile. I can’t wait!

Leia January 4, 2012

I loved your carrot cake oatmeal too! I want to make it again!

Ashley January 4, 2012

Hi Angela,
Love these recipes!! In answer to your question…
I would love to see more recipes that are oil-free. I am trying out the Engine 2 diet (aka the Health Starts Here challenge at Whole Foods). There seem to be some remarkable benefits to cutting out oil (and even earth balance) and I would love to see some tasty recipes that have substitutions! =)

Nadiya January 4, 2012

I love how people always make the excuse of not having breakfast because they didn’t have time. Your recipe however, like the muffins and some of the porridges could easily be consumed over the period of a few days so you don’t even need to cook in the mornings. Also, the smoothies will take seconds to make as long as you have all of the ingredients prepped beforehand.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 4, 2012

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! All the recipes look wonderful!! Your photos are gorgeous!

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 4, 2012

Breakfast is my favorite time of day…especially with one of your recipes!

LizAshlee January 4, 2012

I don’t know how you choose the top recipes bc ALL your recipes are amazing…I would take each one of these…they all look SO good!!

Rae January 4, 2012

Hi Angela. Thank you so much for this!!! My husband is deployed right now, so I thought to myself, this is the perfect time to get eating healthier and to change my ways, since 70% of the Abs are made in the kitchen. And I myself never really had good ideas what to cook anyways. I’m not a vegetarian nor a vegan. But to get healthier and better, I “veganize” at least 5 meals a week. Your website is helping me out A LOT and they all look soooo fantastic. I can’t wait for tomorrow to try one of your breakfast ideas. Thank you again! You are inspiring!

Kathleen January 4, 2012

I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!!! I’d love to see more breakfast recipes — those are my favorite. :)

Ashley January 5, 2012

So many delicious breakfasts! I still need to try the buckwheat porridge.

Page 2 of 3«123»