Merry Christmas!

409554_325400790811293_250189901665716_1245088_282643411_n

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far! Do you have snow where you are? Nothing here….and very strange!

Thank you for your kind words about my Grandpa in my last post. My family appreciates it so much. We had a great visit with him on Friday and he seems to be doing a bit better than he was earlier in the week. When I asked him how he was doing, he looked at me with a smile and said, “I’m on the mend!” and he was joking with the nurse and very much himself. He hasn’t had much of an appetite, but he loved the Nutcracker cookies I made him. That made me happy.

I ended up baking a couple more batches and giving them as gifts to family this weekend. Eric was not happy to see all the cookies go to another home…

IMG_1218

Well, I think it’s time to open some gifts. My niece and nephew have been up since 4:30am, so we’re pretty much torturing them with the wait.

IMG_1265

1 Mary December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Angela. =) Hope you have a fabulous day!

2 Abby December 25, 2011

Food is love, isn’t it? Even when we feel helpless in certain situations, knowing that we can bring some comfort and joy–even if it’s just in the form of cookies–helps get us through!

I’m in Michigan and it’s a green Christmas, the first in a few years. Oh well.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

3 Stephanie @ Snacking on Sunshine December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas lady! I’m so happy your grandpa seems to be on the mend <3 what a lovely gift.

4 Grandma Carol December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Angela! I have been reading your blog and making your recipes for a year now and I thoroughly enjoy your sense of humor and your food philosophy! Thank you so much and continued success in 2012….very excited to purchase your first cookbook….:):)

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 25, 2011

Thank you Carol!

6 Hannah December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Angela :) have a relaxing day filled with good (vegan) food and friends! Glad to hear your Grandpa is doing better and I hope he continues to do so :)

7 Anne December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Angela! I’ve been enjoying your blog!

8 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

9 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Angela :)

10 Amber K December 25, 2011

Glad your Grandpa is doing better. :) No snow here either. We don’t usually get much snow in my part of Oregon. But it was downright Fall-like yesterday. Merry Christmas!

11 bitt of raw December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

12 'Dee @ 'Dee's Garret December 25, 2011

No snow here in St. Louis, either! And yes, it’s weird.

So glad to hear your Grandpa has his sense of humor and spirit. I’m pulling for him, Ange. He really reminds me of my late grandfather – funny, kind, and wise.

We need kind souls like your Grandpa to stay in our world as long as they can!

13 kristin December 25, 2011

I truly hope you have a Merry Christmas! I’m glad to hear your Grandpa is on the mend. Lol. I’m in Chicago with no snow either! Kinda weird!!

14 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 25, 2011

It’s all green here in Milan too! Merry Christmas Ange. I hope you, Eric, and all of your visitors have a wonderful day celebrating together! :)

15 Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to you & your family, Angela!

16 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 25, 2011

I’d be sad if I was Eric seeing all those cookies going to another home, too. hah!

Hope the kiddos enjoyed present opening. Nothing like “sleeping in”…tll 430am. Whoa. :)

As a mom, I can relate to the Xmas morning insomnia stuff.

17 Amanda December 25, 2011

So glad your grandpa is doing better. We don’t have any snow in Boston, but I did see a few snowflakes this morning! It lasted all of two minutes, but it made me happy. As long as it doesn’t accumulate too much, I like it. :)

Merry Christmas!

18 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas! No snow here either!

19 Sarah @ the-healthy-diva.com December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! Enjoy the day and eat some yummy food. No snow here but that’s cuz I live in Australia….It’s very different having a warm christmas…You definitely can’t eat as much when it’s hot!

20 Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco December 25, 2011

May you have a wonderful and delicious Christmas! ;)

21 Angela December 25, 2011

Thanks everyone! :)

22 Emily (Edible Psychology) December 25, 2011

So glad to hear you got to see your grandpa and he was in good spirits! Hope you enjoy opening gifts. It is so much fun when there are kids involved!!!

23 glowingbil December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas! Cookies were great :)

24 Alex @ Raw Recovery December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas! A fun thing to do for your grandpa might be to make him a Build-A-Bear (not sure if Canada has those) and add a voice box with some notes from all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Just a thought

25 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 25, 2011

that’s really cute!

26 Claire December 25, 2011

Merry Xmas!!! Montreal is suuuuper snowy today! We’re all very happy about it :)

27 Molly December 25, 2011

I’m from Texas! And though some places have snow on the ground here— Not where I am! Merry Christmas!!

28 Jolene (Homespun Heritage) December 25, 2011

Is brown grass an option? Ha! Want me some snow!

29 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 25, 2011

hah that’s prob more accurate ;)

30 Laura December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas! I hear you on the snow! We have barely a dusting of snow on the ground here (wloo, ON) – It’s kinda sad. The past three weeks dbf was in cali and kept asking if we had snow yet, and kept being so disappointed that we didn’t, and wouldn’t be coming home to it!

31 Kit-Kat December 25, 2011

We can relate to the earliness. YAAAAAAAWN! Me and my family went to midnight mass at our Catholic church, which started at 11:30 P.M, ended at 2 A.M., and our drive back home mde it so we did not get back until after 3. By the time we went to bed, it was 4:oo in the morning. And with little siblings, sleeping in is impossible. Well, I’m working on four hours of sleep this merry Christmas day :-)
Merry Christmas!

32 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 25, 2011

It’s funn you posted this poll because as we drove up the driveway tonight coming home from Chirstmas festivities I said to my husband, “it’s so weird how green the grass still is this time of year!” Not that I want any snow covering it though!
Merry Christmas! Hope you had a wonderful day!

33 Raewyn December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas, Angela! :) No snow here – it’s Louisiana, but was cold and rainy all day! Perfect weather for curling up in the house and drinking hot cocoa.

34 Shannon ~ My Place In The Race December 26, 2011

The weather here is so weird! Last year we had a white Christmas, this year it was in the 50’s (F)!

Merry Christmas!

35 Melinda December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

36 Kari @ bite-sized thoughts December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas Angela :)

37 Gail December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas! Glad to hear your grandpa is doing better this week. We got a foot of snow on Thursday, so it was perfect. My mom lives in the mountains and it was beautiful up there!

38 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 26, 2011

I’m so glad to hear your grandpa is doing well! I hope you had a great Christmas. :)

39 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas Angela!

40 Kimberly December 26, 2011

no snow here in Southwest Wisconsin – so weird. I was bummed on Christmas Eve, but come Christmas Day, I was a little relieved we did not have to trudge around in it to visit familia! :)

Merry Christmas!

41 Alaina December 26, 2011

Hope you had a wonderful holiday Angela!! I love the containers for the Nutcracker cookies! Where did you find those? :-)

42 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh December 26, 2011

So glad to hear Grandpa is doing better and loved your cookies!

43 Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 26, 2011

yayyyy so happy for your grandpa!! Amen to his healing and great attitude. And, 4:30 am?!!! I think I’d go insane even IF I WAS a little child, lol :P

44 Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine December 26, 2011

I don’t blame Eric..Those cookies look delicious! Glad your grandpa is feeling a bit better :)

45 Sarah with Veggie Kids December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I’m sad to say that my kids have never seen snow since we live in California. Could I drive to Tahoe and see it? Yes, but I’d prefer to go to the beach! The Nutcracker Cookies look yummy!

46 Linda Thomas December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas! Not as much snow as usual here in our area of B.C., but took the kids for their first ski lesson today at a local mountain and the snow was falling!

47 Sasha from Kale With Love December 27, 2011

Hi Angela, I just came across your blog and it is really marvelous. Bookmarking Oh She Glows page, and can’t wait to read your all posts! I’m fairly new to the blog world, I have a gluten free vegan blog http://www.kalewithlove.blogspot.com if you want to check it out :) I hope my blog dreams can come true as it seems yours did :) Best, Sasha

48 Kris | iheartwellness.com December 27, 2011

I hope you had a FAB holiday, girl!! No snow for us in Vancouver either! Boooo!

So glad to hear your grandpa is doing better! Much Love!
xxoo

49 Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 27, 2011

Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

50 LizAshlee December 27, 2011

Hope you had a wonderful celebration! :)

51 Gena December 27, 2011

Those cookies look superb. Food is love indeed, to echo Abby. Merry x-mas, sweetie. xo

52 Anna @ The Guiltless Life December 27, 2011

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I’m delighted to hear your grandpa is doing better. Over here on the west coast, it’s been super mild! It was 7 degrees and raining Christmas morning in Vancouver :).

53 Laura December 27, 2011

Love the poll – and while I know a “white Christmas” is ideal, I’m glad it wasn’t! I had a lot of driving to do on Christmas day!

Glad you had a wonderful holiday!

54 TeenyLittleSuperChef December 27, 2011

So I made a big batch of Nutcracker cookies over the weekend and they were a huge hit with the family. My dad even asked me to make him a special batch that he can keep in a jar all for himself. This coming from a man used to eating treats only if they contain a least a pound of butter and definitely not vegan. Yay! Thanks for the great recipe! I hope you had a great Christmas. Cheers to the New Year!

55 Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy December 28, 2011

I am hoping that you had a wonderful Christmas!