Merry Christmas!

409554_325400790811293_250189901665716_1245088_282643411_n

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far! Do you have snow where you are? Nothing here….and very strange!

Thank you for your kind words about my Grandpa in my last post. My family appreciates it so much. We had a great visit with him on Friday and he seems to be doing a bit better than he was earlier in the week. When I asked him how he was doing, he looked at me with a smile and said, “I’m on the mend!” and he was joking with the nurse and very much himself. He hasn’t had much of an appetite, but he loved the Nutcracker cookies I made him. That made me happy.

I ended up baking a couple more batches and giving them as gifts to family this weekend. Eric was not happy to see all the cookies go to another home…

IMG_1218

Well, I think it’s time to open some gifts. My niece and nephew have been up since 4:30am, so we’re pretty much torturing them with the wait.

IMG_1265

Page 2 of 2«12
Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy December 28, 2011

I am hoping that you had a wonderful Christmas!

TeenyLittleSuperChef December 27, 2011

So I made a big batch of Nutcracker cookies over the weekend and they were a huge hit with the family. My dad even asked me to make him a special batch that he can keep in a jar all for himself. This coming from a man used to eating treats only if they contain a least a pound of butter and definitely not vegan. Yay! Thanks for the great recipe! I hope you had a great Christmas. Cheers to the New Year!

Laura December 27, 2011

Love the poll – and while I know a “white Christmas” is ideal, I’m glad it wasn’t! I had a lot of driving to do on Christmas day!

Glad you had a wonderful holiday!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life December 27, 2011

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I’m delighted to hear your grandpa is doing better. Over here on the west coast, it’s been super mild! It was 7 degrees and raining Christmas morning in Vancouver :).

Gena December 27, 2011

Those cookies look superb. Food is love indeed, to echo Abby. Merry x-mas, sweetie. xo

LizAshlee December 27, 2011

Hope you had a wonderful celebration! :)

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 27, 2011

Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Kris | iheartwellness.com December 27, 2011

I hope you had a FAB holiday, girl!! No snow for us in Vancouver either! Boooo!

So glad to hear your grandpa is doing better! Much Love!
xxoo

Sasha from Kale With Love December 27, 2011

Hi Angela, I just came across your blog and it is really marvelous. Bookmarking Oh She Glows page, and can’t wait to read your all posts! I’m fairly new to the blog world, I have a gluten free vegan blog http://www.kalewithlove.blogspot.com if you want to check it out :) I hope my blog dreams can come true as it seems yours did :) Best, Sasha

Linda Thomas December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas! Not as much snow as usual here in our area of B.C., but took the kids for their first ski lesson today at a local mountain and the snow was falling!

Sarah with Veggie Kids December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I’m sad to say that my kids have never seen snow since we live in California. Could I drive to Tahoe and see it? Yes, but I’d prefer to go to the beach! The Nutcracker Cookies look yummy!

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine December 26, 2011

I don’t blame Eric..Those cookies look delicious! Glad your grandpa is feeling a bit better :)