Sinless Sticky Toffee Pecan Pudding

Somehow I went from eating raw cabbage to baking one of the richest desserts known to man.

IMG_5593

That’s just how the cookie crumbles sometimes, isn’t it?

However, I should get bonus points for making this classic dessert vegan and almost half the sugar and fat, don’t you think?

Have you ever tried a sticky toffee pudding? Being the sweet tooth that I am, I always loved sticky toffee pudding. You want me to eat a date and sugar filled cake and them dump more sticky toffee sauce on top? AND serve it with ice cream? *dies* There isn’t any pudding actually in this cake, but it’s the method that creates a pudding-like texture.

I figured I could make a vegan version lower in fat and sugar, while still enjoying one of my favourite desserts. So, I set out on a mission to create my first vegan sticky pudding. My goal was simple: Make this toffee pudding taste as good as the original, while slashing the sugar and fat. I also added a whole grain flour to give it a bit of a boost. Traditional British versions vary quite a bit (some steep in tea bags or serve with custard, for example), but I just kept mine basic for the first attempt. I also added in toasted pecans, which isn’t common, but I loved the nutty crunch it added.

And to my surprise, it actually worked! I really cannot imagine this dish being any sweeter than it was.

IMG_5603

We have a few holiday gatherings coming up this weekend and next and I’m trying to figure out what I’m making for potlucks and what food gifts I’m going to give. I have a huge list of healthy dinners and desserts I want to make before the year is out and all these crazy recipe ideas popping into my head! So…expect to see a mix of holiday desserts and The 12 Days of  Healthy Dinner Recipes over the next while. I’m also in the process of meeting with cookbook publishers over the next couple weeks (which I didn’t expect to happen so soon!). It’s a crazy, but exciting month. I really just want it to slow down so I can do everything I want to do.

Anyways, this was my first time making sticky toffee pudding and I was happy to see how easy it is to make. For such an elegant looking dessert, it’s really fool proof. (Don’t be put off by my long directions….I just made them very detailed so there would be no second guessing.)

We’re having friends over for dinner on Sunday and I will be making this dessert for sure…it’s absolutely amazing straight from the oven, served with warm toffee sauce, with a scoop of vegan ice cream and toasted pecans! This is one of those desserts that are great served on a cold night, cozied up with loved ones watching your favourite holiday show on TV.

Or reality TV shows if you are like us. I don’t know what’s more mind-numbing….watching Kris Humphries or Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer for the 765 time.

IMG_5604

Sinless Sticky Toffee Pecan Pudding

This sticky pudding cake has the perfect amount of sweetness, remaining true to the original classic dessert, without going overboard. The cake is fantastic; once the sauce is poured on, it turns into a gooey, moist, and dense cake. The toasted pecans add a lovely texture to this dish and I don’t recommend skipping them unless necessary. Whatever you do…serve this dish WARM!

print this recipe!

Inspired by Taste.com.au and Historical Foods.

Yield: 6-8 servings

For the cake:

• 200 grams pitted dates (about 1.5 cups), roughly chopped
  • 1.5 cups almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup Earth Balance (or other vegan butter substitute), lightly softened
  • 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar (75 grams) OR 1/2 cup Sucanat
  • 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans, divided
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4  tsp kosher salt
  • 1 & 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose)

For the toffee sauce:

• 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp brown rice syrup*
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unpacked brown sugar (35 grams) OR Sucanat
  • 3 tbsp Earth Balance
  • 1 tbsp  vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp almond milk
  • salt, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 325F and toast the pecans for about 8-10 mins. Now, preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish or an 8-inch square pan with Earth Balance. .

2. In a medium sized pot, bring 1.5 cups of almond milk to a low boil. Add in the chopped and pitted dates and reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 minute, remove from heat, and stir in baking soda. It will froth up a bit.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together the softened Earth Balance and brown sugar until no clumps remain. You can also use an electric mixer if desired. Now add in the date & almond milk mixture and stir.

4. Add the dry ingredients (cinnamon, salt, 1/2 cup of pecans, and whole wheat pastry flour) into the wet and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.

5. Bake at 375F for 27-28 minutes, or until the cake gently springs back when you touch it.

6. Toffee sauce: About 10 mins before the cake is done, make your toffee sauce by whisking together the sauce ingredients in a pot (use the same one). Bring to a low simmer over medium heat, and then reduce heat to low, whisking frequently making sure it doesn’t burn. Heat for about 5 minutes while standing over the pot to stir & watch. Remove from heat and set aside.

7. Remove cake from oven, let it cool for a few minutes, and then prick with a fork or toothpick all over. I made about 100 holes. Pour 2/3 of the toffee sauce over the top of the cake (reserving the other 1/3 of the sauce for later) and smooth out with a spoon.

8. Scoop out your portions onto plates, drizzle with remaining sauce, and top with toasted pecans. Serve with a side of your favourite vegan ice cream (I love coconut bliss).

*Note: Other liquid sweeteners may work instead of brown rice syrup (you can use honey if you eat it), however the taste and consistency will change slightly. Maple syrup would also work, although it won’t get quite as thick.

After I made this cake, I realized that some recipes actually mix everything straight into the pot on the stove! I think I will certainly try that next time to save cleaning another bowl.

The batter for the sticky toffee cake is quite thick and dense, but far from being dry.

IMG_5573

Spoon batter into your prepared dish. I used a pie dish because they photograph better than the 8-inch square pans, but feel free to use whichever you prefer. Single serving ramekins might be fun too! Although, you’d probably have to reduce the cooking time slightly for single servings.

IMG_5576

After baking about 28-30 minutes…it’s golden and slowly springs back after being touched.

IMG_5577

Grab a fork or toothpick and make about 100 holes all over the top of the cake. Get out all your holiday frustrations! This allows the sauce to sink into the cake and make it all gooey and wonderful!

IMG_5579

Pour on 2/3 of your toffee sauce, leaving the rest for later.

IMG_5580

IMG_5581

The sauce will soak into all those holes and create a gooey and dense, “pudding-like” cake.

IMG_5582

Check that out!

IMG_5586

Now portion out your servings onto plates or bowls and drizzle on more toffee sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining toasted pecans and serve with a scoop of vegan ice cream.

IMG_5593

IMG_5592  IMG_5588  IMG_5589

Prepare yourself for a dessert you won’t soon forget.

IMG_5597

You will, however, forget all about the sugar, cream, and butter that I cut out.

IMG_5608

Trust me on this one.

1 LizAshlee December 15, 2011

Just stopped by to browse your recipes for banana bread but these photos caught my eye…sticky..pecan…syrup…YUM!! :)

2 cheryl December 15, 2011

omg … you have outdone yourself this time … wow .. looks amazing

3 Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes December 15, 2011

This looks STUNNING. MY what a wonderful holiday dish. Can’t wait to try it!

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 15, 2011

Uh-mazing. I’ve never had sticky toffee pudding but you just made it look too good to resist!

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 15, 2011

Oooh my… my neighbour in Bahrain used to make the most divine sticky toffee pudding and I miss it so so much! I’m loving the sounds of this lightened up version!

6 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 15, 2011

I love the transition from yesterday’s post to this :)

7 lauren @ spiced plate December 15, 2011

Oooh — since it’s sinless, I’ll have twice as much! yum! Thanks for sharing — I want to make this over the weekend for my pecan-loving husband who just finished finals! yeay!

8 Katrina December 15, 2011

Oh my! This sounds lovely!

9 Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa December 15, 2011

Amazing. I was just in England a few weeks ago and have a delicious sticky toffee pudding. I begged the chef for the recipe and have been dying to re-create it (vegan style) at home. So…thanks for doing the work for me!

10 Rebekah December 15, 2011

This looks incredible! Wondering which vegan ice cream(s) you prefer??

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

Thanks Rebekah, I really enjoy Coconut Bliss brand. It’s expensive so we don’t buy it often, but it’s lovely for a treat.

12 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition December 15, 2011

My father would die if I came home with this! It’s his favorite kind of food. Thanks Angela : )

13 Lindsey December 15, 2011

Yum! I had another dessert planned for Christmas but this looks too yummy not to make! Decisions, decisions! Or maybe I make both ;)

14 Ashley December 15, 2011

I’ve never had sticky pudding! But I’m in charge of cooking for our Christmas dinner this year, so I might be putting this on the table. It looks amazing!

15 Cat @Breakfast to Bed December 15, 2011

oh dear, that’s just amazing. I want some for real. I LOVE dates.LOVE them. I put them in so many recipes and love that this is kinda designed FOR them. Amazing.

16 Jesse December 15, 2011

This looks amazing! Thanks for the amazing vegan desserts you make- I need a few for my parties and dinners!

17 Kris | iheartwellness.com December 15, 2011

Oh WOW, you’re killing me over here…seriously this looks like gooey heaven!

HAHAH!!! Kris Humphries really picks my ass, but I still watch that dang Kourtney and Kim take New York…I just caught up on the latest epi last night!

xxoo

18 Amanda December 15, 2011

I don’t think I’ve ever tried sticky toffee pudding, but I have a killer sweet tooth, so I’d probably love it. Your lightened up version looks fabulous!

19 Lys December 15, 2011

I love sticky toffee pudding! And I totally thought I’d never be able to eat it again when I went on a plant based diet. Thank you!

20 jenna December 15, 2011

Ohhhh man, this looks amazing! I keep forgetting to make a vegan version of this dessert, but thanks to your post, tonight’s the night! What better to follow a huge salad down with?

21 Anna @ On Anna's Plate December 15, 2011

I’ve never tried this dessert– but now I DEFINITELY want to!!!

22 katie@ KatieDid December 15, 2011

I’m thinking of always dumping toffee into holes on any cake I make from now on. Seriously… how have I never seen or thought of this sooner- instantly the moistest cake ever! SO delicious looking, I’m sure your guest will love it.

23 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

I agree, it’s a great method

24 Dutchgirl Sam December 15, 2011

LOVE it! Wouw, that looks great! Today I had yesterdays salad for lunch and I’ll surely make this incredible recepy this weekend (without the sugar, don’t eat that). Thanks!

25 jenna December 15, 2011

you kill me with your desserts. they always look amazing!! this is on my to make list for sure.

where do you buy your brown rice syrup from? is it affordable?

26 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

I buy it in bulk (well technically using up leftovers from my bakery…I have huge PAILS of it). But you can find it at loblaws/superstore in the natural food section or Whole Foods has it too, among others. It’s on the pricier side, around $10 or so for a bottle here in Canada I think. I haven’t bought it in a while because I’ve had it in pails for so long. You could probably find it cheaper online, like many natural food products.

27 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction December 15, 2011

Looks sinful! YUM

28 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 15, 2011

I’ve been wanting to make a vegan sticky toffee pudding for AGES, and now I’ve got one yaay!! :D

Would I be able to make this without nuts though? Or can you suggest a good sub? Some of my family are allergic!

29 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

Yes you can definitely make it without the nuts…it’s optional. :)

30 kaila @ healthyhelper December 15, 2011

WOW! Talk about mouth watering! You are a perfect example of how healthy things can still be decadent and tasty! This recipe sounds amazing!

31 Judy December 15, 2011

Oh my goodness. That looks amazing! Thanks for all your hard research, I am very happy to reap the rewards. I think I will try making it over xmas with my family.

32 Mary @ Bake Break December 15, 2011

Oh my gosh! That looks incredible!! At least you have the raw cabbage to balance you out – I feel like I’m made of sugar these days!

33 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 15, 2011

This looks…divine! I love bread puddings and dense “low” cakes that are not overly cakey and puffy; but more dense and flat…this one looks perfect! And then with the sauce. I don’t even need cake or brownies really; just give me a vat of frosting or sauce. I like a little cake with my sauce and brownie with my frosting. lol

Great job on the re-make on this..AND the photos are beautiful. They set the mood, the lighting is wonderful, the dishes are adorable, there is diversity in the angles and the shots…seriously….just gorgeous photography! And the pouring/action shot…you rocked it. I hope you submitted these!

34 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

You are too kind Averie…thank you. I adore your photography as well!

35 Beth December 15, 2011

Oh, Angela…. you have outdone yourself…… Can’t wait to try it, then have a Back on Track salad the next day!!!

36 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 15, 2011

Sticky toffee is one of my all-time favorite holiday desserts… to order in restaurants where I can magically forget all about the sugar and butter. Love how you lightened this up to a point where I can make it from home! :)

37 Anna @ The Guiltless Life December 15, 2011

You have no idea what this recipe means to me! I grew up with English parents and my aunt made a to-die-for Sticky Toffee Pudding. I went back to England this past May to visit for the first time in ten years and I couldn’t partake in her amazing pudding because sugar just makes me so yuck…:(. I really missed it! Now I can make it myself – I can easily sub in coconut palm sugar or Sucanat for the brown sugar. Yum!

38 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

Those sugar subs are a great idea…I will have to try that Sunday! Thanks for the idea :) Im happy that you are excited about it…I hope you like it. Let me know!

39 Casey @ Insatiably Healthy December 15, 2011

Yum! I make a similar vegan sticky date pudding. This reminds me heaps of it :)

40 Rachel December 15, 2011

OH MY GOD! I have all the ingredients in my kitchen right now. Excuse me, I have some sticky toffee pudding to make.

41 Rachel December 15, 2011

Ridiculous to make two comments on the same post, maybe? But I have an idea: Sticky toffee pudding overnight oats. Chopped up dates, pecans, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Yep, tomorrow morning’s breakfast. Done.

42 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

Umm….wow…can I come over?

43 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 15, 2011

Making this. ohmygosh YUM :D

44 Tonya December 15, 2011

O.M.G. I saw that picture and the words “sticky toffee pecans” and for the first time ever I was not interested in any of your lovely writing. I immediately scrolled down to the recipe! LOL will make this this weekend :-) Ang, you rock! I think i’ve made more of your recipes this month than ever!

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

haha :) I probably would have too.

46 Zoe December 15, 2011

I love reading your blog and enjoy your recipes. I was all set to make your brownie pumpkin pie with pecan streusel for my Christmas contribution but now ….. What a dilemma. Sticky Toffee is one of my all time favourites. Thank you for such a wonderful dilemma :-)

47 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 15, 2011

Wow I’ve never tried, seen, or even heard of anything like this before! It looks to die for!
Good luck meeting with the cookbook publishers!!!!

48 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

Thank you very much! Im a huge ball of nerves right now.

49 Ally December 15, 2011

DUDE…I’m not even vegan and I will so be making this. Look at that sauce!

50 Lauren December 15, 2011

This looks so good!. I’ve made another vegan version of this many times, as it’s my boyfriends favorite dessert. But I like how you’ve lightened up this version. I would like to try it this weekend for a holiday party I’m having. Any ideas of how to do some prep ahead of time so I’m not stuck in the kitchen while the party is going on without me?

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

Hey Lauren,

Good question! I was wondering the same thing. I’m not sure, but I would think you could make the cake and sauce ahead of time (without adding on the sauce).

Prior to serving you could gently heat the cake in the oven, perhaps? Maybe 5-6 minutes or so to make sure it was heated through. If you do this, you might want to bake the cake for a couple minutes less just to prevent over baking it. You could keep the sauce in the saucepan on the stovetop until ready, and then just reheat it directly on the stove top, pour it over the cake, and reserve some of it for the topping. Of course, the pecans can be toasted ahead of time too. Please let me know if you end up trying it out. I think above all, just make sure it’s warm when serving as its so lovely that way. Have fun at your party!

52 Shannon January 27, 2013

I’ve just made the pudding for my dinner party tonight! I too wanted to make it ahead of time, so my plan is to only cook for 24 minutes, and then reheat for 5-10 just before serving in a 325 oven. Hopefully it doesn’t overbake! I’ll let you both know how it worked out.

Ps, this recipe couldn’t be simpler! Less than 20 minutes altogether. Thanks Angela!

53 Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy December 15, 2011

Holy moly! Can I have some of that right now! That looks amazing!

54 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner December 15, 2011

WOW! Angela, this looks amazzzzzzing!! Now i’m craving something sweet even more!

55 Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 15, 2011

That looks so good! What a great brunch recipe!

56 Hayley @ Oat Couture December 15, 2011

Oh wow!! Sticky toffee is one of my favourites and the fact that this one is vegan and ‘healthy’ just makes me want it all the more! Bookmarked!!! :)

57 K December 15, 2011

This looks ridiculously good!! I will have to try this recipe out. Never had sticky toffee pudding before!

Thank you!

58 Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles December 15, 2011

I’ve never had toffee pecan pudding, but I love love LOVE sticky desserts so this is right up my alley!

59 Tiffany L December 15, 2011

Oh, Thank You So Much! I was talking to someone about sticky toffee pudding the other day and thinking…nope, never going to have that again because of the richness and the butter and the cream, etc etc! This was one of my favorite desserts while living in Scotland for 3.5 years. So thank you for thinking it all through! This is just awesome!!

60 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

I hope you enjoy it!

61 Alicia @beingLA December 15, 2011

Wow. This looks so heavenly! Sinless desserts are my go-to’s. Thanks!

62 Tricia December 15, 2011

Wow! Thank you for this. I’m British and always make a bee-line for the sticky toffee pudding when we visit. I keep it for those annual treats as it would be just too tempting to go overboard if I made it at home. Thank you for creating this more healthful version. May have to add it to my Christmas menu.

63 Cait's Plate December 15, 2011

Looks absolutely incredible as always!!

64 hannah alehandra December 15, 2011

My, oh my, Angela! This looks like heaven on a plate. Thank you!

65 Fiona December 15, 2011

Ahhhh! I am so excited about this recipe! I found out that this is my favorite dessert on a trip to Australia, but you cannot find it in America at all (or at least not in California). And now you’ve made a vegan and healthier version?? Yes! This is so awesome! Thank you for creating this recipe – I can’t wait to make it myself!!

66 Jennifer @ Sweetly Vegan December 15, 2011

another delicious recipe!!! I love anything “sinless” during the holidays!!! going to make this when I return home to Minne for the holidays!!! I would love to see some sinless fudge!!!

67 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit December 15, 2011

I’m speechless. I want to eat the whole thing. In fact, I know if I made this I WOULD eat the whole thing. Maybe it’d be worth cutting the ingredients and making it into a 1 serving cake in a small ramekin? My gosh!

68 Heidi @ Food Doodles December 15, 2011

That looks absolutely incredible. I honestly have never tried a “pudding” like this, but it looks amazing and certainly sounds delicious too. I’m sure I would love it!

69 Char @ www.charskitchen.ca December 15, 2011

omg. your recipes everyday are just torture. I’ve never had sticky toffee pudding, but I love toffee and I love pecans! Looks amazing <3

70 Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 15, 2011

oh. my. goodness. This looks like HEAVEN!

71 Jesse (OutToLunchCreations) December 15, 2011

I recently tried Sticky Toffee Pudding a couple months ago and I feel in love with the moist gooeyness. I have to try this with slept flour over the holidays!

72 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 15, 2011

HOLY YUM. I can feel a cavity coming in just looking at this one but I could care less. Makin dis.

73 Jennifer L December 15, 2011

Divine Angela!! I wanted to eat my screen it looks so good – this is one of my favourite desserts. YUMMMMM!!

74 jo @ includingcake December 15, 2011

this looks amazing- a nice bit of traditional english dessert- yay! i really like the sauce concept as it could be used for lots of recipes to make a ‘saucey cake’, mmmm it’s got all sorts of ideas running around my head!

75 Sonia (the Mexigarian) December 15, 2011

I’m pretty sure if I were wearing jeans, the button would pop straight off. The sheer sight of the dessert just added holiday lbs to my frame. lol. but I will make this. It looks too good to pass up :D

76 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 15, 2011

I’ve never had sticky toffee pudding before, but it looks amazing! I can’t say no to any dessert made with dates.

That’s awesome news about meeting with some cookbook publishers! Good luck. :)

77 Celeste December 15, 2011

My roommate thought this was gorgeous and made it. She subbed out the 1/2 C brown sugar (she’s allergic) with 1 really ripe banana (used honey for the sauce) and it was divine. Thanks!

78 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

That’s great to know…thanks for the tip!

79 Maria @ Sinfully Nutritious December 15, 2011

Looks so delicious. Great photos too.

80 Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) December 15, 2011

This looks really, really good!!! You say that you don’t recommend leaving out the pecans, but would it still work without them? My mom doesn’t like nuts in desserts, but I would still love to try this sometime! :)

81 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

yes for sure it would still work great :)

82 sarah December 15, 2011

So exciting! Definitely making this for my English in-laws for Christmas :-)

83 Cindy December 15, 2011

that looks like a great holiday treat!

84 Melissa S December 15, 2011

Wow….this looks fantastic! Do you have any recommendations for subbing in flour to make this recipe gluten free?

85 Becca December 15, 2011

And THIS is why of love OSG: healthy meal-time recipes balanced with incredible desserts. Yum.

86 Kit-Kat December 15, 2011

I trust you,!

87 Jessica @ Hungrygems December 15, 2011

This is righteously inexcusable. The most perfect mound of moist cake-like pudding doused in thick, sweet syrup without any ability to make this happen right now right here in front of me. This may be one of the only batters that I would be willing to leave taste-free as an investment in that brilliant final product. This looks outrageously divine – can’t wait to try!

88 Megan Wall December 15, 2011

JOLLY GOOD SHOW!
:D I was recently in London accompanying my Father on a business trip and we were lucky enough to stay in the Hotel Chesterfield- beautiful, historic, stick your nose up as you walk in kinda place…
Anyways, every night after our galumphing about the town we would situate ourselves in the “Chesterfield Gentlemen’s Lounge” -ladies permitted now of course- even a lady of the tender age of 17 :D …ANYWAYS. my point. I ordered sticky toffee pudding for the first time ever and practically licked the plate clean… in a gentlemen’s lounge :) hehe!
Turns out I’m a bit of an Anglophile, workin towards a major in British History so this post made me incandescently happy. Thank you! will definitely be making this for my family!
sorry for the story…
looking ever forward to seeing what you make next! <3

89 Merrill December 15, 2011

Oh my goodness, I’m so excited for this recipe!! In my pre-vegan days, sticky toffee pudding was my absolute favorite dessert. I wanna make this right now! I’m curious though, how does it hold up the next day? Is it a “make it and eat immediately” type of dessert or does it do okay with reheating?

90 Hilary December 15, 2011

I want to make this for my Dad who is a sticky toffee pudding lover. But I won’t tell him its vegan and somewhat healthy! :)

91 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh December 15, 2011

I can’t even come up with proper words. Magnificent comes to mind.

92 vegantester December 15, 2011

this will probably sound blasphemous but… i HATE HATE HATE dates, but i love a regular toffee pudding – any ideas how i could make this without the dates? like, if i just left out the dates, would i need to sub in something else?

93 Arielle (Your Vegan Girlfriend) December 16, 2011

Bahh if only this was gluten-free! Need to try to make this w a gluten-free flour lend because I’ve never wanted to eat something more in my life.

94 jessie ann james December 16, 2011

Hey there! Im jessie and I seriously stop by for so many recipes! Just wanted to say thanks and those pics make we want pie…like now! YUMMY!!

95 Burnsy December 16, 2011

Hey Angela, the classic version of this is probably my husband’s favorite dessert. I decline to eat much of it because it is so loaded with naughty stuff which means I will get to enjoy when I use your recipe! I’m curious if any of the sugar could be substituted with Grade B maple syrup? Somebody above mentioned a coconut palm sugar – I haven’t come across this one yet. Is it granulated and what is the replacement ratio? I’m also curious to know if you have heard of Whey Low? I’m trying to move away completely from refined sugars including brown sugar. I’d love to hear your thoughts. And, from what I have been reading, although fat does equal more calories, fat slows the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream and prevents blood sugar levels from spiking which is when our body starts storing instead of burning. Butter will do the trick and earth balance is an awesome way to go. So don’t let people panic about fat! Thanks for your recipes – your vegan burritos turned out fabulous when I made them the other night!

96 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2011

Im going to try it this weekend with Sucanat as a sweetener and I will report back on how that works. Maple syrup would be tricky as it would change the wet to dry ratio.

97 Julia December 16, 2011

I am speechless….. This dish just looks amazing!!!
And I totally know that I’d love it even though I’ve never tried toffe pudding – just from looking at the beautiful pictures.

Good luck with the publisher meetings! I can’t wait to buy your cookbook. :)

98 Alexandra T December 16, 2011

sweet baby jesus! this looks amazing

99 Rebecca December 16, 2011

Hey, thanks for putting in the “grams”! Makes it much easier for European readers/cooks :)!

100 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2011

I will keep that in mind :)

101 greenthyme December 16, 2011

Wow this looks delicious. I love how you cut the sugar down too. I’m a big fan of using dates in desserts too. Great photography by the way.

102 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 16, 2011

Holy crap Angela! This looks out of this world, and to top it off it seems reasonably healthy, you did it! I bow my head to you!!

103 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 16, 2011

I’ve actually never had sticky toffee pudding, but this looks divine. And I love using dates for sweetness in recipes (or a combo of ripe bananas and dates). I often don’t even have to add any additional sugar (or agave, etc.)
I am loving this recipe series!!

104 Hilary December 16, 2011

You read my mind! My sister and I fell in love with sticky toffee pudding when I studied abroad in England. Her birthday is coming up next week and I was planning on making her one. This is perfect!!

105 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2011

thats so nice of you…enjoy :)

106 Jenna | The Paleo Project December 16, 2011

You had me at sticky. Toffee. and Pecan. DONE.

107 Rose Chilibeck December 16, 2011

Oh WOW…yet another recipe I’m rushing to the kitchen to make….I”ve always wanted to make a home made pudding but it always looks so difficult and so many ingredients…this one looks perfect and I can’t wait to try!!! :))

108 Moni'sMeals December 16, 2011

Did you say….Sinless Sticky Toffee Pecan Pudding??

I can’t wait to try this. It looks and sounds just fantastic!

Oh and I DO trust you, trust me. ;)

109 Dani December 16, 2011

My mouth is watering just looking at that!!! maybe this is what i’ll make for christmas dinner!!

I’d love it if you would check out my new blog at chocolatecoveredsneakers.wordpress.com

110 Wendy Irene December 16, 2011

The sticky toffee pecan pudding looks wonderful! “I really just want it to slow down so I can do everything I want to do.” <- Amen to that! I know just what you mean :)

111 Krista December 16, 2011

Oh my! This looks incredible!!! :D I think I’ll try using a GF flour blend and see if it turns out!

112 Tracy @ Commit to Fit December 16, 2011

I had no idea what sticky toffee pudding was until last year and I am glad I found out! This looks fantastic. :)

113 Roz December 16, 2011

O.M.G! With a capital O! Thank you Angela!

114 olivia December 16, 2011

This has nothing to do with the amazing recipe above (Will so being making it soon!) but, I had the stomach flu this past week and I was totally stumped on how to get protein in without upsetting my stomach! I was able to get by on day one with miso soup, rice and toast. But by day two, I was feeling very weak from no protein. I haven’t come across anything online (they just recommend BRAT). It took a full day of high protein food after my stomach calmed down before I stopped feeling woozy : ( I know you also pay attention to healthy protein levels, so I was wondering if you had any ideas?

115 Natalie December 16, 2011

I wonder if instead of rice you could try quinoa it is high in protein for a grain, may not give you as much as you need but should be more then rice alone but might be gentle on the stomach like rice

116 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2011

quinoa is a great idea….I was also thinking hemp seeds? I find both are very easy on my stomach and hemp is a great protein source.

117 Natalie December 16, 2011

Do you think that the almond milk could be replaced with coconut milk or soy milk? I’m trying to make a dessert and my sister in law is allergic to nuts
Thanks can’t wait to try this one

118 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2011

yes I cant see why not!

119 Kathy December 17, 2011

I’m drooling.

120 Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles December 17, 2011

My stomach just grumbled reading this, seriously. I’m thinking of foregoing lunch and eating a whole recipe of this myself!

121 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 17, 2011

oh. my. gosh. that looks like absolute heaven.

122 Kasey @PowerCakes.blogspot.com December 17, 2011

wow this looks sooo amazing!!

123 Emily December 17, 2011

Oh my! I am so excited to try making this! Sticky toffee pudding is one of the things I miss most with not eating dairy. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

124 Cristina December 18, 2011

Angela,

I had a Christmas party last night and happened to have all the ingredients in the pantry, so I thought I’d whip this up. I used Turbinado sugar because it’s all I had. This is hands down the best dessert I’ve ever had and all of our friends throughly enjoyed it as well! Thank you for posting! I am making it for Christmas next week too

125 Stacy December 18, 2011

Omg my mouth is watering. I’ll have to make this tomorrow. Can’t wait.

126 Jonathan December 18, 2011

Um….YES. I love your intention of making an extremely decadent dessert healthier while still retaining the nostalgic flavor and impression of eating something bad for you. But I wouldn’t call it ‘Sinless’ – that may take some of the fun out of it. :)

Thank you for sharing, Angela!

127 Jenny$1983 December 19, 2011

I cannot thank you enough for this recipe. This is my absolute favourite pudding in all the world (although I love it with custard – I’m from the north west of England!), but I very sadly gave up on it years ago. Now, I hope to make this, and if it’s a success it will be my first true “Now I can die happy” moment.

Thank you so much, you wonderful, beautiful, talented lady you :)

128 Elyse December 19, 2011

I made this on Friday night – amazing!!!!!

Thanks so much for your hard, and delicious, work!!

129 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 19, 2011

Glad to hear that!!

130 Tamar December 19, 2011

Fantastic recipe, I made it and wouldn’t change a thing…except maybe adding a bit of Brandy to the toffee sauce!

131 AGS December 21, 2011

Just so you know, a friend of mine in Russia is now desperately trying to find almond milk so she can make this on Saturday (American Christmas Eve).

132 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 21, 2011

Wow, good stuff! Can she find soy milk? That would work too

133 Katalin December 21, 2011

That. Was. DELICIOUS. I made this the day after you posted it, and it was to die for. My whole family gobbled it up in one sitting. It’s definitely a keeper! The sauce was amazing!

134 Kat @ a dash of fairydust December 24, 2011

My sister wanted to whip up something for me for Christmas and when she asked me what I’d like to have,I decided on this one… It’s soooo good,I guess I haven’t eaten anything compareable for YEARS! Thank you so much for this awesome recipe,Angela!

135 Jess December 24, 2011

I just made this for our Christmas Eve dessert and we loved it!! The flavor is so incredibly rich!!
As always, thank you so much for your delicious recipes and wonderful stories!

136 Ellen December 25, 2011

I made this for my (non-vegan) family on Christmas Eve and it was a huge hit! Absolutely delicious and it had a great toffee flavor.

137 Maya-Lin December 26, 2011

Just completed the recepie this morning (prepd the cake Christmas eve and decided to add the toffee sauce and dig in for breakfast :) and it is DIVINE. The dates were such a lovely addition and the coconut bliss brought all the flavors together wonderfully. Im in desert heaven. Literally. I write this as i glide atop a fluffy cloud overlooking desertopia. The view is quite nice. This is my first vegan Christmas and by far the best. Love what you do!!

138 Rose Chilibeck December 26, 2011

I made this last night for our Christmas dinner and WOW…so amazing! I can’t believe how EVERY recipe of yours turns our so perfectly!! I took a picture of mine and posted to your FB page!! Here’s to a New Year filled with more “Oh She Glows” recipes :))

139 Krista December 26, 2011

I made this with Namaste Gluten Free Flour Blend and it turned out beautifully!!! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!

140 Candace April 25, 2012

I made this and it turned out perfectly! Only change I made was to use GF AP flour. I think I had to bake it for an extra few minutes due to that. I was wondering though, if you thought it would be possible to turn this into a muffin recipe?

141 Angela Merchant June 5, 2012

This is amazing! My sister and I created a 5 course vegan dinner for my parents, using lots of your recipes (thank you!) But this dessert was the best! It was the perfect ending to a perfect meal, sweet, sticky, delectable. I used spelt flour instead of all-purpose to keep it all whole grain and it was tastier than ever. Thanks for all the fantastic recipes!

142 jodi m August 11, 2012

Hi there from Melbourne, Australia. Came across your website and made the enchilada bake and the dessert above, what a WOW factor meal!!! Absolutely delicious!!! I have made some dud recipes (as I have only been vegan for one month!), and yours are definate highlights of my vegan cooking, which I will be making again….and again!!!! And wonderful for non-vegan eaters to enjoy as well!!!
With the pudding, after I took it out of the oven, it had cracks in it, so I brushed the sauce on (where it soaked into the cracks!!!), then placed pecans all over the top and drizzled more sauce on top, it looked fantastic!!!!!
Can’t wait to try more of your recipes, you are amazing!!

143 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 12, 2012

Thank you so much Jodi, Im so happy to hear that! Take care :)

144 Anne-Michelle Frances November 13, 2012

We have a nut allergy in our house, and the only nut we can have is almonds. Are the pecans a requirement, or can they be omitted or substituted with something else? This looks too divine to pass up!

145 hong mei November 19, 2012

just made this (a gluten free version) and it is sooooo amazing. I had to stop myself just now from just eating it out of the pan (after my initial taste test).

146 TRP December 19, 2013

Wow! What flour did you use? I need to make a GF vegan dessert for Christmas Eve and this would be perfect, as long as I can do it GF.
Thanks

147 Jordan November 20, 2012

This may be a silly question, but I am always curious about desserts made with dates… Is the date taste really prominent? I am not a fan of dates, unfortunately, but this and other recipes on here look soooo delicious and I would love to try them!

148 Andie November 23, 2012

I cannot get over how amazing this dish is. I made it yesterday for Thanksgiving and it was phenomenal. When I ate dairy, I was a bread pudding fanatic and I thought nothing would ever be as delicious. I was wrong. This is by far the best dessert I’ve ever had. My whole family loved it! This will definitely make an appearance again at Christmas. Outstanding! Thank you so much!

149 Geosomin December 17, 2012

Would this be good gluten free do you think (just sub out a GF flour mix)? I’m in charge of dessert this christmas and am craving sticky toffee pudding but have family members that need GF dessert.

150 Geosomin December 26, 2012

Mmm…made a gluten free version of this for our christmas dessert and it was delicious!
Thanks :)

151 TRP December 19, 2013

Hi! Could you let me know what GF flour you used?
Thanks
Rose

152 jen December 26, 2012

so this recipe was to DIE for.

153 Jivan December 30, 2012

Just made this fantastic dessert. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! Yippeee! DEEEEELISHHH! YUMM!
Will have tomorrow for New Year’s Eve dinner. Should I refrigerate it until tomorrow?
Thanks and Happy New Year!!

154 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 31, 2012

You can pop it in the fridge or leave on the counter (wrapped up) its your call! Enjoy

155 Angela January 21, 2013

I have stopped, mid-pudding, to thank you for this amazing recipe! :)

My other half likes his puddings – at a restaurant, he considers it essential to view the dessert menu first, so that he knows how much room to leave!

So, the fact that he thought this was brilliant, is true praise :)

I had no pecans, so substituted walnuts, and used maple syrup rather than rice syrup for the sauce.

I will definitely be making it again!

156 Jessica February 8, 2013

There are no words for how good this is! I made it last weekend and the hubby and kids all loved it! I ate at least 3/4 of it myself. And I will be making the toffee sauce again and again. It was delicious! Can’t wait to try it on the banana soft serve next!

157 Vegan Radhika Sarohia February 10, 2013

I am gaining weight just looking at this thing!hahaha
Looks so delicious
I’d never heard of sticky toffee puddings? I’m born and raised in Los Angeles though, and I’m not familiar with English/British dishes

158 Rams February 13, 2013

This is the first recipe of yours I’ve ever made and it was SUCH a success. My friend isn’t a vegan, but she is very open to vegan baking so I ended up making this for her birthday. She adored it (as did everyone at the get together). I showed her your website. Needless to day, you’ve got two new fans.

159 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 14, 2013

Thank you, I appreciate it!

160 MD February 22, 2013

This has to be one of the best vegan desserts I have ever made, hands down. An excellent recipe, and super easy to make. You won’t be disappointed!

161 Haley S March 20, 2013

I made this a few months ago (before I knew I had Celiac) And it was DELISH! Can I make a Gluten free version?

162 Andrea March 25, 2013

Had to tell you–no kidding, I had the raw cabbage salad with tahini dressing for “dinner” and am now eating the sticky pudding. Hey what the hell, my husband is out of town. When he’s gone, I always make something he doesn’t care for: an all grain dinner, or something raw. Both are super delicious, by the way! Thanks, I so love your blog.

163 Claudia October 13, 2013

Hi, I just HAD to comment. I just made this “pudding” and it was divine. What a wonderful recipe, thank you. And that toffee sauce is amaaaaaazing! I used GF flour (as that’s all that I had) and it came out perfectly. I don’t have enough good things to say about it. Thanks again.

164 gayle October 14, 2013

any particular kind of GF flour?
Thanks, Gayle

165 gayle October 14, 2013

omg. That sinless sticky toffee pecan pudding sounds sooooo good. Any suggestions on how you might make it gluten free?
Thanks, Gayle

166 Susie October 15, 2013

Good Morning! This is the first time I have visited your website and I must say the Sinless Toffee Pudding recipe has my.mouth watering. I will make it for our Thanksgiving in November. My question is: can I substitute 11/4 GF all purpose flour mix for the wheat pastry? Do I use xanthum gum?

Thank you for your help?

167 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2013

Hi Susie,
I’m sorry I haven’t tried it with another flour yet. In my experience, GF all purpose flours can be hit and miss so I wouldnt know. If you do try something out please let me know how it goes. Best of luck and sorry I couldn’t help more.

168 Mike December 25, 2013

I made this tonight and it turned out fabulously. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.

I made it gluten free. I had to use a little more flour than listed in the recipe to get the batter the same texture as shown in the pictures. I used 0.5 cup sorghum flour, 0.5 cup millet flour, and 0.5 cup tapioca starch. I didn’t bother with xanthan gum or any other binder. It didn’t seem necessary for a cake I was just going to scoop to serve anyway. It worked fantastically! The texture was dense, but not too dense, and the sauce soaked in really well. Delightful!

169 Tina@GottaRunNow November 7, 2013

I made this today and it was delicious! I used honey, butter and milk and baked only a half portion in a loaf pan for 15 minutes. Only 45 minutes from start to finish!

170 nikki November 21, 2013

whats the point then? you made something ethical into something with death ewww.

171 nikki November 21, 2013

hi this looks amazing. but i really wish you did not push earth balance due to palm oil being the number one issue facing the murder of orangutans and elephants. there are plenty of vegan butter recipes or canola oil works well in baking. i would implore you to dismiss earth balance, it is not vegan in terms of ethics.

172 Suzanne December 9, 2013

My family LOVED sticky toffee pudding but left it behind when my husband became vegan (the kids and I aren’t strictly vegan yet). I wanted to wow my husband for his birthday and found this recipe. It’s wonderful! Thank you!! BTW – we have always found that the cake part of sticky toffee pudding is always best when made the day before it is consumed. We then reheat it on low before we serve it.

173 Linda December 14, 2013

I made this dessert yesterday and it is absolutely fabulous! I cut the ingredients in half and poured the cake into 3 small Corningware ramekin dishes…baked the stuff for 25 minutes. The only change I made was that I blended the almond milk and medjool dates in my Vitamix briefly before heating it on the stove…this mixed the dates well with the milk.
I was able to find the brown rice syrup and I’m so happy that I did…the toffee topping was the perfect texture and flavor.
Thanks so much for a recipe that I will be using again for Christmas dinner…YUM!!

174 Nanette December 15, 2013

Made this last night for my own belated birthday party. Followed the recipe exactly and it was DELISH. I would double the sauce! And I made the sauce very slightly salty, which I think amped it up a bit. SOOOOOOOOO good. Making it again for Christmas, and for every excuse I can find to bake!

175 Sheri December 17, 2013

Is there a way to prepare this in advance, like baking the day or at least several hours before and then reheating? I always want to socialize rather than spending my time in the kitchen when we have a houseful of guests.

176 Sheri December 17, 2013

I am also wondering how maple syrup would substitute for brown rice syrup.

177 Ariana December 27, 2013

I made this for Christmas Eve this year (with a few alterations); it was easy and came out so well! Would recommend–although I really can’t convince myself of the “sinless” part…

178 Amy McCall January 6, 2014

You’re my favorite person ever! I made this last night, followed recipe exactly, super easy & quick & a miracle in my mouth. I ate 1/2 by myself and only stopped because I was painfully full. Just ate more today and I could just cry tears of joy, it was so dang good. Keep it up & thank you again!

179 Melody January 11, 2014

Can yo make this sticky pudding with gluten free flour? It sounds so good!

180 Camillia January 22, 2014

Words cannot express how amazing this recipe. My dad thinks vegan is a dirty word, but he LOVES this! Thanks for this and your website!

181 Olivia April 26, 2014

This pudding is AWESOME! I just made it but sadly the flour left lumps in it so I’d highly recommend sifting your flour because there were tiny lumps that didn’t bake out. I used to eat sticky date pudding and I remember eating it until I felt sick, that’s how much I liked it! Is sticky date pudding known as sticky toffee pudding in Canada or have you just called it that for your recipe? I think I could leave out some of the sugar in the recipe, just because dates are sooo sweet alone!

182 mg July 5, 2014

Just made this tonight and it was loved by a diverse group of picky eaters! Everyone had seconds and some had a 3rd serving. I used fresh Barhi dates from The Date People (mail order). Took me longer than the 20-min noted by Shannon, but I made it in a kitchen that wasn’t mine so that added time. Wouldn’t call it “sinless,” but it was very sweet. I will further reduce the sugar next time. Only complaint was that I had to comb the comments for ones from folks who had actually made the dish…it’s nice to hear that people think it looks good, but I like to hear reviews and tips from others.

183 Molly September 15, 2014

So delicious! And easy! To make ahead next time I will make half or 3/4 of the toffee sauce and pour on slighly cooled pudding and then just before serving make a smaller batch to top the single servings. My whole family loved this!

184 Suzanne Wenzel October 10, 2014

My family and I went to England a couple weeks ago and had sticky toffee pudding there. We loved it so I came home and made your recipe. My daughter and I thought this was even better than the one we ate in England and of course yours is vegan! Thank you!!!

185 Michelle Park October 13, 2014

I found this recipe as a possible recipe for our upcoming Christmas dinner dessert. I am excited to make it. My daughter requires a gluten-free option. Do you suppose that a gluten-free flour would work in this recipe?

Thanks!

186 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2014

Hi Michelle, I haven’t tried it with another flour so I can’t say for sure, but I think it should work if using a good tasting one that you enjoy :) Let me know if you try anything!

187 Olivia October 27, 2014

I made this earlier this summer. It was fantastic and a huge hit with my family!

188 Jordyn December 11, 2014

I have a habit of making your recipes for my family, but I leave out the fact that they are vegan until everyone has already taken a bite and fallen in love. This last christmas I made this for my family, and everyone was so surprised it was vegan. They loved it! I love changing the stereotypes of veganism, and you make it so easy.

189 Gina December 15, 2014

For people wondering about gluten free flour, oat flour (just gf-oats pulsed in the dry container of a vitamix or in a food processor) has worked for me. In fact, I prefer the texture to the normal flour version.

I start by making my own almond milk (1/3 cup of almonds + 1.5 cups water) in the vitamix. I throw in the pitted whole dates and pulse a few times until they are chopped (if you don’t love the taste or texture of dates, you can blend for even longer until the dates are practically liquidized). Add the baking soda straight to that, no boiling necessary.

Because of the sweetness of the dates and sauce, I have made this with as little as 1 tbs of sugar in the batter and found it to be more than sweet. I don’t add sugar to the sauce, since I use maple syrup, which is plenty sweet. I serve with a dollop of chilled, unsweetened coconut cream.

190 Tobi December 21, 2014

Hi Angela, I am not very experienced in cooking with dates, what type of dates should I use in this recipe? I know you hear this all of the time but your blog is amazing! I cook from it or your cookbook at least a couple times each week and everything has been great! Thanks for taking the time to share.

191 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 23, 2014

Thank you Tobi! I always use Medjool dates in my recipes, but I think regular “honey” dates would probably work too?

192 Io January 12, 2015

Why do you add baking soda to the hot liquid? Seems like you want it to do part if it’s leavening reaction before it mixes into the cake..is there a reason for that? Would it be too much leavening if you added it to the dry?

193 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 15, 2015

I’m not exactly sure why, but that is how it is often prepared (at least from the recipe I was inspired by from taste.com.au – see link in my recipe). Enjoy! :)

194 Rachelle February 18, 2015

I have made this twice and it’s pretty much amazing. Loved every bite of it!

195 Sue March 22, 2015

I’ve made this a few times. Sooo good. Last night I replaced the Earth Balance in the pudding and the sauce with coconut oil. It was even better. Love this recipe.

196 Kristen April 28, 2015

Do you think oat flour would work to make it gluten free? Or do you have a different recommendation?

197 Stacey May 29, 2015

I made this tonight! I’ve been having some trouble showing my other half that vegan food is just as delicious than non-vegan, and better for you! This was a winner for him, and me. God i could of ate the whole damn thing! :) Very tasty and so quick and easy to make.

198 Bronte June 10, 2015

Would a gluten free flour work in this recipe?

199 Allison October 8, 2015

Can you sub gluten free flour for this?

200 Tabatha October 11, 2015

SO good :D Also has half the sugar, fat and flour of normal sticky date recipes.

201 Brendon The Smiling Chef November 19, 2015

Great recipe. That toffee sauce looks gorgeous. I came across your recipe from a feature in Homemade which I was also included in. Congrats on the mention and thanks for sharing. P.S. link here: https://www.homemadebyyou.co.uk/articles/cooking/12-tasty-desserts-for-people-who-dont-like-christmas-pudding

202 Patti M November 26, 2015

Amazing recipe. My husband & brother in law are big sweet eaters and both went back for seconds. I am the only vegan and everyone loved it. Definitely will make again.

203 Haytch December 4, 2015

A little late to the party but how would you adapt this for single servings? Same amount of mixture but divided up into little ramekins is what I’m thinking!

204 Lilian December 25, 2015

Hi, looks great, but question about the vanilla extract…is it really 1 TABLEspoon? Equal amount as the almond milk. That seems like really a lot to me…

205 Anne December 27, 2015

Angela thanks for this wonderful festive recipe. I love traditional steamed Christmas puddings, but opted for this one instead for Christmas dinner. The flat cake is not much to look at, say compared to a round steamed pudding, but after trying this I will not go back to the steamed pudding. First of all, it was so much easier than pudding (which I prepare in weeks in advance and steam for hours), and the fam, especially the kids, liked it ever more. It’s going to be a Christmas favourite for sure.

206 Francesca March 9, 2016

This looks great! Is is possible to sub all the vegan butter for coconut oil instead?

207 Claire March 15, 2016

Just made this recipe, AMAZING! The toffee sauce wasn’t thick enough for me so I added about 1-2 tsp of cornstarch, that I dissolved in a bit of the sauce before adding it to the rest. This made it beautiful and thick. So good!

208 Angela Liddon March 17, 2016

I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe, Claire! A thickened up toffee sauce? Yum!!

209 Amna March 23, 2016

This is now one of my top favourite desserts. I made this today (used walnuts because wayy cheaper), and it turned out AMAZING!! Thanks so much!!

210 Eidan April 30, 2016

This was the MOST delicious vegan dessert I have EVER had, and I’ve had more than my fair share!!!! The cake was soooooo moist, that it almost didn’t even need the toffee sauce, but of course I was gunna make it either way ;) Honestly just beautiful, and I can’t wait to make it again super soon. So simple and quick, definitely a new fav!

211 Angela Liddon May 3, 2016

Thanks so much for the lovely comment Eidan! It’s awesome to hear you enjoyed the recipe so well :)