22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

Looking for a little gift inspiration this holiday season?

I’ve put together a list of some of my favourite products as well as products I have on my own wish list. Whether you are a foodie, avid cook, fashionista, or man looking for some ideas for the lady in your life, I hope this list gives you a few ideas…all under $55.

I think it probably goes without saying, but this post is not sponsored by any business or brand and reflect my own opinions, as always.

Shall we begin?

Kitchen Products

1. OXO Products (around $5 each)

10 6 oxo    22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

I’ve raved about OXO before and I’m doing it again. I have yet to be disappointed by one of their kitchen gadgets. For the low cost (roughly $5 per gadget), they can’t be beat. I have a snap-lock can opener, citrus juicer, and apple divider that work great time and time again no matter how much my dishwasher beats them up.

2. 6 piece bowl set from Crate and Barrel for $53

BowlsS6F11   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

I’ve been coveting this beautiful bowl set at C&B for a long time and I finally decided to put it on my wish list this year. The bowls are not only appealing to the eye, but they’ve received great reviews on the website!

3. Glass food storage- durable and eco-friendly! Such as this one from Crate & Barrel for $7-$10 each.

RefrigeratorStorageS11   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

Apparently, Costco also carries Snapware glass storage containers for less (in the US), but not sure about Canadian stores.

4. Immersion blender (starting around $30)

31MDJZQP5XL   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

I asked you guys for suggestions on my Facebook page, and here’s what you said.

5. Stainless Steel Grapefruit spoon ($4, Crate and Barrel)

GrapefruitSpoon6inch   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

6. Microplane Classic Grater/Zester ($21 from Amazon)

IMG 8688 thumb   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

I tend to zest a lot of citrus fruits and the Microplane zester never lets me down. It has a super long blade that grates in both directions for quick zesting and it is also useful for shaving chocolate, and spices (like cinnamon sticks or nutmeg).

7. Silpat baking mat (starting at $20 from Amazon)

IMG 8708   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

The Silpat is amazing for a non-stick surface when rolling dough or lining a baking sheet.

Veg-friendly reading

8. Veg News Magazine Subscription (tree-free version too!)

ebonsd   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

9. Blissful Bites by Christy Morgan

BlissfulBites frontcover 796x1024   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

I recently received this Blissful Bites vegan cookbook by Christy Morgan and I was blown away by it. The recipes are easily the most unique and creative I’ve come across in a vegan cookbook. The recipes I’ve tried out have been delicious and I look forward to trying more. A++++++

Clothing for Her

10. Patterned or textured tights & hose.

Untitled   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

Patterned hose are hot right now and they are so fun to wear with a holiday dress. I love these patterned hose by Commando…it’s the only dig-free hose I have come across and they come in a variety of patterns.

11. Mitts/gloves from Urban Outfitters ($20)

Untitled1   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

I picked up a pair of these gloves (in black) while in NYC and fell in love with them. They are easily the warmest (while still being quite sleek) gloves that I own! They have a ton of different gloves and mitts to choose from.

12. Eternity Scarves (varies, this one is $35 from Etsy)

il fullxfull.292232897   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

[source]

Nothing is more cozy than a cable knit eternity scarf! I love the look of this one by Lisa Marie.

13. Apron from Anthropologie ($32)

Untitled2   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

I adore Anthro aprons. They have a wide variety of colours and patterns and they are sleek while still giving appropriate coverage while baking. If you can make it in to a store, they have a lot more variety (including holiday aprons) compared to their online selection.

14. Classic long-sleeved, v-neck, pre-shrunk white shirt by Ellen Tracy (Costco, $10)

I fell in love with this long-sleeved v-neck white shirt by Ellen Tracy (sorry, I couldn’t find a picture). Not only is it Canadian made, but it’s soft and pre-shrunk too. All for $9.99! I’m not sure if it’s in the US, but it’s in Canadian stores now.

15. Cable or knit sweater wraps (starting around $25)

IMG 0376 2   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55 tumblr lc9hpztU221qarkcco1 500   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

[source]

I love sweater wraps because they are cute and great for layering. Depending on the temperature, you can pair them with tees, long-sleeved shirts, or fitted sweaters. This grey wrap is by Dex.

Food

16. Alter Eco Fair-Trade Mint Chocolate Bar

altereco darkchocolate mint   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

I recently tried this chocolate bar from Whole Foods in NYC and it blew me away. The chocolate is dark without being bitter and the peppermint sugar is a fun surprise in each bite. It’s definitely my favourite mint chocolate bar that I’ve tried.

17. One Lucky Duck treats (starting around $5)

IMG 03231   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

Eric and I fell in love with One Lucky Duck’s Chocolate Macaroons ($13). I also loved their Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cinnamon Buckwheat Crispies.

18. Vanilla beans

Fotolia 7056832 S   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

[source]

Vanilla beans are such a luxury…a luxury that I often don’t bother to spend money on. That’s why they make a wonderful gift because most people don’t buy vanilla beans on a regular basis!

PS- rumor has it you can score vanilla beans at Costco for around $12 for a package of 8. Thanks to Becca for the tip.

19. High-quality dried herbs and spices, such as smoked paprika or saffron threads

IMG 04211   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

High quality herbs and spices make a wonderful holiday gift for the foodie in your life! Then, they can invite your over to dinner to enjoy the meal. :)

20. Gourmet flavoured olive oil (I love garlic and herb infused olive oils)

21. Sweet & Sara Vegan Toasted Coconut Marshmallows or S’mores

Untitled3   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

22. Homemade Pumpkin Butter or homemade Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter with Hemp, Flax, and Chia Seed

IMG 2668   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

In other news, we’re still using a gift wrap roll from Costco purchased in 2007!! I don’t see us finishing it anytime soon either. Our family always jokes that they know the gifts from us because they recognize the wrapping paper. Eric and I placed bets on when we’ll finish it. I said 2017 and he said 2015…may the best spouse win.

Sketchie also wants you to know that he has already started his Christmas tree climbing…

IMG 0997   22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

and so it begins.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 11, 2011

Oxo products are a gift from the heavens! I can’t imagine using anything but their can opener or vegetable peeler, they’re so much better than all the others out there. This is a great list!

Kelli December 11, 2011

Sketchie!!! You are too cute! Watch out for those tree lights, though!! Is that really you in the Youtube video?

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition December 11, 2011

Fun list! I want to try out that Blissful Bites cook book

Amy December 11, 2011

Awesome list! I might get some chocolate and spices to go with the limoncello I’m making for my sister. All the gifts I give seem to revolve around food:-) I love your pictures and stories about–they make me laugh!

jenna December 11, 2011

Oh, Sketchie :) My dad got me a Veg News subscription a while back and I think it’s my favourite gift ever!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 11, 2011

i love that you have a circa 2007 roll of gift wrap and people know your gifts based on it…on that alone, I hope it lasts another decade. great story!

“The recipes are easily the most unique and creative I’ve come across in a vegan cookbook. ” — that is great to know. Stellar.Review. Thank you!

Silpat = the thing that changed the results of my baking more than any other thing. It’s like food photography…your camera is only so good as your food styling. Well, your cookie dough is only so good as the surface it’s baked on. Love.my.silpat.

Great list, Angela!

and the sara sweet marshmallows…those things rock, yes!

janet @ the taste space December 11, 2011

Great list! I made one today, too, with all the “luxury” (yet cheap) items I couldnt live without in my kitchen. :)

ashallann December 11, 2011

Fabulous list, I’m adding Blissful Bites to my wish list now, the cover alone has me salivating!

Sabina December 11, 2011

Good call on the OXO products! I have a few of their gadgets that are 10 years old and are still going strong!

Hannah December 11, 2011

I love those UO gloves! I was almost going to buy a pair but I might put them on my Christmas list since I still wear a pair from like, 5th grade, probably. And I love Etsy….I have not bought anything on there yet because that site is like crack for someone like me who can’t make decisions!

Audrey December 11, 2011

Awesome list. Thank you!

Apples N Adrienne December 11, 2011

I love that apron! Too cute! :)

Carlene @ Carlene's Figments December 11, 2011

Word to the Silpat! I also love kitchen herbs in pots.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 11, 2011

Ok my Christmas wishlist just got a lot longer after reading this post. ;) I forgot about it until now, but I really want an immersion blender! It can already see some yummy pureed squash in my future!

katie@ KatieDid December 11, 2011

hahaha awesome story about the wrapping paper! I can only imagine how mammoth that role is. I love all these idea and I’m hoping to get a cute apron this year myself! Off to check out Anthro’s designs..

Anna @ The Guiltless Life December 11, 2011

Such great gift ideas, and I love when people say if they’ve used them themselves because a testimonial adds a lot of comfort when ‘blind buying’! The Anthropologie aprons have always looked so chic and cute, and I am glad for the tip on the Ellen Tracy white V-neck – I’m always looking for a good one!

lauren@spicedplate December 11, 2011

Silpat is SO on my list this year! My mom and MIL are always complaining about their 20-plus year old knives being too dull, so I got them each a oxo professional grade chopping knife…hopefully it encourages them to eat more veggies, too!

Spices are such a lovely and unique gift! I could always use some!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 11, 2011

Such great gift ideas! I love those gloves.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 11, 2011

All these gifts rock! I love the apron and those tights :D

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 11, 2011

Great list! There is something on there for everyone! I really like making homemade gifts because it shows the person you care.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 11, 2011

Yay! You found the Cuisinart one. I would be happy to receive any/all of these, mwah!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 11, 2011

Do you have the cuisinart immersion blender? Is it good?

Emily P. December 6, 2013

I got my dad the Cuisinart immersion blender for Christmas last year and he loves it. It’s still going strong after a year, though I don’t know how often he uses it. It’s definitely not strong enough to crush ice, but for making soups, whipped cream, and pureeing raspberries for a single glass of lemonade, it’s absolutely wonderful.

Amanda December 11, 2011

My anthro apron is one of my favorite kitchen purchases. It’s an instant mood-lifter. :)

I really want to get a couple of silpats. Everyone raves about them, and it would be nice to stop using disposable parchment paper.

Amber K December 11, 2011

What a great list! OXO products are definitely the best. And the sweater and scarf as so cute!

hannah alehandra December 11, 2011

The vanilla bean idea is good! They are indeed such a luxury to buy!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 11, 2011

An immersion blender and a baking mat are already on my christmas wishlist hehe!

Also, I have those gloves from urban in purple and they are absolutely heavenly. They are warm and the insides of them are the softest fleece I’ve ever felt! I’ve received so many compliments on them and highly recommend them to anyone as a gift for someone (or yourself!)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 11, 2011

I agree, they are my all time fav gloves!

laura December 11, 2011

Great ideas!

Alyssa December 11, 2011

Was this a Christmas gift idea list for your readers…Or your Xmas list for Eric? Hahaha…All great gifts though!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 11, 2011

I love so many things on this list!

Erin December 11, 2011

Awesome ideas… I also love Anthro aprons, so freakin’ cute!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco December 11, 2011

Thank you for the gift ideas! Heaven knows I need them. ;)

Moni'sMeals December 11, 2011

best list!! One of each please. :)

Love you Sketchie!

Ashley December 11, 2011

I love these gift ideas! My boyfriend and I are going shopping for each other next weekend, so this post will give him some great ideas!

Katrina December 11, 2011

Thanks for the suggestions! So many good one’s here :)

Jennifer December 11, 2011

Great list! I especially like the apron and the bowls, and the Silpat is a must – I would never bake cookies without it. Do you have the Cuisinart immersion blender though? And if so, have you used it more than a handful of times? It has a piece inside that breaks easily and not just according to me but according to a whole lot of reviews I read by people who’ve tried to use it more than a few times. Maybe a different one would be better?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 11, 2011

I asked for it on my xmas list this year. That is weird because it was rated 4.5 out of 5 stars on amazon and a bunch of peeps recommended it on my facebook page. I guess I will keep the warranty on hand if I get it! do you recommend another?

Heather December 12, 2011

Angela, I’m SO sorry! Please don’t post my comment! Just checked and it actually only has 9 speeds, and I just did a bit of research and it appears the one I have is no longer available… :( Weird! It’s model #4KHB100WH1 It really does the trick, but I don’t know anything about the current models. Really REALLY love your fantastic blog btw!!!!

Jennifer December 12, 2011

I just got a cheap Proctor Silex one that works well, but I’ve only used it a couple times so I don’t know. A lot of those positive reviews say “I just got it and it’s great” but if you look at the one-star ratings, you see that a lot say that they liked it when they first got it, but it broke after not that long. Which is what happened to me. :[

Red Deception December 11, 2011

I’ll take one of each, please!

Maureen December 11, 2011

Where do you buy the oxo utensils?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 11, 2011

I cant remember exactly but most home good type stores should carry OXO

Kit-Kat December 11, 2011

Cute little kitty!
I like those ideas! Great for some friends of mine, and I can even recomend them to my mom so she can get some things for her friends!

Becca December 11, 2011

3 comments:

1) You can buy vanilla beans for super cheap (well, cheap compared to Whole Foods prices) at Costco. I picked up a pack of (I believe) 8 for only around $12.

2) Do you think you could share a recipe (even just a picture) of something you’ve made from the Blissful Bites cookbook? I am intrigued by unique vegan cooking.

3) Love this post idea.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 11, 2011

Oh good to know, thanks. I will keep my eyes peeled for them :)

I’ll try to remember to snap a pic next meal I make from the cookbook.

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts December 11, 2011

This is a great round up :) I love that Alter Eco chocolate too – also the dark chocolate with quinoa variety from them. I think the quinoa one actually beats the mint for me, which say sa lot as I love mint chocolate!

Alissa December 11, 2011

Oh my GOSH!! I can’t even pick my top three of what I would like off of this list. What a GREAT job you did, I need to get some of these items on my holiday wish list ASAP!

Page 1 of 212»