22 Holiday Gift Ideas for Her Under $55

Looking for a little gift inspiration this holiday season?

I’ve put together a list of some of my favourite products as well as products I have on my own wish list. Whether you are a foodie, avid cook, fashionista, or man looking for some ideas for the lady in your life, I hope this list gives you a few ideas…all under $55.

I think it probably goes without saying, but this post is not sponsored by any business or brand and reflect my own opinions, as always.

Shall we begin?

Kitchen Products

1. OXO Products (around $5 each)

10-6 oxo

I’ve raved about OXO before and I’m doing it again. I have yet to be disappointed by one of their kitchen gadgets. For the low cost (roughly $5 per gadget), they can’t be beat. I have a snap-lock can opener, citrus juicer, and apple divider that work great time and time again no matter how much my dishwasher beats them up.

2. 6 piece bowl set from Crate and Barrel for $53

BowlsS6F11

I’ve been coveting this beautiful bowl set at C&B for a long time and I finally decided to put it on my wish list this year. The bowls are not only appealing to the eye, but they’ve received great reviews on the website!

3. Glass food storage– durable and eco-friendly! Such as this one from Crate & Barrel for $7-$10 each.

RefrigeratorStorageS11

Apparently, Costco also carries Snapware glass storage containers for less (in the US), but not sure about Canadian stores.

4. Immersion blender (starting around $30)

31MDJZQP5XL

I asked you guys for suggestions on my Facebook page, and here’s what you said.

5. Stainless Steel Grapefruit spoon ($4, Crate and Barrel)

GrapefruitSpoon6inch

6. Microplane Classic Grater/Zester ($21 from Amazon)

IMG_8688_thumb

I tend to zest a lot of citrus fruits and the Microplane zester never lets me down. It has a super long blade that grates in both directions for quick zesting and it is also useful for shaving chocolate, and spices (like cinnamon sticks or nutmeg).

7. Silpat baking mat (starting at $20 from Amazon)

IMG_8708

The Silpat is amazing for a non-stick surface when rolling dough or lining a baking sheet.

Veg-friendly reading

8. Veg News Magazine Subscription (tree-free version too!)

ebonsd

9. Blissful Bites by Christy Morgan

BlissfulBites_frontcover-796x1024

I recently received this Blissful Bites vegan cookbook by Christy Morgan and I was blown away by it. The recipes are easily the most unique and creative I’ve come across in a vegan cookbook. The recipes I’ve tried out have been delicious and I look forward to trying more. A++++++

Clothing for Her

10. Patterned or textured tights & hose.

Untitled

Patterned hose are hot right now and they are so fun to wear with a holiday dress. I love these patterned hose by Commando…it’s the only dig-free hose I have come across and they come in a variety of patterns.

11. Mitts/gloves from Urban Outfitters ($20)

Untitled

I picked up a pair of these gloves (in black) while in NYC and fell in love with them. They are easily the warmest (while still being quite sleek) gloves that I own! They have a ton of different gloves and mitts to choose from.

12. Eternity Scarves (varies, this one is $35 from Etsy)

il_fullxfull.292232897

[source]

Nothing is more cozy than a cable knit eternity scarf! I love the look of this one by Lisa Marie.

13. Apron from Anthropologie ($32)

Untitled

I adore Anthro aprons. They have a wide variety of colours and patterns and they are sleek while still giving appropriate coverage while baking. If you can make it in to a store, they have a lot more variety (including holiday aprons) compared to their online selection.

14. Classic long-sleeved, v-neck, pre-shrunk white shirt by Ellen Tracy (Costco, $10)

I fell in love with this long-sleeved v-neck white shirt by Ellen Tracy (sorry, I couldn’t find a picture). Not only is it Canadian made, but it’s soft and pre-shrunk too. All for $9.99! I’m not sure if it’s in the US, but it’s in Canadian stores now.

15. Cable or knit sweater wraps (starting around $25)

IMG_0376-2 tumblr_lc9hpztU221qarkcco1_500

[source]

I love sweater wraps because they are cute and great for layering. Depending on the temperature, you can pair them with tees, long-sleeved shirts, or fitted sweaters. This grey wrap is by Dex.

Food

16. Alter Eco Fair-Trade Mint Chocolate Bar

altereco-darkchocolate-mint

I recently tried this chocolate bar from Whole Foods in NYC and it blew me away. The chocolate is dark without being bitter and the peppermint sugar is a fun surprise in each bite. It’s definitely my favourite mint chocolate bar that I’ve tried.

17. One Lucky Duck treats (starting around $5)

IMG_0323

Eric and I fell in love with One Lucky Duck’s Chocolate Macaroons ($13). I also loved their Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cinnamon Buckwheat Crispies.

18. Vanilla beans

vanilla flowered

[source]

Vanilla beans are such a luxury…a luxury that I often don’t bother to spend money on. That’s why they make a wonderful gift because most people don’t buy vanilla beans on a regular basis!

PS- rumor has it you can score vanilla beans at Costco for around $12 for a package of 8. Thanks to Becca for the tip.

19. High-quality dried herbs and spices, such as smoked paprika or saffron threads

IMG_0421

High quality herbs and spices make a wonderful holiday gift for the foodie in your life! Then, they can invite your over to dinner to enjoy the meal. :)

20. Gourmet flavoured olive oil (I love garlic and herb infused olive oils)

21. Sweet & Sara Vegan Toasted Coconut Marshmallows or S’mores

Untitled

22. Homemade Pumpkin Butter or homemade Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter with Hemp, Flax, and Chia Seed

IMG_2668

In other news, we’re still using a gift wrap roll from Costco purchased in 2007!! I don’t see us finishing it anytime soon either. Our family always jokes that they know the gifts from us because they recognize the wrapping paper. Eric and I placed bets on when we’ll finish it. I said 2017 and he said 2015…may the best spouse win.

Sketchie also wants you to know that he has already started his Christmas tree climbing…

IMG_0997

and so it begins.

Page 2 of 2«12
Bettypark September 24, 2016

To be honest, I’m amazed to see all of the cute things in under $55.Indeed, It will help me a lot for the next holiday, thanks mate!!

Kristin P December 17, 2011

Sketchie looks dashing, as always. :)

Baking Serendipity December 16, 2011

I love Costco…for things like gift wrap and now vanilla beans. I’ve been looking for (somewhat inexpensive) vanilla beans for a while now. I know where I’m going tomorrow morning! Thank you :)

Rachel December 16, 2011

Sounds crazy…. vanilla beans are cheap and organic on ebay.

Nikki December 13, 2011

Great suggestions!
I am really interested in checking out the Blissful Bites book :)
Thanks for the great post!

Bethany :0) December 12, 2011

Silipat is #1 on my list!

So grateful to always get a pick me up when reading your posts. Your humor and wit always makes me smile! :0)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 12, 2011

Thank you Bethany!

Allison December 12, 2011

I have those Urban gloves in maroon. They’re so soft on the inside! Like wearing clouds on your hands. Love ’em!

Kate December 12, 2011

The Cuisinart immersion blender is amazing (my mom traded in her Kitchenaid after using mine) but it’s definitely worth it to shell out for the one with the chopper and whisk attachments. I think it’s about $65 (Cdn) but I use the chopper at least a couple times a week – so it’s worth the extra twenty-something dollars.

And vanilla beans = best stocking stuffer. Thanks for reminding me to drop some hints!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles December 12, 2011

Thanks so much! I was having trouble coming up with some things for a few people on my list, you sparked some good ideas.

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles December 12, 2011

Awesome gift ideas, Angela!!

Emily (Edible Psychology) December 12, 2011

Ooh I love your list! So many things I need to add to my personal wish list now! Especially the Crate and Barrel mixing bowls. I love the colors.

I posted a list of gift suggestions on my new blog a couple of weeks ago as well, in case you are interested in any more ideas including sports, travel, and photography – as well as a link to Oh She Glows on my favorite related blogs page. :-)

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 12, 2011

I’d be over the moon for any of that. Especially bowls and utensils. You can never have enough!

Cait's Plate December 12, 2011

Oh my gosh so many of these are such great ideas! I love the bowls, the scarf and the apron!! I want to buy these things for myself!! Haha

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove December 12, 2011

Such great ideas! I’m getting my sister a custom apron from etsy but I wanted to get something else. I love the kitchen ideas and there’s a Crate & Barrel right by my office so it would be an easy purchase!

Lisa Broadley December 12, 2011

I have a few rolls as well!! But I found a way to use the wrapping paper! Trace xmas card envelopes, cut it out then put the wrapping paper inside…adds another little dimension to getting a card! And uses of ALL that wrapping paper!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 12, 2011

These are GREAT ideas- I wish I had more foodie friends that would truly appreciate them like I would!!
I’ve tried the Quinoa Chocolate by Alter Eco, and it is FANTASTIC.
Also- regrading the immersion blender- I love mine and use it all the time- but really, I think the chopper attachment is the best feature. It’s so great when you have things to chop up, but don’t want to drag out the food processor!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 12, 2011

ah, I didnt know it had a chopper too…that would come in handy.

K December 12, 2011

Not sure if Costco in Canada carries this brand but these are cheaper and way better than the Crate & Barrel glass storage – http://www.amazon.com/Snapware-Glasslock-Tempered-Storage-Containers/dp/B0029U57RA

They’re about $10 cheaper at the US Costcos. Also, I’m a NYC vegetarian and thank you for trying out some places I’ve been meaning to go to!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 12, 2011

thanks for the tip! I will add that in

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh December 12, 2011

Wonderful suggestions! I definitely want an immersion blender, just waiting to see if Santa brings me one or I have to buy one myself. :-)

LizAshlee December 12, 2011

Great ideas..I LOVE my silpat! It is so wonderful for baking and a quick clean-up!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 12, 2011

I love all the ideas! Ok, I’m totally asking for the mixing bowls from Crate and Barrel and another Silpat! I love Silpats, it works wonderful when making bread or sticky things! Thanks for the list, I think I’ll just forward your blog to my Husband so he can check it out!

Drisana (SoulShineBlog) December 12, 2011

I love all the kitchen item ideas – I’ve been looking at the same bowls from Crate & Barrel :) And the tights look pretty cool too, never tired any that have that type of top.

Vegan Sparkles December 12, 2011

I’m so happy to see my favourite vegan chocolate on your list! NOM!! :-)

Katie December 12, 2011

I love those aprons! They’re super cute and unique, I may just have to order one for myself. Thanks for posting this list, Angela!

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca December 12, 2011

So funny that you posted the mixing bowls as number two! I’ve been looking for colourful mixing bowls, and Dallas just found those the other day. They’re definitely on my wishlist :)

And the immersion blender…mine broke last month :( I miss it, haha

Ashley December 12, 2011

Great list! :) Our cat was being so good, not knocking ornaments off the tree for at least a week, but has just started knocking them down. Hopefully the tree loses its allure!

Julie December 12, 2011

I’ve always wanted a Silpat. Definitely on my list!

Andrew Lowry December 11, 2011

Angela,

Thank-you for this list. I will share it with my wife and see if anything perks her interest. She actually asks for cooking items as gifts so i’m on safe ground there.

I’m curious have you used any of the Lee Valley kitchen or garden items? Canadian company with great products, mail order and a store about 30 minutes from you. They have a nice zester, http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=32458&cat=2,40733,44734&ap=3 amongst other items.

Again thanks and Happy Holidays.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 12, 2011

The only thing I have from Lee Valley is the spurtle ;) But I always forget they have kitchen tools…thanks for the reminder!

Nikki December 11, 2011

great post! and vanilla beans are SO much cheaper at ethnic food stores

Luv What You Do December 11, 2011

I threw on my anthropolgie apron and got started on my homemade gifts today. I love the immersion wand. I just posted my must have kitchen list and it was on the top. The silpats too…you just can’t bake without them.

Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions December 11, 2011

I love, LOVE my immersion blender ~ it’s a Nesco. And I have Silpat baking mats on my Christmas list this year! ;)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 11, 2011

I know what I’ll be looking for at Costco next time – thanks for the tip! And I’m with ya on those eternity scarves. Lululemon has a really cute one right now that I’m adding to my list! Well, that and the Run:Insulator pullover – that thing is gorgeous!!!

Edda December 11, 2011

Great list :)
as for the immersion blender, I’d recommend going for the higher wattage,
200w is rather weak and mine broke after only a year. I upgraded to a 700w Philips, and it hasn’t let me down yet.
Also I’m really happy to Sketchie make his return, he is adorable

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 11, 2011

Thanks for the tip!

Roz December 11, 2011

Great list, thanks Angela. And I have two last words….”OH SKETCHIE!!!” (the photo of him under the tree is priceless)