As Seen On Pinterest

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on November 13, 2011

It’s no secret that I love Pinterest. One of the reasons why I love it so much is because there are so many cool tutorials for DIY projects! No matter what you are looking for, chances are there is someone to guide you through it. It’s also a great place to find inspiration for all kinds of hobbies like photography, cooking, travel, fashion, house & home decor, and more.

Here are some of the things I’m loving on Pinterest right now. It’s pretty random, so strap on your seat belt!

DIY dry erase board from Makes and Takes

235663309_lWmjSVI8_c

Fun mason jars– Use a glue gun to write/make designs on plain jars before painting them. – from Pure and Noble

jars1

Funky Clock from Doug’s Word Clocks

vinylclock

Bored jar: if a kid complains of boredom they have to pick a slip & do the activity, good or bad. it might be going for ice cream, it might be cleaning their room.  from Shaydes of Life

IMG_0292

Beautiful entryway

477378976_vWsm7bM6_c

Pink Chest from Tumblr.com

477376617_RTDNWMXR_c

Kitchen Chalkboard from My Ideal Home (<—really cool site)

477397045_3oFlHi0K_c

Kitty shadow from Pretty Life

110656894_GOl7HSMO_c

Umbrella from Urban Outfitters:

208399476_wi8D09jG_c

Leg Warmers from American Apparel:

serve.asp

How to make Boot Socks from a sweater by Made By Lex:

bootsvintage-e1319116495430

Red rain boots from Target:

315225371_YGnS6Dog_c

How to tie the perfect scarf:

168086749_mtL46ckw_c

The Vegan Food Pyramid

203356952_zbH48c7U_c

How to keep salad fresh? from Salad In A Jar

110359127_IYVpXDVb_c

How to swirl coloured icing tutorial from Our Best Bites

IMG_2888-e1312938460456

Portable snack idea…love this! from Choose to Thrive

257633348_BECHm2GM_c

Cranberry Margarita by Ezra Pound Cake…so making some kind of cranberry cocktail like this soon!

cranberry-margarita-3

Motto from Inspired by this feeling (originally from Gracie)

166490975_1QZ9AbwV_c

Happiness from ache.

72445255_t5sb6BXR_c

Elizabeth Kubler Ros quote:

73316149_mKdhJAvX_c

and Pogs from here:

tumblr_lt1lriBAM41qahhxwo1_500

hahah…oh memories!

What are you loving on Pinterest? Feel free to link to your boards!

kalli November 13, 2011 at 10:12 am

i am loving pinning too! so fun and relaxing…….just wanted to tell you i made your vegan lasagna last night and it was a huge hit with a meat eating brother in law and my hubs and i made your pumpkin donuts for bfast and they were so good and powered me though a 10 mile run fabulously. thanks angela your recipes are just amazing. we toasted you at dinner :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2011 at 10:17 am

Hey Kalli, I’m so happy to hear that both recipes were enjoyed! Thanks for letting me know. :) Congrats on your 10 miler btw!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 13, 2011 at 10:14 am

How cool! I am checking these out! Love the cool clock :)

Magda November 13, 2011 at 10:15 am

I love shopping list on the wall and the clock :) Such creative ideas.

The healthy hipster November 13, 2011 at 10:20 am

I love the online DIY community! So cost efficient and motivating!

Urban Wife November 13, 2011 at 10:22 am

Fellow Pinterest addict here! I am loving the holiday stuff right now especially DIY gifts. In fact, I’ve taken up knitting as a new hobby! Here’s my board –> http://pinterest.com/urbanwife/

Evan Thomas November 13, 2011 at 10:24 am

I found this on Tumblr but posted it on Pinterest. Best family Halloween costume idea ever? http://pinterest.com/pin/174796029256912261/

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans November 13, 2011 at 10:27 am

Love, love, LOVE Pinterest!! Now that I have an app for it I am pinning all the time :)

My favorites are the cute pet photos, women’s fashion and the inspirations quotes.

Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner November 13, 2011 at 10:27 am

I am obsessed with using Pinterest for wedding planning! http://pinterest.com/blueeyedrunner/

tracy November 13, 2011 at 10:28 am

I am making the dry erase board for gifts. They are under 4.00. Awesome.

Jessica @ Chockohlawtay November 13, 2011 at 10:30 am

I am loving everything you put up (especially that funky clock… I want it now!). I have never been on Pinterest (*gasps*)…

but clearly I should!

char @ char on a mission November 13, 2011 at 10:38 am

Ok, clearly I’m going about Pinterest the wrong way – had I know this is how cool it can be (on top of finding pictures around the web that I like and posting to Pinterest), then I would have been spending more time on it sooner. Totally finding that addicting key to the website that I’ve missed all this time.

Love the vegan food pyramid!

Jamie @ Don't Forget The Cinnamon November 13, 2011 at 10:45 am

Thanks so much for sharing! I especially love the funky clock and the kitchen chalkboard! My favorite find has been this crochet scarf pattern: http://peoplewebs.blogspot.com/2011/01/pattern-chunky-circle-scarf.html

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy November 13, 2011 at 10:50 am

The kitchen chalkboard is awesome!! And I recently picked up a very similar umbrella from Target for much cheaper! :) I love it!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco November 13, 2011 at 10:51 am

Gosh, I need to get onto the Pinterest bandwagon. By the way, *random question alert* how do you change link color in Thesis? Do I have to go into the CSS? I was just think how fabuous your green links look…

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I’m not certain as Eric did it, but I will ask him when he gets home and get back to you!

Lindsay Loves Veggies November 13, 2011 at 10:54 am

Love it! Pinterest is quickly becoming one of my obsessions as well. I’ve mostly been using it for holiday crafts and workout ideas so far. I love the vegan food pyramid you pinned, it’s definitely cool! I also might have to use that scarf tutorial you posted on there! :)

Brittney @ Brittney Breathing November 13, 2011 at 10:55 am

I am OBSESSED with pinterest!!!! I seriously have to pull myself away sometimes because there are so many fun ideas! Here’s my boards if you want to look! http://pinterest.com/brittneylhorn/

Alyssa (Down To Earth) November 13, 2011 at 11:03 am

This is a fun post :) I especially like the quote abut “oh wells” and “what ifs”

Katie November 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

I absolutely love Pinterest! I seriously need to find a way to get paid to pin….

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm

haha now that would be nice!

JT @ The Faux Foodie Girl November 13, 2011 at 11:11 am

I love Pinterest, too. So many amazing creative ideas. I can get lost pinning :)

[email protected] KatieDid November 13, 2011 at 11:17 am

ohh thanks for sharing these, pinning some right now! I’m loving exercise motivation on pinterest.

Amanda November 13, 2011 at 11:22 am

I love the idea for the “bored jar”. That would have come in handy when my brother and I were kids…I feel like one of us was always complaining to my parents that we were bored. I think it was just a way to convince them to let us have friends over most of the time. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I know us too…I bet my mom wishes she had one of those!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) November 13, 2011 at 11:25 am

I could spend all day looking at Pinterest. Love so many of the ones you posted, especially the kitchen chalkboard and kitty. Creativity is alive and kickin’ on Pinterest. Awesomeness.

Emily November 13, 2011 at 11:36 am

I LOVE PINTEREST! Awesome ideas. I love the dry erase board idea!

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan November 13, 2011 at 11:52 am

Awesome stuff! I LOVE that clock!
I finally joined Pinterest, and now I see what all the fuss is about… :)
Follow me! http://pinterest.com/almostveganchef/

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! November 13, 2011 at 11:53 am

I love pinterest!! So much cool stuff on there!! I love the scarf tying demo and the funky clock!!

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 13, 2011 at 12:08 pm

i love the “bored” jar… and all of those quotes! pinterest is such a time sucker in my life these days :)

Marcy November 13, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I love this collection, especially the bored jar. I think my kids would really get into the chance to do something fun, but would they risk getting “clean your room”? I have just started fooling around with Pinterest. Here is my “Looks delicious” board: http://pinterest.com/marcytootimid/looks-delicious/

Natalcho @ Tomatoes Rock November 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Oh I love pinterest too! It is full of inspiration no matter the topic!

Here are my pin boards: http://pinterest.com/natalcho/

Moni'sMeals November 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm

This is the coolest post I have seen in awhile. THANK You Ang for putting it all together. Such amazing ideas, wow.

I still have not even checked out Pinterest because it is just one more thing, I do not want to be obsessed with, haha!

Marian November 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm

i’m obsessed with pinterest as well! who isn’t?! And just the sweater socks alone makes pinterest worth every wasted minute!:)
HAve a wonderful Sunday Angela:) and I’m making one of your soups tonight for our family dinner, and can’t wait to share it with them.

Amy November 13, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Just going to repeat what everyone else said: I loooove Pinterest!

Another tip for keeping salad fresh longer: wash it, dry it, wrap it up in paper towel, and store in a ziplock bag. Keeps *forever*. Of course, not as eco-friendly as keeping it in a jar — I’d be curious to see which lasts longer.

Lizzie November 13, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Angela – I suspect the repins from your boards are going to be aplenty today!! There are some really cool ideas here. One I have seen before and love is that kitchen blackboard. Hopefully the next place we buy/move to will have room for one. Not really fitting in our little kitchen at the moment :)

Diana November 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Pinterest is such an inspiring place! Whether I get ideas for home decor, good eats, re-mixing my wardrobe, or a quotation to kick me in the bottom…it all motivates me to make my life a little more special!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 13, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I haven’t joined Pinterest because I have a feeling once I do, I’ll never get anything productive done! I love seeing all the fun DIY projects. :D

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 13, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Ha – I just posted about my addiction to Pinterest and how I’m using it for workout inspiration.

That chalk wall is awesome – I pinned a couple DIY option for that one. The cranberry margarita you found looks ah-mazing. :)

Sarah with Veggie Kids November 13, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I love all of those!! I wrote an article a while back about that same vegan food pyramid and someone brought a more updated version to my attention called “Power Plate” developed by a group of knowledgable doctors-here’s the link http://pcrm.org/health/diets/pplate/power-plate. I have post coming up about it on my Veggie Kids.

Lia November 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I’ve never actually checked out pintrest before, only heard about it, and now I’ve just spent 1.5 hours completely engulfed in it! Wow, I love it! I love your choices too btw. We have similar tastes :D The DIY stuff is awesome!

Katie November 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Great pins!!! I’m going to have to start following you – and pinning the recipes of yours that I want to try! :) If you are interested, you can follow me too – I pin lots of craft and sewing tutorials, recipes and home decor stuff :) http://pinterest.com/katherine27/

Heather @ Better With Veggies November 13, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I repinned several of these, awesome finds! I agree Pinterest is a cool site (although can be a time suck), so many interesting things in one place – many that I would have never found otherwise! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the DIY Whiteboard. :)

Ashley November 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I’m also addicted to Pinterest! I love the cranberry cocktail and the beautiful quotes:)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 13, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Looking at pinterest and thinks like it, like magazines, always makes me wonder if there’s anyone whose whole life looks like a pinterest inspiration board…

Anna D November 13, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I love pinterest!! It’s so addicting, but I learn so much and get so inspired everytime I go on!
Alsoo…The “I’d rather have a life of…” was actually written by Gracie at girlmeetslife.com (it’s her handwriting on that notepad, as well as her quote, I believe!) :) She rocks and is one of my favorite bloggers)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Oh cool, thanks for letting me know. I will update the post!

Pure2raw twins November 13, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I love Pinterest too! still a little new, but i get lost for hours on there. love learning new things like you mentioned here.

Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 13, 2011 at 3:10 pm

oooh I saw that first frame / wall and LOVED it! I am hoping to make something similar at home.

Erin @ The Grass Skirt November 13, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I love Pinterest for holiday decorating. I’m obsessed! My boards are at:

Katie November 14, 2011 at 10:16 am

I need a Pinterest add, any chance you would invite me? I’m on the waiting list :(

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 14, 2011 at 10:20 am

just emailed you an invite!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 13, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I love love love Pinterest. It’s my latest time suck :)

I used to be sucked in by my google reader but that’s been replaced more so with Pinterest b/c it’s a one-stop shopping of food, recipes, DIY pojects, clothing ideas, household ideas…it’s like…my perfect playground!

Love all these links and I have sooooo many empty glass jars that are begging for a good DIY project like you linked!

Meghan-Rose November 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Just starting to get into Pinterest! It’s so fun. http://pinterest.com/meghanroseo/

Britny W November 13, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Hey Angela! I absolutely love reading your blog on a daily basis and am constantly cooking your recipes. In fact, I just made your veggie burger last night and it was perfect! I am glad you love pinterest too! FYI: I just bought my first vegan protein powder: Nutribiotic vegan rice protein. I got it really cheap from vitacost.com using a referral credit of $10 I got from a friend. I thought your readers might be interested in the deals they have on that site so I am going to share my referral link if you are interested!
It may ask for my email and it’s [email protected]

Jennifer November 13, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I requested an invite on the website in August and haven’t heard anything back …. how long does it usually take to get a response?..

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Hmm I would try again. I think that happened to me as well!

Natasha November 14, 2011 at 10:26 am

I would definitely try again. I recieved my notice to join later the same day after my request! Maybe it went to junk/spam mail by mistake?

Melissa November 13, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I am obsessed with pinterest, I check it at least 20 times a day! Love the pics you posted. Here are my boards: http://pinterest.com/mgonyeo/

Cait's Plate November 13, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Gah!! LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!

Cortnie November 13, 2011 at 5:32 pm

So many good things on Pinterest – love so many of these! Kinda dying over that entryway with the turquoise dresser…

xo
cortnie

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Ahhh I know, it’s gorgeous.

Katie November 13, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I spend far too much time on pinterest, but I love it! That salad idea is great…I’m on it.

caroline m. November 13, 2011 at 5:50 pm

i LOVE the boredom jar idea! i don’t have kids, but even one for me and my sister would be a good solution, haha!

Kara M. November 13, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Oh my gosh, I LOVE pinterest! But, my invite request hasn’t been accepted yet :(

carmen @ life blessons November 13, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Oh, I love Pinterest, too. And I have a bunch of those crafty ones pinned, too!
Here’s my board: http://pinterest.com/lifeblessons/

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts November 13, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I am now so inspired I want to skip work in favour of DIY projects :) If only I could phrase this in a no fail way to my employer…

Great round up!

Maria Schade November 13, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I can always count on you for some Monday morning inspiration! I really needed that, I’ve been stuck in a rut lately and had a not-so-great 1/2 marathon yesterday.
Thank you!
Maria

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats November 13, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I love Pinterest! :) That chalkboard grocery list will be in my home someday!

[email protected] November 13, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I love the whiteboard idea! I sent it to my boyfriend, it might be a weekend project :) And I Amazon wishlisted a foodsaver so I can salad in a jar!

Me November 13, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Hi…another Pinterest addict here! I just love the fact that it is sot easy to pin those great ideas and have a place to go bak and consult them when you need to. My boards are at http://pinterest.com/melgionet/

Allison November 13, 2011 at 10:58 pm

This is THE BEST cake/cookie/cupcake decorating tip (using an icing bag) EVER. Cleaning icing bags is such a pain and this is a great idea on how not to ever have to do that again! http://pinterest.com/pin/278449189430624906/

Yolanda Fay November 14, 2011 at 12:17 am

I’m eagerly awaiting my invitation to Pinterest! I can’t wait to get on. I love your board! The Ros quote was just what I needed to hear today. Thanks for sharing <3

Maureen November 14, 2011 at 12:17 am

I just started Pinterest this morning and I am already addicted!!
Follow me at: http://pinterest.com/organicallymo/

Emily @ The Divine Carrot November 14, 2011 at 1:16 am

I love the home deco ideas! We are currently trying to revamp the oh-so-outdated kitchen in our tiny Munich apartment… these are some great inspirations! I love the blackboard idea!!

Kris | iheartwellness.com November 14, 2011 at 2:01 am

Dudette….why on heaven’s earth have I not been to Pinterest yet???? WTF?

I’m heading there now. Jeez.

These are ALL fab! Love the boot sock out of sweaters! LOVE!
xxoo

Emma (Emma+Jacob) November 14, 2011 at 5:05 am

The portable snack idea and the salad in a jar entries are just plain brilliant!

Katrina November 14, 2011 at 6:37 am

So many neat sites! Thanks for sharing :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 14, 2011 at 7:29 am

I just can’t get into Pintrest, I have an account, I have followers,and I haven’t done anything on it in months. I think I don’t understand it!

I made your Buttercream frosting for your gingerbread last night, it was delish! My Vegan friend will love it!! Thank you!!

jeannette November 14, 2011 at 7:48 am

Cool! I never saw this before. Thanks for spreading the word!

LizAshlee November 14, 2011 at 8:39 am

I haven’t gotten into Pintrest yet bc I have been so busy and just know I can’t manage 1 more thing right now but I am super excited to check out some of these how-to’s soon…luv the dry erase board and the mason jars…so cute!!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh November 14, 2011 at 8:53 am

Great stuff! I can’t put Pinterest on my to do list though or my real one would never get done. I spend way too much time online as it is! LOL

Britny W November 14, 2011 at 9:12 am

Hey Angela! I am sorry my comment came off looking like spam :(. I truly do enjoy your blog, and I hope you do not think I am some robot lol. I was just trying to share some information with you. Sorry if I offended you at all. Thanks!

Morgan November 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I Love the home decor sections! Nothing more fun than planning a glamorous dream home!

K November 14, 2011 at 1:52 pm

oooh, I will have to get on board with PinInterest, great ideas!

Ashley November 14, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Those are great photos, thanks for sharing! Love the idea of the “bored jar” and the ghost pog comic.

sarah November 14, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I was wearing my scarf when I read this, and tried the scarf tying–LOVE! Also love the quotes, going to check out pinterest now…

Haley November 14, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I was wondering if you could send me an invite i love your site and pinterest

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm

just did!

Liz November 14, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Would anyone be willing to send me a Pinterest invite?? I’m still on the waiting list :(

sarah November 15, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I just tried signing up too, and had to go on a waiting list–that’s just plain mean! Why do they do that?
How long is the wait typically?

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 15, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I’m not too sure, it sounds as if the wait time is much longer than it was when I signed up.

Annie November 15, 2011 at 11:05 pm

LOVE everything you posted. Cannot wait to peruse “my ideal home”.

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner November 16, 2011 at 9:02 am

oh wow.. some of these are so cool! i love the chalkboard in the kitchen idea.. very neat! i like the idea of the bored jar too.. definitely going to keep that in mind!

Amy November 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I’m addicted to Pinterest but am still waiting for an invite. If you can send me an invite that would be amazing. Love your blog!

sarah November 17, 2011 at 9:44 am

I am so eager to get onto Pinterest, but have heard no response from them. Any chance you would send me an invite? I’d be so grateful :)

Lindsay December 2, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I love all of the projects/ideas on your page. How do I get someone to invite me to pinterest?

Kelsey December 8, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I have never tried to wear a scarf quite like that. Now I’m curious…