Easy Vegan & Gluten-Free Crackers

IMG_3446-2

Have you ever been at a point in your life when you feel a creeping urgency to do stuff?

Important stuff. Fun stuff.

I’m not dead yet stuff.

I’m not getting any younger stuff.

Life Crisis stuff.

I need to stop watching Fall TV and get off my butt stuff.

Eric and I came to this conclusion the other night. We had an amazing conversation about life, goals, and making sure our days are meaningful.

Then we each made lists. Bucket lists. A bucket list is sort of like a to-do list, but much more fun. I’ve made a Fitness Bucket List before too. Some of these things below I’m already working on, but putting them on paper makes them more mindful, real, and exciting. The list is also a great motivator to get off the couch at night and do something other than watch TV!

Write it down. Dream big. Allow yourself to write “crazy” ideas. Some of mine include:

• Learn how to horseback ride. Maybe even do a jump. Don’t die.
  • Learn to play the piano. Play at upscale restaurants complete with sparkly evening gown. <—don’t ask.
  • Create elaborate Halloween costumes complete with professional make-up.
  • Be a fashionista, or at least learn how to dress myself like a grown up instead of leaving the mall with a bottle of nail polish, a necklace, and another bra.
  • Write books. Cookbooks. Life books. Picture books. <—working on it
  • Manage anxiety better. <—working on it
  • Be a peaceful animal rights activist <—working on it
  • Take professional photography courses
  • Rescue dog from shelter
  • Stuff a piñata full of homemade vegan candies and beat the crap out of it with friends. Stuff face.
  • Start my own charity
  • Make the best vegan brownies of my life. <—Did it
  • Live in different parts of the world & travel
  • Weight train consistently <—working on it
  • Sign up for Toastmasters. Charm and dazzle. Pretend I’m George Clooney.
  • Make favourite cracker recipe. Repeat as necessary.

Did it.

IMG_3432

I’ve attempted to make crackers on a regular basis, but it never stuck. I realized if I’m ever going to make my own crackers regularly, they had to satisfy the following:

• Healthy ingredients I’d feel good about eating on a regular basis
  • Low in added fat
  • DELICIOUS
  • Quick and easy to throw together

Jackpot.

IMG_3444

You might be thinking, how can rolling dough be quick and easy?

I know, I know, no one wants to roll out dough. Even when I see recipes that require rolling, I usually pass them by. Rolling out dough can be scary even for practiced bakers. But this dough is honestly so easy to roll out.

IMG_3426

It’s not sticky, rippy, or annoying in any way. Trust me, I would complain bitterly if it was.

IMG_3431

In minutes you have crackers ready to go into the oven.

IMG_3437

The only work you have to do after that is trying not to burn your tongue when they come out of the oven!

IMG_3447

IMG_3446

I finally feel like I’ve found “the one”. I’ll be seeing these again real soon, and next time, doubling the batch.

IMG_3445

We enjoyed some with almond butter.

IMG_3450

Mmm.

IMG_3453

Best brownies of my life, you’re next.

IMG_3481

What’s on your bucket list?

~~~

Today is the final day to vote in the Foodbuzz Awards! You can vote for all of your fav blogs here until 5pm Pacific time. Thank you guys for your support!

1 Kate October 17, 2011

Ive been looking for a vegan brownie recipe so im super excited for those, I love making crackers @ home im still trying to get something that resembles marys crackers though!

2 Happy Baker September 19, 2014

Kate, serenityfoods.com has a really good vegan brownie mix.

3 Margaret October 17, 2011

These crackers look very achievable. I was fine with rolling dough in the past, but since I went gluten free I’ve just assumed I’d end up with a disaster.
Angela thank you for your amazing blog. You inspire me every day.
I do miss your old header though! :)

4 Lillian October 17, 2011

These look fantastic! I’m adding this to the ever-increasing list of awesome recipes you’ve created that I want to cook. :) Have a good Monday!

5 Giulia @ Tutupa's Lab October 17, 2011

can’t wait for the brownie recipe! on my bucket list: see the aurora borealis, and possibly all of the seven wonders of the world ( of more categories), run a marathon, have children!

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 17, 2011

These look so good Ange! I love making lists of all sorts, and I love crossing things off of them even more! A photography class is also on my list – gotta get on that one soon! I’d also love to see a bunch of states in the US that I haven’t been to yet, grow my own produce garden (you’ve already done that!), find my dream job, oh, and then there’s that issue of finding a husband!! Have a fantastic day!

7 BB October 17, 2011

These look wonderful! If I wanted to make these nut free could I just swap out the almond meal for whole wheat pastry flour? (Gluten isn’t an issue.)

8 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Yes I think many flours would work :)

9 Heather (Heather's Dish) October 17, 2011

i love homemade crackers…they always have the best flavor!

10 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 17, 2011

I need to try these! Love the pics :)

11 Kelsey @ Living the Gluten Free Life October 17, 2011

These look sooo good! Can’t wait to try them out!

12 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 17, 2011

I was just about to ask about “Make the best vegan brownies of my life. <—Did it" and then I read the last line.

Crackers are nice, brownies are better :)

Kidding!

These look AMAZING. Angela, wow. You outdid yourself. Massively wonderful job. I love the pizza cutter technique, too. Perfect precision. And that there's chunky seeds and texture to these and not everything is blended to a pulp. And there's nooch. And rosemary. Swoon.

I think these are on my bucket list!

13 Kirsten October 17, 2011

Wow…these look so good! I love the simplicity of them.

14 katie@ KatieDid October 17, 2011

Gorgeous, delcious! I tried making crackers once… big time fail. They seem intimidating, and apparently for me, rightfully so… but these look really simple! is a 1/2 cup of almonds really equal to 1/2 cup almond flour too? just curious!

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

I’m not sure about that, but I assume it is? I will have to check next time. Either way I don’t think it will impact the overall results much!

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Update!! I just tested it (it was driving me insane wondering), and….. 1 cup almonds equaled 1.5 cups flour (when ground). So 1/2 cup almonds would equal 3/4 c flour. Interesting…

By the way, that’s non-packed almond flour, placed very loosely in the cup.

17 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 17, 2011

I love the goal about making elaborate Halloween costumes. I always want to be that girl… and end up wearing a white button down and calling myself Tom Cruise. LOL!

Your crackers look amazing. I bet they are fantastic with hummus and cucumbers. Can’t wait for those brownies!

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

LOL @ Tom Cruise…might have to steal that one! err…I mean create an elaborate costume of course..

19 Ashley October 17, 2011

I started my Bucket List a few years ago and was fortunate enough to cross “Take a trip to Spain” off after my dream vacation this summer!

20 Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove October 17, 2011

The cracker recipe looks so interesting! It’s something I never would have thought of trying to make. I am super excited for that brownie recipe since that is something I would think to make. :)

21 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 17, 2011

i’m a visual learner and always wire down idea, hopes, dreams, expectations… makes things more achievable for me :)

these crackers look fantastic. thanks, angela!

22 Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy October 17, 2011

Those brownies look delicious cannot wait for the recipe! And I love how thick those crackers are! Yum!

23 Meredith October 17, 2011

I find it so funny that you have “take a professional photography course” on your list, when I would TOTALLY love to take a course from YOU! Your pictures are gorgeous but you still want to learn – what a great growth mentality!

I always think of the Aristotle’s “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit” quote. I like how many of the items on your list are ongoing. Most of my list is less “climb mount everest” and more “remember to floss” haha ;)

24 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

What a lovely thing to say, thank you!

I love that quote :)

25 Jessica@Glaze October 17, 2011

UHG! I completely know how you feel! I have a major fear of being old and thinking of all the stuff I could have done. The typical bucket list items dont interest me. Yours looks more plausible. Great looking brownies! Not a vegan but I will try them!

26 Shanna October 17, 2011

Love the cracker recipe! Great idea with the bucket list too. It’s easy to say there are things you want to do with your life, but putting it in writing does seem to make it more of a necessity. If you ever come down to New Jersey, I can help you with your horseback-riding goal. :)

27 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

I might have to take you up on that!

28 Natalie October 17, 2011

I love bucket lists!! And I love reading other people’s. I’m going to go back and read your fitness one and hopefully inspire myself :)

Also, I’m a rider, complete with jumping. Give it a try, it makes my life. :)

29 Allysia October 17, 2011

Hey, I’ve been wanting to join up with Toastmasters too, though if I’m being honest I probably won’t pretend I’m George Clooney. But setting goals is so much fun! I find it really sharpens my focus on the present moment, which inevitably makes life more enjoyable, and more purposeful! I feel like a kid when I write things like, “tour the world with my band” or “make a comic”, but kids know how to have all the fun, so is that really such a bad thing? :)

I’ve had the same problem with crackers (not too healthy, difficult to roll, etc), so this recipe looks great! So do the brownies…holy yum.

30 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 17, 2011

Love your bucket list. I’ve never written mine out and I think it’s because it will overwhelm me with all the things I WANT to be doing in life and aren’t right now! But, I guess that’s the point of a list, huh? Anyway-bring on those brownies!

31 Aine @ Something to Chew Over October 17, 2011

You definitely need to try horseback riding :)

I love crackers – these look so good!

32 Faith @ For the Health of It October 17, 2011

My bucket list is still in progress…so far it includes a marathon (LOTS of work left on that one, heh), go to a Superbowl, go skydiving, travel somewhere (anywhere) in Europe, get a cabin in the mountains with my boyfriend for the weekend, and learn how to surf!

33 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh October 17, 2011

Okay when I tried to grasp the concept of homemade crackers, I winced. Then as I read I became intrigued. I think I will put making homemade crackers on my bucket list because I absolutely would not do this otherwise. As far as the rest of the bucket list, I’ll have to think on that one. I know ziplining, paragliding off the side of Haleakala and bungee jumping in New Zealand are on the list. Just gotta get down to the proper weight limits first then watch me fly!

34 Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa October 17, 2011

Crackers are awesome. Brownies are better! When is the recipe coming??

I have been preparing a mental bucket list lately. I need to start making the changes in my life that I have been dreaming of for a long time!

35 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

sometime this week :)

36 Krystina (Organically Me) October 17, 2011

The crackers look great, but OH MY GOD those brownies!

37 Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan October 17, 2011

these look so crunchy and easy! I like the light texture of brown rice flour

38 Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission October 17, 2011

Already voted for you =)
I’m trying out these crackers right now!! I have all the ingredients on-hand.
And I’m so looking forward to those brownies!

39 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Thanks Dawn :)

40 Yolie @ Practising Wellness October 17, 2011

It’s so funny you should mention this, because my boyfriend (the Kiwi) and I were talking about our England Bucket List just this weekend. You see, he is from New Zealand, and I am from England (where we met, and where we live at the moment). But in two years we have plans/dreams to move and settle in New Zealand (scary and exciting at the same time, lol!) :-P
And after making that decision, and setting that 2 year target this weekend, it made us think of ALL the things we want to do in England (and Europe) while we still live here. So we are making a UK/EU Bucket List! :-D So fun! <3 Love yours – and love that you've been thinking the same thing, in a way!
Take care and have a beautiful day! <3 xyx

41 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Wow that’s fun! Congrats :) I’m sure you will have the time of your life!

42 Bronwyn October 17, 2011

Too many things to count! I really need to get off my butt and work on achieving some of them. That’s one of my goals. Bucket list: sky dive, bungee jump, see the world, find a job that satisfies me, find a way to make that happen.

43 Lindsay October 17, 2011

I definitely know how you feel! I have a ‘bucket list’ in my head, but I’m not doing a very good job crossing them off :s

44 Beth October 17, 2011

These look great! I will be trying them. I made your pumpkin pie chia pudding parfaits with the ginger cookies Saturday, and they were amazing! I love gingersnaps and anything pumpkin, so that was a good match. I will definitely make them again.
Re: my bucket list, I just crossed one thing off (a half-Iroman triathlon) but have many more things, such as:
-go to Ireland
-join the Daughters of the American Revolution (um, finish my application…)
-Write a book
-learn to ski
-learn to knit and/or crochet
-stay in one of those glass-bottomed huts in Fiji
-and many, many more.

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

I’m glad you enjoyed the parfaits!

Glass bottomed hut….*swoon*

46 Stephanie October 17, 2011

Mmm, brownies! BTW, I made your Pumpkin Pie Brownie for a potluck this weekend (though it was a Sweet Potato brownie, because I didn’t have any canned pumpkin or time to cook my sugar pumpkin)…oh my god, delicious! We were there for an hour, and there was about 1/4 left (which I left for other arrivals).

47 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Glad it was enjoyed! I’ve been wondering if it works with SP so that’s great to know.

48 Ashley October 17, 2011

These crackers looks amazing– I’m totally afraid of rolling out dough too! And the bucket list is such a good idea, I’m thinking of doing that myself!

49 Sarah Dean October 17, 2011

My poor bucket list….I didn’t think I would be driven to accomplish things on it so quickly when I wrote it at 15….now that Im 21 Im half through…some things ive accomplished are get married, get my degree in nursing, run a half marathon, save someone’s life, eat organically…..some still to come…Travel to rome, plant a vegetable garden, own a home, open a bakery/coffee house(in retirement?:S)…..
Thanks for some inspiration…im going to try and make a longer bucket list this week!

50 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Wow good for you!

51 Michaela October 17, 2011

I love your list! Please don´t die when jumping with a horse (maybe the one you took such a beautiful close-up of ;))! And trust me, its not that hard to do jumps (at least not the “smaller” ones).
My list includes going on a holiday with my girlfriends. We haven´t managed that so far, but I bet we would have a blast.
Besides, I don´t have that much on my list, as especially this year has been such a whirlwind where I fulfilled so many things (like traveling to a foreign place all by myself, try out new gym classes, run a public race, try new food…).

52 Beth - Tasty Yummies October 17, 2011

Wonderful post – I have so many items on my own mental list like this, but I have never written them all down in one place. You’ve inspired me to just that this week, such a great idea.

I can’t wait to try out these crackers, I am always looking for something different to dip into my homemade hummus or spread nutella on :)

53 Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com October 17, 2011

I love the idea of a bucket list! Right now, I feel like I’m at a crossroads and I don’t know which way to turn…I think this will be my project for tonight to be posted on my blog tomorrow.

An easy cracker recipe? Yes, please! I have some garlic herb goat cheese in the fridge dying to be spread on a nummy cracker! ;)

Happy Monday!

54 Kris | iheartwellness.com October 17, 2011

I’m in heaven over here!!!!

Great question…I love your list and know you can do each and every one, plus more ;) I want to create such a movement with women and show them that confidence, passion and business are things we can talk about, enjoy and be good at!!!

I also want to possibly run a marathon, have kiddies, write a book, etc.

Great crackers dollface!

xxoo

55 Becca October 17, 2011

Big surprise?

Just a question: awhile back you talked about a big surprise, but then you never followed-up on it… will we the readers ever hear the big reveal?

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

I hoped it would be by now, but it’s taking longer than expected. Hopefully soon :)

57 Julie at Burnt Carrots October 17, 2011

I stopped eating gluten about 6 months ago and feel a million times better. You end up eating a lot healthier too. I’m always looking for gluten free recipes and this one looks great! Thanks so much for sharing!

58 Jared / The Laughing Vegan October 17, 2011

ANGELA you are such a tease with those brownies!! Don’t get me wrong, those crackers look great and I’m pleased to have found an easy recipe. I despise rolling (and kneading, also) as well but this does not look time consuming or difficult. But the brownies…

59 Bethany :0) October 17, 2011

You must have read my mind that I’ve been desperate for some easy, GF, vegan crackers! I’ve been unsuccessful with other recipes (see: sticky, icky mess), so I’m eternally grateful to be rescued by your brilliance again! Thank you for another daily dose of inspiration on both the cracker and life front. It’s just what I needed today!

60 Fiorella October 17, 2011

Do you have any replacements for the almond flour? My son and husband are allergic :/
I definitely have to make these for my toddlers snacks.

61 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

You could probably sub most types of flour, I would think. If the dough is too dry you can add a touch more water.

62 Sabrina October 17, 2011

Your doggie may be on deaths door step right now. Did you know that in Canada when a shelter is listed as non kill that just means that they give their dogs and cats to other shelters to be killed? Im not an animal rights activist but I know that right now your doggie is still in a cage wondering if you will get there in time to save his or hers life. So what are u waiting for???
Sabs.

63 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 17, 2011

I found out I’m allergic to gluten (among other things) this weekend so I’m glad to see this recipe to make my own crackers! They look delicious!

64 bitt October 17, 2011

awesome you are considering adopting a dog! way better than a bred dog, sadly so many bred dogs have inbred diseases that shorten their lives. mutts are the best! ;-)

thanks for the GF cracker recipe. I like chickpea flour so I may have to go off the original one there.

I am just curious (and trying to be a peaceful animal activist here), but the goal of horseback riding does not seem to fit into being an animal activist or vegan lifestyle. using animals for riding on just goes against that philosophy.

65 Andrea October 17, 2011

I am a HUGE lover of all animals, including horses. But, horses have been used for riding for hundreds and hundreds of years. They were the primary mode of transportation in the past. I think it is partly their instinct to be used for riding.. just my input.

66 maggie October 17, 2011

Yes!! I’ve been wanting to make crackers..besides the normal juice crackers that are like my favorite Mary’s ones. Maybe I can sub whole flax seeds for the sesame seeds?

Thanks!!

Maggie

67 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Yes I think that would work great!

68 angela October 17, 2011

hi angela … I’m going to make these brownies.

can you share the link please for your brownies that you pictured at the end of your cracker post. I search with the keyword brownie but there are several recipes.

You said they were the best brownies of your life. Thanks Angela. Have a beautiful fall day.

Best, Angela C.

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

The recipe is coming up sometime this week :)

70 Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes October 17, 2011

AHH, these look incredible! I love that they are vegan and gluten free- amazing! Can’t wait to see that brownie recipe as well! :)

71 Lauren October 17, 2011

I haven’t commented in soo long :( I still come check up all the time though! :D But these crackers look so yummy! Love that you are providing us with more GF recipes :)

72 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Thanks Lauren!

73 VeggieGirl October 17, 2011

Just wanted to let you know that I made your pumpkin mac and cheese and it was AMAZING! My husband ate a TON of it too and wants me to make it again, and he is a former cheese addict!

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

I’m happy to hear that! I love when men enjoy these recipes…such a compliment, right?

75 Jessy (squeezetheday) October 17, 2011

These look amazing! Would any flour work (buckwheat, spelt, oat)? And what could I sub nutritional yeast with?

76 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

You can leave out the nutr. yeast all together probably. I would think most flours work here. If the dough is dry add a touch more water.

77 Eat Hike Sleep Repeat October 17, 2011

i am a cracker addict. must make these!
my bucket list has really been a “do what feels right, right now” list since my interests often change (out with the hot yoga, in with roller derby!). what doesn’t change is the love that the two heaps of rescued fur on my floor provide. when you’re ready, there will be a rescue pet waiting for you :)

78 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Def. agree…I’ve had dogs from shelters as a child and they were the best pets anyone could ask for, I can’t wait until we’re able to get another dog!

79 Amber K October 17, 2011

I’m not even a huge cracker fan, but these look really good! My husband is obsessed with all things pretzel or cracker-related so now I know what to make him!

80 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner October 17, 2011

love the idea of homemade crackers! they look good.
I hope you guys had a great weekend!

81 Shruti October 17, 2011

I love your blog for all the different vegan recipes. Your chocolate cupcake recipe has been my absolute favorite . I have a request. I see you make recipes with different ingredients. Is it possible to bake vegan without having to hunt for special ingredients like spelt flour or almond flour? Or you could post what can be used instead of such ingredients. I

82 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Often I will write ingredients that can be subbed, but I have not in this recipe as I havent tried them more than once. I’m sure most flours would work though.

83 Ellie@fitforthesoul October 17, 2011

oh dang these look so crunchilious! :P Mmmmm. It’s funny how some things, as much as we love making them, just don’t stick!

And I love this one: “Learn how to horseback ride. Maybe even do a jump. Don’t die.” Haha, that’s definitely one of my goals. I also want to hang glide so badly! Also, go to as many 3rd world countries as I’m allowed, and the list is endless….:)

84 Anna @ The Guiltless Life October 17, 2011

Can’t wait for that brownie recipe. And love the idea of making your own crackers!

Btw, I totally get that playing piano in a sparkly dress thing.

85 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

I knew I wasn’t crazy! ;)

86 Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles October 17, 2011

I love this, they’d be such a great change of pace from carrots for hummus dipping. Also, I’m totally okay with walking out of the store with another bra. If it looks great, great. If not, no one has to see it!

Love those “bucket list” type conversations. You’re right, they’re so motivating!

87 Kelly October 17, 2011

I have made crackers before but honestly (and I realize this makes me sound super lazy) they are too much work when I can just go and buy them at the store. I am pathetic I know. I feel that way about crackers, spaghetti sauce, cinnamon rolls, English muffins, and salsa. I have made all of these things and while I do feel some sort of satisfaction after completing them it still hasn’t stopped me from only doing it one time each and then just going to store each time after that.

88 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

It’s not pathetic at all. I’m the same way with most convenience items! I think it’s fun to make them once and a while though.

89 Kristine October 17, 2011

Yum! Making these tonight. Thanks for another great recipe. :)

90 Leia October 17, 2011

I’m a piano teacher – I’ll teach you! :P And also I have a fashion blog, so I can even supply the sparkly dress, hehe.

91 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Umm where have you been all my life? I’ll bring you the best brownies I’ve ever tasted… :)

92 Jackie @ That Deep Breath October 17, 2011

Yum!! I can’t wait to try these. Right now my go-to recipe for crackers is your recipe for Wheat Thins, but I’ll have to try this one!

93 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 17, 2011

Lately I’ve become a cracker addict – I love Kashi TLC and Mary’s crackers! But it would be fun to switch things up and try making my own. I think making these crackers would make a good excuse for a study break this week. ;)

94 Wendy Irene October 17, 2011

I can’t wait to see the best brownies of your life recipe!! I know they will be amazing, especially after trying your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thanks for sharing the love! :)

95 Rachael @ FreshlyMinted October 17, 2011

My husband and I just recently had a similar conversation. Those lists are fun and frightening at the same time, huh?!
We’re looking at:
World travel
Jobs we love
Finding a hobby we BOTH enjoy
Half Iron Man
Kids <- (scariest of all!)

Glad someone else is going through the same crazy process….and me giving great stress-relieving recipes at the same time ; )

96 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

It’s a bit intimidating, right? But fun to share it with someone you love.

97 Christie October 17, 2011

Mmm homemade crackers are the best! This recipe looks amazing!

On my bucketlist: travel all over the world, volunteer in India, take a professional cooking course, and toastmasters (its on my list too!)

Looking forward to that brownie recipe…!!

98 Melissa @ Hot Chokolate Girl October 17, 2011

Thanks for sharing your list! I am looking forward to the brownie recipe. And someday, I would love to open my own green smoothie and green juice bar.

99 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 17, 2011

mmm these crackers look delish!

100 Moni'sMeals October 17, 2011

Alright! All I need is the brown rice flour and I hope to make these, as they look fantastic!

I adore your bucket list, awesome! I hear ya on the piano, me too. :)

oh and yes, I voted, (duh)

;)

101 Ashley Z October 17, 2011

Next time you’re in Calgary you’ll have to come visit my horsies and I will take you for a ride :)

-Ashley

102 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

That would be wonderful Ashley! Thanks for the offer, I will have to take you up on that. :)

103 Lea October 17, 2011

Well…..I just took the crackers out of the oven and couldn’t resist tasting one right off the bat.
I can tell you right now…they will not last long. I’m lucky to have a vitamix, as I used it to grind my own rice flour, almond flour and flax meal. Thanx Angela for another winner.

104 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

Oh that’s great to hear!

This is probably a silly question, but to make rice flour do you just grind uncooked rice?

105 Karen October 17, 2011

Angela,
Have you ever tried making brown rice flour by processing raw brown rice?
I’m sure I could find it in a store near-by if I look long enough, but I was wondering if it’d be that simple?
Thanks:)

106 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

hehe I didn’t see this question and I just asked Lea that above! I was wondering the same thing. I hope she sees it :)

107 TeenyLittleSuperChef October 17, 2011

Oh wow, these sound so yummy and deliciously easy to make. I can’t wait to give ’em a try. Any suggestions for some tasty dips to serve them with. Hummus? Peanut Butter? I bet those would all be really tasty. Thanks for the awesome recipe, Angela :)

108 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 17, 2011

I tried hummus and it was great (prob my fav), but then again what doesn’t go with hummus. :)

109 Isobelle@vganjar October 17, 2011

Thank you so much for this recipe! I have been trying to come up with a gluten-free cracker for so long!

Traveling the world is the number one thing on my bucket list

110 katie October 17, 2011

1. i love your blog.
2. i love your recipes.
3. i reeeeeeeally love your buttercream frosting/pumpkin gingerbread recipe.
4. my husband reeeeeeelly loves your buttercream frosting/pumpkin gingerbread recipe.

rock on, girl – your stuff is AMAZING.

111 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

haha thanks Katie! :) I’m happy to hear that!

112 Carrie (Carrie on Vegan) October 17, 2011

Ohhh, great post! I also have it on my to-do list to join Toastmasters, I really need to work on my public speaking skills. Other than that, I’m staying focused on my journey to become a vegan RD/MPH, I’m 2 years away from it!

113 Apple @Polkadotsandchopsticks October 17, 2011

Healthy delicious crackers? I’m there!
I’m actually working on making a list for myself of goals to achieve too. I can relate to quite a few on yours :)

114 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats October 17, 2011

Those are some great goals Angela! I really enjoy writing down long and short term things I want to accomplish. They help me stay focused AND allow me to dream big!

115 veganlisa October 17, 2011

I wish we lived a little closer because I’d totally join Toastmasters with you. I’m leaving in two weeks for my big trip and that all started with making a list and sending some emails. Who knows where your list will take you.

Love ya,

116 sam October 17, 2011

Do you think oat floour and whole wheat pastry flour would work instead of almond and brown rice flour?

117 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

I think most flours *should* work although not positive. Let me know if you try it out!

118 Krissy October 17, 2011

This recipe sounds absolutely amazing! I think this recipe may be the first step in me saying goodbye to my Mary’s Cracker addiction :)
I may even try a raw version – I’ll let you know how they turn out! xoxo

119 Ella, RD October 17, 2011

Hi Angela! I was wondering – what do most crackers have in them that makes them not-vegan? Eggs?

120 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

Some have milk, and/or butter and occasionally eggs…but yes there are many versions that are vegan naturally which is nice!

121 Anastasia October 17, 2011

THANK YOU! I hate buying crackers: they have soybean oil that my son is allergic to and 20 ingredients nobody can pronounce. Just today I was thinking that I should be making my own crackers and need to look for recipes online. And you post the cracker recipe! I can’t wait to try these : will probably substitute a thing or two and blog about the experience.

122 Danielle October 17, 2011

Recipe for vegan brownies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!

123 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

coming this week!

124 Mae October 17, 2011

Awesome post! I need to write a list and be more proactive / deliberate with my goals. If you want to live internationally, I lived in Thailand for 2 years and loved it, but I might recommend vacationing there first. :)

125 Gini October 18, 2011

Hi Angela,

just made the crackers and they are Yummy….never found crackers here in Germany that are low on fat AND tasty. So thank you for that recipe!!

What is Toastmasters?? Can´t find a translation.

Like your new “comment-foto”!

Go on girl, Gini.

126 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

Thanks Gini :)

Toastemasters info can be found here: http://www.toastmasters.org/

127 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 18, 2011

I just love your cracker recipes. I am going to give them a try for the Christmas period for sure. :)

128 helen @ change comes from within October 18, 2011

My bucket list is here: http://porcelinatweets.wordpress.com/bucket-list/

Some major goals, some silly goals! Take a look if you have time :)

Thank you for the cracker recipe, om nom. I am going to make these for a GF friend, sure she will appreciate them!

BTW you’ve so got my foodbuzz votes! Angela FTW!

129 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

Thanks helen!

130 Jill October 18, 2011

hooray! mary’s gone crackers are just too expensive, although they’re good and nutritious. i’ll have to try these.
hmmm my bucket list includes (but not limited to):

complete my masters in social work
work with youth involved in the juvenile court system
be a great mom
paint beautfiul and colorful flower pictures for my house
keep my plants alive
try zumba and pilates

131 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

Great goals :) I can relate to ‘keep plants alive’… :)

132 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! October 18, 2011

I want to make homemade crackers so bad!!!!!! And I love your bucket list! So many things on there I want to accomplish to!

133 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 18, 2011

I love your post today! I love your bucket list! I’m not sure what my list is, but I know I want to run a marathon, go to Hawaii, own my own business involving food, like a bakery and be a better all around person. You gave me food for thought! I think I’ll create a bucket list and see if I can complete it!

134 Heather October 18, 2011

These look amazing, Angela! Congrats on crossing that off your bucket list.

Among my bucket list (upon graduation from college this year):
– Become a nutritionist
– Continue teaching fitness classes
– Continue singing/playing piano
– Travel!
– Help women and men realize their own self-worth—>this is the big one! <3

135 Ami @ parsnipsandpears October 18, 2011

sooo excited to try making these!! My son is a cracker-a-holic so I am hooked on finding new homemade cracker recipes lately! This one looks amazing :) PS dyyyyyyyyying for that brownie recipe… that picture has been invading my thoughts since you first posted it as a tease on facebook ;)

136 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 18, 2011

Fun List! I always wanted to write and illustrate a children’s book.

137 Marcella October 18, 2011

I’m excited to give these a try. I’m going to sub garbanzo flour for the almond flour to cut back a little bit on the fat content. Plus, I don’t have any almond flour in the house! Thanks for the great recipe! I struggle with crackers–they never come out quite right, so I’m really excited to give these a try.

138 Konoups October 18, 2011

These crackers sound delicious! Definitely be making these over the weekend! I love your website. Your constantly churning out recipes. I dont know how you do it, and they all look and sound delicious. Keep up the good work! Im a big fan:)

139 Jill @ A Cook's Nook October 18, 2011

Do I ever get that urge! Every few months I feel the need to set goals and act on them, as in immediately. It drives my poor husband insane.

140 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn October 18, 2011

Eeeee please send me a batch at college?!

141 Samantha - www.sammy-jane.blogspot.com October 18, 2011

OK, stupid question of the day alert……
Do you think that it would be possible to create brown rice flour by processing uncooked brown rice in a food processor????

142 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 18, 2011

These want me to dip them in hummus.

143 Sarah@inspirebeautiful.blogspot.com October 20, 2011

you should!! I ate them with the roasted red pepper hummus. TO DIE FOR.

144 Heather October 18, 2011

About the almond flour. Is there a good substitute for it in this recipe? If so would the same be true for other recipes that call for almond flour/meal? Really, of all the things I could develop an allergy to, it had to be tree nuts. I try to find ways around it when possible.

Btw, LOVE the fitness bucket list idea. I’ve already decided I’m going to do a Tough Mudder for my 30th Bday. Also, I’ve been a Green Monster fan for quite a while.

145 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

You could probably sub another type of flour if possible. I think many flours would work.

146 Carrie October 18, 2011

I made these today with oat flour instead of brown rice flour. I kept the almond flour the same. They are fantastic. I love the nutty salty flavor. Thanks so much

147 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2011

I’m glad to hear that Carrie…I will have to try it with oat flour too!

148 Steph October 18, 2011

These crackers were super easy to make and so much more healthy than buying a boxed cracker. I used whole wheat flour and they came out perfectly. My 3 year old loves them; she kept stealing the edges while they were cooling! Thanks for the recipe!

149 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 19, 2011

Im happy to hear that!

150 Katie @ BloomEveryday October 18, 2011

Gorgeous! This looks so great. Check us out some time @ BloomEveryday.wordpress.com – we’d love to share some recipes of ours with you too. :)

151 amanda October 18, 2011

I made a “pre-PhD bucket list”… Things that I would like to accomplish beyond the lab bench. I do have publishing and passing candidacy on there, but I also have learning a third language, running 8K, mentoring someone, joining a choir, going to an out-of-province conference, talking about science in a language other than English, growing my LinkedIn contacts list, visiting my relatives in the maritimes, and so on….

152 Sarah @ sarahsartetc.wordpress.com October 19, 2011

These are amazing!! Just made them and am eating them all within less then forty minutes!! I used part chickpea flour as well as the almond and brown rice flour and added sunflower seeds, cumin and chilli powder and baked with thinly sliced garlic ontop. So good. Thanks!!

153 Heather October 19, 2011

Thanks for the recipe, will be trying these out. I always enjoy your inspirational posts.

I hope you reconsider horseback riding! Horses (nor any animal) are ours to use! I think of it like this – would I put a saddle and bit on a human so I could ride them around? No, so I wouldn’t do it to an animal that can’t let me know if they’re uncomfortable while I’m using him/her. Nor would you ride your cat or future dog.

154 Brit October 19, 2011

Just made these and I’m SOOOOO happy with them!!! Good-bye store-bought crackers!! These were so easy and there’s just enough of them. :) Thanks!

155 Summer October 19, 2011

These were delicious and very filling. I used a mix of spelt and oat flour for the rice flour, and I worried they wouldn’t hold together very well because my oats and almonds weren’t that finely ground. They were wonderful! I used black sesame seeds, which looked very pretty. Thanks for the recipe!

156 Kiera October 19, 2011

Looks good! Can you recommend a great GF bread recipe?

157 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 20, 2011

Sorry I dont know of one but I bet there is one here http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

158 Marnie October 20, 2011

Just baked a batch and they are perfect. Yum! Thank you.

Any thoughts on making a slightly sweeter variation? They would be a perfect snack to give my toddler. Obviously would omit the thyme and rosemary, cut back on the salt…but what to add that wouldn’t mess with perfection? A little maple syrup in place of some of the water? Molasses? Hmm. Any feedback appreciated.

159 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 20, 2011

I’ve been thinking about a sweeter variation and I think I would add some dry sugar. I will have to try it out soon!

160 Sarah @ studiofood October 20, 2011

These look AMAZING! I have a strange obsession with crackers at the moment, and I’ve been eating a whole bunch of Ryvita! I have never tried making my own! Thanks Angela. :)

161 Sara October 20, 2011

These are AH-mazing!!! Thank you!

162 Sarah@inspirebeautiful.blogspot.com October 20, 2011

OMG these are SO amazing!!!!! I made one batch and then after pulling them out of oven, I whipped up a triple batch

163 Sonia October 23, 2011

Wow….. these crackers are fantastic! No need to buy gluten-freen crackers anymore, i’ll make them myself. Thank YOU!!!

164 Soledad October 23, 2011

oh, wow! I tried making these today and the crackers were SOOOO good! thank you very much for the recipe and it’s vegan, YES! in mine, I also added a little chili powder, extra garlic, oats in stead of almond flour—we have this lemon olive oil (Nudo) that really was good in the crackers, too! the whole thing was so fun and easy.

thanks!
~Soledad :D

165 Melissa October 24, 2011

My crackers are in the oven right now! Although… my dough was super crack-y (Is that a word?) It was awful crumbly which you said your dough was not. This is my first vegan baking attempt so I hope I didn’t mess it up.
thanks for all the inspiration.

166 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 24, 2011

Hmm that’s weird, I wonder why that happened? Maybe the almonds weren’t fine enough? What flour did you use?

167 Christie October 25, 2011

I made these tonight (using rye flour for the rice flour) and already have plans to make them again in a double batch. The flavor really deepened as they cooled– wow! I can’t wait to experiment with different herb and flour combinations.

168 Jo-Anne Smyth October 26, 2011

I would like to make Mary’s crackers. Did you post her recipe? I have tried so many ways to find this recipe. I loved your lunch ideas. I live near kitchener and will be going into town on the weekend to buy some more wonderful ingredients for my next week meal plan. I have made over 20 of your recipes. Love love love your site.
Jo-Anne

169 AmberP October 26, 2011

Do these turn out pretty crispy?

170 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 26, 2011

Hi Amber, It depends how long you bake them for. I would say mine were more chewy, but crisp along the edge

171 Brenda October 30, 2011

I think it’s wonderful that you want to horse back ride! I have 3 horses and have been riding (english) since i was 5! I have a 7 year old horse i’ve had since she was 1! I use to teach horse back riding/ including jumping = ) If you’re ever in the area ahaha i’ll make sure you can corss that of the list.

172 Brenda October 30, 2011

cross* and i adopted a 4 month old golden lab too from the humane society! Best investment EVER! She is my running companion and loyal till the end.

173 Red November 2, 2011

Hello Angela
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for this wonderful recipe. I made a batch and we loved them. I’ve written a two part blog about them with links back to your site and direct to your recipe.

And I feel your shock re: Halloween, we too got ready with lots of loot for the trick & treaters and had not one knock at the door apart from 2 little zombie children which were our nephew and niece…who were very cute little zombies it has to be said. But still..

Hope you stop by today or tomorrow to check out my results…
All the best
Red

174 lindsey December 15, 2011

would there be a huge difference if i used fresh thyme and rosemary instead of dried?

175 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2011

I think it would taste better? :)

176 Sophia July 26, 2012

Just wanted to say this recipe rocks! My son is gluten intolerant and he loves these crackers. The only change I would make is to turn the crackers over 5 minutes till done so the underside gets a baking as well.

Bless!

Sophia

177 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 26, 2012

Hey Sophia, Im so happy that you both enjoy the crackers! I like your idea of flipping the crackers too. :)

178 Gina August 14, 2012

Hi! I have a lot of almond flour around from all of the homemade almond milk I’ve been making. The recipe for the crackers sounds great and I can’t wait to try it. I have all of the ingredients on-hand except for brown rice flour. Do you think it would work to use all almond flour instead of two different flours?

Thank you!

179 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 14, 2012

I’m not sure Gina. Crackers can be temperamental at times so I’m hesitant to say yes, but let me know if you try it out.

180 Angela August 16, 2012

I made a double batch of these crackers last night – they were easy to make/roll out and they came out phenomenal :) Thank you for another great recipe!!

181 Becky August 24, 2012

Just made these.. So yummy! I used sesame oil and left out the nutritional yeast, but made an Italian herb batch and a spicy cumin batch. SOOO yummy! Thank you!

182 riah September 18, 2012

it looks healthy, but can i omit the yeast? or what can i substitute with the yeast? my diet is GLUTEN FREE AND YEAST FREE for medical reason. please respond, i wan to try cooking this ASAP. thank you.

183 David Lehenky September 30, 2012

Quinoa flour instead of brown rice flour?

-Thanks!
David

184 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2012

I cant see why not!

185 David Lehenky September 30, 2012

Thanks Angela. I think your blog is awesome!

186 Jaime October 22, 2012

I WILL be making these, but I have an unrelated question (okay, maybe a sort of related question). Where in the world did you get the ravioli cutter?! I have been looking for one just like it!

187 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 23, 2012

hmm I can’t quite remember it was so long ago! I think it was from a kitchen store.

188 bitt of raw October 25, 2012

I just made these, so good! I used almond flour since I happened to have it around. The dough is crumbly but I was able to roll it out well enough. I omitted the yeast since I can’t do yeast right now. Love the herbs in it. Thanks for a great gluten-free recipe!

189 Lisa November 11, 2012

I’ve been looking for a vegan cracker–thank you! I am also *oil free* though…do you think if I omit the 1/2 tsp. they will still turn out? Anything I could sub? Thanks.

190 ev November 13, 2012

Hi Angela, I came across the gluten free cracker recipe and am eager to try it for an event next week (2 guests have gluten allergy). Wondering if the nutritional yeast does anything to the texture or is it added solely for nutritional value?

191 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 14, 2012

Hi Ev, It’s added mostly for a touch of “cheese-like” flavour, but im sure it will work without it since it’s only 1 tbsp :)

192 ev November 14, 2012

Thanks Angela, will let you know how they turn out.

193 ev December 1, 2012

Well I tried them and they couldn’t be easier, healthier, tastier. I baked mine at a slightly lower temperature for longer. At 340 for about 45 min. And then I turned the oven off and left them to dry out for about an hour. I subbed lemon pepper for the rosemary and thyme just because that was the mood I was in. Delish and loved by my guests.

194 Jocelyn December 2, 2012

Made a double batch of these a few days ago for the first time and they were AMAZING! I had friends over that evening and they were gobbled up and everyone insisted I share the recipe :) Just put another batch in the oven today. SO, SO delicious! I will never buy store-bough crackers again. Thanks so much for sharing!

PS – I used organic white flour because that’s the only flour I had and they worked great! Going to try some with spelt flour when I get some next :)

195 Gabrielle December 9, 2012

Hey!

I just made these and WOW! They are so tasty, I honestly can’t believe it. I will never buy crackers at the store ever again. The recipe is so easy and quick to make. THANK YOU! :)

196 nazgul21 December 11, 2012

OMG! Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for in a gluten free cracker. Have to roll them a little flatter and bake longer (tried 21 mins, but will go up to 25 mins), but the flavor was excellent. Do you have any other flavoring ideas? Thanks!

197 Nicole January 16, 2013

My 4 year old daughter LOVED these! I made them with garbanzo bean flour and they turned out amazing! Thank you!

198 chris January 16, 2013

mmmm…the best crackers ever!! I changed the recipe a bit to suit what I had on hand and they came out so delicious. It was so simple and I thank you for the idea. Now on to carmelize some chickpeas…:)

199 Heidi February 1, 2013

These are super duper yummy!!! Next time I think I’d add a little more water so the dough will crack less at the edges when rolling them out, but man oh man are they tasty!! So much flavour and flaky crunch! Thank you!!

200 Libby March 4, 2013

These crackers are the bomb, and could not be easier! I did all the dry stuff in the food processor, and then just squished the wet stuff in with my hands, no parchment paper either, just a little oil on the pan. They are so tasty! Thank you!

201 Rachel March 13, 2013

I am making these right now and the 1/4 c water + 1/2 tsp oil isn’t enough to make the dough come together. Are these correct amounts or is there a typo?
Thanks!

202 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2013

Hi Rachel, yes that’s what I used – you can try adding a bit of water to make the dough come together. hope this helps!

203 Rachel March 13, 2013

I ended up doubling the water to 1/2 c and used 1 T oil and they turned out great. For seasoning, I used 1/2 t garlic salt & 1 1/2 t Mrs. Dash, original. So savory! I also subbed all-purpose gluten-free flour for the almond flour, so that’s probably why I had to add more moisture. Thanks!

204 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 14, 2013

Oh good Im so glad they turned out! Thanks for letting me know.

205 Pnina April 2, 2013

I had to change some of the ingredients due to what was in my pantry. I prayed, and Hooray they turned out delicious!!! My first gluten free baked project :) I used 1/4 cup sourgham flour, 1/8 cup teff flour, and 1/8 cup tapioca flour, 1.5 Tbsp black sesame seeds, 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp herbes de provence, and used chia seeds unground instead of flax seeds. Otherwise followed recipe. Thank you.

206 Dspun April 5, 2013

I place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and it is even easier to roll out thin. I then place the bottom sheet of paper with the crackers on them to a cookie sheet to bake. Everything goes quickly and is fairly mess free.

207 Tatiana April 9, 2013

Have you tried this with any other nut meals?

208 Alex April 10, 2013

Good crackers! I substituted garlic salt with onion powder and added fresh ground black pepper. And instead of rolling out one large ball (didn’t work for me) I rolled small balls and then placed them directly on the cookie sheet and then placed a small square of oiled parchment paper on top of each ball (one at a time) and then pressed the base of a glass on top to flatten each ball – I ended up with nice round, very thin crackers! My son loves them with sweet peach and pepper relish on top! I think 20 minutes is about right – 18 leaves the crackers a bit “uncrunchy”….

209 judy gross May 26, 2013

I tried the gluten free vegan crackers today, They taste delicious, but I had to eat them with a spoon out of a bowl ! Why did mine crumble apart? did I not knead them long enough? I’d love to have real crackers from this.
Thanks
Judy

210 judy gross May 26, 2013

OH no! I just re-read the recipe, I know what I did wrong – I should have had my glasses on to read! I used a 1/2 CUP of oil! (please don’t laugh) I’ll have to try again! – so embarrassing

211 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2013

Aw I’m so sorry to hear that Judy!!

212 Pauline June 26, 2013

Do you think I could cut these into cute shapes for my toddler? I want to try them today :)

213 Pauline June 26, 2013

Okay, I made these this evening and they are amazing!! Thank you SO much for sharing this recipe~ I can finally feel good about feeding my son crackers :)

214 Jessica B August 21, 2013

I’m wondering what flours I could use in place of almond. I have one daughter that’s gf and another that’s nf. Trying to find a “make one for all” is extremely difficult in our house.

215 mel October 4, 2013

Made these with LSA and fresh herbs because I had them, and coconut oil because I didn’t have olive oil… must make a double batch tomorrow because they will be gone by then!
Thanks for the recipe!

216 barbara October 14, 2013

am new to gluten free and miss crunchy. have tried acouple cracker recipes that were not bad, but still searching and tweaking…like the snap of brown rice so bought some flour just today and was googling forarecipe to try! thanks much!

217 Karren Haller October 23, 2013

Hi Angela, I found your blog on Pinterest when looking at this recipe, I wonder if you know the nutritional values, just the basics protein, carbs, fat? I so want to make these they look delicious!!

Thanks Karren

218 Ottlie November 4, 2013

Tried these yesterday with one of your hummas recipes….AAA-MAZING!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing! I am new into the clean eating world and your website has made it so easy! Thank you so much for sharing!

219 Elizabeth C November 9, 2013

I got tired of trying to find a low salt, low added oil gluten free cracker to go with my happy herbivore meal plan but OH! here they are! I made a batch today and they are just lovely! I am looking forward to enjoying them with my soups and all week long. Thank you so much for this!

220 Susan November 30, 2013

This is the first cracker recipe that I made that turned out well!! Very good!!

221 Nicole December 6, 2013

I didn’t have brown rice flour, so I used 1/4c buckwheat and 1/4c sweet white rice flour. It worked great! I ate mine with red pepper tapenade. Thanks for the recipe– it is so easy and so much better than store-bought crackers.

222 Terry January 8, 2014

I finally made these and holy cow are they a-ma-zing! i am going to eat the whole batch in one sitting! At first when i went to roll them out the dough totally stuck to my rolling pin and i thought “noooo! she lied!” but then i pressed it out a little and then rolled and it was perfect- no sticking crumbling mess that i normally get when i attempt the whole rolling thing. these will definitely be in my go-to rotation now that i’m making my own cheeses too. i need a good clean place to put them!

223 Aruna January 15, 2014

Hi, I don’t usually leave comments but WOW! I was in desperate need of a recipe for vegan GF crackers and I stumbled across your site. I tried it tonight and it’s delicious! I did make a few small changes: I used hemp seeds instead of sesame; I skipped the rosemary since I didn’t have any; and before baking I sprinkled sea salt on the rolled out dough. I’m now enjoying these crackers with some hummus. Delicious!! Thank you!!!

224 John March 3, 2014

Hi Angela I just found you a few days ago and I already made the Raw Almond Butter Cups which we loved and so easy to make they will always be in my freezer now. I just made the Easy Vegan & Gluten Free Crackers and again we loved them but I did not use the nutritional yeast and was wondering if it is a key ingredient or for another layer of flavor. I think mine came out very good they had a good texture and got crisp so I was not sure what i am missing without it. … But anyway I cant wait to try other recipes every thing looks so good and so many to choose from .. Thanks great stuff you have a new fan

225 Beth May 31, 2014

I just made a double recipe of these and they are quickly disappearing. So wonderful, so easy to make! I will be attempting different “flavors” of these in the future, too!

226 Talene June 8, 2014

Any chance the nutritional yeast can be left out? I am on a candida plan and yeast I have to avoid.

Thanks.

227 Amy July 11, 2014

I make these with all almond flour (leftover from making Almond Milk) to make it GAPS legal. It’s crazy but they are the perfect cure for my morning sickness. And I go liberal on the spices since I love rosemary and thyme. Thanks for the recipe.

228 Lorraine August 30, 2014

I have made these and they are great. I was wondering why you haven’t used an acid with the baking soda as many recipes say baking soda is best used with an acid like vinegar, lemon juice etc

I am going to try various gluten free flours, but these are brilliant. Thank you

229 Peter October 28, 2014

I substituted Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose gluten free flour for the rice flour because that is what I had, and I used lemon juice and baking soda, again, because that is what I had. I also added some fennel and salt on top and they are pretty darn good. Thanks!

230 Jackie Jardine November 4, 2014

Love the cracker recipe…just wanted to share my tip on rolling it out. I put the ball of dough directly on the baking sheet (or parchment) then cover with a large piece of saran wrap and roll out. No breaking of dough and no cleaning of rolling pin…win-win!

231 Mike December 7, 2014

Has anybody actually made these crackers ? All the comments say “they look great” “can’t wait to make them” .
I made them and the dough seemed a little dry. Has anybody changed the recipe wet ingredients ?

232 LauraEmmeline January 30, 2015

What a fab recipe, just to let you know, for sensitivity reasons, I swapped the brown rice flour for 2 tbs coconut flour, left out the garlic and baking powder, cooked for 21 minutes – super!

233 Teri W February 2, 2015

These were not bad at all. Hubby did NOT like them, but that’s normal. I used whole wheat pastry flour as I didn’t have the other. Only flour I have on hand now is buckwheat, wwp and ww. I’d make again. Thanks for the recipe.

234 Dominika March 25, 2015

I love these crackers!!! My favorite ones :-) will be making these on a regular basis. I received your cookbook yesterday and LOVE IT and I’m definitely not a vegan :-)

235 Dayna Colvin April 13, 2015

Hi Angela,
Thank you so very much for the wonderful helpful info and recipe tips you share here. I love all of it and I visit often and review often for more helpful info. The crackers sound great and very easy! I will keep you posted and let you know how it goes. I’d love to tweet with you…please follow me back…my username is @notperfume. :)

Much Love and Hugs,
Dayna

236 Midge April 29, 2015

I made these crackers for the first time yesterday, and it was super easy to make, and absolutely delicious! The only thing is I ended up adding more water since the dough was too dry. I will definitely be making these regularly!

237 Viv June 1, 2015

Hi. I love crackers and this one seems to be a very good homemade. Receipt. Now I am diabetic type 1 and allergic to gluten. So my diet is very no fat no sugar no gluten based. Could you please provide the nutritional information for those crackers please an if there is anything I should change to the receipt to make it ok for me. Thank you

238 Charzie June 27, 2015

Just what I was looking for, but I am going to try besan/oat flour since I have no rice flour! I do just fine with gluten, but need a switch! I thought I was the only one who bypassed those “rolling recipes” LOL! Thanks! Love all your recipes, you are a doll!

239 Stacey August 22, 2015

How long do these crackers last? Shelf life wise? 5 days?

240 JEWEL August 29, 2015

Those sound easy! And look yum. I love the word. rippy hehe

241 Beth September 27, 2015

Is the nutritional yeast essential to the recipe working? I am unable to eat it.

242 Loz October 27, 2015

made these with Teff and Amaranth flour as I didn’t have those two flours in and they have turned out great. Obviously different taste, but healthy and all I had to do was add slightly more water and baked them slightly longer.

I am going to experiment because GF Vegan crackers here in the UK are expensive and the healthy ones are very expensive and the less expensive ones, but still expensive are not healthy. Doing your own you know whats in them and its much cheaper, although cost of gas baking them may put up the costs but bang them in the oven when your already using the overn is my motto

Thanks brilliant recipe

243 Leslie November 2, 2015

Made these last night to go with our vegan taco salad. We were out of sesame seeds, so I substituted 1.5T chia seeds. Swapped out the rosemary & thyme for some ground cumin and a few shakes of dried oregano – delish! We don’t own a rolling pin any more since my husband was diagnosed with Celiac disease 4 years ago, so we used an empty, clean wine bottle a rubbed a bit of oil on the glass so the dough wouldn’t stick and it worked out really well. Thanks for the great cracker recipe. We’ll make these again!

244 Elaine November 23, 2015

Can you use almond meal instead of almond flour?
Thanks!

245 Katie December 12, 2015

I want to make these for a friend as part of my Christmas gift. How long do they keep?

246 Val February 25, 2016

Hello, your crackers are delicious. But…how to store them and for how long are the crackers edible?

247 Angela Liddon March 17, 2016

So happy you like the crackers, Val! I’d store them in an airtight container, and they should keep well for a few weeks. They would probably freeze well, too! :)

248 Susan Grodsky March 17, 2016

Do you have nutritional details for the crackers? TIA.

249 Angela Liddon March 18, 2016

Hi Susan, I haven’t calculated the nutritional info for the crackers – sorry! But, there are lots of great free online tools (such as NutritionData.com or CalorieCount.com) that can help you out. Just plug in the recipe information, and you’ll quickly receive a great breakdown of its nutritional details. Hope this helps!

250 BobsYourUncle May 4, 2016

These crackers were so NOT awesome. Firstly, 1/4 cup of water, really? I needed to add more. Secondly, the taste was fine but no salt taste, 1/2 tsp is not going to cut it for crackers. I baked for 20 mins and they did not have that crisp that crackers are known for. I’ll have to wreak it for awesomeness.

251 Margaret Ruskiewicz May 28, 2016

OMG these are soooooo amazing!! Even the aroma in my kitchen is mind blowing. I used black wild rice since I didn’t have any brown sitting around and made the powder in my Vitamix…which if you don’t have one you really are missing out on the next level of cuisine and health. I did bake my crackers 3 minutes longer and preferred the crispiness. Also, I doubled the batch since one batch filled only half my baking sheet. I never use parchment, just drizzle olive oil and evenly coat the pan. Since I don’t have a roller I used a nice beer drinking glass from Outerbike ha! Lastly since I only had a knife, I see-sawed it (dragging a knife tends to pull on any kind of batter) and the bites came out perfect.
Angela, I could never thank you enough for your amazing recipes. This is the only treatment I have for my severe IBS. I’ve had to give up all dairy, gluten, and the usual suspects, but I will not give up my lentils to the death of me. And, tomorrow I’ll be making a lentil olive dip to pair with these amazing crackers.

252 Angela Liddon May 31, 2016

Thank you for sharing, Margaret! And thanks for the kind words, too — I’m so glad to know you’ve been enjoying my recipes and have found them helpful. :)

253 Dominique Sanchez-York June 8, 2016

How long do these last/stay fresh?

254 Angela Liddon June 8, 2016

Hey Dominique, if you store them in an airtight container, they should keep well for a few weeks. They would probably freeze well, too! :)

255 Janis Good June 9, 2016

I love these crackers, I’ve tried other recipes and they just didn’t do it, but these did. I put some in the freezer to see how that would work, and you can take them from the freezer and just eat them. I just finished making a quadruple recipe using three different flours and it taste fantastic. Thank you so much for this recipe.

256 Selina June 23, 2016

I love this recipe now make them twice a week thanks for sharing😄

257 Dayna Colvin July 19, 2016

Thank you Angela for sharing this easy simple wonderful recipe. I recently discovered that I’m very gluten sensitive and I feel sick every time I eat it so I can’t eat crackers any more and I was trying to find something in the natural food store, nothing had good enough ingredients. I’m very relieved and thankful to find your lovely recipe. My family loves them and I’m very thankful and relieved that I now have a go to recipe. Thank you for caring and sharing. :-)

258 Angela Liddon July 20, 2016

Thanks so much for the heartfelt comment, Dayna. I’m so happy to hear a recipe of mine is helping to make managing your gluten sensitivity easier!

259 charlie August 10, 2016

Love these crackers….is it possible to get an idea of how many calories they contain?

260 Angela Liddon August 10, 2016

Hey Charlie, I’m afraid I don’t know offhand, but you can go to a free online tool like caloriecount.com and nutritiondata.com, plug in the recipe, and that nutritional info will be calculated for you. Hope this helps!