Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

IMG 3310 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

A Long Weekend Hangover (LWH): describes the sum of unpleasant physiological and psychological effects following a holiday long weekend, such as Thanksgiving. The LWH is especially hard to recover from if you were drinking red wine like juice, eating Pumpkin Pie Brownies like vegetables, and singing Moves Like Jagger 14 times during a 3 hour drive.

Hangover symptoms may persist for several days after pumpkin pie was last consumed. Scratchy Throat Syndrome (otherwise known as singing Moves Like Jagger 14 times), may require strange green drinks for relief.

IMG 2718 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

Repeat as necessary.

IMG 3270 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

The Long Weekend Hangover may also be present in animals, most notably the cantankerous feline species. Hibernation under dining room tables may result for up to 72 hours. Cat treats, when left on the chair but not hand fed, are encouraged if not essential for total recuperation. Do not disturb feline or Stink Eye may occur.

IMG 3262 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

For complete recovery from LWH, ingesting pumpkin first thing in the morning is necessary or withdrawal symptoms may persist.

Recommended Dosage: Pumpkin Gingerbread in smoothie form until symptoms dissipate or until the next long weekend, whichever comes first.

IMG 3316 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

IMG 3316 2 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

Prognosis…improved and likely to recover.

steph October 12, 2011

very cute post! super creative.

Amanda October 12, 2011

I had a serious case of LWH yesterday. haha

I just recently bought some molasses for a pumpkin spice cake (which my family promptly devoured) and have been looking for other ways to incorporate it. This smoothie sounds like a great use for it!

kathleen @ the daily crumb October 12, 2011

looks so yummy, angela! love the addition of gingerbread. a perfect fall recipe!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 12, 2011

Perfect fall drink!! I love the colour :)

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City October 12, 2011

wow such a cute kitty! i ate so much for Canadian thanksgiving this past weekend, i must clean up my act over the next few weeks! cutting sugar, upping the greens and water!

glad you had a nice long weekend. ps- that is one cute kitty!!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles October 12, 2011

Pumpkin AND gingerbread? I love it. I’ll definitely be pulling this out of my hat after Thanksgiving in the U.S.!

Amber K October 12, 2011

That looks delicious! And seriously, why do they play Moves Like Jagger seemingly every 15 seconds? ;)

Suzanne Williams October 12, 2011

Seriously can’t get that song out of my head and when I finally do, the radio plays it and starts the process all over again.
Looks delicious and is just perfect for fall. Great recipe!
Suzanne

Natalie October 12, 2011

Mmmmm can’t wait to try this one, where did you get your big straw? I find it very hard to drink my smoothies from a small stray but prefer a straw to just drinking from the cup.
Thanks

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011

It’s from Glass D’harma :)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite October 12, 2011

this combines the best of both worlds…fall (pumpkin) and winter (gingerbread)! Love it!

Heather (heathers dish) October 12, 2011

I’m 100% drooling…I need this ASAP!

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen October 12, 2011

This looks so delicious and healthy. I love the chia seeds!

bitt October 12, 2011

Are you still doing the no-gluten thing? If so you want to be sure to get gluten-free oats. Just saying because a there’s a lot of misinformation about there about oats being gluten-free, but unless they are certified, they can have gluten from cross-contamination. So be careful!

Destini October 12, 2011

This post made me chuckle! I also feel the LWH and this solution seems very desirable :)

Jess October 12, 2011

Mm I love pumpkin smoothies, especially with oats in them. This one sounds delicious!

Sarah@The Flying ONION October 12, 2011

Oh gosh. This looks so heavenly. :D

And I just read your post on Thanksgiving ideas. Talk about perfect timing, as I’m just starting to put together a menu. :D

AllieNic @ Frisky Lemon October 12, 2011

YUM. Is all I have to say to this.

I can’t wait to put pumpkin in my next smoothie! I’ve yet to have pumpkin ANYTHING this fall…the time has come…Thanks for sharing!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life October 12, 2011

Your kitty is so adorable! We can learn so much from watching cats relax, I think :).

Andrea @ Vegvacious October 12, 2011

Hahaha — I think I had a case of the LWH too! Usually my husband swears by the strangely sticky & sweet orange drink from McDonalds as his “cure all” (this stems back from some long ago college nights) but I’m thinking this smoothie would definitely be a better choice (for me anyways LOL)!

Alexis @ hummusapien October 12, 2011

I am OBSESSED with your pumpkin recipes! funny story…my friend just texted me saying she wanted to tell me about this one oh she glows butternut squash vegan mac and cheese recipe….little did she know I already made it last week :) DELISH

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011

LOL…too funny!! You don’t mess around, eh? ;)

I made a pumpkin version tonight and it was awesome. Next time I might try adding sage or cinnamon to it too.

Claire October 12, 2011

OOOOOH!! You just inspired me to make your squash vegan mac & cheeze this week using pumpkin instead of butternut squash, can’t wait!! I am also loving your recipes … I can’t have ANY kind of dairy because of allergies and love vegan recipes … I’m about 60% vegan I think. Thank you very much for sharing your story, very inspiring!!, and the FOOD!!! It’s hard to get my husband to like non-dairy food, but your blog has helped so much!! He absolutely loves the Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream … he couldn’t even tell it was vegan, that’s a feat unto itself!!! Thank you so much!!

I’m definitely going to try this smoothie tomorrow. Also, was wondering which green monster is in the picture above, it looks thicker than the other green monster recipes you’ve posted and was wondering what the recipe is because it looks delectable!! Please share.

Thanks!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011

:) Glad to hear that!!

I think I used less almond milk and protein powder. I will be posting about my protein powder that I use soon :) I just made a great pumpkin pudding with it!

Claire October 16, 2011

LOVED the pumpkin gingerbread smoothie (although it wasn’t nearly as vibrant and orange as yours looks, what’s your secret to making things look so yummy?!?!) … oh, and totally LOVE the pumpkin pie smoothie. I’m definitely going to try your green monster recipe soon, I’ve made others in the past and really haven’t enjoyed them, but I’m willing to take the leap!! ;)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie October 12, 2011

That looks amazing! I’m totally going to make this for Thanksgiving. My fam is huge with the pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice foods.

Ashleigh October 12, 2011

That smoothies looks so delicious! I must try immediately.

Vanessa October 12, 2011

wow i am making this first thing tomorrow morning. =)

Anastasia October 12, 2011

This looks so ridiculously delicious. I need to get to the farmer’s market to buy a pumpkin ASAP! I am going to try this tomorrow for breakfast :I am pretty sure the kids would go nuts over this.

Jenna October 12, 2011

That’s my breakfast just about every day since August :) Minus the oats and plus spinach!

What happened to something that starts with B and is crunchy??

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011

heh busted…well that pumpkin biscotti didn’t quite turn out! It held together fine and was good the night of, but it got soft by morning. I think the pumpkin had too much moisture in it…

Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life October 12, 2011

This sounds delicious and has almost all the same ingredients as the pumpkin bread I just baked! Yum! I can only imagine how good it tastes!

Jordan October 12, 2011

I have been reading your blog for a little while now (and I absolutely love it!!) seriously though, don’t tell anyone but your blog is definately my favorite. shhh.
This post literally made me laugh out loud! and that smoothie looks delicious. By the way, I made your basic cheese sauce the other day. ohhh myyy wooorddd. so good. you have brought cheezy goodness back into this lactose intolerant girls life. and I am eternally grateful.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011

Hey Jordan, I’m happy you enjoyed the sauce!! I think I’m making a pumpkin version tonight :) Mmm. Thanks for your kind words about the blog!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 12, 2011

This literally sounds like heaven!!

Beth October 12, 2011

Loved this post.
You know it was a good long weekend when even the cat is experiencing LWH ;)

Mara October 12, 2011

Yummm!!!! I am dreaming of making this first this tomorrow morning, hangover or no hangover! What is the crunch or topping you have in the photo????

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011

the topping is a failed pumpkin biscotti lol

Antonia October 12, 2011

This sounds and looks absolutely delicious. Will have to try it very soon!

Moni'sMeals October 12, 2011

great! I will make this today, and let you know. How could I not love it, just look at it. :)

laura October 12, 2011

You should open your own smoothie chain :) I’d be there everyday.

Stacey @ Here's to Life October 12, 2011

Fun post! Made me giggle…and I can’t wait to try that smoothie! Looks delicious.

Jaclyn T October 12, 2011

While the recipe is yummy, the Sketchy Stink Eye is tops!

–Jaclyn T
Nature Inspired Jewellery

jackie hatch! October 12, 2011

Sketchy is sooo cute!!!!!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 12, 2011

A drool-worthy smoothie Angela! Love the addition of spiciness from ginger :)

VeggieGirl October 12, 2011

hehe, so necessary sometimes the long weekend cure ;) that smoothie looks SO good!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 12, 2011

I just posted a what I called Caramel Maple Pumpkin Pie Smoothie yesterday. I’m glad I’m not the only one who likes to drink my pumpkin pie :)

Your smoothie looks fabulous. YUM!

TeenyLittleSuperChef October 12, 2011

Oh my gosh, I now have a serious hankering for a pumpkin smoothie. This sounds and looks so yummy. I love that you incorporated some oats into too. More like a bowl of oatmeal in smoothie form. I’ll definitely be making this one ASAP, especially since I just bought a huge stash of canned pumpkin from Costco yesterday! Orange skin, here I come :)
Thanks for another great recipe yet again

Page 2 of 4«1234»