Thanksgiving 2011

IMG 3160 thumb   Thanksgiving 2011

This was one of those rare Thanksgivings with picture perfect, summer-like weather. If I could bottle up any type of weather and have it year round it would have been this weekend’s: 25-26C, low humidity, blue skies, and gorgeous Fall colours. I could do 365 days of this, thankyouverymuch.

The only thing that could have made this weekend any better would be having my side of the family there too!

Let’s see, there were tees, tank tops, sandals, and Crocs. Pale skin became tickled pink again.

IMG 3064 thumb   Thanksgiving 2011

There were morning runs without watches or music. Wake ups to the sunrise cats and not the alarm.

No need for jackets and warm PJs unlike our visit two weekends ago.

Out came the dock and boat lift, although it felt like we should have been putting it in.

IMG 3025 thumb   Thanksgiving 2011

I made another Pumpkin Brownie Pie followed by a much needed weekend off from cooking and baking (but of course, not from eating!).

IMG 2727 thumb   Thanksgiving 2011

2-day computer cleanse. With only one brief relapse! Darn you, Pinterest.

I’m refreshed, but not quite ready to say goodbye…to this weekend…the weather…or my sanity.

IMG 3212 thumb   Thanksgiving 2011

Lastly, I hope you like horse teeth.

Page 4…last picture.

You will laugh…you may cry.

I’m going to go brush my teeth now.

Lisa Broadley October 11, 2011

OMG I loved all the pics!! I’m so mad that I couldn’t enjoy the great weather, I’ve been feeling sick :(
I made your roasted tomato pesto and it was AMAZING!! We’re going to make some more this weekend…how long do you think it will last in the freeezer?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011

My guess is that it would last a week in the fridge….and you could probably freeze it too.

Feel better soon!

Ellie@fitforthesoul October 11, 2011

isn’t that recipe amazing?!! I loved it when I made it several weeks back! :D And Angela, Canada is such a beautiful gorgeous place~~Never been there! But it’s certainly pretty from what I see here, especially during the Fall….Is that really your fave place to live at? :)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 11, 2011

Amazing pics! Happt Thanks Giving!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove October 11, 2011

Those horse teeth crack me up! Haha!

LizAshlee October 11, 2011

What beautiful photos!! I love all the fall colors…happy to hear you enjoyed a happy celebration! :)

Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com October 11, 2011

I’m in love with Benny!! I just want to give him snuggles… :)

This weather has been GLORIOUS!! I could handle this for the rest of winter too…although in Minnesota, that’s not going to happen! *sob*

char @ char on a mission October 11, 2011

I love the slideshow of the pics on the blog – what a great little thing to have!!! I absolutely LOVED this weather this weekend too. It definitely felt odd running in shorts and a tank top yesterday though. I will take it as long as I can before Ontario becomes cold :(

VeggieGirl October 11, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Ashley October 11, 2011

Fall colors are quite amazing. Your photos look great, especially that last one! :) Glad you had a great weekend!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh October 11, 2011

Looks like you had a great holiday! Great horse teeth! They remind me of those fake Halloween teeth you can get at the store. HA!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 11, 2011

When do all of the leaves fall off in Canada? Here in NYC, it’s the thirdish week of Nov.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011

They have already started falling a ton. I’d say most will be gone in another week. So sad!

Amy @ The Whole Sweet Scoop October 11, 2011

Perfection. It is so beautiful up there!

Mikki October 11, 2011

OH NO! You have been sucked into Pinterest too?! dangerous. Glad you had a super Thanksgiving long weekend, it was lovely here too!

Sarah with Veggie Kids October 11, 2011

Such beautiful pictures! You make me miss home (midwestern part of US)! I’m in California where the season changes are not very dramatic…not that I should complain as it’s always lovely here. That pumpkin brownie pie looks amazing!

Moni'sMeals October 11, 2011

I love this! You are so special and what fantastic photos. :)

I love the colors and that Fall feeling that I now have because of you. :)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life October 11, 2011

I love awkward horse grins. They are so cute! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Amber K October 11, 2011

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a horse smile before. :)

Sounds like a great weekend! So glad the weather was nice.

Heather October 11, 2011

Your pictures are stunning! Kudos to you for taking some time off. You deserve it.That horse picture is hysterical. What an AWESOME shot you got!

Heather October 11, 2011

I laughed before I even blew up the horse teeth picture hehe. I volunteered at a horse rescue ranch and those animals have so much heart :-) Do you ride? It’s been way too long for me but the weather here in PA is calling for it! Pumpking EVERYTHING: http://barefootcrafts.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/pumpkin-ravioli/ You should vegan-ize this…just sayin :-)
-Heather

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011

hehe :) I don’t ride but I want to learn so badly!

Michaela October 11, 2011

happy to hear you had such a great time!
that shot is hilarious :D def made me laugh.

Diane October 11, 2011

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I saw a picture of a wonderful looking biscotti on your page today while looking through older posts – do you by chance have a recipe? I couldn’t find it. I would be interested in any biscotti recipes, I would love to be able to make my own!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011

It’s funny you mention that because I’ve been meaning to make biscotti for a while now. I will have to see if I can whip something up!

suzanne October 11, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Angela – so glad you took some time off – so important to allow that for yourself from time to time :-)
I was fortunate to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving over the weekend too – we have done this a few times with friends who live on a gorgeous farm in Ontario. I was thinking of you as you are one of three Canadians I ‘know’ (the others I know in real life :-)). I was with all carnivores and made a basic quinoa and bean dish for my family but my friends sister made a phenomenal sweet potato, butternut squash and bean dish – ooh – I need to try to make it.
What a beautiful weekend for it this year – and your photos are a perfect deomonstration of that!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011

I’m glad you had a great weekend Suzanne! Sounds like you had a delicious feast. :)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite October 11, 2011

so fun! i love Thanksgiving, but still have to wait another 6 weeks until we have it here in the States. My godmother is Canadian and we used to always celebrate Thanksgiving with her when she lived close by :) I loved getting to have 2 Thanksgivings!

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner October 11, 2011

AH! AMAZING weather this weekend.. so glad you enjoyed it with family. We are definitely being spoiled with this eh.. I am not complaining though… loving every minute of it!!

Becky October 11, 2011

You’ve got me REALLY looking forward to Thanksgiving in the U.S.! :) Oh, and I second the “Darn you, Pinterest” comment – totally addictive!

Caileigh October 11, 2011

I feel like I’m the only Canadian who was disappointed with this weekends weather! I wanted a traditional thanksgiving – curled up in a wool sweater surrounded by fallen leaves. I’m sure I’ll regret saying that once it actually gets colder though!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011

A small part of me DID miss that cozy feeling too! I know what you mean.

Darian @living and loving to sweat October 11, 2011

Your pictures are so beautiful!! Now that I live in LA I don’t get to see pretty fall colors anymore and it is one of the things that I miss the most. Thanks for bringing the fall to me :)

Katrina October 11, 2011

It’s been a great Thanksgiving for sure! Glad you had one too!

Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf October 12, 2011

Mmm. Your weekend looks so relaxing. I could use some time out of doors.

Sienna October 12, 2011

I absolutely love your blog! I am visiting the states from Trinidad and I wanted to ask what food items you would reccomend bringing back with me to Trinidad? What staples you would suggest having on hand?

Thanks,
Sienna

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2011

chia seeds and nutritional yeast :)

Elizabeth October 13, 2011

I made the brownie pumpkin masterpiece last night and I have to say this may be the best thing I’ve ever tasted. It was easy to make and delicious. I’m going to double the pumpkin topping next time because it was so good! Thanks for a great dessert recipe, Angela.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2011

So glad you enjoyed it Elizabeth!

Addy October 13, 2011

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving- I’m so jealous of all your fall colors up there! So beautiful! Where are/were you? It looks so peaceful and pastoral…

Page 2 of 2«12