Thanksgiving 2011

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 10, 2011

IMG_3160

This was one of those rare Thanksgivings with picture perfect, summer-like weather. If I could bottle up any type of weather and have it year round it would have been this weekend’s: 25-26C, low humidity, blue skies, and gorgeous Fall colours. I could do 365 days of this, thankyouverymuch.

The only thing that could have made this weekend any better would be having my side of the family there too!

Let’s see, there were tees, tank tops, sandals, and Crocs. Pale skin became tickled pink again.

IMG_3064

There were morning runs without watches or music. Wake ups to the sunrise cats and not the alarm.

No need for jackets and warm PJs unlike our visit two weekends ago.

Out came the dock and boat lift, although it felt like we should have been putting it in.

IMG_3025

I made another Pumpkin Brownie Pie followed by a much needed weekend off from cooking and baking (but of course, not from eating!).

IMG_2727

2-day computer cleanse. With only one brief relapse! Darn you, Pinterest.

I’m refreshed, but not quite ready to say goodbye…to this weekend…the weather…or my sanity.

IMG_3212

Lastly, I hope you like horse teeth.

Page 4…last picture.

You will laugh…you may cry.

I’m going to go brush my teeth now.

Brenna October 10, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are just about to have our dinner here in B.C., and I could not be more excited for stuffing!

Your weather was much nicer than ours- 10 C and cloudy! Oh well!

Brenna :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 10, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Brenna!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 10, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Oh the pics are fabulous!

Looks like you had an awesome holiday with the family. And that Pumpkin Brownie Pie…I really really want that!

And I’m happy for you that you had a weekend off from cooking, baking, photographing it all, recipe trials, and kitchen time. We all need that. I just got done with a 4 hour cook + photograph session so can relate.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 10, 2011 at 6:03 pm

That picture is too funny! Great shot. :)

I’m making that pumpkin brownie for US Thanksgiving this year. I’ve been eyeing it since you did it LAST fall.

Melissa October 10, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Great pics! I can’t wait to make the pumpkin brownie again this year… It’s one of the best things I’ve ever made/eaten!

Christie October 10, 2011 at 6:08 pm

What a wonderful weekend! Pinterest is so addictive though, isn’t it!

Haha that photo of the horse is hilarious – it’s teeth, ew!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I wish we celebrated Thanksgiving in New Zealand, it always sounds so wonderful :)

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco October 10, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Beautiful pictures, as usual. Happy Thanksgiving!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 10, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Great pics :)

Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life October 10, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I’m glad you had a good computer detox!

That horse picture is hysterical!!! Seriously made me laugh hard!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm

LOL at those teeth… and eww at the same time!! :) It looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving Ange, and I agree about the weather – how perfect!! I also went for a morning run and it felt awesome. Great photos as always – Benny is one very cute dog!

[email protected] KatieDid October 10, 2011 at 6:42 pm

What a perfect weekend. Its so good to disconnect fully once in a while and live completely in the moment with family and friends. That picture-omggg too funny (and gross!).

[email protected] October 10, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Glad you had a great weekend! It was 82*F here. CRAZY for October!!

Tanya @ Vegan Faith October 10, 2011 at 7:03 pm

You take the most beautiful photos! I can’t believe how gorgeous it is there!

linda October 10, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Happy thanksgiving! A beautiful weekend indeed. I took full advantage of it, and yes the weather should be like this all year long, but then, this wouldn’t be Canada would it? ;)

Jacqueline October 10, 2011 at 7:28 pm

What would it take for you to just make me the pie and send it to my house?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 7:28 am

insulated bubble wrap? ;)

Brenda October 10, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I made the brownie pumpkin pie and it was a hit !!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 7:28 am

Glad to hear that brenda!

Tara October 11, 2011 at 8:13 am

I did, as well! Everyone loved it, particularly the carnivores :D

Ashley October 10, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Looks like a beautiful time! That pie sounds incredible– may have to add it to my Thanksgiving menu!

tweal October 10, 2011 at 7:35 pm

What a lovely weekend it was. I could live with this weather all the time too. And your pumpkin brownie pie sounds so good, I’m sure I could eat it every day. I will have to try making it soon.

sarah October 10, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Ha , that’s so funny! We just drove by some of those very same spots you did today. We took the family to Springridge farm, right along the escarpment–totally beautiful weekend! The pictures of my kids holding pumpkins in shorts and tank tops looks so strange!
Looks like you took full advantage of the weather…

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 7:27 am

So many people were out driving and taking pics! It was pretty fun :)

JenATX October 10, 2011 at 7:40 pm

so funny that you long for summer weather for Thanksgiving and all I want is crisp, fall weather on Thanksgiving (down here in Texas). Cooler weather makes pie more appealing :)

bitt October 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm

some of those horse pictures are so perfectly composed, you have great talent. glad you could enjoy your time off. i love sunny fall weather too.

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy October 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Fabulous pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Alyssa (Down To Earth) October 10, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Stunning photos. That country land looks like a little bit of heaven.

Heather (heathers dish) October 10, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I can’t wait til thanksgiving here…such a wonderful time with family :)

Keri October 10, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Your Thanksgiving looks perfectly peaceful, beautiful, and joyful. What yummy moments you have captured and shared. Thanks for taking us with you!

Hayley. (@healthyhayley) October 10, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Angela!! Yes the weather was beautiful today!! It said 27*C on the thermometer in Scarborough at the family Thanksgiving.

Noelle (@singerinkitchen) October 10, 2011 at 9:07 pm

hahahaha, I knew it had to be a funny horse pic. hilarious! Looks like you had a spectacular time!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! October 10, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Beautiful pics Ange! Looks like a wonderful, fun filled weekend!!!

[email protected] Isn't Happy October 10, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I was in a wedding over the weekend and the weather was beautiful! I wish it would last all winter!

Julia H. @ The Petite Spiel October 10, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Beautiful beautiful photos! I love Thanksgiving…too bad I have to wait another month & a half to celebrate it here in the US, because this post is making me want some pie!

Amanda October 10, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Angela! We celebrated this weekend with way too much food, as usual, but that means leftovers! :)

[email protected] ladolcevitavegan.wordpress.com October 10, 2011 at 10:40 pm

The pie looks amazing and your pictures are beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!

Danielle October 10, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Love the pictures of the changing leaves! It makes me wish I lived somewhere where I was surrounded by all the Fall colors!
Horses have to be some of the most beautiful creatures…

Eat Hike Sleep Repeat October 10, 2011 at 11:11 pm

The horse teeth are hysterical : )
Made your lentil loaf for dinner last night and loved it. It tastes just like stuffing! And who doesn’t just want to eat stuffing and mashed potatoes for dinner? Thanks for a great recipe. It will get a repeat make at Christmas.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 7:26 am

I’m happy to hear that! Maybe I could make a stuffing recipe based on that loaf?

Jaclyn T October 10, 2011 at 11:20 pm

It’s been lovely in NB as well this weekend. Wearing shorts on Thanksgiving? I’ll take it!

–Jaclyn T
Nature Inspired Jewellery

Shannon October 10, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! I made my first Green Monster today (having just discovered your site less then a week ago,) thanks for giving it a name that will make my 2.5 yr old drink it…. Genius! I added beet greens to the virgin recipe. My husband had good energy for his run! Looking forward to the creamy avo pasta tomorrow. Thanks again! Cheers!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 7:29 am

Hey Shannon, I’m happy you like the green monster! Enjoy the pasta :)

Christine October 11, 2011 at 12:13 am

Happy Thanksgiving! I made your ultimate lentil walnut loaf to take to our family dinner and had a wonderful vegan Thanksgiving meal, thanks to your recipe! Next up… I’m going to make the pumpkin brownie, just because. I’m glad you had a wonderful weekend.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 7:26 am

Glad you enjoyed it Christine!

Kris | iheartwellness.com October 11, 2011 at 12:47 am

What a gorgeous Thanksgiving!! Wasn’t it the best weather this year? We had amazing sunshine and warmth on Sunday when we had our big family meal and it almost seemed too good to be true!! I could live like that for 365 as well…sigh…now its just down hill from here ;)

xxoo

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 11, 2011 at 6:53 am

It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! It’s so nice just to take a break from everything and just enjoy time with the family. :)

Your shots of the countryside are gorgeous. I went on a hike up the escarpment at Mount Nemo this weekend and it was beautiful. It’s too bad the colours never last that long!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit October 11, 2011 at 6:58 am

Sounds (and looks) like you guys had a great weekend. It was gorgeous here in Alberta too, but definitely not as warm!

GlowingBIL October 11, 2011 at 7:52 am

Spin the niece is one of my favourite games :)

Lisa Broadley October 11, 2011 at 8:02 am

OMG I loved all the pics!! I’m so mad that I couldn’t enjoy the great weather, I’ve been feeling sick :(
I made your roasted tomato pesto and it was AMAZING!! We’re going to make some more this weekend…how long do you think it will last in the freeezer?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 8:46 am

My guess is that it would last a week in the fridge….and you could probably freeze it too.

Feel better soon!

[email protected] October 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm

isn’t that recipe amazing?!! I loved it when I made it several weeks back! :D And Angela, Canada is such a beautiful gorgeous place~~Never been there! But it’s certainly pretty from what I see here, especially during the Fall….Is that really your fave place to live at? :)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 11, 2011 at 8:08 am

Amazing pics! Happt Thanks Giving!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove October 11, 2011 at 8:11 am

Those horse teeth crack me up! Haha!

LizAshlee October 11, 2011 at 8:16 am

What beautiful photos!! I love all the fall colors…happy to hear you enjoyed a happy celebration! :)

Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com October 11, 2011 at 8:54 am

I’m in love with Benny!! I just want to give him snuggles… :)

This weather has been GLORIOUS!! I could handle this for the rest of winter too…although in Minnesota, that’s not going to happen! *sob*

char @ char on a mission October 11, 2011 at 9:23 am

I love the slideshow of the pics on the blog – what a great little thing to have!!! I absolutely LOVED this weather this weekend too. It definitely felt odd running in shorts and a tank top yesterday though. I will take it as long as I can before Ontario becomes cold :(

VeggieGirl October 11, 2011 at 9:26 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Ashley October 11, 2011 at 9:39 am

Fall colors are quite amazing. Your photos look great, especially that last one! :) Glad you had a great weekend!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh October 11, 2011 at 9:40 am

Looks like you had a great holiday! Great horse teeth! They remind me of those fake Halloween teeth you can get at the store. HA!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 11, 2011 at 9:56 am

When do all of the leaves fall off in Canada? Here in NYC, it’s the thirdish week of Nov.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm

They have already started falling a ton. I’d say most will be gone in another week. So sad!

Amy @ The Whole Sweet Scoop October 11, 2011 at 10:05 am

Perfection. It is so beautiful up there!

Mikki October 11, 2011 at 10:20 am

OH NO! You have been sucked into Pinterest too?! dangerous. Glad you had a super Thanksgiving long weekend, it was lovely here too!

Sarah with Veggie Kids October 11, 2011 at 10:51 am

Such beautiful pictures! You make me miss home (midwestern part of US)! I’m in California where the season changes are not very dramatic…not that I should complain as it’s always lovely here. That pumpkin brownie pie looks amazing!

Moni'sMeals October 11, 2011 at 11:38 am

I love this! You are so special and what fantastic photos. :)

I love the colors and that Fall feeling that I now have because of you. :)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life October 11, 2011 at 11:54 am

I love awkward horse grins. They are so cute! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Amber K October 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a horse smile before. :)

Sounds like a great weekend! So glad the weather was nice.

Heather October 11, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Your pictures are stunning! Kudos to you for taking some time off. You deserve it.That horse picture is hysterical. What an AWESOME shot you got!

Heather October 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I laughed before I even blew up the horse teeth picture hehe. I volunteered at a horse rescue ranch and those animals have so much heart :-) Do you ride? It’s been way too long for me but the weather here in PA is calling for it! Pumpking EVERYTHING: http://barefootcrafts.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/pumpkin-ravioli/ You should vegan-ize this…just sayin :-)
-Heather

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 4:16 pm

hehe :) I don’t ride but I want to learn so badly!

Michaela October 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm

happy to hear you had such a great time!
that shot is hilarious :D def made me laugh.

Diane October 11, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I saw a picture of a wonderful looking biscotti on your page today while looking through older posts – do you by chance have a recipe? I couldn’t find it. I would be interested in any biscotti recipes, I would love to be able to make my own!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 4:21 pm

It’s funny you mention that because I’ve been meaning to make biscotti for a while now. I will have to see if I can whip something up!

suzanne October 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Angela – so glad you took some time off – so important to allow that for yourself from time to time :-)
I was fortunate to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving over the weekend too – we have done this a few times with friends who live on a gorgeous farm in Ontario. I was thinking of you as you are one of three Canadians I ‘know’ (the others I know in real life :-)). I was with all carnivores and made a basic quinoa and bean dish for my family but my friends sister made a phenomenal sweet potato, butternut squash and bean dish – ooh – I need to try to make it.
What a beautiful weekend for it this year – and your photos are a perfect deomonstration of that!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I’m glad you had a great weekend Suzanne! Sounds like you had a delicious feast. :)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite October 11, 2011 at 1:57 pm

so fun! i love Thanksgiving, but still have to wait another 6 weeks until we have it here in the States. My godmother is Canadian and we used to always celebrate Thanksgiving with her when she lived close by :) I loved getting to have 2 Thanksgivings!

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner October 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm

AH! AMAZING weather this weekend.. so glad you enjoyed it with family. We are definitely being spoiled with this eh.. I am not complaining though… loving every minute of it!!

Becky October 11, 2011 at 3:47 pm

You’ve got me REALLY looking forward to Thanksgiving in the U.S.! :) Oh, and I second the “Darn you, Pinterest” comment – totally addictive!

Caileigh October 11, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I feel like I’m the only Canadian who was disappointed with this weekends weather! I wanted a traditional thanksgiving – curled up in a wool sweater surrounded by fallen leaves. I’m sure I’ll regret saying that once it actually gets colder though!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 11, 2011 at 10:29 pm

A small part of me DID miss that cozy feeling too! I know what you mean.

Darian @living and loving to sweat October 11, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Your pictures are so beautiful!! Now that I live in LA I don’t get to see pretty fall colors anymore and it is one of the things that I miss the most. Thanks for bringing the fall to me :)

Katrina October 11, 2011 at 8:30 pm

It’s been a great Thanksgiving for sure! Glad you had one too!

Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf October 12, 2011 at 9:27 am

Mmm. Your weekend looks so relaxing. I could use some time out of doors.

Sienna October 12, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I absolutely love your blog! I am visiting the states from Trinidad and I wanted to ask what food items you would reccomend bringing back with me to Trinidad? What staples you would suggest having on hand?

Thanks,
Sienna

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2011 at 10:35 am

chia seeds and nutritional yeast :)

Elizabeth October 13, 2011 at 10:29 am

I made the brownie pumpkin masterpiece last night and I have to say this may be the best thing I’ve ever tasted. It was easy to make and delicious. I’m going to double the pumpkin topping next time because it was so good! Thanks for a great dessert recipe, Angela.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2011 at 10:36 am

So glad you enjoyed it Elizabeth!

Addy October 13, 2011 at 12:51 pm

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving- I’m so jealous of all your fall colors up there! So beautiful! Where are/were you? It looks so peaceful and pastoral…