Next up, on our Honeymoon tour: Athens, Greece!
Missed Stop 1? Venice
Fun facts about Athens:
- Athens is the largest city & capital of Greece
- It’s one of the world’s oldest cities
- Population: approximately 3,932,756
- First modern Olympic Games were held in Athens in 1896
- Birthplace of many prominent writers, philosophers, politicians and scientists of the ancient world, including Sophocles, Socrates and Pericles.
And it’s smokin’ hot!
It reached a high of 38 degrees Celsius the day we were there. Eric and I were sweating buckets while climbing the Acropolis and Filopappos hill. We finally reached the top of the Acropolis and discovered there was no water to be found, just a lot of thirsty tourists! If you ever find yourself climbing this, bring more than 1 bottle of water… ;)
There are about 150,000 stray dogs living on the streets in Athens. I wanted to take all of them home…
After our climbs, we headed to the Plaka shopping area where there are a lot of tourist/market type shops and high end shopping too.
You can view the rest of the pictures in the gallery below:
Feel Good Tea Giveaway!
The lovely makers of Feel Good Tea are giving away 10 (50g bags) of their best-selling loose leaf teas to one lucky winner.
The flavours included in this prize pack are…
- FeelGood Chai (Black)
- Black Celebration (Black)
- Toasted Walnut (Green)
- Strawberry Love (Green)
- Banana Bread (Herbal)
- Orange Blossom Oolong (Oolong)
- Chocolate Banana (Rooibos)
- Carnival (Rooibos)
- Heavenly Blend (White)
- White Bouquet (White)
To enter: Please leave a comment below and you’ll be entered for the random draw on Monday! Goodluck!