Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

I want to be a Goddess.

IMG 9561 3 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Or even better, a glowing Goddess.

Meow.

However, I don’t always feel like a Goddess in my day to day life.

IMG 9516 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Being a baker & food blogger covered in syrup, flour, and who knows what else on a daily basis isn’t exactly Goddess material. Neither is my worn apron with oats stuck to it, my lunch lady hair net, or my flustered red face when baking Glo Bars in the summer heat. And if you think I actually bake in heels, I’m sorry, I really am.

It’s frump town over here most days.

Frump.

Town.

Though when I do get dressed up for a special event, it’s extra special. This weekend I’ll be dressed to the nine’s for my brother-in-law’s wedding, complete with sparkly jewelry, an evening clutch, heels, and a cocktail dress. And if I’m lucky, a cocktail in my hand.

Berry lipgloss…much to Eric’s chagrin.

Shimmery eye shadow, black eye liner, and mascara.

I guess I better find that cocktail dress…

Sometimes, though, feeling like a Goddess comes from within. [OK, I might sound like a certain women’s shaving commercial at this point, but go with it.] Sometimes a workout makes me feel like a Goddess. I rocked out a 60 minute spin class this morning and I left dripping in sweat and beet red in the face. Total Goddess.

And often, FOOD makes me feel like a Goddess! That’s the best. Eating a vegan diet makes me feel like a Goddess. No matter what things in my life are going on that make me feel the opposite of a Goddess, sometimes all I need is one rockin’ recipe to give me a kick to my step.

This is that recipe.

IMG 9569 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Have you heard of the famous Green Goddess Dressing which is thought to hail from the Palace Hotel in San Francisco? It’s a pretty big deal. I finally decided that I would make a vegan version, cuz you know, the original has 3 cups of MAYO in it.

I don’t know who equated mayonnaise and feeling like a Goddess, but it must have been a man.

Ladies, this one is for you.

IMG 9510 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

IMG 9524 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Finger-licking good.

IMG 9501 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

The avocado replaced the mayo in this recipe VERY well. Love avocado as a mayo replacer! This dressing would also be amazing poured over my Protein Powder Goddess Bowl. I will be trying that tonight!

IMG 9512 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

I also won’t tell you how much I ate yesterday. That would be embarrassing…

IMG 9555 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Let’s just say I felt like a Goddess for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

IMG 9567 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

P.S.- I had so much fun chatting with you on facebook yesterday! I’m pretty sure my productivity went down about 5 hours, but who’s counting? It’s so fun to get to know you guys on a more interactive level and see your lovely faces.

If you’re looking for me you can find me on Facebook asking random questions, gushing about food, posting pics, and rambling on about body image epiphanies.

Emilie August 5, 2011

Definitely going to make this over the weekend! Enjoy yours!

Christine (The Raw Project) August 5, 2011

This sounds wonderful! Wonder if hemp seeds and tahini could work in place of the avocado, hmmmm….

Tarah August 5, 2011

Love the recipe! But the Facebook link did not work.

Error: 404 Page Not Found/

Marianne August 5, 2011

The only green goddess dressing I’ve tried is the one made by Annie’s (I think?), and I wasn’t a huge fan. Not sure what it was about it that didn’t work for me, but it was only meh. I like that you’ve done an avocado base, because let’s be honest, avocados make everything better! Might need to give this one a whirl (bad pun).

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com August 5, 2011

3 cups of mayo?!? Haha, i love your sense of humor about men! Thanks for this recipe. Love me some avocado :)

Molly @ RDexposed August 5, 2011

Avocado? Yes please!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 5, 2011

Haha I definitely wouldn’t feel like a goddess after eating a dressing made with 3 cups of mayo either. Your version sounds much more appealing! I can’t wait to give it a try.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 5, 2011

This looks incredible. It’s getting bookmarked immediately!

Wendy Irene August 5, 2011

I can’t wait to try this! I had to laugh at this post because it is totally Frump town at my house too…so you are not alone :) In fact, I like it that way. Have a great weekend!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner August 6, 2011

YUM!

Rebecca August 6, 2011

Just when I thought your tahini avocado dressing was THE BEST, you come along with a new fab recipe. This may just give your avocado tahini dressing a run for its salad money! The competition is on! Ohsheglows wins every time of course :) MERCI BEAUCOUP can’t wait to try! Bisous, Goddess in Paris

suzanne August 6, 2011

this sounds wonderful – what would you use it with other than the protein bowl? I am really just learning what goes with what and am looking for good potato/pasta salad dressings that are different and healthy – would this work?
You are a kitchen inspiration!

Nicole @ giraffelegs August 6, 2011

hahaha I laughed so hard during this post!! You are anything but frump town angela!!!! Please show us your wedding outfit when you can =)

DORIS @vanillacocoberry August 6, 2011

aaaah I already liked you on facebook (of course!)

But how can I make my picture appear on the side of my comment? help!

Bindi August 7, 2011

Looks terrific and I can’t wait to try it!

Kristen August 8, 2011

I can’t wait to try this! Bet it would be delicious on sandwiches with grilled summer veggies, yum!!!

Laura August 10, 2011

I tried it tonight with arugula, strawberries, sprouts and sunflower seed salad. My sister loved it but I was a little “meh”. I think I need to increase the agave. Would love more suggestions about what to have it with.

Anna Marie August 15, 2011

I just came across your blog and it’s great! I already tried a few recipes and they are yummy. I’ve tried the VOO and this green goddess dressing. My five year old daughter just loved it and wanted a salad “right now”. I’m thinking about using limes and cilantro (instead of the lemon and basil) and have a Mexi-Cali Salad with grilled corn, jicama, black beans, etc.

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 15, 2011

aww so glad your daughter enjoyed it! Great ideas about the modifications too :)

Sarah August 16, 2011

Limes and cilantro is a great idea! This would be so delicious in a Mexican-style wrap or as a dip for hot spicy tortilla chips too.

Anna Marie August 15, 2011

Oooh. Another thought – great dip for grilled artichokes? I’ll find out tonight!

Sarah August 16, 2011

I tried this tonight and it’s delicious! I didn’t have any basil so I added a tablespoon of pesto instead. I used honey as a sweetener (but only a tiny bit). My fiance went crazy for this as a dip. Thanks!!

Isabelle April 18, 2012

LOOOOL “I don’t know who equated mayonnaise and feeling like a Goddess, but it must have been a man” >>> love this !!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 18, 2012

haha ;)

Amy May 22, 2012

I made this other day with the tahini. Thank you for the suggestion, as I do not like avocado. Even my husband said This is outrageous! I plan to keep it on hand at all times. Yum!

Dawn January 11, 2013

I’m making this today! I want to use this on the weekend glow kale salad!! I think I might try throwing a few mint leaves in this. Thank you for posting amazing recipes that keep me healthy and satisfied.

Henry March 31, 2013

I’ve made this Vegan Green Goddess recipe a number of times and love it. I find myself craving it at times,so thank you. It goes great with black bean falafels and black bean burgers as well.

Cayra May 7, 2013

This is great on my zucchini pasta salad!! Thanks so much

Michelle June 12, 2013

This dressing is amazing! I just made it last night and my hubby was raving over how delicious it was! I couldn’t finish all of my kale/chard salad so I put it in the fridge and the greens still stayed fresh overnight in the fridge with the dressing on it! AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing!

Dolores Little June 17, 2013

Just made this for dinner tonight. Step 3 is a must! Since there are only 2 people in my house, I halfed the recipe and threw everything into the VitaMix – perfect.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Linda July 9, 2013

I just went vegan 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it! I don’t miss meat/daily at all…especially when there are sites like yours that post some wonderful recipes….thanks :)

Kim G July 22, 2013

Just made this and am enjoying it over a salad right now as I type this. THIS. IS. SO. GOOD. !!!!!!!! I love tangy kick, so I just dumped it all in the food processor and went for it. Haha!

Shannon September 18, 2013

I made this recipe and loved it so much it’s now a staple in my fridge…sooooo goooood!!

Serita Rivera November 7, 2013

Made this today, and it was AWESOME!!! I could eat it straight from the jar.

Page 3 of 3«123