Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

I want to be a Goddess.

IMG 9561 3 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Or even better, a glowing Goddess.

Meow.

However, I don’t always feel like a Goddess in my day to day life.

IMG 9516 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Being a baker & food blogger covered in syrup, flour, and who knows what else on a daily basis isn’t exactly Goddess material. Neither is my worn apron with oats stuck to it, my lunch lady hair net, or my flustered red face when baking Glo Bars in the summer heat. And if you think I actually bake in heels, I’m sorry, I really am.

It’s frump town over here most days.

Frump.

Town.

Though when I do get dressed up for a special event, it’s extra special. This weekend I’ll be dressed to the nine’s for my brother-in-law’s wedding, complete with sparkly jewelry, an evening clutch, heels, and a cocktail dress. And if I’m lucky, a cocktail in my hand.

Berry lipgloss…much to Eric’s chagrin.

Shimmery eye shadow, black eye liner, and mascara.

I guess I better find that cocktail dress…

Sometimes, though, feeling like a Goddess comes from within. [OK, I might sound like a certain women’s shaving commercial at this point, but go with it.] Sometimes a workout makes me feel like a Goddess. I rocked out a 60 minute spin class this morning and I left dripping in sweat and beet red in the face. Total Goddess.

And often, FOOD makes me feel like a Goddess! That’s the best. Eating a vegan diet makes me feel like a Goddess. No matter what things in my life are going on that make me feel the opposite of a Goddess, sometimes all I need is one rockin’ recipe to give me a kick to my step.

This is that recipe.

IMG 9569 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Have you heard of the famous Green Goddess Dressing which is thought to hail from the Palace Hotel in San Francisco? It’s a pretty big deal. I finally decided that I would make a vegan version, cuz you know, the original has 3 cups of MAYO in it.

I don’t know who equated mayonnaise and feeling like a Goddess, but it must have been a man.

Ladies, this one is for you.

IMG 9510 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

IMG 9524 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Finger-licking good.

IMG 9501 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

The avocado replaced the mayo in this recipe VERY well. Love avocado as a mayo replacer! This dressing would also be amazing poured over my Protein Powder Goddess Bowl. I will be trying that tonight!

IMG 9512 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

I also won’t tell you how much I ate yesterday. That would be embarrassing…

IMG 9555 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Let’s just say I felt like a Goddess for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

IMG 9567 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

P.S.- I had so much fun chatting with you on facebook yesterday! I’m pretty sure my productivity went down about 5 hours, but who’s counting? It’s so fun to get to know you guys on a more interactive level and see your lovely faces.

If you’re looking for me you can find me on Facebook asking random questions, gushing about food, posting pics, and rambling on about body image epiphanies.

kaila@ healthy helper blog! August 5, 2011

First the pesto…now this!!! I am in topping heaven!!!! :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 5, 2011

I’ve heard of this dressing before but never quite knew what was in it. I love your version. It’s like pesto with avocado, what’s not to love?

Heather (heathers dish) August 5, 2011

Oh I wanna be a goddess too :) I’ll be making this ASAP!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness August 5, 2011

This is perfect! I’m always looking for ways to lighten up salad dressing.

Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 5, 2011

you ARE a goddess. Don’t ever doubt that.

Claire August 5, 2011

Where do you add the avocado? Did I miss it in the recipe? Otherwise it looks great! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

oops added that in, thanks!

Claire August 5, 2011

Now it definitely looks delicious!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty August 5, 2011

Interesting… sounds tasty!
How long do you think it would last?

I’m looking for an awesome salad dressing recipe for a bbq this weekend, maybe this is the one (if I can find avocados!)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

not sure but Ill update as soon as I test it out!

Allysia August 5, 2011

LOL, Angela, I laughed at your 3 cups of mayo comment! And avocados are like nature’s mayo. Or something.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers August 5, 2011

I love how proud you are of your vegan diet and how you bask in all the positive benefits. :)

Nikita August 5, 2011

This looks great, Angela! When I first started eating salad (it was the end of highschool- embarrassing but true!) Annie’s Goddess Dressing was all I ate! I’ve since expanded my tastes quite a bit and haven’t had goddess dressing in years! I’m glad you posted this so I can give a healthy vegan version a go!

Tonya August 5, 2011

love love love that you’re giving me some great ways to use up the basil and parsley from my community garden harvest yesterday! I came straight home and made yesterday’s oil free basil pesto!

Mimi (Gingersnaps) August 5, 2011

I totally know what you mean about feeling like a goddess after a hard workout. A war goddess, like Athena or Sekhmet!

But I looove that recipe! Will try post-haste. I love green goddess dressing but don’t like all the vegetable oil in it.

Liz August 5, 2011

Eatting healthy fresh wholesome foods makes me feel like a goddess too, AND I love to leave the gym dripping and red faced! It is SO wonderful!!

Charlie August 5, 2011

This dressing sounds amazing! And the non-vegan mayo version is not even that green :P.

Shelley @ MileHighHealthy August 5, 2011

It is absolutely beautiful. Just looking at the pictures of the dressing makes me feel like a Goddess (hehe)!

Suziee August 5, 2011

This looks amazing!! I can’t wait to try it!

mi-an August 5, 2011

i never comment but thought i would today because i want to say you are such a beautiful goddess! all women are!!
i’m also going to a wedding tomorrow and i cannot wait to be all sparkled up! :) i have this gorgeous cocktail dress, bling bling shoes, glimmery clutch and swarovski crystal earrings (my bf gave me last yr) and cannot wait to get all goddessed up!! :)) have fun this weekend girl!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

Thank you! Your wedding attire sounds awesome…have fun!

bitt of raw August 5, 2011

thank you thank you for using avocado in here and not just doing the swap to veganaise thing. i dislike that stuff. i will be trying this one soon for sure.

Mary (What's Cookin with Mary) August 5, 2011

I recently bought a bottle of Amy’s version of this for the first time a few weeks ago and upon the first taste, I knew I had to make it! Your vegan version sounds so much more goddess like than the ingredient list on the bottle… but I am determined to make a non-vegan version too ;)

My favorite thing to use it on right now is my ‘goddess bowl’ ;) … pinto beans, spinach sauteed in garlic & olive oil, quinoa, green onion & the green goddess dressing all topped with sriracha. SOOOO good.

PR_Cal August 5, 2011

What food processor do you use?

My lil’ Cuisinart just conked out after making banana soft serve!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

Sorry to hear that! RIP food processor, RIP.

I use a Kitchen Aid. Its a 14 cup for the bakery’s needs, but one that large isnt necessary for personal use. Ive had it for a year and a half now and I dont have any issues with it really.

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy August 5, 2011

Oh em gee, I need to make this! Goddess status, here I come! ;)

Niki August 5, 2011

Yum!! Sounds delicious!

I also don’t cook in heels and love hearing that you’re absolutely normal. I cook in my bandana, apron and no shoes most of the time (I don’t like shoes. I love them, but I don’t like them). Since I’m constantly moving and shaking, I don’t wear makeup because it’d just end up running down my face. I like to think of my cooking as a sort-of workout… interrupted by mini photo-shoots every step of the way. :) Sounds like you’re the same! Except, of course, you make awesome salad dressing and I don’t!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

man is it ever a workout! Sweating from the heat and running back and forth, taking pics, washing dishes etc!

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons August 5, 2011

Fantstic! I was bookmarking a ton of goddess dressings and your vegan version is by far my fav right now! def making this one first! =) Thanks girl!

xoxo

Amber K August 5, 2011

I’ve heard of the dressing before, but never actually had it. It looks delicious! And mayo has a weird taste to it, who would want ot eat it anyway?

Ellie@fitforthesoul August 5, 2011

“I don’t know who equated mayonnaise and feeling like a Goddess, but it must have been a man”. That made me laugh out loud :D this sounds really good!! I don’t like recipes with much mayo either b/c it has that heavy, way too creamy, stick to your tongue feeling to it. A little is okay, but not much!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

Eric used to be obsessed with mayo…thats where that joke came from! hehe. Oddly now he HATES it!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg August 5, 2011

Mmmm…this looks awesome. I love the idea of adding avocado to make it creamy!

Amy-Nutrition by Nature August 5, 2011

Looks VERY good! Thank you! :-)

Christine August 5, 2011

This dressing looks great–a lightened up version of one of my favorites. I think the traditional version uses tarragon, which is so delicious–you should try that herb next time you make it! Or I’ll use it in this recipe and report back :) I’m excited to make the pesto you posted earlier this week too!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

yes I would love to make a Terragon version!

Laura August 5, 2011

What a perfect summer salad dressing! I love anything with avocado’s :)

Stephasaurus August 5, 2011

This recipe looks amazing, and I’m adding it to the stockpile of your recipes I’ve been bookmarking lately. Starting this weekend, I’m going vegan and unprocessed — I’ve been a vegetarian for 10 years (I really don’t eat much dairy anyway, other than cheese sometimes…milk is gross), and tomorrow my fiancé and I move in together. I figured, hey, I’m making one huge life change (living with the fiancé), now is a great time to add another life change and take my vegetarian lifestyle a couple steps further by finally going vegan. Your blog and recipes, and heck, YOU, are an inspiration to me and I so look forward to trying out more of your delicious recipes — in our brand new apartment kitchen. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

Wow, goodluck to you! Although it sounds like you won’t need any!! :)

Stephasaurus August 5, 2011

Thank you thank you! :)

Moni'sMeals August 5, 2011

you already are a goddess… that glows! great dressing.

Glad to be back…:)

LizAshlee August 5, 2011

What a great recipe! I am ready to venture into mixing my own dressing, especially for ones entitled Greek Goddess! :)

I just saw your recipe for oil-free pesto which I am also SUPER excited to try!!

Happy Friday!

Katrina August 5, 2011

This sounds so yummy! Awesome idea and recipe.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes August 5, 2011

This looks so delicious, I have been looking for a new dressing to perk up my salads! thanks :)

Maria August 5, 2011

I can’t wait to try this dressing!

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine August 5, 2011

Whoa. Just reading this recipe is inducing a state of Goddess-ness!

Corinne August 5, 2011

That. looks. GOOD!! I am totally drooling at the thought (and sight) of it!

VeggieGirl August 5, 2011

YAY a new way to make avacado, I love it!

Heather @ Get Haalthy with Heather August 5, 2011

Yum avocado is such a good mayo replacer! So much tastier too.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn August 5, 2011

Didn’t you know? Everything green makes me feel like a goddess. Mwah. Can’t wait to drink this stuff with a straw! I mean drizzled on my salad?

Page 2 of 3«123»