Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Last night, I made a new veggie burger recipe.

IMG 8552   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Don’t get too excited though, they were crap. I’m super picky when it comes to veggie burgers and I rarely meet one that I’m happy with.

Eric goes, ‘They’d be good without all the lemon…’

‘They are rosemary lemon burgers.’

‘Oh…hah’

Fail.

I also won’t tell you that I had to skin my rosemary plant to get enough leaves for the recipe. I’m pretty sure it’s going to die today in protest.

IMG 8193   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

However, I redeemed myself with this salad made with garden romaine lettuce! It was the freshest romaine I’ve ever laid eyes on or tasted. And most importantly, I grew it!

IMG 8505   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

We currently have romaine lettuce coming out of the wazoo. I’m thinking a salad party is in store. Sadly, I think it will just be me attending.

But still, dinner left us wanting more. Half eaten crap lemon burgers and salad just wasn’t enough to tame our hunger monsters.

I had to pull out a secret weapon…

IMG 8539   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Cookie Dough balls. 5 minutes to whip up. Instant gratification.

IMG 8561   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

And then I did something really crazy…because it’s stifling hot and we can’t just eat balls for crying out loud!

IMG 8590   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Meet the Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’ in all its crunchy, crispy, creamy, and peanut buttery glory.

IMG 8583   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard put me up to it of course.

IMG 2985 4   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

This was my best idea all week. Actually, it was the only successful recipe I’ve had all week. Last night, I decided if I had one more recipe fail this week, I was going to have to hire a ghost chef for the blog.

I’m happy to say this was not made by a ghost chef.

It was all me, baby. All me. And you can thank me this weekend when you are sitting on your porch in a state of Blizzard induced bliss.

IMG 8580   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Blizzard for 2 (GF + Vegan)

• 3 large frozen bananas (or your favourite ice cream- it would be good with coconut bliss!)
  • 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
  • 2-3 balls, to pulse into soft serve
  • 2 balls to crumble on top

Directions: To make this dreamy delight, grab a few frozen bananas and process them in a food processor with a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. Once the mixture is creamy like soft serve, add in a few peanut butter balls and pulse until chunky. Scoop this mixture into a small glass and top with crumbled cookie dough balls. Serves 2.

IMG 8581   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

More blizzard for you.

It will be our little secret. ;)

IMG 8587 2   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Best of all, we forgot all about the crap lemon burgers and the skinned rosemary plant, as we sat on the deck watching the sun bid farewell to this hot summer day.

IMG 8595   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

But an important question remains: What Blizzard flavour should I tackle next?

Heidi @ Food Doodles July 7, 2011

Yum, I love your blizzard. I think they once had a coffee crisp one? Or maybe that was something else, but that would be awesome to recreate! I love coffee + ice cream :D

Cait @ Urban Fencepost July 7, 2011

I think you should make a thin mint blizzard!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 7, 2011

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living July 7, 2011

Seeing as though I’ve made your CC Cookie Dough Blizzard about, oh, 10 times in the past couple of weeks, you can bet I’ll be making this PB version very soon!! Love it.

Hayley @ Oat Couture July 7, 2011

Oh my that blizzard looks like the shizz! I want!!! :) You totally redeemed yourself after the ‘crap’ burgers! haha!

Amber K July 7, 2011

OMG, this looks amazingly delicious!! Although, I tell my meat-loving husband things are vegan and gluten-free all the time and it never scares him off. That man will eat anything…ANYTHING!

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living July 7, 2011

Quick question: did you add the peanut butter in with the maple syrup and vanilla for the balls?

Jackie @ That Deep Breath July 7, 2011

I would like to eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert please. everyday. I would love to see a cookies ‘n cream one!

Mymsie July 7, 2011
lynne July 7, 2011

omg this looks amazing!!!! it’s not too hot here yet, but it’s never too early to eat one of these babies!!

Lindsay July 7, 2011

“…because it’s stifling hot and we can’t just eat balls for crying out loud!”

My poor computer screen is drenched in water. I died laughing at this.

Someone said ‘thin mint’ blizzard, I say ‘samoa’ – coconut/chocolate/caramel…heaven

Morgan @ Operation Hot Mama July 7, 2011

You always have such cute dishes & silverware!!!

Amy July 7, 2011

Can you use another nut instead of cashew for the cookie dough balls???

Ebbs July 7, 2011

Wow…..those look so good. I will have to try this as a after dinner dessert.

Andrea B. @ Vegvacious July 7, 2011

Oh {swoon}!! This looks amazing. My all-time fave blizzard is oreo — I will love you forever if you can come up with a healthier version :-)

Meredith July 7, 2011

OMG Angela that looks amazing! May have to make that this weekend! :)

An unrelated question: which of the Vega products is your favorite? I want to buy one to try out but I don’t want to waste money on one that’s not worth buying! Obviously, everyone’s test buds are different, but I think ours are pretty similar, based on reading your blog :).

Thanks!

Evan July 7, 2011

While my favorite blizzard is chocolate with Reese’s PB cups, it would be quite a feat to recreate a vegan version of a Cheesequake blizzard! …I dare you to try it – I think you could do it! :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} July 7, 2011

An amazing dessert makes up for a subpar dinner any day! :-)

Tess July 7, 2011

When you try a recipe and it fails, do you eat it anyway? What if it was enough servings for a few meals?

Often when I’m working on a recipe (especially baking) and it’s not quite right, I want to tweak-and-retry it right away while it’s still fresh in my head. But what do you do with all the not-so-great results? Toss them? Freeze them? Give them away?

Lauri (RedHeadRecipes.com) July 7, 2011

I can’t wait to make your dough balls ;)

Cookie dough is my FAVORITE sweet treat!

Nikki July 7, 2011

It’s been a salad party at my house lately. Can’t get enough. I’m one of those who gets really excited about salad.

OMG… I loved Blizzards when I was a kid. My fave was the peanut butter cup.

Daniel July 7, 2011

Ha, it looks like Oreo blizzard will probably be the winner, but Butterfinger was always my favorite flavor/candy bar. *Sigh* What I wouldn’t give for a homemade vegan Butterfinger recipe that didn’t call for a crap ton of butter… :P

Urban Wife July 7, 2011

Mint + chocolate blizzard!

Claire Smith July 7, 2011

I do the same thing when I have some delicious food that I don’t want to share! “Uh, this is vegan and has no refined sugars. You probably wouldn’t like it” Works like a charm! Haha.

thehealthyapron July 7, 2011

Boy does that look amazing! I always love your recipes!

Roz July 7, 2011

I haven’t had a blizzard in YEARS….and now I want one. But not a DQ blizzard, a “Glow Blizzard!”
Thanks for the recipe!! Sorry your veggie burgers were a bust. Looks must be decieving, because they LOOKED good. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all. Have a great day Angela.

Rebecca July 7, 2011

OH MY WORD. That right there is summer. That looks ten times better than the original. GAH I’m in love already! :)
The Oreo blizzard was always my favorite. Mmm…And now I am totally going to dig up the freezer for any ice cream remains!!

Julie July 7, 2011

Thank you so much for these. I was just diagnosed with celiac and start my gf adventure today, so the timing was perfect. I must also tell you that I am really enjoying your tahini lemon dressing so much from your power lentil recipe. It is so delicious on kale. Keep the great recipes coming.

Joanne Hall July 7, 2011

Just made the peanut butter chocolate crunch balls. My sons and I just wanted to say “Damn they’re good!!! Insanely good!!

Katherine July 7, 2011

I think a berry blizzard should be next!

Callie July 7, 2011

This looks SOOO good! Perfect summer treat!!

Danielle July 7, 2011

You should tackle Oreo next! That was my childhood favourite!

JenATX July 7, 2011

if you throw a salad party I would definitely attend… sounds like a crazy good time haha

Beth (Well I'll Be) July 7, 2011

Angela, this looks amazing! I’m going to make these tonight. You should try a brownie batter blizzard. I used to get those all the time in my college days.

Alyssa July 7, 2011

This cracks me up . . .
“Helpful hint: If anyone in your home sees you eating this, tell them it’s Vegan and Gluten-Free and they will run like hell. ”

For a b-day party a couple of weeks ago I made your chocolate raspberry glazed cupcakes. Everyone was enjoying them and I said “yeah, and they are vegan”. I got some responses like “wow that is amazing”, “why did you have to tell us that” (???), and my favorite “so there is no meat in them”.

Sierra July 7, 2011

LOL! THIS cracks me up! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa! :) :) :) :) :)

Nicole July 7, 2011

I’m making this as soon as I get home! It’s been one of those days.

By the way, if you ever had a salad party, I’d love to join! :)

Beatrix July 7, 2011

Oh my…is all I can say about that blizzard…guess what’ being served at my house this weekend :)

Ricki July 7, 2011

You know, I would have been happy just with those balls. . . but in a blizzard? Well, perfection, indeed! Who needs burgers, anyway?? ;)

Jessica July 7, 2011

This one recipe success overpowers your previous fails! a blizzard came and covered them all up-haha :) I unfortunately have never had a blizzard before, but I can volunteer a request you try something minty? and maybe with chocolate? Oh, oh, how about chocolate with newman’s own “oreos”?!

Kristen Waby July 7, 2011

I’m so glad I found you! My mom has to eat gluten free and it’s great that I can find yummy things for her to try out. These types of things are also great for my little one as she gets more teeth. I’m trying to give her as much natural food as I can.

Moni'sMeals July 7, 2011

who needs a veggie burger anyways! Especially when you made my ultimate fav combo and blizzard! Just amazing. I am all over this recipe!

I liek this combo best but maybe cookies n cream for the next!

Page 3 of 5«12345»