Getting Fresh In Toronto

IMG_8014

Our weather was dreary and rainy on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday was a beautiful summer day!

IMG_7965

Eric was returning from a weekend in Montreal for his brother’s stag, so I picked him up when his train got in. He looked a little rough around the edges (think Hangover movie) and told me he was craving a piece of dandelion! lol.

I knew just the fix for him… Fresh! It was only about a 15 minute walk from where we were.

I started with a drink Eric probably could have used- the Detoxifier!

IMG_7946

Made up of Kale, spinach, parsley, celery, & apple.

I loved it…I usually don’t juice fruits, but the apple was a nice treat in there.

Eric ordered the ‘Blue Lagoon’ which was a creamy blend of blueberry, mango, and banana.

IMG_7947

To start, we ordered the Quinoa-battered Onion Rings with Chipotle Avocado sauce.

IMG_7943

I’ve never ordered these before, but I’ve heard so many good things about them. Well, they are AMAZING!They are made from scratch and battered with puffed quinoa and sprinkled with sea salt. They are so crispy they must have been fried. Probably good hangover food for Eric!

The Chipotle avocado sauce was also fantastic for dippin’.

IMG_7944

For my main, I ordered a wrap I haven’t had before- the Kathmandu wrap! It’s made up of a chickpea curry filling with tahini sauce, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, and alfalfa sprouts. Loved it.

IMG_7950

Eric ordered the Black Bean Burrito made up of spicy black beans with chipolte avocado sauce, cilantro, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, & sprouts. We’re on such a huge wrap kick these days!

He liked it, but said he prefers the Grilled Vegetable and pesto wrap. I would have to agree. The grilled vegetable wrap is my fav.

IMG_7952

For dessert, we shared the Vanilla Cupcake

IMG_7956

and the Double Chocolate Fudge Cake!

IMG_7955

Which I concluded is the best thing a girl can eat when PMS strikes…or anytime, really…no crumb could escape.

IMG_7954

My all-time favourite dessert served at Fresh is the Carrot Cake though! The only problem is, they are always sold out of it every time we go! They bring in their desserts from Sweets from the Earth. I’ve only been to Fresh once when they had it available (in 2009). It was heavenly…

img-5716

After dinner, we walked around lakeshore for a couple hours…what a perfect summer evening it was. There were so many people out walking, biking, rollerblading, and running. I would love to live around Lakeshore if I could pick any spot in Toronto. It’s so lively and beautiful. Lakeshore always makes me want to move back to the city!

IMG_8081-2

We walked a lot of the route that I ran my very first half marathon- The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half!

IMG_8085-2

Our walk was a bit less exhausting though. And a lot more relaxing. :)

IMG_7986

IMG_8004

IMG_7983

IMG_7996

IMG_8017

IMG_8027

We saw lots of Canadian Geese.

IMG_7979

and a huge gorgeous swan!

IMG_8037

IMG_8040

IMG_8049

IMG_8061

IMG_8074

IMG_8086

IMG_8087

I did not want this night to end…

IMG_8092

Have a great start to your week!

1 Claire June 27, 2011

Absolutely beautiful photos! The chipotle avocado dip looks unreal! My favorite picture here is the swan with the droplet of water…so pretty :-)

2 LC June 27, 2011

I agree! What kind of camera do you use?

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 27, 2011

Thanks! My camera info is on my FAQ page found here: http://ohsheglows.com/faqs/

4 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 27, 2011

Quinoa battered onion rings?! Please tell me you’re going to be recreating those and posting the recipe. :)

5 LC June 27, 2011

Please do! They look divine!! Recreate the chickpea curry wrap, too!

6 kate@ahealthypassion June 27, 2011

I agree they look divine I wouldn’t have thought to pair quinoa with onion rings but it sounds/looks amazing!

7 Hayley @ Oat Couture June 27, 2011

Jumping on the bandwagon here, do it… DO ITTTT! :) they would be amazing! Some amazing pictures there Angela! Looks like a lovely evening, hope it cured Eric’s hangover! :)

8 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 27, 2011

hehe ;)

9 AGS @ West With Flight June 27, 2011

Agree — please please recreate!

10 Radha June 27, 2011

Your blog is like a a ray of sunshine on a rainy day. Thank you.

11 Aine @ Something to Chew Over June 27, 2011

That quinoa batter looks divine! I wonder is it literally just quinoa rolled on?

Looks like you had a great day :)

12 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 27, 2011

I have no idea, but I want to scope out the recipe in their cookbook…

13 cathy June 27, 2011

oh, this was a great post to read, angela! it’s always extra-fun to read about spots you can personally identify with (like your thrive outing, too!). i LOVE lakeshore area. my brother and SIL used to live on queen’s quay, so i spent many happy times wandering the waterfront. fresh – i’ve been there once and loved it. glad you and eric has such a fantastic day. maybe you can get back a few more times this summer!

14 AdrienneCarolyn June 27, 2011

Mmm Fresh! Perhaps I should go there for lunch today!! I’m so glad you had a great time walking around my hood! Your pictures are SO close to my condo! You must have been walking on my running route! I run the Lakeshore almost every day in the summer! It’s a great area, although can get a quite drab in the winter. We don’t get the pretty white snow like you country folks ;-)

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 27, 2011

oh I would kill for that running route…I find it so motivating with everyone out!

16 Hannah June 27, 2011

Looks like a great day, and your photos are so beautiful.

17 Cait's Plate June 27, 2011

What a perfect day! I love when we just set out early and enjoy the city the entire day, they’re usually the best days ever.

All those eats look absolutely amazing – I feel like I can taste them right off the screen!

Happy Monday :)

18 Ashley June 27, 2011

Pretty pictures!!

The carrot cake at Fresh is by Sweets From the Earth — and they sell their cakes out of a lot of stores now… so if you were ever craving it, it could always be available to you!

19 Abby June 27, 2011

I was just in Toronto for the first time earlier this month… and I went to Fresh too.. and got the same thing! It was so good!! I want to visit more often because of that place!

20 Andrea @ Vegvacious June 27, 2011

As usual, your photographs are absolutely gorgeous! We usually make it to Toronto for a Leafs game and a Jays game every year, but if anything all we hit is the Eaton Centre. We really need to take a day or two to go down and enjoy the beauty of Toronto!

21 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes June 27, 2011

I love Toronto :) I wish I lived closer to it! but its like a 4 hour drive from my house. I have heard about Fresh, but I’ve never gone. I needs to get me a piece of that carrot cake!!

22 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is June 27, 2011

That cake…. WANT!

23 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 27, 2011

Aww Ange, what gorgeous photos!! Looks like you two had a lovely time, and the weather was so perfect! The quinoa battered onion rings look awesome too. I don’t recall seeing them on the menu last time I was there so maybe they’re new. And what was that we were saying about square dishes? ;) Have a great day!

24 whitney June 27, 2011

This reminds me that I really should take a trip to Toronto. I live in MI so it’s really not that far from me! It looks so beautiful!

Whitney

25 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 27, 2011

Toronto looks beautiful! I never saw that park when I was in the city. Definitely going to check it out (and Fresh!) if I ever go back :)

26 Camille June 27, 2011

We are in Montreal right now (actually leaving for Toronto today) and we saw a bunch of Stag Nights last night! How weird would it have been if we walked right by Eric and didn’t even know it? :)

27 Sara Best June 27, 2011

Great post Angela and gorgeous pics! I love Fresh and am VERY familiar with those quinoa onion rings – to DIE for.

28 Leia June 27, 2011

It sounds like a really perfect day! Fresh sounds like such a great restaurant, I wish there were something like here. Around where I live, it’s quite difficult to eat out – not so many veggie options!

29 katie June 27, 2011

the pictures of the bench and grass are just beautiful. I love the sun beams you captured. That meal looks divine and so fresh. I’m sure he was feeling much better after filling up on such good foods!

30 Lisa Fine June 27, 2011

Sounds like a great day. I think we finally have the same sunshine here that you had yesterday.

Do you and Eric go to Montreal often? We try to go a few times a year.

31 Laura June 27, 2011

I was at fresh this weekend too! Had the bbq burger with the onion rings ON TOP! So, SO good.

Beautiful pics!

32 Meredith June 27, 2011

You were right by my apartment on the waterfront! I so needed to read this post. I grew up on an acreage and often have a hard time appreciating Toronto haha. I’m seriously going to bookmark this page for whenever I need a fresh perspective on the city to see its better side!

33 Ashley June 27, 2011

Gorgeous photos! The wraps look amazing!

34 dana @ my little celebration June 27, 2011

Stunning photos!

35 Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove June 27, 2011

The photos are beautiful! And pleaseeeeee find a way to make the quinoa battered onion rings. They look delicious and healthier than regular onion rings so I wouldn’t feel too guilty eating them.

36 Heather (heathers dish) June 27, 2011

I want to take a nap on a slab of cake like that :)

37 Faith @ lovelyascharged June 27, 2011

The chipotle + avocado combo has my brain rolling in a bunch of directions – I’ve been on such a huge ‘cado kick lately and I used to love chipotle mayonaise, so I can only imagine how amazing a vegan chipotle spread would be!

38 Yolie @ Practising Wellness June 27, 2011

Oh my gosh, Angela, you’re hitting me where it hurts, lol! I adore fresh, and went there several times when I was living in Toronto…your post is reminding me of some wonderful memories, thank you! the photos you take are absolutely breathtaking – you are so talented :-) xyx

39 Balancing Sylvia June 27, 2011

Um I could have used that cake big time last weekend! :D Seriously though your photos were absolutely stunning today. Your food photography is fantastic but you should really do more of these types of photos too. You seem to have a great eye :)

40 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 27, 2011

aww thank you! i loooove photography!

41 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods.com June 27, 2011

Those oniont rings look amazing! Love that shot of the park bench- just gorgeous!

42 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit June 27, 2011

I’ve always dreamed of going to Fresh! AH! I need to head to Toronto ASAP! I have their cookbooks and swear by each of the recipes. That cake looks ah-mazing! Looks like you two had a fabulous time :)

43 Kelsey June 27, 2011

gorgeous photos! and those wraps look out of this world. and I’m so intrigued by those quinoa onion rings! mmmmm

44 Lacia June 27, 2011

Oh my…those onion rings look AMAZING!!! And the dip too! mmmmmm.

45 Claudine @ The Kathmanduo June 27, 2011

Of course, my eyes zeroed right in on the Kathmandu wrap, named for my adopted city! It looks delicious, and I would love to recreate it here — if only I could find tahini in the stores. And that carrot cake. Oh my word. Do you think that Fresh might ship a slice to Kathmandu?

46 Shanna, Like Banana June 27, 2011

Hmm, my hubby was in Montreal for a “stag” party too…perhaps they were together..ha!

All those eats look to die for!

47 Jackie @ That Deep Breath June 27, 2011

Those pictures from your walk are STUNNING. The chocolate cake and carrot cake look yummy!!

48 Jessica June 27, 2011

Wow! Those pictures look gorgeous! And that cake looks verrryyy yummmmyyy!

49 Anne P June 27, 2011

Gosh it looks gorgeous there!

50 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 27, 2011

quinoa battered onion rings!? consider my mind blown! Fresh looks like one of my restaurant dreams come true =) so jealous! <3

Happy monday doll!

51 Amy June 27, 2011

Wow! I do not remember Toronto looking that beautiful! Perfect summer evening – thanks for capturing it!

52 Kat June 27, 2011

Wow — gorgeous photos! I love the city at this time of year, and you’ve definitely done Toronto justice :) The city is at its best!

53 Kristi June 27, 2011

Lovely photos! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful evening! I have to say, though, that the pictures of your wraps are making my brown-bag lunch seem much less appetizing right now.. lol.

So happy I found your blog last week – I love it already!! :-)

54 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 27, 2011

Thanks Kristi!

55 Emily June 27, 2011

This post made me so happy! It looks like such a wonderful time and you took some really beautiful pictures! :)

56 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) June 27, 2011

Such beautiful photography Ange !!

57 janet June 27, 2011

I find Fresh so hit-or-miss but I agree that the Grilled Vegetable and pesto wrap is mostly a hit! And the sweet potato fries with the miso gravy, of course. :)

58 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg June 27, 2011

Wow– that lunch looks so refreshing!! Beautiful shots all around!

59 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner June 27, 2011

what a nice way to spend a Sunday! I love it down by the waterfront.. seeing how active everyone is really inspires me to put on my running shoes. Great photos!!

60 Red Deception June 27, 2011

I have never been out to Eastern Canada, and I desperately want to visit! I love the bustle of a large city, and the good food! Maybe I can convince M that we need to go to Toronto in the near future!

61 Wendi June 27, 2011

Thanks for this post. You captured how great a day in T.O. can be. I just discovered Fresh a couple months ago near my yoga studio. I’m on a mission to try everything on the menu by the end of this year…. can’t wait to try those onion rings next!

62 Carly June 27, 2011

I love Ontario. Being from BC, the city, the busyness, and the atmosphere of Toronto just sucks me in.
We typically go to Ottawa every Canada day, but can’t make it this year due to work. This is devastating! There is nothing, nothing like Canada Day in Ottawa.

63 mari June 27, 2011

oh my goodness, the chipotle avocado sauce looks so delish. I made your 15-minute avocado cream pasta last night and i think by adding some chipotle to it you might end up with something similar! ps Im obsessed with that recipe and plan on putting the avocado sauce on everything. :)

64 Andrea June 27, 2011

Gorgeous post! The posts where I recognize the scenery are my favorites haha, and your photos of the food at Fresh are absolutely mouthwatering! Yum. I’ve never had the Kathmandu wrap, looks divine. I had the tempeh ceaser salad the last time I went and it was honestly the best salad I’ve had in quite some time. Mmm, Fresh.

65 Cinemarie June 27, 2011

ha ha I was surprised when I saw your last photo – how did you get a shot of downtown without any cranes in it? It seems like they are everywhere these days :)

66 Christina @ The Athletarian June 27, 2011

Angela – which location did you go to? Every single time I go (which is 1-2x a week) there is alway carrot cake! It is the best thing ever made. I have even ordered whole ones for birthday parties! Expensive, but delicious!

Love the onion rings…never tried the avocado dip though. I usually get mine with the BBQ sauce. I think I’ll switch it up next time! Kathmandu is one of my top orders as well. Sometimes I order it on a bed of greens when I’m not in the wrap mood ;)

67 Anna June 27, 2011

Omg, you’ve outdone yourself with pictures today – the sky in those last couple is so stunning! And I love the dusky light in the one with the flowers. I have total place-envy… and yes, food-envy. Those onion rings! Those wraps! I gotta get to the shops, asap…

68 someotherbetty June 27, 2011

This looks delicious! My boyfriend is originally from Toronto (we live Pennsylvania now) and we’ll be heading up this weekend to celebrate both Canada Day and Independence Day with his family and to take in the Phillies-Blue Jays series.
His family is very traditional Greek so he keeps telling me that they’ll be stuffing us to the gills, but if we manage to sneak away for a meal, I’ll suggest Fresh be our stop!

69 kaila @ healthy helper! June 27, 2011

What beautiful pictures!! Looks like an amazing day trip! I HAVE TO GO TO FRESH! It looks SO good!

70 Katie June 27, 2011

My husband is always down on Toronto (he’s from Montreal) but your pictures make it look positively beautiful! Maybe I can convince him to vacation there next summer… :)

71 Lisa June 27, 2011

Looks like a great day. I like the sunset pictures! I rooted for the women’s canada soccer team yesterday; they played a good game.

72 Eat Hike Sleep Repeat June 27, 2011

Love the look of the Kathmandu wrap. I have had a recent “thing” for falafel. The curried chickpeas look like a wonderful alternative.

73 Dori June 27, 2011

Quinoa-battered Onion Rings with Chipotle Avocado sauce = WHOA. My life will not be complete without this.

74 Cynthia @ Cynthia's Adventures June 27, 2011

I run on this exact route every weekend and love it :)

75 Julie (A Case of the Runs) June 27, 2011

I love that picture of the swan!

76 shamima June 27, 2011

The Detoxifier is my favorite juice there…rather…I love this one so much I haven’t tried the other juices:)! My sister brought me a piece of their carrot cake a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. I am still thinking about it now!!

77 Roz June 27, 2011

Fantastic photos (as always!) Have a great week.

78 Cat @Breakfast to Bed June 27, 2011

puffed quinoa o-rings. I’d be in pure heaven.

79 Alaina June 27, 2011

Your pictures look amazing! I love walking around the river on a beautiful day.

I’ve never been a fan of onion rings but I had some that were battered in corn meal and they were the best! :-)

80 Tara @ ThriftyCanadianShopper June 27, 2011

please please please attempt to make those onion rings and dip, and blog about it asap :) :) they look so good! if anyone could do it, I know you could :)

81 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers June 27, 2011

Great pics! I’m a sucker for sailboats. Of course, I’d also be a sucker for that Kathmandu wrap. It looks soooo tasty!

82 Arielle (Your Vegan Girlfriend) June 27, 2011

Ooo those wraps look amazing but not as amazing as those ONION RINGS. Please please please recreate Angela. I need those with the dipping sauce like yesterday.

Toronto has so many yummy vegan eats how amazing!!!

83 Teniesha @ Vegan on the Go-Go June 27, 2011

Everything looks incredible, especially those onion rings! :D

84 Amanda Jewell @ Science&Bananas June 27, 2011

hi,
my name is jealous. jealous wants to eat some of your food (especially those quinoa onion rings). jealous also would like to be sitting on that bench in that pretty picture you took. jealous will be back tomorrow to do what she does best… be herself :-)
(i think i’ve had too much coffee.. don’t judge me)
hehe

85 Jaime June 27, 2011

Quinoa battered onion rings- Really? Sound pretty fabulous to me.

86 Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen June 27, 2011

Wow — everything looks incredible!

87 Jess June 27, 2011

Your photography in this post is AMAZING!!!!

88 Kathy June 27, 2011

I love the photos! You should get a photography career ;)
The food also looks delicious! I wish I lived close to you to enjoy lots of it

89 Caroline @ The G-Spot June 27, 2011

Quinoa-battered onion rings?! OMG! those look heavenly. :)

90 Katrina June 27, 2011

Mmm I love the restaurant Fresh! Their cookbook is really nice too!

91 thehealthyapron June 27, 2011

I adore your photography angela! Seriously it’s so awesome!

92 The Healthy Hipster June 27, 2011

Lovely! Glad to see you made it to the city to enjoy a little urban summer lovin :)

93 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh June 27, 2011

Gorgeous pics! I was happy to see you split both desserts. I saw that cupcake and thought “man, only 2 bites of cupcake?” and then smiled when I saw the cake! Hee hee

94 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga June 27, 2011

What a lovely post and beautiful photos, Angela!

The Double Chocolate Fudge Cake really has my name ALL over it! Interesting that you like the carrot cake even better. Ok, I’ll take your word for it.

I love that you and Eric had a lovely walk, meals, time together, just enjoying life and savoring summer and enjoying Toronto.

Yay for those blessings in life :)

95 Ashley June 27, 2011

What a beautiful day!!! Your photos are lovely. I’m not a big fan of onion rings but those look like the best I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe you don’t put fruit in your fresh juice…that is intense!! :) Glad you had such a great evening with the huz.

96 VeggieGirl June 27, 2011

Lovely photos! Im so jealous of your quinoa battered onion rings! What an novel idea!

97 Kath June 27, 2011

LOVE the glowing sun shots!!!

Also, can’t believe that wrap was named after me!

98 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 27, 2011

Gorgeous pics! I love that you got Eric to drink a green juice! Once my husband sees greens going into the juicer he runs away.

99 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 27, 2011

OH MY GOSH YOU SHOULD COME DOWN TO ROCHESTER!!! Toronto is soooo close. Slash I can’t wait to visit and try that delicious looking food!

100 Rhona June 27, 2011

Stunning pictures Angela! So crisp and clear. Also, Toronto is really fun in the summer months. So much to do all the time. And the festivals! Amazing.

101 char @ char on a mission June 27, 2011

You are making me want Fresh SOOO badly now! I ate at this nice little bakery in Guelph yesterday and had a sunflower seed spread wrap with avocado, pea shoots, and all these other veggies; it was SO good and now I want to go back for more spread! haha

102 Connie the Cookie Monster June 27, 2011

omg toronto looks gorgeous!

103 Connie the Cookie Monster June 27, 2011

omg toronto looks gorgeous!

104 Moni'sMeals June 27, 2011

wow. Thanks for this is all I have to say. GREAT PICS!!!!

105 Katherine June 27, 2011

Why must I live where there are NO restaurants like this?!?! WHY?!?!

106 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 27, 2011

So very very stunning!

107 Ellie@fitforthesoul June 27, 2011

delicious food and the photos are amazing! I particularly love the water ones and the bench one. :D

108 Kt June 27, 2011

AHHHHHH I want to eat that cake through the computer screen! My sister had that cake from Fresh as her wedding cake. It is the best cake ever.

109 Izzy June 27, 2011

I can’t believe I’ve STILL never been to Fresh!! There’s always just SUCH a long line whenever I pass by (on Bloor AND Queen), and I dont have any friends eager enough to indulge in pricey, vegan foods :(

*Sigh* Your pictures of the waterfront remind me of how much I love living in Toronto <3

izzyy

110 Julia June 27, 2011

The quinoa battered onion rings at fresh are my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE! Looks like you had a great time :)

111 Natalie @fitjamericangirl.com June 27, 2011

WOW those pictures are beautiful, and that green juice looks enticing. I can’t even begin to imagine how you would bread onion rings with quinoa.

112 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 27, 2011

Hahaha hearing Eric say he wanted dandelion must have made your heart flutter a bit. ;) It sounds like his eating habits have changed so much!

113 Yolanda June 27, 2011

Your pictures are simply beautiful and your meal, looks nothing less than amazing and tantalizing!!! If you figure out how to re-make the wrap, would you share how to?

Thanks!

114 Olya June 27, 2011

All those photos look so beautiful. And I could live on those cakes! I’ve always wanted the world to turn upside down so that cakes, ice-creams etc to be the healthy part of life that you should eat minimum three servings a day of.

115 lauri (redheadrecipes.com) June 27, 2011

Not sure which is more beautiful: the food or the scenery!

116 Heidi (Balance Project) June 27, 2011

Thanks for the recommendation and review! This place looks amazing!! I will be in Toronto in August and will check it out for sure!

117 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 27, 2011

The onion rings and the chocolate cake look kind of AMAZING!
And what gorgeous pictures!

118 Holly June 27, 2011

I’ve been reading your blog for awhile now and I just wanted to tell you how amazing your recipes are and your personality is wonderful! Your updates are always so happy and glowing. Thanks to you my husband and I are making baby steps towards going from vegan to raw and have enjoyed implementing your dinners, desserts, and lunches along the way. I always look forward to reading your website in the morning when I get to work and then end up wishing we had a restaurant that served anything as delectable as these photos look! I think Texans really love their meat and potatoes. :)

119 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 28, 2011

Thank you so much Holly!

120 Laura June 27, 2011

What lovely photos! Every single one.
& those wraps and smoothies, mmm I need to recreate them. :)

121 Marla June 27, 2011

Angela, this post is sooooo happy. All that food – OMG looks so amazing. i bet that restaurant is addictive!

122 Kat June 27, 2011

Looks so pretty!! That restaurant looks fab!

123 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 28, 2011

Lovely scenic photos & wow, quinoa onion rings! You really can do anything with quinoa. Just curious, is there a reason why you normally don’t juice fruits? :)

Have a reFRESHing week! :)

124 Marit June 28, 2011

I’ve been reading WAAAY too much Margaret Atwood…
I recognized all the places on that map and in those photos just from her descriptions…
crazy!

125 Christine @ Burning It Off June 28, 2011

The first time I ever tried vegan food was at Fresh. Back then, I was not a very adventurous eater and I thought everything on the menu looked gross… but I ordered the Thai burger and instantly fell in love!

126 Nicole June 28, 2011

SUCH beautiful pics! I just want to take a bit of that wrap… and the chocolate cake… and the cupcake. Oh, I think I’m just hungry! :) ANyway, I wanted to let you know that I made your green monster smoothy for the first time and now I’m hooked! Can’t wait to glow from the inside out too! :)

127 Molly @ RDexposed June 28, 2011

So excited that we’re juicing it up tonight! I can’t decide what I want to use!

128 Meesh June 28, 2011

Ang, your photos are absolutely breathtaking!!! You are so SO talented!

129 Morgan @ Operation Hot Mama June 28, 2011

Looks like you had a wonderful date with your hubby :) Good for you girl!!

130 Cassandra @ Earth & City June 28, 2011

Yay for Toronto!
Glad you had a wonderful experience.

131 Emma June 28, 2011

The pictures are GORGEOUS!

And yes, I am having a smoothie for breakfast tomorrow haha.

132 O.C. June 28, 2011

Wow what an awesome lunch and an amazing day! Your photographs are stunning as always :)

133 Shannon ~ My Place In The Race June 28, 2011

Beautiful pictures! :D

134 eva @5fruitsNveggies June 28, 2011

looking forward to making the curry chickpea wrap for myself….hmmm how should i make this?

135 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) June 28, 2011

That chocolate cake looks incredible!!!

136 ashley @ cooking for john June 28, 2011

quinoa breaded onion rings!?! i die!!

137 Helen @ healing through positivity June 29, 2011

Is it a bit crazy that I am excited for my trip to Toronto purely as it means I get to eat at Fresh!? And can i add my trip to Toronto isn’t actually scheduled until July 2012!? LOL!

138 Katie June 29, 2011

The Sweets from the Earth carrot cake is something special! Have you visited Vegetarian Haven yet? They often have the cake in stock and their food is so so delicious! I’ve found whole cakes at two whole foods stores on queen west Organic Boutique and the Leslieville Cheese Market.

139 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 29, 2011

no not yet but its on my list!!

140 Lauren C. @ FocusedToBeFit June 29, 2011

Loved this post. What a great day!

141 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 29, 2011

Sunday was a gorgeous day in Toronto. I was in town visiting friends (one of whom coincidentally lives in my old apartment building! LOL)
Saturday wasn’t too bad either…it rained but not enough to keep us from going to the zoo.

142 Lindsay June 30, 2011

do you think you can replicate the quinoa onionrings?!

143 Kait July 2, 2011

My ALL time favourite restaurant! I went there all the time during my first year of school..probably not the best choice being a student and all but I couldn’t resist! :D I like the veggie burgers but the wraps and fresh bowls are to die for too :)

144 Jackie Smith July 4, 2011

I’ve been wanting to try that Kathmandu wrap; it’s in the refresh cookbook

145 cupcakestoronto May 23, 2015

As a result, our blue raspberry cupcakes turned out great and provided an extremely tasty
taste that I haven’t tasted anywhere else.