Vegan Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes with Spiced ‘Buttercream’

IMG_7268-2

I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning! The predicted morning thunderstorms were nowhere in sight which meant that I could get outside for exercise. I had a very windy 5 mile run and thought it was going to pour on me at one point, but then the sun peeked out and the wind was gone with the wind! The only water I encountered was the sweat pouring out of my skin on this humid morning.

After the run, I did 4 sets (10-15 reps each) of both push-ups and lunges. I’ve been trying to sneak in mini strength sessions lately in addition to Whittle My Middle because I find it much easier to sneak in strength work as opposed to longer sessions. Mini sessions are a good trick if you tend to get bored with strength work. The same goes for cardio too.

Today feels like The Friday Dance because we have a VIP coming tomorrow…OSGMOM is coming to visit us for several days!

img-9759

Yay for moms :)

Tomorrow, I’m driving up North to meet mom at Grandpa and Diane’s and then we’re going to meet my Grammy and Harry for lunch before heading back home. On Saturday, we’re having a family get together at our place with my Aunt Jenn and family. Good times. I still need to figure out what I’m making for dinner Saturday though!

Oh, and there will be lots of this going down…

img-7765

and this…muhauha.

20100919-IMG_7880

Last night, Eric was gathering old furniture for furniture pick-up day when I spotted this green antique chair that he planned on throwing out…

IMG_7219

That’s when the crazy old lady in me surfaced and my heart skipped a beat.

IMG_7213 IMG_7217

I don’t know where the chair came from, but I knew that it had many more years of life in it!

Eric saw my eyes light up like a Christmas tree and he said, ‘I KNEW you would want to keep that chair!!!!’

Duh.

Like I said, many productive years of life left…

IMG_7223

Repurposed for a pretty green background for cupcake photos:

IMG_7224

In other good mood news, I finally had a successful recipe after a week of disasters. And I mean a week of disasters. I didn’t show half of the flops I had this week because it was just too painful to watch.

I finally I struck sweet  [whole-wheat] cupcake gold…

IMG_7267

IMG_7240

I love this vegan cupcake recipe with all my heart and I think that it rivals any non-vegan chocolate cupcake! My Aunt Jenn first introduced me to the famous eggless chocolate cake recipe and I’ve been hooked on them even before I became a vegan.

Today’s Modification:

For this adaptation, I wanted to use whole wheat pastry flour instead of all-purpose to make it a bit healthier. Instead of 1.5 cups of all-purpose, I used 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 cup of all-purpose. I was worried if I used 100% WWPF it wouldn’t work. Maybe next time I will try the full 1.5 cups!

The cupcakes turned out FABULOUS!

IMG_7231

They are a bit nuttier tasting than the all-purpose ones, but not in a bad way at all. I will DEFINITELY be making them with WWPF from now on!

IMG_7232

I decided to make a cinnamon-spiced ‘buttercream’ to go along with the cupcakes. I love the combo of chocolate with just a hint of cinnamon.

IMG_7209

IMG_7232

I opted not to make frosting turds this time. ;)

Here’s a shot without my diffusion disc:

IMG_7251

With diffusion disc (notice the shadows are gone)

IMG_7249

Dolled up with a couple antique china plates that I picked up at the antique market:

IMG_7275

The cupcakes tend to freeze well, so I popped them into containers and froze until the frosting got firm (about an hour or so). Then I added some plastic wrap over top of the cupcakes, sealed the container, and placed them back in the freezer. They will stay nice and fresh until the dinner party on Saturday!

IMG_7276

By the way, a HUGE thank-you for your comments and emails yesterday regarding my gluten-free baking challenge. You sure know how to help a girl out! I’m sure that many other readers will benefit from all the information too. I’ll be sure to keep you posted with my GF + vegan trials and tribulations over the next few weeks.

Whew, I feel extra chatty today.

This Chatty Cathy needs to get back to work!

1 laura June 9, 2011

Love the green chair!
YUM. :)

2 Lisa @ happypuppyluckylady June 9, 2011

Yum!! Those cupcakes look soo good!! Cute idea to use the chair as a background for your cupcakes. You’re so clever always!

3 O.C. June 9, 2011

Ohmigoshh these look sooooo good!!
I gotta find a way to GF-ify these and make them, I’m feeling almond flour. The icing looks absolutely divine, though, I could probably just a big bowl of that on its own :)

4 kate June 9, 2011

I love the idea of a cinnamon spiced buttercream! soooo delicious

5 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) June 9, 2011

i love the chair!!! WOAHSHHHSH look at the dripping frosting.. hubba bubba!

6 Lauren at Keep It Sweet June 9, 2011

This looks wonderful, especially the cinnamon buttercream! Have so much fun with your mom!

7 Chloe (Skinny on South Beach) June 9, 2011

Yum! I’m going to bake these and bring them to our next work event :)
I also try and get a few quick sets of lunges or pushups in when I can, hopefully I’ll be able to see a difference :)

8 Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh June 9, 2011

Seriously LOVE that chair! I love anything antique looking at colorful! :) ANNNDD most of all I am loving those cupcakes :) I think adding whole wheat into the mix makes it all the more better!!

9 jenna June 9, 2011

I LOVE that chair and these cupcakes look awesome! :)

do you take anything for safety with you when you run in the mornings? would you mind talking about it a bit in one of your posts? It’s a touchy subject i’m sure but i was just curious b/c it’s the one thing that always holds me back from getting out in the mornings.

10 Kelly @foodiefresh June 9, 2011

Those look so delicious!

11 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) June 9, 2011

That green is such a beautiful color! Very summer-y looking ;)

Those cupcakes look to die for. I wish you could come to my kitchen and bake them for me.

12 Nicole June 9, 2011

Ange,

If you’re interested in doing another challenge this month, check out the Raw Ice Cream Sandwich Challenge I’m hosting with Lisa! It should be fun.

13 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe June 9, 2011

Awesome! I love “spiced” desserts. That diffusion disc really makes a difference!

14 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 9, 2011

That’s just the chair everyone needs for taking photos of cupcakes on! hehe! I’m pretty sure I could eat the cinnamon frosting all on its own and be perfectly content. :) I hope your mom has a safe flight and have fun when she gets here! :)

15 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is June 9, 2011

I want to take a big bite of one of those immediately!

16 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 9, 2011

THanks for the cupcake freezing tips – I would have never thought to let the icing freeze and then go back with plastic wrap! Duh. :)

Questions: what exactly does apple cider vinegar do for baked goods?

17 kris (everyday oats) June 9, 2011

That green chair is so cute! Glad you’re keeping it :)

I love whole-wheat cupcakes. I think the whole-wheat in it gives it a little extra umph! Yay for striking cupcake gold!

18 Ashley June 9, 2011

That green chair is amazing! When I worked for my university’s arts and literature journal, we had this amazing teal set of drawers that we used all the time for pictures! And those antique plates are adorable.
I am making this recipe tonight– because not only did I try almond milk (the vanilla kind) for the FIRST time today and LOVED it but because I’m supposed to make a dessert for a get together with some friends tomorrow night:) These will be perfect!

19 allison June 9, 2011

Yay for moms:) i cant wait to see mine in a few weeks:):):)

And i KNOW these cupcakes will be amazing cause everything you post is always so delicious!!

20 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 9, 2011

The green chair is super cute! I would have wanted to keep it too!

The cupcakes look amazing. I love cinnamon so I totally want to make a bowl of that frosting!

21 Julie @ Shining From Within June 9, 2011

I love finding little hidden gems in my house! Loving how you show/tell a bit more about your photography :)

22 Leanne @ The Skinny Architect June 9, 2011

That spiced buttercream icing is the best I have ever had, vegan or otherwise. I made the gingerbread for an camping trip (don’t worry, it was classy camping, we had a hot tub) and everyone loved it!!

23 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 10, 2011

aww thanks Leanne!

24 Jen June 9, 2011

I love chocolate and cinnamon together almost as much as I love chocolate and peanut butter together! These look fabulous! If I weren’t eating gluten-free right now…I’d bake them!

25 Heidi @ Food Doodles June 9, 2011

Mmm, those look beautiful. I’ve been in such a baking mood lately and yet everything has been flops for me too :( Well, not entirely, most everything tastes great, but I had bread stick to pans(a whole batch of 4 loaves stuck to their pans :( ) and then a larger loaf got stuck in my dutch oven which meant I had to bake the second one in a weird pan. And some raw goodies turned out weird. It’s been a funky week. I should give these cupcakes a try, they look fantastic. And I love that there are no weird ingredients in them, just everything that I already have in my cupboard :D

26 kaila @ healthy helper! June 9, 2011

OMG these look amazing! They look perfect too! Perfectly even and round! Love pretty food! And cinnamon buttercream!?!?! I need you to be my personal chef!

27 Ashley June 9, 2011

BAH! I want that chair!!! :) SO excited for you to get to visit with your mom!! I could go for a green smoothie followed by wine myself!

28 Gen June 9, 2011

YUM! Love chocolate and cinnamon together! :D

29 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 9, 2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE that green chair!

30 Andrea @ Vegvacious June 9, 2011

Those cupcakes look divine & I LOVE your spiced buttercream; it’s one of my favourite frostings!

31 Caroline @ chocolate & carrots June 9, 2011

Looks delicious! :-)

32 Cait @ Beyond Bananas June 9, 2011

Glad you are spending some QT with Momma OSG!!

Those cupcakes looks amazing! :)

33 Tichina June 9, 2011

I work in real estate and get to see a ton of houses; recently, I got the the chance to view an interior designer’s home…it looked like it belonged in an IKEA magizine, I kid you not haha. She had an old red chair done up just like yours set as the focal point of the entrace, turning old things into new is clearly in style :):)

34 Heather (heathers dish) June 9, 2011

Oh girl that chair is so cute! I love the color! Perfect backdrop for your cupcakes…but really, I dont knownif there could be a BAD backdrop when cupcakes are involved!

35 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 9, 2011

That chair is so cute! It would look adorable either indoors or outside with a potted plant on it. I think I’ve been reading too many Martha Stewart Living magazines… :P

36 Molly @ RDexposed June 9, 2011

I’d keep the green chair, too!!

37 Hayley @ Oat Couture June 9, 2011

Ahhh that chair is so cute!! I definitely have a crazy old lady inside me too! LOVE quirky bits of furniture like that! Men just don’t get the value of these things! Thank god were around! ;) And those cupcakes look lovely too! Think I may have to try them this week! :)

38 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 9, 2011

Lahhhhhhve. Now you should make a gf version! ;)

39 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga June 9, 2011

Repurposed for a pretty green background for cupcake photos = YES!!!!!!!

And I love it in the pics!

And this diffusion disc…what is this wonderous gadget you speak of that I don’t own?! I think I better get my amazon account and credit card ready b/c I have a feeling I need it, pronto. The difference in the photos is remarkable!

When I’ve done modeling and photo shoots, sometimes photographers will put up what they call a “beauty disc”…it softens your face, lines, skin imperfections, etc so I wonder if it’s the same principle.

The cinnamon buttercream…omg I could just DRINK that.

And a week of flops…I made something that I know what to do to tweak it and was able to salvage it for photos but it was literally CRUMBLING apart as I was done with the photos. Like, I didnt get them taken a moment too soon. Flops. Yes. Life of a cook :)

40 AGS @ WestWithFlight June 9, 2011

I love that you make mistakes and fess up to it. It makes it double fun to celebrate (and drool) over your successes! ;)

I had a quiet chuckle over your chair. . . my husband loves holding on to things and “repurposing”. I’m the one left trying to sneak stuff out of the house for neighborhood recycle/clean-up days. Blog — 1 / Eric — 0. I feel Eric’s pain. And I hope you know just how much that man loves you for putting up with holding onto beat-up old chairs! There — go give him an extra gluten free cupcake!! ;)

41 AGS @ WestWithFlight June 9, 2011

Clarification: only your “success” gluten free cupcakes will work as a reward. So I guess you will keep Eric and the rest of us in suspense until then. . .

42 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 9, 2011

haha love the photos on your new-old chair! =) This looks and sounds abs divine!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

43 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans June 9, 2011

Mmmm..I love the idea of adding cinnamon to the butter cream!

44 Jen June 9, 2011

Ah, it’s cupcake Thursday! We have a cupcake truck here in Hamilton that parks at various locations to sell their delicious treats (cupcakediner.ca) It was parked down the street from my office this afternoon and one of my agents was sweet enough to run out and grab a dozen for the office staff. Nothing perks up your afternoon like a free cupcake! My friend and I shared a red velvet with buttercream and a chocolate cuppy with pb frosting…sooo delicious. Enjoy your cupcakes!

45 Moni'sMeals June 9, 2011

wow Angela, these cupcakes sure look super. Can you please send me one asap! Thanks! :)

Really lovely pics too.

Clever flavors on the frosting..must try it.

Have a great trip tomorrow.

46 my little celebration June 9, 2011

Angela, these look fantastic! I’m bookmarking them for future use. Hooray!

47 ArizonaOrchid June 9, 2011

The cupcakes work really well using all whole wheat flour, and you can even replace the oil with applesauce and they are still wonderfully chocolately and yummy. That’s the way I’ve been baking them since you turned me on to the wonderful egg-less recipe and I’ve gotten rave reviews from co-workers and family.

48 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 10, 2011

good to know, thanks!

49 ArizonaOrchid June 10, 2011

You’re welcome Angela, thanks for sharing this recipe and all the others. They’re wonderful and so is your site! :-)

50 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 9, 2011

That chair is beautiful! I love gems like that!

51 katie June 9, 2011

ooooo I would have kept the chair too! Its adorable and is such a nice contrast to dark baked goods. Those cupcakes are seriously calling my name, I wish I had some sitting in myyy freezer right now. Enjoy your time with your mom!

52 char @ char on a mission June 9, 2011

Those look so yum, especially with the cinammon ‘buttercream.’ I bet that and chocolate go great together. The chair honestly makes a great pairing with the chocolate – so glad you kept it!

53 Cat @Breakfast to Bed June 9, 2011

Seriously, you make me want to be a vegan.

54 Paige @Running Around Normal June 9, 2011

haha – Eric’s comment sounds exactly like something Shane would say to me. And it DOES make a pretty back ground :)

55 Amanda Jewell @ Science&Bananas June 9, 2011

Your buttercream frosting puts real buttercream frosting to shame

56 Olya June 9, 2011

wow, it’s a beautiful chair!

57 Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie June 9, 2011

That green chair is cute! And these cupcakes look pretty delicious too!

58 Kari @ bite-sized thoughts June 9, 2011

I love that green chair! And I’m glad you had a recipe success, especially as it looks delicious. I have to say, though, it is a little bit of a relief to know that even you have recipe flops :P

59 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit June 9, 2011

haha those cupcake turds were the best. I laughed over that post for at least a couple of minutes. I love that chair! Crazy that you don’t know where it came from.

60 Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! June 9, 2011

these cupcakes are the perfect combination or sweet and ‘spicy’, I cannot wait to try!
R.

61 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 9, 2011

This recipe could not have come at a more perfect time! I really was looking for a vegan cupcake recipe for a party tomorrow, and I think that I’ll be making this :)

62 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 9, 2011

Those cupcakes look awesome? Are they light and fluffy or a denser cake?

63 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 9, 2011

… I meant Those cupcakes look awesome!
It wasn’t supposed to be a question but an exclamation of their awesomeness.

64 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 9, 2011

… I meant Those cupcakes look awesome!

It wasn’t supposed to be a question but an exclamation of their awesomeness.

65 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 9, 2011

And now my comment somehow showed up twice and I look even more like a tool.
Awesome?
;)

66 Tori (Fresh Fruition) June 9, 2011

So yummy looking! Love the chair-by-the-window shot :) The color is gorgeous!

67 Mastering Public Health (@MasPublicHealth) June 9, 2011

I bake *everything* (all muffins, cupcakes, cakes, quickbreads, cookies) using 100% whole wheat pastry flour (Arrowhead or Bob’s Red Mill organic) — never white — and have never had anything but a fantastic result. In fact, oat flour and spelt flour work fine for all these applications, too. No one has ever discerned anything different, even when I served vegan whole-wheat chocolate frosted cupcakes to a large, mixed audience at a holiday gathering this winter. I’m not sure how the myth got started that white in some proportion is necessary but it’s safe to nix it; I promise.

68 Hannah June 9, 2011

Those look very lovely! I’m a sucker for vegan cupcakes…
I noticed you opted for extra virgin olive oil instead of veggie or canola oil. Is that to give it a richer flavor? I wouldn’t think the texture would be at all altered?

69 ellalinea June 10, 2011

Oh those cupcakes look amazing! Keep the green chair!! :D

70 Tosca (Baking me Happy) June 10, 2011

Lovely chair
and those cupcakes, yammieeeeeee :D

71 Ellie June 10, 2011

Those cupcakes look gorgeous!

I’ve been looking at this blog for a few weeks now, I love it so much! You’re making me feel that being a healthy vegan IS possible (still working on convincing my parents though :P)

Also, I know I’m a bit late to the GF conversation but I wondered if you’d looked at any Erin McKenna’s recipes? She runs a bakery in NY so (though I’m in the UK) I’m guessing they must be good! This article has 3 recipes, there’s some videos on YouTube too- one of them is for blueberry muffins :)

72 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 10, 2011

Thanks Ellie!
I actually have the first babaycakes book but have yet to use it :) cant wait!

73 Kristen Waby June 10, 2011

That chair is so cool! Love the splash of color. Great food photos today :)

74 Cait's Plate June 10, 2011

Oh my gosh these look AMAZING! As usual with your baked goods! I’m dying to try these and strike whole wheat cupcake gold myself! It’s been a goal of mine to get a good one but none of my past experiments have turned out – so I’m putting my faith into these!! :)

75 Kelsey June 10, 2011

these look absolutley amazing! ESPECIALLY the frosting! I’m not the biggest frosting girl, but a simple, spiced buttercream? I’m in!

76 Kelsey June 10, 2011

*absolutely*

I can’t spell today ha!

77 JenATX June 10, 2011

i love your enthusiasm for your recipes :) it makes reading your blog way more fun

78 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 10, 2011

Yay for mom visits! I love that chair, good idea saving it. Such a pretty backdrop to the pics :)

79 Amber K June 10, 2011

That is definitely a cute chair!

I’m bummed because before I had to go gluten-free, I never did experiment with whole wheat pastry flour. And now it’s all I see recipes for! Hope you have a fun time with your family. :)

80 birdie to be June 10, 2011

That frosting looks delish! I am a cinnamon fanatic!

81 Gina (Yogattude) June 10, 2011

I haven’t had any problems yet with subbing whole wheat pastry flour for all purpose in any of my baking adventures. These cupcakes look delicious! I’m excited to see what you come up with for the dinner party.

Ps. my boyfriend and I have made you asparagus potato salad without modification twice now…it’s so freaking good!

82 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 11, 2011

Glad you enjoyed it!

83 Cait's a Runnerchick June 10, 2011

have a wonderful time with your mom!!! i always love a visit with my mammasia! :)

mini strength sessions are the best way i’ve found to get them in too. i’m not a huge fan of weights because it just seems boring but i know how important doing strength and core work is so i make sure to get it in there. doing a little bit each day breaks it up nicely, i alternate between doing my arm weights one day then lower body/full core the other.

great to hear that your running is coming along and hopefully that annoying injury will stay a thing of the past!! also double yumm on those cupcakes! have a great day. :)

84 Ellie@fitforthesoul June 10, 2011

I remembered my fiance and I loved your gingerbread recipe!!! this looks like a winner too. :) And I love that green chair!! soooo cottage-y and it’s green! the most beautiful color in the world! haha. Such a great find Ang~

85 Cindy Robinson June 10, 2011

Great job on a successful cupcake! I love those cupcake liners, I have them too. I made a few turd iced cupcakes for Easter and had to laugh while I stood back and admired them, then remembered your post :) Let’s hope nobody else saw them like we did!

86 Nichole (Flirting with Food, Fitness & Fashion) June 10, 2011

I am always drooling over your vegan desserts! YUM!

87 Christina June 10, 2011

Yay for mom’s!!! And omigosh I love that chair!!!! I’m going camping next week and I really hope to find a garage sale with lots of good finds :)

88 Rhona June 10, 2011

Yum! The combination of ww in cupcakes (I love ww in baking…that nutty taste is out of control delicious) and cinnamon sounds amazing! I will be making these for my next book club meet.

89 Roz June 10, 2011

Have a wonderful time with your family!!!

90 Sarah June 10, 2011

This is totally unrelated to your post, but Wagjag.com Toronto has a deal on for Moksha Yoga in Milton- $39 for 10 classes. I don’t know if that studio is the one you were going to, but I saw it and thought of you! Love your blog.

91 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 11, 2011

thanks I saw that!

92 Sarah June 10, 2011

We missed the thunderstorms here today too!! They brought some clouds and cooled down the whole area. LOVE it! Those cupcakes look amazing :) Love vegan treats.

93 Maria @ Beautiful Busy Bee June 10, 2011

Those cupcakes look fantastic! If I saw that someone was throwing away that chair I would have done the same thing. Vintage wooden furniture + bright paint = something that deserves to be loved, NOT thrown away!

94 Hilary June 10, 2011

Love the cupcakes (frosting looks especially good) and the plates…happy weekend!

95 mariah (pictures pups and pies) June 10, 2011

These look amazing! I’m so glad he recipe was a success!

96 Stephanie @Lungesandlunch June 11, 2011

Oh my goodness! I found this :

Have you heard of it? Apparently every month you can adopt a gluten-free blogger! Maybe this can help with your kitchen experiments? :)

97 Madeline June 12, 2011

I made these in a mini-cupcake version and they were a huge hit! I ended up using all whole wheat flour too and although they were a tad grainy I couldn’t really taste the difference. Great recipe once again! Thanks!

98 Madeline June 12, 2011

99 Beth June 12, 2011

I made these last night for an impromptu birthday dessert and mine came out in a dome shape, not flat like yours. I didn’t change anything. Any ideas? Anyway, they were very tasty and the buttercream was divine. I put a fresh blueberry on the top and they looked darling!

100 Yvonne June 12, 2011

You did it again! Awesome! : )

101 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) June 13, 2011

Those cupcakes look perfect!!!! I will definitely be making them!

102 Zestful Lou June 13, 2011

I’ll have to try these with whole-wheat flour! I made regular vegan chocolate cupcakes for my birthday, and I have had non-vegan friends asking for them for their birthdays every since!!

I love when people request recipes from me. I think it’s such a huge compliment!

103 Luana June 14, 2011

I love you blog!
I made this cupcakes 2 times in the last 3 days, they are very good.
I used grape seed oil and they turned out very shiny.
Even my mom liked them and made them today for her birthday tomorrow, and she is not into vegan baking.
Happy birthday mom!

104 Athena June 15, 2011

Wow! These look awesome, I Love chocolate and cinnamon. I am always looking for ‘healthier’ dessert options. I have to make these.. I wish I had a wicked cool chair to take pictures of them on!!!

105 Sam @ What will I cook today? June 17, 2011

These look amazing! Love whole wheat, love chocolate, love cinnamon. Will be making these asap.

106 Charissa June 21, 2011

Chocolate and cinnamin…I haven’t really tried it…I guess I’m more of a purist with chocolate! :) Looks really good though!!!

107 Lara April 28, 2012

Love these! Made them for a dinner party tonight. Used all ww pastry flour! Promptly gobbled one up and froze the rest. I froze them in a baking pan covered in foil and placed inside a plastic bag. Is that ok? I don’t have suitably sized tupperwares.
Thanks Angela! I’m a long time reader and love this blog but only recently started trying recipes. So far I’ve really enjoyed the almond date balls and parsnip fries. Yum, yum!

108 Vegan Radhika Sarohia February 23, 2013

These cupcakes look sensational:)
And healthy, with the whole wheat flower and everything…I could actually have these once in a while (not supposed to but whatever:p)
Cute pic of your mom too!
I chase my mom around with vegan stuff all the time, I’m like “Try this!” and “You have to try this other thing!” and “Try these now!”
She’s all “Enough already with the vegan food!”
[hahaha]

109 Mollie August 2, 2014

Does anyone know if this recipe can be made to make a cake rather than cupcakes? Most recipes work for both but I just wanted to check and see.

110 ashley March 25, 2015

These are amazing I kept them in the fridge and omg yum!