Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

gty prince william kate dm 110428 ssh   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

[source]

Wheeeeeee!

IMG 5084   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

If you are a hopeless romantic, it really doesn’t get any better than this!

I’ve been glued to the TV since 6am watching the Royal Wedding festivities. The crowds, the church, the royals, the hymns, the elegance, the music, the glamour, the carriage….the DRESS! There was not a hair out of place. Oh and I totally teared up when Kate stepped out of the car. :)

I thought Kate’s dress was perfect in every way. She is classy, elegant, and confident. I loved that the dress was traditional while still being modern and simple. I’m sure we will see a ton of replica and inspired wedding gowns in the stores soon! I also want her earrings.

The only thing that threw me for a loop was that Pippa, Kate’s sister, also wore a white gown, which looked a lot like a wedding gown. Did anyone else think that was a bit odd?

[Update: Some of you mentioned this is a tradition…makes more sense now!]

In much less exciting news, I made homemade crackers this week… :)

IMG 5074   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

I had weddings on the mind, clearly. ;)

IMG 5055   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

IMG 5080   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

These 4-ingredient homemade crackers from Have Cake Will Travel are by far the easiest crackers I have made to date.

IMG 5050   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

IMG 5076b   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

IMG 5054   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

You know what I love? Dough that is extremely easy to roll! I’ve made a lot of crackers in the past and this dough was by far the easiest to roll out.

IMG 5056   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

After about 20 minutes of baking they were ready. Next time, I might bake them even longer because I love really crispy crackers.

IMG 5062   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

They are a simple cracker with a hint of cheesy flavour (from the nutritional yeast) and wholesome nuttiness thanks to the spelt. They are just perfect…and ‘dangerously addictive’ as Celine says!

IMG 5068   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

You can adapt these crackers a million ways and I’m sure you could use different flours too. Celine has an all-purpose flour version here as well.

Herb and spice ideas:

• Rosemary, Thyme, and Parsley
  • Sea salt and dill
  • Cinnamon spice
  • Pumpkin spice (nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves, ginger)
  • Sea salt and vinegar
  • Smoked paprika
  • Garlic, Chive, & Onion
  • ???

I will have to make another batch this weekend for sure!

If you make any spice/herb/flour variation, please leave a link in the comment section so others can check them out too.

IMG 5069   Royal Wedding Fun & Easy Cheezy Crackers

Now go party like a PRINCESS and have a great Friday.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 29, 2011

I loved Kate’s dress too! I watched the wedding while I got my sweat on at the gym, and it made my workout fly by! Like you said, the lace was elegant and princess-y, but still very modern. Gorgeous!!!
Your crackers sound delicious, and these look so easy!! I think I might try to make some this weekend because I just found some nutritional yeast that I decided to try ages ago and still haven’t done much with! Have a fab Friday Ange :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 29, 2011

Mmm — these crackers look delicious! I will have to sub a different flour for the spelt, but I love the addition of nutritional yeast. Good thinking :)

Liz @ IHeartVegetables April 29, 2011

hahaha this is too cute!!! I watched it too :)

Zestful Lou April 29, 2011

Oh yum! I have been dying to make crackers again ever since my whole wheat goldfish crackers were gobbled up!

Lisa Fine April 29, 2011

Cute!

I have been wanting to make crackers for months, and I think I’ll try to make some this weekend. My partner always wants to have more snacks in the house, but whenever we go to the grocery store together, he never sees anything that catches his eye.

I love that these can be customized, so I can add any spices I’d like.

Claire April 29, 2011

I thought Pippa looked amazing. The whole thing was just so classy and elegant.

All eyes on London today!

Noelle April 29, 2011

That is FOR sure! I did not understand why she wore white either. Articles are being written saying she might have looked MORE stylish that the bride herself. Bah! I thought Kate’s dress was marvelous and stunning. I just thought it was etiquette not to wear the same color as the bride. sheesh!

Anne April 29, 2011

Kate MIddleton looked really pretty…I saw Perez Hilton posted your recipe on his FitPerez website, and while he gives you credit for the picture, it doesn’t give you credit for the recipe…that hardly seems fair considering it’s copied and pasted…

Anne April 29, 2011
Angela (Oh She Glows) April 29, 2011

Someone let me know about that yesterday…thanks for the link!

Brit Visser April 29, 2011

According to yahoo: Kate’s earrings were designed by Robinson Pelham, according to the official royal wedding website. They are diamond-set stylized oak leaves that frame a dangling diamond-set drop and pave-set diamond acorn. The earrings, which are a wedding gift to Kate from her parents, were made to match the tiara lent to her by the Queen, and were inspired by the Middleton family’s new coat of arms.

maybe you can get yourself a replica! :) She definitely was BEAUTIFUL!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 29, 2011

Wow wow wow

Christine @ Merf In Progress April 29, 2011

They were saying on the news broadcast that it’s common for the maid of honor (the entire bridal party in fact) to wear the same color/designer as the bride. You know historically the bridal party wore dresses that looked similar to the bride’s in order to confuse and ward off evil spirits. I remember learning something about that when I got married.

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 29, 2011

I was wondering if that was tradition!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods April 29, 2011

Love these crackers! What a fun recipe to celebrate the Royal Wedding- and unique too! These look so easy, will def have to try them soon.

So sad that I slept through the festivities :( Good thing for DVR!

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 29, 2011

LOVE that recipe!! As a kid I used to love Ritz crackers (don’t know if you have those in Canada…?) but I haven’t had cheese crackers in YEARS!! New craving now! :D

And I LOVED watching the wedding!! I’m in love with Kate’s dress- so beautiful! :)

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats April 29, 2011

These look scrumptious. I am going to try some with a gf flour.

Glad you enjoyed the wedding. Your post (the one on scones) actually put me a little more in the spirit than before, which was not at all.

Abby April 29, 2011

I found it a bit odd that her dress was white also. I really loved both dresses though! I was kind of making fun of myself for getting so emotional during the ceremony but I’m a hopeless romantic. lol. I loved soaking in every minute even if I did have to get up at 4:45! :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 29, 2011

I love these crackers, especially the fun shapes!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 29, 2011

I thought Pippa’s white dress was a little odd too. But she looked gorgeous, and they’ve already established that they’re not going to do anything just because it’s traditional.

I wasn’t in love with Kate’s dress, but her smile was all that mattered!

Love these crackers! Reminds me of wheat thins :)

Sam April 29, 2011

Camilla was also wearing a cream dress under a light blue coat. I think Pippa looked nice and that’s probably the look Kate wanted, but I am pretty sure proper etiquette is that regular guests don’t wear white or cream to someone else’s wedding.

However. That didn’t stop one of my guests from wearing a lace cream colored minidress, seating herself at the head table and asking our professional photographer to take multiple photos of her. There’s usually a few loopy ones at weddings ! :P

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 29, 2011

haha oh man!!!! One in every bunch right?

Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 29, 2011

Yes, I totally thought that it was strange that Pippa also wore white! Aren’t you not supposed to do that?? Regardless, she looked beautiful. And no one could really outshine Kate anyway. I thought her dress was perfection. It wasn’t overly elaborate or fussy. It was just perfect!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 29, 2011

I agree :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg April 29, 2011

These crackers look delicious! And I have all of the ingredients so I guess I’ll be making these soon!

I saw Pippa’s dress and although it would be a lovely wedding gown, I thought it was subdued enough (compared to Kate’s!) to be a beautiful maid of honor gown.

Justeen @ Blissful Baking April 29, 2011

The crackers look yummy!
I’m looking forward to watching replays of the royal wedding this week :)

Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily April 29, 2011

Pumpkin spice crackers sound amazing!

Faith @ lovelyascharged April 29, 2011

I’m definitely going to be making these crackers this weekend…I realized that I haven’t bought hummus in ages, and I’ll need something to shovel the goodness into my mouth with!

Emily April 29, 2011

I’ve never made crackers before, that needs to change!

Moni'sMeals April 29, 2011

wow, I love this Angela. I still have not made any crackers at home and you motivate me everytime with your recipes. I like the title… Easy cheezy crackers!

Yes, I loved her dress as well…ahhh.

so I will go be a Princess today, you do the same!

Amy April 29, 2011

I thought it was odd that Camilla wore white too.

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie April 29, 2011

I hardly ever make crackers but I need to make them more often since they are so easy!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 29, 2011

I would have loved her dress if it didn’t have all the lace, not a lace fan. But other than that… it was beautiful! I loved her bridesmaid dresses.
These crackers look delicious! I wonder if I could make them with sorghum flour? Only one way to find out! Man… I have promised myself to make far too many recipes this weekend.

Therese April 29, 2011

Although I didn’t get up early to watch it (got to bed late, had to go to work and all that), I totally scoured the internet for pictures as soon as I got up and will watch the videos later on. Kate was GORGEOUS!!! It really is a fairytale wedding and it’s so nice to see a couple actually in love! My girlie sensibilites totally overcame me this morning!

chelsea April 29, 2011

I loved Kate’s dress…I mean Princess Catherine’s dress! She was so beautiful. I cried like the entire time. I am such a romantic and weddings get me everytime!

Michelle | GOLD-HEARTED GIRL April 29, 2011

Her dress was AMAZING. I can’t get over it. So elegant. And these crackers look pretty amazing, too. :)

Ashley April 29, 2011

I love the ribbed edges!! The texture looks perfect. Yum!!! I always think it’s weird when anyone where’s a white dress to a wedding, let alone the sister. Weird!

Leanne April 29, 2011

I am getting my nurtitional yeast in the mail this week and I got spelt flour in my CSA this week, I think this recipe is in order. Thanks for posting!!

Angela April 29, 2011

I loved it all, such a fun morning. The fashion commentator person they had on the BBC said it nice that the bridesmaids wore white/cream as it doesn’t distract from Kate (as if anything could!) unlike it would if there were loads of people wearing pink or blue. I think they both looked amazing.

Carol April 29, 2011

Can’t wait to make your crackers…probably tonight:) I love your cookie cutters also!

Yes, I thought it was odd also that Pippa had a white dress. Maybe something with a tradition??

Mel April 29, 2011

It’s royal tradition that bridesmaids wear white as well. It’s not a rule but a long standing tradition that I dont think Wills and Kate would choose to break, they dont usually have older bridesmaids either so the dress her sister worn was typical bridesmaids just in white- I suppose the idea is to look like the next bride :)

Love the recipe also!

Heidi @ Food Doodles April 29, 2011

I’m going to make those crackers today. I had a cracker fail a couple days ago :( Well, they’re OK, but nothing amazing. I gotta go find my spelt and grind some so I can make these, haha. I should really just buy some flour next time :D

Jen April 29, 2011

I think I need to make these crackers!

I thought Kate looked amazing, and I did think it odd at first when I saw Pippa in white- but immediately remembered it was an old tradition to have the maid of honor and bridesmaid wear white to confuse the evil spirits…either way it was simply beautiful!

Amber K April 29, 2011

I think I’m the only woman in this whole world who hasn’t watched a single wedding thing. I have caught random parts of E! News but that’s it. I just don’t care about the wedding of two people I don’t know!

Alexa May 1, 2011

Actually, i didn’t watch it either,and I live in Europe!

Heather April 29, 2011

the crackers look delish! also, love your pic in the beginning, ha!

Lucy@The Sweet Touch April 29, 2011

I’ve never made my own crackers before. Must try these!

I loved the wedding, such a beautiful day!

whitney April 29, 2011

Yum I want to make these! :) Have a good weekend!

Whitney