Ultra Creamy & Cheezy Tomato Risotto & Dill Chip Chickpeas

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 12, 2011

IMG_2484-2

This week has been a great week for leftovers!

We have been enjoying all kinds of reheated meals from Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheeze, to Tomato Barley Risotto, and some Holiday Soup For The Soul that I defrosted from the freezer. I don’t know why leftovers get such a bad rep…I’m always so happy when I realize that dinner is already cooked for me. I like to pretend that I have a personal chef when I eat leftovers.

After making Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheeze this week, I had some leftover cheeze sauce to use up. I have been drizzling it on wraps and sandwiches and even dipping tortilla chips in it. It is quite a versatile little sauce!

Then I decided to put a new spin on a favourite recipe of ours, Tomato Barley Risotto.

IMG_7824_thumb1

I made a double batch this time, which is always great for leftovers. This dish reheats nicely and it is really fun to sprinkle on wraps or just reheat in a bowl with a splash of milk.

IMG_2468

But back to the sauce.

I think you know where I’m going with this idea…

IMG_2334 IMG_2470

It was such a simple addition to the Tomato Barley Risotto, but the outcome was amazing. With just a bit of sauce stirred in, this dish was transformed!

IMG_2477

I mixed in about 1/2 cup of the cheeze sauce for a double batch (I didn’t really measure, but just added it to taste). It was mind-blowing good food.

Eric said, ‘Who knew you could eat something that tastes so creamy and cheesy and it would be vegan?’

I lit up like a Christmas Tree.

IMG_2479

This dinner is going on a regular rotation for sure. I think it was the creamiest and most cheesy tasting vegan dish I have ever made (aside from the mac ‘n cheeze of course).

Lunch

I don’t show too many lunches on the blog, but this lunch was new and unusual so I thought I would share it with you.

The star of the show was Fresh Dill!

Do you guys ever cook with fresh dill?

IMG_2179

I have been in love with anything Dill flavoured ever since I was a kid (but mostly just Lays Dill Chips!). Growing up, I couldn’t get enough of those salty, deep-fried, crispy, tangy bites of processed crap. I needed an intervention.

Fast forward to today, and while I love the idea of cramming a bunch of dill chips into my mouth, I’m not so keen on the idea of MSG or other mystery ingredients that lurk in these foods. I’ll take fresh dill any day.

For some reason though, I don’t buy fresh dill very often (I guess I just don’t know what to use it in!), but I really think I should. I originally planned on making Homemade Dill Chips (adapting the Salt & Vinegar Chip recipe), but I forgot to buy potatoes, so I decided the next best thing would be to make Dill Chip Chickpeas. They turned out wonderful.

Eat your heart out Lays.

IMG_2216-2

IMG_2184 IMG_2177

I roasted these, but I preferred the flavour before roasting, so next time I will just mix and serve!

IMG_2181

I enjoyed it with a rainbow of chopped veggies, sprinkled with dill and lemon, and served with hummus.

IMG_2199-3

It was such a great lunch and it really got me in the Spring mood. Sun

IMG_2213

In home décor news, we finally have something on the walls I can show you.

I picked up this plate-inspired wall décor on sale at Pier 1 last week. I thought it was perfect for the warm colours in our house.

IMG_2351

Eric said The Crazy Dish Lady now has dishes on the WALLS and he laughed at me.

IMG_9792

I guess he has a point…

IMG_2347

Today we are knee deep in taxes (personal and business), bill payments, and I also have a bunch of paperwork to complete. It’s one of those days when you wake up and you realize that you can’t put it off another day longer or two men will show up in dark suits and you’ll never be heard from again.

On a happier note, don’t forget to Spring Forward tonight! Yawhoo!! I have some fun Spring-inspired recipes coming up this week to get you in the mood.

CathyK March 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

i love that you have a collection of crazy lady dishes, angela! that is what i am aspiring to collect this year (a goal for 2011). i would like everything to be mismatched and to make me happy with either colour or “vibe.” just picked up a rather kitschy plate on vacation – but it will make me smile when i used it at home.
i really like the wall art! good choice!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food March 12, 2011 at 10:50 am

Risotto is my all-time favorite dish! I cannot wait to try this! I’m always looking for new ways to prepare it! :-)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 12, 2011 at 10:53 am

I love dill too! Oh my gosh… definitely making those dill chickpeas.

Lesley Lifting Life March 12, 2011 at 10:57 am

First … that does look ultra creamy and ultra delicious!!

Second … I love the new wall decor, it’s perfect!

Andrea @ Vegvacious March 12, 2011 at 11:15 am

I love your new Pier One purchase ~ how appropriate!

I love chickpeas and I love Lays Dill Pickle Chips, so I will definitely be trying this recipe!

Lauren March 12, 2011 at 11:16 am

I love this — I have the exact same wall decor in our apartment! You have good taste :) In food and decor!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 11:22 am

The salesclerk was telling me that the wall decor was featured on some home decor TV shows and in magazines…I suspect many people have it on their walls! haha

Nikita March 12, 2011 at 11:20 am

I love dill too! I like to add fresh dill to green salads- it makes them so flavorful!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 11:21 am

me too! I added fresh dill to the salad I posted yesterday…it was fun!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 12, 2011 at 11:23 am

Wow, that risotto looks so creamy and delicious! I cannot wait to try it. I’ve had chickpeas on the brain lately too, and that hummus plate looks like a perfect lunch for a warm day like today (finally :) ) The wall decor is beautiful! I love how it harmonizes and accents at the same time.

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather March 12, 2011 at 11:29 am

I love love love that plate decor! It’s so cute.

I am all about left overs too. I eat left overs basically every day for lunch and love when I can recreate them into something even better the next time. The cheezy risotto sounds delicious!

Sarah @ veggie-kids.blogspot.com/ March 12, 2011 at 11:43 am

Have you ever thought of growing your own dill? You could even do it indoors in a window sill or something until the weather warms up. There’s nothing like fresh herbs growing in the kitchen and then actually being able to cook with them that makes you feel like you’re in touch with nature!
I love the plates on the wall too!
Taxes…yes, taxes. My hubby and I are still dealing with all the prep. work that goes into it, especially when you have you own business….so fun.
Good luck!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 11:55 am

Yes! I do want to grow my own herbs definitely. I have tried growing basil a few times and had NO luck at all, so I’m a bit apprehensive, but hopefully I can grow some this year!

Emily (Comfortable Home Life) March 12, 2011 at 11:46 am

I seriously just dropped everything I was doing to make those Dill Chip Chickpeas. I.love.dill.

I’ll have to try in in my salad soon. Two of my favorite recipes include dill: 101Cookbooks’ Carrot, Dill & White Bean Salad Recipe & Veganomicon’s Dill Basmati Rice with Chard and Chickpeas. SO DELICIOUS.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 11:55 am

mm thanks for the suggestions!

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life March 12, 2011 at 11:48 am

I love that plate with the little place on the side for a fork or hummus!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) March 12, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Your barley rissoto looks amazing Ange! I love risotto, anything cheezy and also barley. Match made in heaven. I feel the same way about leftovers and especially like them when they can be frozen and eaten long after the dish has been cooked. I almost always enjoy it more the 2nd time when there are far less dishes to do afterward. :D

[email protected] March 12, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I love fresh dill can’t wait to start getting it in our csa box! Im so excited for spring, bring on the recipes :) If only the weather would cooperate!

Baking 'n' Books March 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I forgot about the clocks…oh darn.

Eek – I need to start on that tax thing myself. I’m scared to face the (gulp) truth…

Lauren Reid March 12, 2011 at 12:27 pm

i never know what to do w/ dill either! i’m def. gonna pick some up next time and try this, i mean can anything w/ chickpeas be bad? well….. let’s not tempt fate… :P

and i had to giggle cuz i have those SAME Pier1 plate/hanging in my house!!! :D

thanks for the great inspiration as always!

xo

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn March 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Creamy + cheezy + chickpeas = in my belly. You are a deliciousness conisseur Ang!!:)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 12, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I’m a huge fan of dill as well. It adds such great flavour to summer grain salads and dips! I was never a huge fan of dill flavoured chips, but those chickpeas sure look good! :D

Amber K March 12, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I think leftovers get a bad rap because the texture is almost always different. I’m a huge texture person and I can’t stand leftovers becaue they are never as fresh or as crisp as when they were originally made.

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 12, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I love PIer 1 — I worked for them for 6 years – all through high school and college. Sometimes I wish I still worked for them!

The chickpeas sound delicious! You are so creative in the kitchen :)

Sam (the neurotic yogini) March 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm

YAY SPRING!! i still have to get my taxes done.. blahh haha :)

Rachel March 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Hahaha I’ve almost bought the same piece before… Rented one-bedroom apartment, though, so it’d probably annoy my landlord if I were to hang it up as it’s so heavy…

And clearly, I need to stop dragging my feet and buy some barley…

Rachel March 12, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I love Pier 1, and that piece looks great against the wall color. Where do you buy your ceramic spoons? I can not seem to find them.

I am going to have to make the dill chickpeas, it looks so fresh and amazing! Thanks.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 1:30 pm

the spoons are mostly from Crate & Barrel and this kitchen store in Florida (cant remember the name) :)

Rachel March 12, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I never thought to look at Crate & Barrel. Thank you so much for the info.

Have a great weekend. Thanks again.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 1:49 pm

you too! :)

Jennifer March 12, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Can’t wait to try these dill chips but I don’t have any dill in the house. It’s on my list.

Hillary March 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I loved those dill pickle chips!! Can’t wait to try your version.
I LOVE your plates on the wall. It looks amazing. Those colors are great.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 12, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I don’t even like risotto and that looks fantastic! Have a wonderful weekend:-)

Mel March 12, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I’m addicted to tomato barley risotto. It’s so chewy and tasty and yum so will definitly try this.

Jamie March 12, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Made the creamy tomato risotto for lunch today, AMAZING! So good I didn’t want to stop eating it!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 1:49 pm

glad to hear that!

Jen March 12, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I’ve been stumbling upon a lot of chickpea recipes lately! Not complaining though…I love them! Yours look great. Fresh herbs are the best!

Kris | iheartwellness.com March 12, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Hahahahaha!!! I love your “crazy plate lady” decor and I think it would look glorious in my dining room ;)

I MUST try this cheesy dish….I am drooling over here just dreaming of it!

Happy Tax Weekend!

mwah!
xxoo

Kelsey @ Clean Teen Kelsey March 12, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Oh wow, that barley risotto looks heavenly. Must try that asap!

I will be making those chickpeas for lunch this afternoon, mark my words. Would dried dill work? Because that’s all I have. :) I wonder how much I would use?

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I don’t think the Dill flavour would be as strong, but its worth a shot!

Lana March 12, 2011 at 2:39 pm

1) I’m loving the dish wall!!! (I secretly thought about stealing the idea)
2) I absolutely love roasted chickpeas and am definitely going to have to remember to try this dill recipe.
3) You are becoming an AMAZING photographer. I’ve been reading the blog for a long time and decided to comment on it :)

Have a super duper weekend!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2011 at 3:04 pm

[email protected] March 12, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Chickpeas–yes please. dill? but of course! what a great combo~~! I bet this would taste great with mustard, my fave mmmmm

Traci(faithfulfoodiefashionista) March 12, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Love those dishes you crazy dish lady :) I have an obsession with glass jars and containers :) You had me sold just looking at your picture of the rissoto but when I read down and saw those glorious dill chickpeas….Oh me oh my!

Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 12, 2011 at 3:16 pm

two great recipes in one day! I’m a happy gal right now :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Interesting to note this “Note: I tried roasting the chickpeas, but I preferred the flavour much more before roasting.”–

Very good info, thank you! My mind immediately went to roasting them til i read that but I can see how actually roasting/carmelizing them may not be the best with the dill flavor. I bet they would be PERFECT in salads.

I just made a raw zucchini pasta salad this week with chickpeas and homemade lemon, herb, and dill dressing. I love dill! SUCH a wonderful spring and summer-like flavor for me.

LOVE the plates from Pier 1 too!!!!!!

Katheryn March 12, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Love the plates! It seems very you!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} March 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Ooooh the fresh dill and chickpeas looks incredible! :-)

Roz March 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm

OMG, a friend of ours just bought the SAME plates from Pier 1 last week. And it looks great in BOTH places. Love “recycled” recipes. Yay for leftovers. Have a good weekend.

Stephanie Hasbrouck March 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Hi Angela! I am so happy to have found your blog! Last April, I became a vegetarian (well, mostly vegetarian – still eat fish occasionally). I love the way it makes me feel, but I have been running out of recipe ideas. I am an advocate of clean eating, but I find myself buying processed foods more than I should. Now that I’ve found your site, I won’t be doing that as much anymore! I love all of your recipe ideas! I can’t wait to try them! Thanks for the inspiration!

Alaina March 12, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Those flavors look so light and summery! I love it :-)

And the dishes compliment the colors so well! They’re very fall-ey.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 12, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Your walls look beautiful! Love the plate decor. :)

Thanks for the cheezy sauce recipe, it sounds delicious!!

Ariana March 12, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Yes – I love to cook with fresh dill, it looks so beautiful as decoration and it tastes good with nearly everything :-)
And I love your wall decoration, I have never seen something like this but it’s stunning! And lastly I love your pictures – they look really professional!

Cara Craves... March 12, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I made barley risotto this week too.
I have been putting the leftovers on salad and
stuffing it inside my omelet at lunch time.
I love leftovers!

kaila March 12, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Do I spy a future vegan?!?! *cough* eric *cough* ;) Sounds like he’s really been enjoying the vegan food lately!

I TOTALLY LOVE DILL! I put in the salmon burgers I make and I have even made dill humus (it’s delicious btw!)! I love roasted chickpeas to so this will be perfect for me!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 12, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Those dishes look great against the green paint colour! Great eye, Ange!! I was more of a salt and vinegar chip fan as a kid but I LOVE dill now and I often mix it into my tuna salads with some plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and black pepper. Normally I don’t buy a lot of fresh herbs because I can never use them up before they go off. These chickpeas sound amazing though, so I think I’ll have to give them a try!

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' March 12, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I am in LOVE with fresh dill lately! I made a tahini-dill dressing the other day, and I was licking the spoon it was so good! It’s made me look forward to eating salads every day this week!

Can’t wait to try that “cheesy” risotto– it looks insanely delicious.

Sasha March 12, 2011 at 8:07 pm

i LOVE using fresh dill – Try it in a vegetable soup, tomato based type works best and I use quite a bit in the recipe but go to your own taste. The chickpeas sound great, I cant wait to try them.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2011 at 8:45 am

Thanks for the tips, will have to try this :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 12, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Love those plates on the wall! So pretty!

I love dill chickpeas! I made them a while ago, and they are divine!

Emily March 12, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Yum, I loooove dill! Those plates have the perfect colors and textures for that wall. I love it!

Audrey March 12, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Those chickpeas sound so good! It reminds me of something I’ve been making lately–dill hummus! I just throw some dried dill into the mix along with the other ingredients (lemon, garlic, tahini, pepper, cayenne, chickpeas, onion powder, etc.). It’s a really fun way to mix up the hummus routine. I also love cumin hummus.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2011 at 8:44 am

I have lemon dill hummus on my list this week!

Moni'sMeals March 12, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Love these dishes! Been lovin Dill lately too. Will you cook and decorate for me…please!!

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day March 12, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Those dilly chickpeas look great! I am a huge fan of roasted chickpeas..

I love your plates too.

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit March 13, 2011 at 12:26 am

My aunt has the same dishes! Did you get them at Pier 1? I am addicted to that store. zomg.

I make baked chickpeas just like this but I use lemon juice in place of the balsamic. I was planning to make a batch of baked chicks tomorrow… I sense dill in my future!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2011 at 8:44 am

Yup the blue bowl, orange bowl and white plate are from pier 1. :) Loooooove their dishes.

Hannah March 13, 2011 at 2:11 am

I’d rather have plates on the wall than the enormous poster of Brad Pitt’s head that my housemate once put up… nothing against Brad Pitt, of course, but it didn’t feel very classy to have him in the house in paper form ;)

I love dill but have only ever used it with fish before, so I’m super happy to have a vegan recipe for it on hand :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2011 at 8:43 am

haha that is hilarious!

Joslyn @ missfitbliss March 13, 2011 at 8:03 am

Dill is one of the best things about springing forward! I’m so excited about all of the wonderful ingredients that will be popping up in season very soon:)

Sarah L. March 13, 2011 at 8:13 am

Your tomato barley risotto has become a staple for me so I can’t wait to try this variation and those chickpeas sound absolutely delicious. I was also a sucker for Lay’s dill pickle chips when I was younger. :)

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel March 13, 2011 at 8:20 am

Risotto in a Wrap!?! Ok, super impressed by this one Angela- that looks like a wonderful idea <3
MmMMmm and Dill tastes so good! i love it with squash too, like baked kabocha squash, which makes it extra savory tasting :)

xoxo

melanie March 13, 2011 at 8:34 am

Great vegan recipes. Hope tax stuff goes well. I am doing my taxes this weekend too. I procrastinated last week and weekend. I decided to do them this weekend because I know if I procrastinated this weekend I would keep putting it off and I just want them to be done and mailed so I do not have to worry about them or be crunched for time.

Danielle March 13, 2011 at 9:21 am

I have seen that wall plate arrangement at Pier 1 and I love them! The colours work so nice together! And those dill chickpeas looks fantastic. I LOVE DILL

Kendel @ Eating Abroad March 13, 2011 at 9:30 am

When you mention that you used the leftover cheese sauce, is this pre or post adding the butternut squash for the mac and cheese?

Jen March 13, 2011 at 10:00 am

I never cook with fresh dill, but those dill chip chickpeas are so amazing. I definitely have to try this. And, the dishes on the wall look very nice of course. Thanks.

The Teenage Taste March 13, 2011 at 10:13 am

Hey, you’re not the only one obsessed with dishes! I am too! :-)
I love the new dish artwork!

Carpensm @ A Life Without Ice Cream March 13, 2011 at 11:39 am

Yum everything on this post looks so yummy! Maybe I’m just hungry but wow :P Also, love the plates! I never go to Pier 1 … bad things happen to my visa there :P

Natalia - a side of simple March 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm

The hanging dish-display is beautiful! I’m currently adding it to my list of decoration DOs when I have my own place. I don’t think I can currently justify hanging one in my bedroom…

teresa March 13, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Angela~Your recipes look amazing!
I have started seeing a nutritionist who is introducing me to an whole new world of food!
It is really exciting…and I already feel better!
I could honestly spend the day over here checking out EVERYTHING!
Your story is very inspiring!
So glad you are living LIFE with such PASSION!
Thanks for sharing!
You are a tremendous resource!
xo

Alexa @ SimpleEats March 13, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I NEED to make these chickpeas…yum!

faith @ gracefulfitness March 13, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I don’t use dill very often but I added it (dry) to our pasta last night and my husband went nut for it, I have to remember to use it more often! I just planted a bunch from seed so hopefully I will soon be overwhelmed with it and will be making these chickpeas all summer!

Kelsey March 13, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I LOVE dill but I always forget about it for some reason. Those chickpeas look tasty!

And love your plate wall display! So adorable, what a great idea!

Kath (My Funny Little Life) March 13, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Your plates are such a beautiful decor! And mmmmmm, these dishes look really good! I’m getting an appetite for dill now. :)

Zestful Lou March 13, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I made the chocolate cupcakes that you posted a couple days ago. I modified them a teensy bit but everyone (even the picky family) liked them! Vegan-ified success!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 13, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I absolutely adore Chickpeas!!! Do you think I could blend this up and make Hummus out of it? :D

xoxox
Kathleen

Amy March 13, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I had a go at the barley risotto last night and it was delicious!! I used fresh tomatos as well as tinned, and threw in a bunch of spinach as well and it was utterly delectable! My meat-loving partner thought it was awesome and we both really enjoyed the texture of the barley. Such a nice change form rice, which I am not a huge fan of anyway. Thanks heaps for the recipe, glad it caught my eye this time :) I think it will definitely be a staple in my house from now on!

Lauren March 14, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Your dill chip chickpeas have inspired me to make bbq chip chickpeas with some left over seasoning i have!! I looove bbq chips but clearly they aren’t as good for you as chickpeas. I’ll let you know how my experiment goes tonight :)

Lauren March 15, 2011 at 10:24 am

Update: A little BBQ seasoning is fantastic on crispy chickpeas!

Alyssa March 14, 2011 at 8:57 pm

We had your Tomato Barley Risotto tonight and OMGoodness! It is so good. Everyone ate it all up. Next time I will have to try it with some cheeze sauce. Dill and Cilantro are my favorite herbs, personally I can’t think of much that they won’t be good on. Can’t wait to try the dill chip chickpeas!

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. March 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Love the plates on the wall!! Love chickpeas too. Have you heard of “The Indian Slow Cooker” by Anupy Singla?? She takes DRIED beans, unsoaked, and uses the slow cooker to make amazing Indian food. It is so simple & so dirt cheap. Nearly the entire book is vegan and she has lots of yummy black chickpea, and regular chickpea recipes. I have blogged many of our results with the recipes.
Love your blog.

Alison March 16, 2011 at 9:49 am

Great minds think alike! I have the same exact dishes on my kitchen wall! Although, I like yours better with the green paint rather than my yellow. :)

Lynna March 17, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Hey Angela,

Your risotto looked so delicious that I had to make my own. I adapted your recipe and made a Vegan Mushroom and Farro Risotto. I’ve never made vegan risotto before and it definitely exceeded my expectations. Thanks for the recipe inspiration! Here’s a link to my post if you’re interested: http://amourpetitgateau.blogspot.com/2011/03/vegan-mushroom-and-farro-risotto.html

Amy March 19, 2011 at 7:49 am

Thanks, Angela! I made the risotto last night and it was a big hit! I accidentally bought wheat berries instead of barley (I live in South America, so sometimes I forget to look up the spanish name for what I’m buying!), but it still turned out nice and chewy. Right before all the broth absorbed, I added two big handfuls of spinach and let it cook into the risotto … delicious!

Carla Goldberg September 25, 2016 at 3:23 am

Chickpeas and dill is delish!
I have to say I love the dishes on the wall but honestly there’s not enough of them. Imagine the impact of the whole was was covered with crazy lady dishes. Now that would be a work of art and this is coming from a professional artist.