Tahini Avocado Chickpea Salad

IMG_1293

Today is a holiday Monday in honour of Family Day…so Happy Family day to you if you are one of the lucky ones celebrating! Happy Family Day to you even if you are not celebrating. ;)

Eric and I are taking a bit of a RENO-cation this week. We originally dreamed (and hoped and wished) to go on a Winter vacation during this week, but we opted for a RENO-cation instead. Eric is taking a few days off work and I will probably work half days and then do renos the rest of the time and in the evening. We still have a lot of reno work to be done on the house that will take many months (years, decades!) so we really couldn’t justify a vacation right now. I guess it’s an investment in the house instead of our immediate happiness. Ugh, we are such responsible adults now!

Anyways, we promised ourselves that we could still make some fancy drinks with umbrellas while we roll around in the sand.  Martini glassMartini glassMartini glass

Unfortunately, not that kind of sand…the sand that comes from refinishing hardwood flooring!

IMG_9494Yesterday, we spent the entire day putting together an Ikea PAX wardrobe in our closet and I concluded that I will never get those 12 hours of my life back. Sketchie did too. A piece of me died inside yesterday and you can find it buried under particle board and cardboard boxes.

Joking aside, it was pretty easy to put together once we got the hang of the instructions (lie), but of course we encountered some speed bumps along the way. It wouldn’t be an Ikea experience for us unless we had a missing piece, a broken limb, or an improper installation…

I will never forget the time when Eric built my desk the wrong way and he had to take it apart and start over. Whenever he makes fun of me for anything, I remind him of that time and he hangs his head in shame. I win.

Check out the fun ‘jewelry’ organizers on my side of the closet:

IMG_9500

I installed all of those drawers myself…I’m just your average Mike Holmes, ya know.

Speaking of our luck with all things Ikea, we opened a box and one of the huge wardrobe pieces was badly damaged with a huge crack on both sides. We have to drive back to Ikea today tomorrow (it’s closed today!) to replace this broken piece. Not fun, but whatcanyoudobuthaveabeer?

And eat great food…

IMG_1285

By the way, Eric and I are officially obsessed with these macaroons. We discovered if you put them in the freezer and then defrost in the micro for 15 seconds they have this slightly cold and crisp crust with a warm gooey middle. Insanity. I’d say they are probably one of our top 5 dessert cookies of all time.

And I’m just having way too much fun coming up with fun salads lately.

IMG_1309

Some of the dressing ingredients…

IMG_1281b

Feel free to adjust the dressing recipe to taste. You may like more or less tahini, olive oil, salt, seasonings, etc.

By the way, I showed 3 garlic cloves in the photo, but I actually only needed 1 clove.

IMG_1283

The dressing turned out soooo thick and creamy!

IMG_1284

To mix it, I put everything in a big Tupperware container, added some dressing, put on the lid, and then shook it all up so it was coated very nicely. Then I just transferred it to a bowl.

IMG_1285

[But trust me, if I wasn’t taking a photo of it, I would have just eaten it straight from the messy Tupperware container!]

I enjoyed it with some Mary’s Crackers (dipped in more dressing).

IMG_1294

The dressing is super creamy and luxurious, with a tangy kick.

IMG_1298

As I was eating it I realized how happy I am that I am not afraid of ‘fat’ anymore. Olive oil, tahini, and avocado are such wonderful foods for the body. Let’s do our bodies a big favour and leave the 1990’s fat-free era behind, sound good? Thumbs up

IMG_1309

blog-awards-badge

Thank you again for your votes in the Best Health Blog Contest!

You can vote once per day until March 21st and I would really appreciate your help for this contest. I have never actually won any blog contest before and I would be so excited if I actually did. :) I am nominated in the Eat Well category.

Uh oh, the husband is calling me..nothing good ever comes of this. He mentioned something about me ‘stripping’ (wallpaper…I think?). And shaving the ceiling. I shall return with more Reno-cation updates and the delish grub we eat while doing so.

1 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans February 21, 2011

A reno-cation isn’t the most glamorous but just think how beautiful your house will be when you are done! And you get to spend the time together which is still a plus :)

2 Jillian February 21, 2011

Hey Angela! This is my first time commenting, but I love your blog!! That salad recipe looks amazing! Good luck with the renos, and the contest…I voted for you!!

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

Thanks Jillian :)

4 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 21, 2011

Agh sorry to hear about your Ikea predicament! On a positive note, I do like the sounds of the jewellery organizers and that salad! Hope you enjoy your Family Day Ange! :)

5 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) February 21, 2011

you can do wonders with spices Angela!!! I would never have put this combo together and you’ve done it so well!

6 Alex @ Healing Beauty February 21, 2011

Good luck with the renos! The salad recipes have perfect timing because I’m in need of new recipes to include in my meal plan. I love all the healthy fats in them!

7 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 21, 2011

I love all of the organizers in the closet! We recently put in a Martha Stewart closet organizer and I love it — it makes getting ready so much easier.

I totally agree 100% about being so happy to not fear fats — I’m reading In Defense of Food and the author touches on the fact that we NEED fats for important things, like our brains :) Why fear good fats?

8 JenATX February 21, 2011

hehe funny because when I was reading about the dressing in my head I said, “hmm sounds like a fatty dressing” & I didn’t even care at all! This is a happy departure for me because I probably would’ve subbed out the dressing for a vinaigrette in years past. cheers to healthy fats :)

9 Marina February 21, 2011

Good luck with the Reno-cation :)
The salad sounds awesome, with the dressing, and the chickpeas…my favorite combo for a salad are chickpea&avocado!
I stopped fearing fat as well, I just love my avocado, nuts, and butter :)

10 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 21, 2011

That salad looks amazing! I live anything with avocado! :) Good luck on your reno!

11 Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks February 21, 2011

Mmm, your salads are looking really good lately — I still want to try that walnut/bean mixture you made last time!

12 Krystina (Organically Me) February 21, 2011

I would honestly probably want to bathe in that dressing. It sounds divine.

13 Mary February 21, 2011

I’ve never even heard of Family Day but I definitely think we should have one too! Enjoy your reno-cation!

14 Erin February 21, 2011

Oh, this brings back memories! Our first house, and the one we still live in, is a 1928 bungalow in a very desirable Calgary neighbourhood. The last big reno was in 1963, and it was very shagadelic!

We were following my dad’s advice to “buy the best house in the best neighbournood you can afford.” Clearly the neighbourhood trumped the house in our case! Fortunately my hubby is handy as well as handsome, and we proceeded to gut the entire house down to the exterior walls. It didn’t have any insulation at all so we tore out all the lathe and plaster, replaced all the plumbing and wiring, insulated and drywalled. We have enjoyed many stay-cation over the years but it’s been so worth it – I love our house now. This was before kids (thank goodness!). Take advantage while you can :)

BTW, that’s great looking salad!

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

Wow that is amazing all of the work you did! We are slowly going through the house room by room. I think by 2030 we should be ready to buy wall art. ;)

16 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit February 21, 2011

I just want to jump into that salad! It looks fantastic. I’m totally loving that jewelery drawer!

17 lauren @ spiced plate February 21, 2011

what an amazing looking salad! I love making avocado dressing — especially when I’m cleansing, it’s so nourishing and delicious!

18 BrightBakes February 21, 2011

good luck on the Reno…do-it-yourself projects can sometimes be a bit overwhelming, but the results are SO satisfyiing :)
On to the salads….you are making my month, Angela! With springtime on the horizon I’ve been totally craving this sort of thing!
love,
cathy b.

19 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman February 21, 2011

I’m pretty sure Ikea directions drive most people to drink. I’m also sure you can’t put them together without at least one snag.

This dressing sounds amazing. I just started using avocado as a dressing and it’s so creamy and delicious. I’ll have to try this dressing!

20 Justeen @ Blissful Baking February 21, 2011

The salad dressing looks sooo creamy and delicious! I just want to eat a spoonful of it!

21 Alaina February 21, 2011

Love the closets!! I can’t wait for a nice big closet. :-)

I love Mike Holmes!! My husband is a big fan of his show!

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

Eric wants to BE Mike Holmes (or he thinks he is….haha)

23 Julie @ Shining From Within February 21, 2011

You have my votes :). Doing renos instead of vacation is a smart investment that will stay with you forever rather than a vacation! That chickpea salad looks SO GOOD and simple to make too. How do you always make the most drool-worthy stuff?! ;)
You’re a goof!

24 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 21, 2011

I always feel so accomplished after actually putting furniture together. Nevermind that I’ve probably taken some pieces apart more times than I’d like to count – it’s the end product that matters, right?! haha

Good luck with the floors! I think we have some reno-cations in our future as well. :)

25 Baking 'n' Books February 21, 2011

I think you should consider opening a Cafe in addition to your Bakery…salads, sandwiches, soups, pasta dishes – and then dessert with coffee and tea – what more could you want? :)

26 Michelle February 21, 2011

I love concoctions like this! I’ve made avocado dressing before, and it’s TO DIE FOR.

27 Jenn from Much to My Delight February 21, 2011

Woo-hoo! I’ve been looking for more recipes that include tahini. I’ve got this primo jar of the stuff sitting in my fridge and there’s only so much hummus one person can possibly eat. I already have all these ingredients in my house too. Bonus! Thanks for posting this.

PS: I wrote about your awesome blog today on my site!

28 Kelsey February 21, 2011

Avocado and tahini are two of my favorite foods; this looks delicious!!

I’m very new to blogging but have been following your blog for a while and I just wanted to say I love it and you’re awesome! :) I made a version of your famous raw chocolate chip cookies this weekend and they turned out beautifully. So THANKS :)

Good luck working on your house!

29 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

Thanks Kelsey!

30 sadiah February 21, 2011

I can’t wait to try this. I made your vegan alfreado recipe last night, and I couldn’t believe how amazing it was. I felt like I was glowing :D

Thanks for your site!

31 Katie February 21, 2011

Avocado and tahini in one dressing?!? You are a girl after my heart.

32 Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh February 21, 2011

The organizer looks perfect! I def need one of those =] And I am running to the grocery store as we SPEAK, because i want to make that salad NOW :)

33 Lily's Health Pad February 21, 2011

IKEA may be cheap…but NOTHING from there is easy to put together!!!!!!

34 kate@ahealthypassion February 21, 2011

I love IKEA I could spend hours in that store! Oh and that salad looks to die for, I love lots of good healthy fats :)

35 Emily @ One Sweet Vegan February 21, 2011

You have no idea how good this salad sounds to me right now. I’ll be making it this week for sure!

36 Andrea @ Vegvacious February 21, 2011

Oh yum! I love avocados, tahini and chickpeas (but I’ve never had them together) and our warm weather last week has definitely put me in the mood for some salads! I’m planning to start Kris Carr’s 21 day cleanse next weekend and I think this salad will fit in very nicely with her principles.

Happy Family Day to you!

37 Lisa February 21, 2011

I seriously wish you could by my very own personal chef!

38 Sarah February 21, 2011

The Hus and I did quite a few renovations last year. One of my favorite parts was stripping wall paper. Wish I could come over to help- Pennsylvania is a little too far from Canada, I think:-).

39 Ashley February 21, 2011

When will people learn popcorn belongs in the belly, never on a ceiling. Le sigh. Good luck with the reno-cating, your salad looks amazing. I’ve never had tahini but I think I’m gonna pick a jar up soon to try.

40 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

haha i love that quote. The trends, they come and go…

41 Shanna February 21, 2011

Or maybe Eric’s “stripping” is just trying to put some craziness into your RENO-cation ;)

42 felicia February 21, 2011

Wow! Good luck with the renovation. I’m sure it will turn out beautifully.
You always make the most delicious-looking and sounding foods!

43 Lauren at KeepItSweet February 21, 2011

What a great combination of flavors for a salad!

44 Sabine @ thefruitpursuit February 21, 2011

haha happy reno-cation! I would love to take some days off with ma man to do housework! I’m a nerd like that ;)

45 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher February 21, 2011

Angela! You had me at avocado :)))

46 Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen February 21, 2011

I never have good luck putting together anything…c’est la vie. Love the microwave idea with the macaroons – that sounds awesome.

47 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) February 21, 2011

i am definitely making this!! i love creamy avocado dressings, soo delicious! this looks amazing!

48 Elisa February 21, 2011

I soaked chickpeas in fridge over night and was not sure what I was going to do with them, but now I do! So excited to try this recipe.

49 Sarah @ veggie-kids.blogspot.com/ February 21, 2011

That salad looks so good! (Avocado=yum) I also feel like I get into salad ruts but try to eat 1-2 per day so the more variety the better-I”ll be trying this one!!

50 Alyssa @ fashionfitnessfoodie February 21, 2011

Your closet is coming together so nicely!! Cant wait to see the finished product!
That salad looks AMAZING and I am going to definitely make it this week – along with your baked donuts :)

51 Heather (heathers dish) February 21, 2011

I am making that salad immediately…the dressing sounds insanely delicious!

52 Sana February 21, 2011

I just adore any salad with chickpeas in it. I love how you dress up your pictures, now I can totally notice the additional pop!

53 Namaste Gurl February 21, 2011

Yum- Avocado, tahini and chickpeas are my favorite foods, so I’m sure I’d love this salad! I’ll have to give it a shot sometime!

54 Ashley February 21, 2011

Every time I see the word “Reno” I keep thinking of my city where I live now! Yep, that’s what I get for reading a little to early after waking up! This salad looks delish,I might make it for lunch!

55 Ashley February 21, 2011

Good luck with the RENO work!! I will surely be feeling your pain soon. We have to drive SEVEN hours to IKEA to pick everything up. I’m not sure what the best protocol is…but it’s likely we might have to open every single box and check for damaged pieces. I might die. The salad looks so incredibly delicious, Ang!! Love the bright colored place mat too. Your instructional on how to set up food props was great!! It’s something that I don’t really do yet…the table I shoot on is way too small, lol. It’s literally like 1′ x 1.5’….must upgrade!

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

Wow I thought 1 hour away was bad enough! 7 hours is crazy…I think opening up each box is a good idea..I think even we will do that in the future!

57 Rebecca February 21, 2011

Looks SO good! (Seriously, just discovered your site and love EVERYTHING. Want to come to Paris to cook for me? ;) I am absolutely making this followed by the macarons ASAP!
So inspiring! Bravo. Bisous from France!

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

I think you could twist my leg to come back to Paris ;)

59 Amber K February 21, 2011

That dressing looks amazing! All of that healthy fat sounds delicious :)

60 aurélie February 21, 2011

Angela, since i discovered your blog 2 or 3 weeks ago you are my big favorite! i’ll definitely vote for you.
it’s like you know what i-would-want-to eat-but-don’t-now-it-yet. girl, you’re a healthy eating fairy!
and i love posts about you and your husband, he looks so sweet (and gorgeous!).
sorry for my bad English by the way.
i’m a recovering bulimic and I think you one of the very rare people to help me.
thank you.
Aurélie

61 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

Thanks aurélie! That is really nice of you to say.

62 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 21, 2011

That looks seriously so creamy! I love how great salads make me feel.

Hope all the renovations turn out great!

63 zoe (and the beatles) February 21, 2011

“Let’s do our bodies a big favour and leave the 1990’s fat-free era behind, sound good?”

yes, please! and i’ll start by making this salad and dressing :)!

64 Roz February 21, 2011

Good luck on the renos! Hope they get done without a hitch. Look forward to updates and photos. Have a good day, enjoy your stripping and shaving! :)

65 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter February 21, 2011

My sister and her friend tried putting together a bunk bed from IKEA one time…bad idea. It wouldn’t stop swaying, so my dad had to rebuild it.

DYI stuff can be SO frustrating, but I guess once you get it, its a great accomplishment for 1/2 the price!

66 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

I just totally LOL’d at the thought of a swaying bunk bed…scary stuff!

67 The Mrs February 21, 2011

This looks AWESOME! Can’t wait to try it!

68 Amanda February 21, 2011

Avocado is amazing for our hair and skin! I hopped off the fat free train a few years ago and never looked back. That salad looks amazing!

69 Paige February 21, 2011

Hey Angela – I read your blog everyday, but never comment. I’ve written a ton of your recipes to use later in the week (and they’re always amazing!) but this one looked so great, and I had all the ingredients on hand, so I dropped everything I was doing, ran to the kitchen and made it!
This was absolutely amazing. I used to eat salads frequently, but I was getting bored with them. This dressing kicked it up and made me love salads again!

70 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

Thanks for the feedback! :)

71 Em February 21, 2011

Hi! I just made this dressing for my lunch salad and it’s delicious! The creaminess makes it feel super indulgent, and with a healthy list of ingredients like this, I don’t mind piling it on generously. Thanks so much for sharing :)

72 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

That’s so great you liked it, thanks for letting me know :)

73 Heather February 21, 2011

Hello~

I have to saw I love reading your blog and the pictures wow!! I was wondering if you have ever tried a gluten free pancake ~ i love pancakes and I looked though your recipes and saw the spelt pancake but was wondering if you could sub another gluten free flour instead.

Thank you!Heather

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

Hey heather, No I have not tried a gluten-free, but these might be able to be made GF by using a dif flour (there is only 1/4 cup to replace) http://ohsheglows.com/2009/03/08/coconut-macaroon-pancakes-iwd-dress-fitting-2/

75 Ellie@fitforthesoul February 21, 2011

ooOooO you guys have fun with the RENOcation! I’ve never done something like that. And our family is VERY simple with home aesthetics haha. It’s almost like you read my mind! Today I was thinking of making some kind of salad bowl like this! Minus the fancy dressing and everything. This looks delicious.

76 Elle February 21, 2011

Renocation–love it! Very smart idea and I think you guys should totally treat yourselves to a night out to reward yourselves for your hard work. Even if just a beer and veggie burger.

And hallelujah to healthy fats. I don’t know what I’d do without avocados, cashews, and walnuts! I’m not going to find out. :)

77 megan @ blackberries for jam February 21, 2011

I’m totally loving your salads recently! Keep ’em coming! Good luck on your RENO-cation. Since it’s sort of a vacation I think a beer is definitely required!

78 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 21, 2011

Amen to this “and leave the 1990’s fat-free era behind, sound good?”—Sounds great! I was in h.s./college in the height of that craze and everything was fat free…but loaded with sugar. Oh looking back, I just laugh!

Anyway the dressing looks wonderful! Anything blended w/ an avocado and tahini is off to a great start. Thick, creamy, perfect!

Home renovation projects? My husband cannot change a lightbulb. I am not kidding. This weekend I had to install a car seat by myself (it’s a sucky job, just fyi if that day ever comes for you) as my hubs stood by and watched. Building furniture for me? I do it myself or call a handyman…you are blessed to have a hubs who can build things! :)

79 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2011

LOL!!

80 jodie February 21, 2011

So funny. Until I got further in your post I really thought you were going to Reno, as in Nevada!

81 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 21, 2011

What a wonderful salad dressing! I love using tahini to make dressings :)

82 Nichole February 21, 2011

That salad looks great! I have a jar of tahini i need to use as well! :)

I am so tired of home renovations, I had a duplex that the kitchen took 6 months to reno, bought a new house and holding off on renos for now.. haha

83 Emily February 21, 2011

Oh my gosh. I want to make this salad so bad it hurts! I’m on a low fat diet right now, medical reasons, and it is the worst thing ever. I’m appreciative to the 90’s for giving me tons of low fat options, but I understand why this diet never worked for anyone. It’s horrible!!

Anyway, I just bookmarked this recipe so once everything is taken care of and I can eat fat again, this will be the first thing I make. So excited.

84 Celine February 21, 2011

Made your salad for dinner and your energy bites for dessert. So delicious! Glad I found your blog – I will be visiting often.

85 Donna February 21, 2011

I voted!
Lol, ikea is my friend and enemy
Good luck with the rest of the renovations and i’m making those macaroons this week, i can’t hold out any longer i’ve been thinking about them non stop since you posted them yesterday :)

86 imwaytoobusy February 21, 2011

Seasoned chickpeas would be wonderful in a salad! Looks fabulous! I voted for you there and at the Women’s Health contest: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/features/blogcontest
You’re one of the best!

87 Brenda February 21, 2011

OH YEAH. I am making this tonite. I have all the ingredients too. I just love when that happens.

88 Hannah February 21, 2011

There is nothing in this recipe that I don’t want to embrace and devour and take a bath in. Om nom nom.

89 Kath (My Funny Little Life) February 21, 2011

I have no idea how many Ikea closets, shelves, and beds I’ve built so far. Many, for sure. And it’s always an experience!

Renovating itself is so laborous, but the result is always worth it! :D

90 Monique February 21, 2011

this dressing sounds divine :)

91 Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) February 21, 2011

omg this looks amazing! I love tahini-avocado combo!

92 Audrey February 21, 2011

You have such a delightful writing style and sense of humor, Angela!

Good luck when the renos. I am offically jealous of that wonderful jewelry organizer. How useful! Oh, and that salad is drool-worthy…and so SPRINGY looking.

93 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods February 21, 2011

I am envious of that salad, though I do not envy the task of putting together Ikea furniture. Blech.

94 Chicasmama February 21, 2011

I’m sitting here eating this right now, and delicious doesn’t begin to describe this salad!!

95 Maya February 21, 2011

Can you put a note about freezing and microwaving the macaroons on the recipe page? I won’t be able to make them for a while and it would be nice to remember that when I do make them! Thanks!

96 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 21, 2011

Those top pull outs on your drawers are neat! And very impressive install job, might I add.

Can you guys come to GA and install the curtains I bought today? ;)

97 Sara @ Baking and Wine February 22, 2011

I’m so glad I’m not the only person who mixes their salad and dressing in a tupperware container! Ha. And, I always just eat it out of said container. :)

98 Eco-Vegan Gal February 22, 2011

This looks sooooo good! I can’t wait to try this. Beautiful photos as always. : )

99 Marit February 22, 2011

Hehe
IKEA is in my opinion a lifesaver!
I am a single mum and my flat looks a bit like a branch of IKEA. and (*boast*) I have put it all together myself! including new bathroom cabinets!

as for fat… it is a fact that the brain consists of mostly fat (neurons couldn’t live without it!) and it is fueled on carbohydrates so i have never understood how a fat-free and low-carb diet is going to help.
I personally believe that a little bit of everything and nothing in excess is the way foreward.
if you want sweets, have a couple, but not the whole packet…
And avocado, olives and such are packed with other nutrients too so i am fully convinced they are good for you.

I was watching E-entertainment channel the other day and there was a program about celeb diets and how they had lost huge amounts of weight in shockingly short amount of time to either fit a character they would portray or the dress for the red carpet… I was on the verge of tears! some of them put themselves thru so much pain. Just to fit into a dress and look “good”. Personally i don’t think the skeletal look is a good look for anybody and i almost screamed at one of the “experts” who critizised a new mother (her baby was 2 months old) for having a flabby midriff. she was sooo skinny and there was no fat on her. How she even carried a healthy baby is beyond my understanding…
My point is (before i get carried away) that we need better role models. there needs to me a turn in how we expect our bodies to look.
These women do not look healthy. They look hungry and grumpy and malnourished!
we need to start admiring health rather than flat (empty!) bellies and bony backs.
there is a huge difference between starved to size zero and healthily toned.

Angela, you could start a campaign for “Healthy and happy” women across the world.
You allready have a good start!

that was todays rant… hehe

Love your blog!
Hugs, Marit

100 Casey Thomas February 22, 2011

Honestly, I never get bored of my daily salads. I know how to make them taste incredible every time! This one looks fantastic Angela!

If you liek the avocado/cumin mix, you might like this dip I made a while back: http://www.caseylorraine.com/2010/08/the-almost-daily-daily-carrot-cumin-and-herb-dip/

I often thin it down and have it as a dressing and also often leave out the carrot entirely.
So good!!

101 Lenna February 22, 2011

Hello, here´s your Number one fan from the Czech republic:)) I have to tell you that your recepise look always soo delicious that they make me seriously hungry:) Which is bad, because there is still one hour left till my lunch break:) I need to make this salas as soon as possible, I love chickpeas in every form and combination – and avocado definitely makes a great combo!

102 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 22, 2011

That salad dressing looks so so good! I wish I had tahini on hand!

103 Beach Bum Beauty February 22, 2011

I think I’m the only person in the world that actually enjoys putting together flat pack furniture! It’s my tomboy side coming out. I’m just about to go and vote for you now too – good luck, you throroughly deserve to win :-)

104 jillian m. {coffee, light and sweet} February 22, 2011

any recipe that calls for avocado and i’m in. this looks so yum!

105 Jessie February 22, 2011

Just jotted down ingredients so I can make this recipe this week. It looks like spring to me and I need it after the 18 or so inches of snow we just got!

106 Melinda February 22, 2011

Great looking salad.

I am visiting my mom and sister right now and we saw that some cereal was tossed in driveways with the newspaper and we laughed and thought those pesky neighborhood squirrels would probably come running soon and eat through all the boxes just like they did to those glo bars.

107 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner February 22, 2011

Hope you had a good day off yesterday!
YUM, this salad looks really good. I love the looks and color of the dressing. Can’t wait to try it!
PS: Good luck with the contest!

108 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 22, 2011

I love the drawers! :) I need to get me some! :D

109 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn February 22, 2011

I dieee, I love salads especially with crackers!! Mary’s are so good, but so expensive:( I curve avocado tahini dressings!

110 skinnyrunner February 22, 2011

love reading about your renos!
we buy a lot of stuff from ikea, cant beat the prices!, but it seems like half the time something is broken before we even open the box!

111 Aleasha February 22, 2011

I had this for supper last night with the sesame salad topper, and it was fantastic. Filling and delicious! Thanks

112 Zestful Lou February 22, 2011

I decided to the salad challenge with you and make salad one of my main courses everyday. I have always been afraid to suggest salads for dinner with my boyfriend because he likes meat, but I am so happy to announce that he wants to do the salad challenge with me and he is SO excited to have a big salad every night. He said it makes him feel “so responsible.” Haha. I Love him.

113 Mae February 26, 2011

I made this salad dressing today, and it was amazing! I don’t have a food processor, so I just used a hand potato masher – it still worked (and tasted) great!

114 Kelly March 1, 2011

Excited to say I’m going to make this for dinner tonight. Been craving chick-peas (I’m 6 months pregnant) and can’t wait to dig in!

115 Darlene June 19, 2012

This dressing was soooo good, followed recipe exactly, used two teaspoons olive oil and 4tbsp water. My husband loved it , now I just need to think of other things I can put it on besides salad? Im addicted.

116 Sinead August 8, 2012

YUM!! Just made this. So delicious.