My Favourite Recipes of 2010

2010 was a year with some awesome eating! I ate, I tested recipes, and I ate some more. This past year showed me that the sky is the limit when adapting recipes to be free of animal products. I pushed my creativity, experimented with new foods, and I had more variety in my diet than I think I have ever had.

Here are my favourite recipes in 2010….enjoy!

Breakfast

Holiday Soup for the Soul

20101116IMG 0565 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Vegan Mac ‘n Cheese

20101123IMG 2878 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Maple Baked Beans

IMG 1059 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Parsnip Nut Butter Fries (These fries will change your life!)

IMG 4408 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

IMG 5403 thumb1   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Wedded Bliss Soft Ginger Cookies

20100929IMG 3606 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream

20101001IMG 3957 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes and Pie

20101001IMG 3863 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010 20101002IMG 4091 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Honorable mention from Dec 30, 2009…

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!

IMG 8580 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

3 Ingredient Homemade Chocolate Covered Raisins

IMG 7173 thumb thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Vegan ‘Tarte Aux Fraises’, including chocolate ganache banana and peach salsa varieties.

20100925IMG 3335 thumb1 thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 201020100925IMG 3373 thumb thumb1   My Favourite Recipes of 2010 20100925 IMG 3343 thumb   My Favourite Recipes of 2010

Mmm, I’m hungry.

Eric and I were supposed to go to a costume party tonight, but Eric is sick with a terrible flu so it looks like I will be nursing him back to health tonight. I may have to feed him a Green Monster or two! Poor guy, he is in rough shape.

I hope you have a great New Year’s Eve! I’m going to get all motherly on you and tell you to be safe and plan ahead for a DD! I want you all back in one piece tomorrow.

Coming up, a delicious New Year’s meal to kick off 2011….it’s in my belly right now and it is wonderful. Mmm.

Happy New Year’s!!!

Hong December 31, 2010

Thank you for the year in review on your recipes! Definitely an inspiration for healthy eating for the incoming year. Happy New Year!!!

Suzanne December 31, 2010

I just recently found your website…it is truly inspiring! I am a virgin vegetarian but your ideas have helped so much:) Thank you!!!
Happy New Year!

Katy (The Singing Runner) December 31, 2010

Thanks for this!!!! I forgot about some of these delicious recipes!!! :) Have a wonderful NYE!

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) December 31, 2010

some of my favorite recipes this year were courtesy of YOU angela!! Especially the gingerbread pear three layer upside down cake! I can’t tell you how many comments I got to how delicious it was. Thank YOU for bringing such joy and delicious recipes to me and my family! Happy New Year!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 31, 2010

Oh boy! Yum! I definitely bookmarked this page so I can go back and check out all the delicious things I should be making :D

kell December 31, 2010

hi Angela
i cant believe the cake in a jar didnt make the list, i thought was that was genius . . . well i geuss everything you do is pretty divine! anyway, thanks for a great year of spicing up my life :)
happy new year!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 31, 2010

Oh man I forgot about it!

GlendaM December 31, 2010

All I can say is: When is that cookbook in stores? :)

Can’t wait to try a few more out. I have to tell you, you talked about an open-faced sandwich you often made (toast, hummus, tomato paste, basil, tomato). I thought it sounded strange but tried it one day. I added some avocado and sprouts and I have to tell you – LOVED it. I ate it almost every day for 2 months! So, you have me convinced. I try many of your recipes (and love them) and would most definitely buy your cookbook!

All the best in 2011!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 31, 2010

Wow Im so surprised that you remembered that sandwich…that was a while back in the summer I think :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Red December 31, 2010

I have to say the pumpkin gingerbread with spiced frosting is THE BEST recipe of yours I’ve tried!

Stephanie December 31, 2010

I sent your blog to one of my mom’s coworkers who has become vegan. He’s not sure whether he likes your recipes or photographs better! Also, I made the pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls for Christmas. AMAZING!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 31, 2010

heh thanks!

stacey-healthylife December 31, 2010

Oh yes I remember all those, and they all look delicious.

Amalfi Girl (EatRunHaveFun) December 31, 2010

Happy new year! I’m looking forward to going through all of these recipes and thinking about when I’ll make which…:)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 31, 2010

This was a great reminder of so many dishes I’ve been wanting to try! Now I don’t know which one to make first. ;)

Have a great NYE and I hope Eric feels better soon!

carlee December 31, 2010

Your sooo creatvie Angela!
Off to my kitchen to make ALL those recipes! haha
I’m definitly trying them this year!
and BTW I’m eating your lovely Big Summer Salad AS we speak!!! :)
Delicious too!

Amanda (Eating Up) December 31, 2010

Your recipes are my favorites! Happy New Year to you!

Sana December 31, 2010

i really hope Eric feels better ASAP! congrats on an amazing and successful year with glo bakery and project foodbuzz!

Jennifer December 31, 2010

Happy New Year Angela!
Just want to thank you for the inspiration and positivity you gave to me this past year through your blog (I didn’t realize I’ve been a devoted reader for over a year now!).
One of the most positive things I took from you this year was ‘Size Healthy’ – I have found it easier to focus on how I feel and fit into my clothes than the clothes number itself – I thank you for that!!!
Hope Eric gets better soon.

Cara Craves... December 31, 2010

I could not choose one favorite!
I love all of your creations.
Happy New Year Angela!

Trish December 31, 2010

Happy New Year, Angela. Your recipes all look so delicious and beautiful. Love the chocolate cherry bomb parfait. Wish all good things for you in 2011!

Alaina December 31, 2010

Thank you for your recap!! 2011 will get off to a nice, delicious start for me :-)

Happy New Year!!

Lorin December 31, 2010

Happy New Year to you too! I’m defenitely ready for a fresh start. I made your pb & jam pizza but with whole wheat pastry flour instead and it was delicious. I’m going back to college sunday so I won’t be able to cook that much but I enjoyed trying out your recipes. I can’t wait to come back to try your recipes some more. :)

Jackie de Crinis December 31, 2010

Happy New Year to you too! Sorry Eric is sick…hope it’s just a 24 hour bug. One of the great highs of 2010 was finding your website and making one of your recipes almost everyday. Some of the highlights for me were your Pumpkin Banana Oat Cookies (which I’ve made about a dozen different ways and has become my breakfast staple). I made your hummus today (fantastic). My family favorite were the chocolate covered raw cookie dough balls (they were gone in one sitting. Your recipes, photos, blogs & website has been nothing short of inspirational…and OF COURSE I will buy the recipe book! :)

littlemissunderstood December 31, 2010

Hi,
Just wanted to say I love your recipes and you really do glow!

amy December 31, 2010

Great resolution list Angela. I got myself a new journal for 2011 and I found one that warmed my heart and stood for my motto this year. It said “Peace is always beautiful” by Walt Whitman. It also kind of goes along with trusting myself because when I don’t trust my opinions and value as a person I am full of anxiety about what people are thinking of me and whether I’m good enough or pretty enough or skinny enough. If I can let go of this I’ll radiate peace and I don’t have to worry about being the fairest in the land because I am beautiful. Thanks for your daily inspiration! Happy New Year!

Jo January 1, 2011

Okay, so I’m sure I need to make like half of everything you posted here. The Basil Pizza looks sooo yum.. as does the parsnip fries. Thanks for sharing your recipes! :)

tweal January 1, 2011

Happy new year! All this food looks so delicious, and there are so many recipes I need to try now that I see this list! I love the apple cupcakes and the garlic pumpkin knots are really calling my name this morning. Thanks for compiling and sharing this list – much inspiration for good meals :)

Jessica January 1, 2011

I’m so glad I found your blog. Your entries are so inspirational and lovely. Thank you :D and Happy New Year!!

Ruthie January 1, 2011

Hi Angela! I just found your blog and–I LOVE IT! Your recipes are ingenious and all sound/look DELICIOUS.
I am wondering how I could follow your blog. Since I am on blogger…is there any way for me to follow you through blogger (instead of facebook, etc.)? Or would I have to make a separate account?
Thanks! Hope you are having a great New Years!
:D

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 1, 2011

hmm not sure about that, but I know you can follow my RSS feed by clicking on the FOLLOW tab on the right hand side of the blog. All the best, Angela :)

Michelle January 1, 2011

You can type ohsheglows.com into your blogger list, I did that when I used blogger :)

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen January 1, 2011

Ohh that breakfast pizza still gets me!

Roz January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Angela. I hope Eric feels better soon. Your photos and recipes are wonderful, and I’ll repeat what I said a few days ago “I’ll buy your cookbook”!. All the best to you for 2011!!!

Michelle January 1, 2011

Great post, you’ve reminded me of some recipes I wanted to try but never got around to making :)

Justeen @ Blissful Baking January 1, 2011

wow, i just had breakfast, but those pictures are making me want to eat again! the carrot cake oatmeal looks especially fabulous!!

Amber K January 1, 2011

I’m so sorry Eric isn’t feeling well.

But can I just say, that someday you will write a cookbook and I will be in heaven! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! I hope 2011 is amazing for you and Eric :-)

Sandra De Freitas January 1, 2011

I just want to eat your photos! I am so thankful for your blog and all of the delicious recipes you post. They make my family think I’m a great cook! :)

I CANNOT wait until I get my hands on your cookbook! :) Let me know how I can support you to write it…like taste testing! Yummyyyyyyyyy

Happy 2011!

Camille @ La Bella Vita January 1, 2011

Ooooh Thank you so much for this post! I feel like I save all my favorite recipes of yours, but this makes it so easy to track back to. Happy New Year!

Marci January 1, 2011

I can vouch for the pumpkin gingerbread! Your photos and recipes are beautiful. I want to make/eat them all.

debbie adler January 2, 2011

Your site rocks! I can hardly wait to read what you come up with next. I plan on trying each of these delicious looking recipes. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Debbie

Danielle F January 2, 2011

Hey!! Just wanted to let you know that I tried the Coconut Chai Latte recipe, and it is to-die-for!! It’s my new favorite night-time drink!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 2, 2011

glad you enjoy it…i love it too!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 2, 2011

I’m way behind on my blog reading, but wanted to say that the Carrot Cake Oats were my fav of 2011. :)

I’m so glad I found your blog this year – thank you for the continued inspiration. Cheers to 2011!!!

Hillary January 2, 2011

LOVE the list! I can’t wait to try more of your recipes!
Thank you so much for all the work you put into these. The pictures and narration really help and make the recipe come alive. :)
I wanted to make a comment on the Vegan Mac N Cheese. I made it today- first Vegan recipe ever for me! I used almonds because I did not have cashews. I soaked them and took the skins off. I’m not sure it came out as creamy as it was supposed to but it was still delicious! I only had a small food processor so I had to do things in stages. I just wanted to let you know. :)
Thank you so much for sharing these. I am so excited to have some awesome recipes to work with as I transition my eating lifestyle.
((HUGS))