Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

Good morning!

Hope you are having a great start to your week. Well, my dinner recipe didn’t turn out exactly as I wanted it to last night, so that post will be coming up later. I just need to tweak it a bit more!

It has been a while since I have done a breakfast post, so I thought I would show you what I have been eating for breakfast this Fall season.

Pumpkin Pie Delight Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits!

20100930IMG 3662 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

I also make Gingerbread and Butternut varieties to mix it up. I have vegan overnight oats about twice a week.

I have also been rocking the Green Monsters about 4-5 times a week, sometimes for breakfast other times for post-workout snacks.

20101107IMG 0007 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

And Pumpkin Pie Monsters…every now and then.

20100926IMG 3438 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

I have also been enjoying Spiced Up & Stacked Pumpkin Butter Pancakes (or other flavours of pancakes) about once every two weeks. I haven’t really had much time for pancakes lately, but I am hoping to make them this weekend.

20101007IMG 4483 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

This morning, I thought I would whip out the hot oatmeal for a change! I was freezing in the house when I got up and the only thing on my mind was HEAT!

20101108IMG 0015 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

The Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal ingredients:

20101108IMG 0009 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

Note that I have no sweetener in the oat mixture. I prefer to add my sweetener on top of the oats as I find you can taste it better. The oats on their own will not taste great, but the topping bring it to life. You can also add a banana to the oats while cooking if your prefer them sweeter.

20101108IMG 0013 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’ 20101108IMG 0015 thumb1   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

The toppings:

20101108IMG 0021 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

Along with some japanese Sencha Green Tea:

20101108IMG 0029 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

I love adding 1 tbsp of almond milk on top. It cools the oats down slightly and gives it a wonderful consistency like cereal. It’s fun swirling around all the flavours, and of course, the maple syrup is key here.

20101108IMG 0034 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

I also loved the 1/2 tsp of Earth Balance on top. It really gave the oats a nice savoury flavour and went well with the sweetness of the maple syrup.

Adding this to my rotation!

20101108IMG 0044 thumb   Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal With All The Fixins’

A great way to warm up on a chilly morning. :)

Well, I shall get back to my bakery work! I have a really busy week ahead of me with lots of orders to get caught up on, including a donation of Glo Bars for a charity volleyball tournament this weekend. I am also hoping to finalize the nutrition labels for the new holiday Glo Bar flavour and also the holiday variety packs! This week is going to fly by.

What breakfasts are you loving right now?

Jen November 8, 2010

Good grief…everything looks incredible!!! I still have to try pumpkin oats, they are on the menu for this week :)

Jen

Halley (Blunder Construction) November 8, 2010

You must certainly be a busy bee lately! It’s so inspiring to know that 2 or 3 years ago, all of this was just a hope in your heart. It goes to show what passion & dedication can do! But I wonder, would you do it all over again, knowing that it would mean less pancakes in your life? ;)

Laura @ Tidbits November 8, 2010

I’m just loving my plain bowl of oats topped with chia seeds, banana, skim milk and pumpkin butter! mmmmmmmm mmmmm mmmm

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed November 8, 2010

Yes, this week will fly by, wont it! Work sounds busy but fun. This oatmeal looks fabulous. I am trying so hard to hunt down canned pumpkin in Australia. Maybe I’ll suck it up and make my own :)
Heidi xo

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 8, 2010

Oatmeal is always SO comforting in the morning. I love all your toppings… I can imagine it took your breakfast over the top.

Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 8, 2010

oh yummo – they all look like such wonderful starts to the day!

Annie@stronghealthyfit November 8, 2010

I’m hooked on pumpkin overnight oats made with plain yogurt and topped with nut butter!

Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo November 8, 2010

I’m all over muffins and tea…it’s such a warm, comforting breakfast on chilly mornings.

Camille November 8, 2010

That is one handsome breakfast! I am all about oats right now. It is the perfect way to warm up in the mornings!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing November 8, 2010

I am loving that the weather has cooled down so that oatmeal actually is really appealing again! All summer it was soooo hot out and after spending the AM at the gym it was just not fun to sit over a steaming bowl of oatmeal. Now I can really enjoy it :).

Traci November 8, 2010

I love green monsters in the morning but when the cold temps set in I run to good ole gussied up oatmeal in the mornings. I love the months of November and December but I can be such a wimp when it comes to the cold:O

Stefanie November 8, 2010

Well I am certainly loving all of the breakfast above! Thanks for the new bookmarked breakfast ideas!

In the mornings I usually stick to oatmeal, overnight oats, smoothies (GM), hummus n’ toast…ALWAYS with a side of caffeine! It really just depends on how much time I have that day! :)

Meghan Telpner November 8, 2010

I love those pictures and the green monster looks delish :)

Stefanie November 8, 2010

I am likeing pumpkin in my hot ceral. It adds a slightly creamy texture. Your breakfast looks really good but they always do. :)

Paige @Running Around Normal November 8, 2010

I have been loving plain old oatmeal with PB! Never fails:) I also add a little Jay Robb protein powder in as well.

Nicole (Picky Nicky) November 8, 2010

I had pumpkin pie oats for breakfast this morning :) I made it just like you but added flax seeds and almond butter as a topping and mixed some honey into it. Came out awesome!!

stacey-healthylife November 8, 2010

All of my favorite combo’s.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 8, 2010

Pumpkin oats are my all-time favourite breakfast! Except last week I bought blueberries and strawberries, so I’ve been having lots of yogurt messes with those lately. I’m excited to finish them up and get back to pumpkin oatmeal though. :D

Elizabeth November 8, 2010

Your Pumpkin Oats look soooo good! I’ll have to try them. I usually rotate between warn oatmeal with nuts and raisins, Red River cereal with berries and a drizzle of maple syrup and whole grain toast with sliced pears – when the pears are just right they have an awesome buttery texture that goes so well with the toast. :) I usually save the green monsters for post workout.

Cara Craves... November 8, 2010

I love a good bowl of hot oats in the morning…I great way to start the day.

Wei-Wei November 8, 2010

I like adding a little milk, too – it adds a little flavour (as opposed to adding water… that’s kinda nasty) and also cools it down. I love swirling in a bit of honey and getting an occasional sweet bite. Mmmm. I love how hot oats make me feel ;)

Rachel November 8, 2010

Angela, I have been reading your blog so much that I’ve started to think like you…. I whipped up some hot pumpkin pie oatmeal for breakfast this morning (complete with chia seeds, maple syrup, and pecans) a FULL 10 HOURS BEFORE I READ THIS POST! Wow! Coincidence? I think not… ;-)
You’re my favorite blogger! Keep it up!
p.s. I added raisins to my oatmeal mmmmm!

Kate November 8, 2010

Hi Angela!
I just stumbled upon your blog… wow!!! Your photography is absolutely stunning, as is the food. I am so impressed!!
I’ve been drooling over all the autumnal recipes I’ve been seeing around the blog world recently (I’m in Australia and we’re coming in to summer), but yours have got me totally swooning over pumpkin!
Kate :)
GreenandJuicy.wordpress.com

Charlie November 8, 2010

I had hot oatmeal this morning too!
I wanted a quick hot breakfast ;).

Emily Elizabeth @ Kisses for Breakfast November 8, 2010

I’ve been having overnight oats, green monsters and my new favorite is oat bran with raw cacao, coconut butter, chia seeds & sweetened with a little mashed banana – it’s heaven!

Bonnie November 8, 2010

Hot oatmeal with ANY fruit (though mainly bananas and frozen blueberries!) plus cinnamon and some almond butter has been hitting the spot for me lately…with the colder Calgary days I’m all in for this meal to start my day off I’m enjoying GMs after hard workouts or longer runs – and I have you to thank for it!

I, too, like the way you’ve displayed your ingredients on your cutting board – it’s beautiful and makes for a neat shot.

Rebecca November 8, 2010

I love Weetbix with Rice Milk or Rye Toast with Vegemite or Chocolate Pancakes (that is a weekend treat)

Moni'sMeals November 8, 2010

That loosk amazing! Maybe tommorow.

I am lovin my Pumpkin Bars and Oatmeal w/ Persimmons and Apples. :)

Anna November 9, 2010

Considering that for years I would have a handful of frozen raspberries for breakfast (and panic when we ran out and I had to eat frozen melon/pineapple mix – a whopping twenty calories more T__T) breakfast is still fairly new to me, and I’m suprisingly awesome at it. At the moment, I make porridge (oatmeal, to you; maybe it’s porridge if you make it with water? Or just the British term? I don’t know) with a pinch of salt and a good few spoonfuls of soy yoghurt over the top (on hot oats it sort of melts and goes amazingly creamy), and then some warmed-up homemade fruit compote… apple and plum, right now.

I would LOVELOVELOVE to try your VOO for mornings when I don’t fancy a hot breakfast, but I can’t find flax/chia seeds in the UK. I’m still using your ideas though, to get my confidence up. This week I want to experiment making either almond or coconut butter, to put on top of my oats in the morning =]. I would give a GM a try, but I think my housemates would judge me – they let me get away with most things, but if anyone saw me putting kale in the blender I don’t even know what people would think, haha.

Roxane November 9, 2010

Hey Anna,
I also live in the UK and believe it or not but I actually buy my Chia seeds on Ebay UK!! It’s definitely worth having a look…
Angela,
I just love love love how inspired you are for breakie! At teh moment, I am having hot oatmeal mith soymilk, mixed dried fruits, almonds, cinammon, chia seeds and honey. Very quick but very yummy and a great start to the working day. On the weekend – as I have more time – I usually spoil myself and my boyfriends to more special treats: crepes, pancakes, waffles, French toasts, poached eggs on cheese on toasts… Or downright crazy: GM milkshakes!! Oh yes!

Kristy November 9, 2010

I am turned on by your spice display – is that wrong? ;-)

Jenny November 9, 2010

I’ve been enjoying green monsters w/ spinach and banana lately! BUT, they make me FREEZE, so I may have to switch to oatmeal pretty soon.

Susan November 9, 2010

Lately I’ve been eating oatmeal with pumpkin butter! I think that will last me through the fall as I am clearly obsessed with pumpkin butter right now!

Lauri (RedHeadRecipes.com) November 9, 2010

LOVE that little stick spoon!! Where is it from?

Now that the weather has cooled off, I’m all about oatmeal! I don’t really care for it during the summer–> usually go for overnight oats when its hot out! Your pumpkin pir oats look DEEElicious!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes November 9, 2010

I’m really feeling the pumpkin love in this post!

mindy November 9, 2010

I made you Gingerbread VOO last night and this AM was really chilly so I put the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes. What an easy way to have hot oatmeal in the morning! This will be my new way to make oatmeal rather than having to cook it for so long and having to worry that it will boil over…..because it always does :)

marla {family fresh cooking} November 14, 2010

Your pumpkin pie oats look amazing. All of the fall colors & flavors in this post are tempting & happy. I too like to add the majority of my sweetener to the top.

Meredith March 29, 2013

Yum! This was breakfast this morning – with a banana added to the oats while cooking and coconut oil instead of Earth Balance (I was out). Soooo good.

Lola Albino March 31, 2013

I just prepared this recipe for breakfast, and I loved it. The oats were so creamy and filling. I may never make oatmeal any other way. Thanks.

Sara May 30, 2013

Pure bliss in a bowl :) Love this recipe! That little bit of earth balance was such a good idea.

Laila Heidema September 23, 2013

I just made this and it was awesome! I’ve been so tired of oatmeal because it always tastes the same (at least how I’ve been making it). This was sooooo nice. Thank you!
I wonder how I could make this with steel-cut oats…

Page 2 of 2«12