Can we just bottle Fall up, and not let winter come?
I went on a frigid 4 mile run this morning! It was -1C outside which is colder than it has been lately. I thought I might turn into an ice cube. I did 4 miles in about 34 minutes. The hot shower was so welcome today!
Pizza is all I can think about since discovering that pizza dough is super easy to make! Among my 10 trials of pizza that I did on Friday night and Saturday morning, I had two other successful outcomes. I thought I would share those recipes with you today. Up first, the delicious dessert pizza. My original idea for Project Food Blog Challenge #5 was to do a fun twist on a traditional dessert pizza and then I bailed at the last minute and decided that it was a bit too predictable. It still turned out wonderful though.
Oh She Glows
Avocado-Lime Whip Fruit Medley Pizza in a Sugar Cinnamon Crust
- Homemade Cinnamon Sugar pizza dough (use same recipe here but use 2 tbsp sugar and 1.5 tsp cinnamon. Also sprinkle the entire crust before baking with turbinado sugar)
- 4 avocados
- Fresh lime juice from half a lime (approx 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tbsp coconut milk
- 12 tbsp icing sugar (confectioner’s)
Directions: In a food processor, add in the avocado, lime juice, and agave. Process until smooth. Now add in the vanilla, melted coconut oil, and coconut milk. As the last step, add in the icing sugar very gradually until the consistency you want is achieved. Cool in fridge for about 30 minutes before using. Spread over the base of cooled & cooked pizza crust.
- Fruit salsa: Chop up a mixture of strawberries, mandarin oranges, mango, kiwi, and raspberries. Add in blueberries too. You will want about 2-3 cups of the salsa.
- Fruit layer: Mandarin, strawberries (sliced), blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi (sliced), mango (sliced), and whatever else your little heart desires! Peach would be good too.
Directions: After you have spread on the avocado-lime whip, it is time to layer on the fruit. I started with an outer layer of fruit salsa, followed by a layer of sliced fruit. After those two layers, I did a very small layer of sprinkled coconut, followed by a layer of raspberries, and then finally fruit salsa. I left the inner circle open as I was going to put a large strawberry there, but then we ate it and that was that. ;)
Definite winner. I loved the avocado-lime whip too. It was a really unique way to change up the traditional cream cheese base. It was addicting and refreshing and I couldn’t stop eating it.
Up next…HUMMUS PIZZA with a curry-infused crust!! Oh my word, did I love this pizza.
Oh She Glows
Hummus Pizza on a Curry Infused Crust
- Homemade Curry infused pizza dough (use same recipe here but add in 1 tbsp good quality curry powder. Omit the other pizza herbs too.)
- My favourite hummus recipe
- Olive oil
Directions: After pizza dough is cooked and cooled for just a few minutes, spread on a huge layer of the hummus (I used 2 cups approx) and then sprinkle with paprika. Drizzle on lots of olive oil and serve.
This pizza was incredible. I was seriously addicted and needed an intervention.
They would make a fun appetizer too!
I have a few other ideas on my ‘pizza list’ that I still want to try out at some point! One of them includes Guacamole pizza. Mmmm.
If you could make any pizza combination in the world, what would you pick?? :)